PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood and Revelations?

Soulid_Snake
08-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi guys, first time I'm posting in this particular forum, so go easy on me!

I've got AC and AC2 and enjoy the latter alot, are Brotherhood and Revelations similar in terms of things to do and has, including the following? :

- Feathers.
- Statue collecting.
- Beat up events.
- Assassination Contracts.
- Boat Races.
- Random people missions.
- Codex pages.
- Treasures.
- Assassins Seal.
- Courier Assignments.
- Art Works.
- Glyphs and puzzles.
- Rebuilding Monteriggioni.
- Economic system.
- Killing Thieves.
- Weapons.
- Advanced Combat.

Should I get them?

Another question, whats the framerate like? AC2 on my PS3 lagged once in a while.

Dralight
08-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Hello and welcome to the AC forums. ;)

- Feathers.
Brotherhood has Feathers and Flags, Revelations has Fragments.
- Statue collecting.
No statues in ACB/R.
- Beat up events.
They're sort of still there, but not in the same way as AC1 and 2.
- Assassination Contracts.
Plenty of contracts in Brotherhood, not so much in Revelations though
- Boat Races.
Nope.
- Random people missions.
There are random events in Revelations, although they weren't implemented all that well.
- Codex pages.
No more Codex pages
- Treasures.
Yup, treasures are in both ACB and ACR.
- Assassins Seal.
There is an ACB and ACR equivalent of them, yes.
- Courier Assignments.
Nope.
- Art Works.
Yes you can still buy art in ACB, books in ACR.
- Glyphs and puzzles.
The Glyphs returned in ACB, but not in ACR.
- Rebuilding Monteriggioni.
Yes, except they extend to rebuilding the cities of Rome and Constantinople in ACB and ACR respectively.
- Economic system.
Yes.
- Killing Thieves.
Yes, ACB even has groups of bandits who occasionally attack you.
- Weapons.
Wider variety of weapons in ACB and ACR
- Advanced Combat.
ACB introduced kill streaks, so you can chain together your kills quickly and efficiently.

If you want the full AC experience you should definitely get them both, although they are both shorter games than AC1 and 2. The stories are still good though and there are some pretty big plot points in them that you may want to know about before ACIII.
I can't really say for PS3 since I play on Xbox, but the framerate has mostly been good for me in both games.

LoyalACFan
08-07-2012, 08:34 PM
-Feathers are replaced with flags, but the general idea is the same.
-Statue collecting was exclusive to Monteriggioni, they're not back
-Beat-up, races, and courier events are replaced with quests for the factions (thieves, mercenaries, and courtesans) but they usually incorporate those elements
-Assassination contracts are back, but there's not as many of them
-Boat races... no. I don't even think they were in AC2, were they?
-ACR has a few random people missions
-Codex pages don't return, since he has all of them already
-Treasures are back
-Assassin Seals don't exactly return, but there are Romulus keys that do pretty much the same thing and are obtained the same way
-Art works return in ACB, but are replaced with books in ACR
-Glyphs return in ACB, but are sadly absent in ACR
-The "rebuilding the city" concept returns, and is much more expansive than rebuilding Monteriggioni
-Economic system is pretty much the same
-Killing thieves (I'm assuming you mean the guys who pick your pocket) is back
-Weapons are pretty much the same too, you buy them from a blacksmith and put them on a rack at your hideout
-Advanced combat... Not sure exactly what you mean, but it's a lot more fast-paced in ACB and ACR due to the new kill-streak feature that lets you kill multiple guys in one combo

Yes you should get them. Though I never had any framerate issues on any AC game on PS3.

EDIT- looks like somebody beat me to it :(

RatonhnhakeFan
08-07-2012, 08:34 PM
The only AC game I had framerate issues was AC1 so don't worry, you can buy ACB & ACR without worrying, they run very well

Soulid_Snake
08-07-2012, 09:47 PM
-Feathers are replaced with flags, but the general idea is the same.
-Advanced combat... Not sure exactly what you mean, but it's a lot more fast-paced in ACB and ACR due to the new kill-streak feature that lets you kill multiple guys in one combo

I meant in terms of Counter Attacking, Disarming etc. But, thanks for the great answer, I've got alot from it. As for the Boat races, I think I got it confused with free running races. :)

@LoyalACFan, RatonhnhakeFan, Dralight: Thanks for the perfect answers! :cool:

LoyalACFan
08-07-2012, 10:17 PM
I meant in terms of Counter Attacking, Disarming etc. But, thanks for the great answer, I've got alot from it. As for the Boat races, I think I got it confused with free running races. :)

@LoyalACFan, RatonhnhakeFan: Thanks for the perfect answers! :cool:

You're welcome! Disarming and counterattacking are both back, but there are some tougher enemies that resist those moves.

SaintPerkele
08-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Just pointing this out: ACB features something similar to statue collecting, once again in Monteriggioni. I won't say more as this would be somewhat spoilerish, but it's definitely fun ;)

TheFrontLine
08-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Just pointing this out: ACB features something similar to statue collecting, once again in Monteriggioni. I won't say more as this would be somewhat spoilerish, but it's definitely fun ;)

Isn't that more similar to the 'Assassin Seals'?

SaintPerkele
08-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Isn't that more similar to the 'Assassin Seals'?
Eeeh.. no?

SPOILER BELOW

I'm talking about the Ezio artifacts you can get as Desmond in the modern-day Monteriggioni ;)

Will_Lucky
08-08-2012, 01:56 AM
Should be able to get them cheaply, and yes you should definitely get them. They refine the AC2 gameplay perfectly.

Soulid_Snake
08-08-2012, 03:24 AM
@everyone: Thanks for the replies, I'm definitely gonna purchase them in the near future ! :cool:

I tell you, AC2 cangive GTA IV a run for it's money.

POP1Fan
08-08-2012, 01:31 PM
-Feathers
Flags in Brotherhood, Animus Fragments in Revelations.
-Statue Colection.
No...
-Beat up events.
A few.
-Assassination Contracts.
Lots of them in Brotherhood, in Revelations you have Master Assassin missions.
-Boat races.
No.
-Random people missions.
Yes.
-Codex Pages
Not sure in Brotherhood but in Revelations there are Ishak Pasha Pages that once colected unlock a new mission.
-Treasures.
Yes.
-Assassins Seal.
There are in both Brotherhood and Revelations. In the latter they are even in the main story.
-Courier Assignments
No.
-Art works
Brotherhood yes, Revelations has books.
-Glyphs and Puzzles.
Brotherhood yes, Revelations has Desmond first person missions that you get once you colect enough Fragments.
-Rebuiding Monteriggioni.
Yes, but this time it's not just the hideout, but the wholce cities.
-Economic System.
Yup.
-Killing thieves.
Yes they are, and in Revelations there are Stalkers that will try to kill you and need to react fast to counter.
-Weapons.
Lots of them.
-Advanced Combat.
Yes. In Brotherhood the chain kills are introduced, that you use to pretty much own the guards. Everything else is there, like Countering, Disarming etc. In Revelations there are some new type of guards that can negate Countering and block attacks, and the Taunt move has been replaced by the Counter Steal, which helps you get medicine of amunition DURING the fight.

Also: In Brotherhood and Revelations, the missions have the optional 100% synch feature, that makes you do the task the way Ezio did it. In Brotherhood, the more missions you have as 100% you can unlock other memories about Christina, the girl Ezio is with in AC2.
In Brtherhood there are Borgia Towers, where you have to kill the Templar guard and then set the tower on fire to eliberate the area and you can buy shops there, while in Revelations you conquer Dens, that after killing the Tempar guard, if you Notoriety gets to high you need to protect that Den from enemies.
Also, some of the best missions in the series are in Brotherhood, the DaVinci weapons. They are pretty much like the Flying Machine in AC2, but there are lots of them, and each is different. You get to even drive a "tank".

Soulid_Snake
08-11-2012, 10:00 PM
@POP1Fan: Thanks dude! :) One thing that is encouraging to hear is that the guards seem more challenging, which generally wasn't the case in AC2.

Aphex_Tim
08-11-2012, 10:11 PM
@POP1Fan: Thanks dude! :) One thing that is encouraging to hear is that the guards seem more challenging, which generally wasn't the case in AC2.

You're gonna hate the Janissaries in AC:R :p

Soulid_Snake
08-11-2012, 10:15 PM
You're gonna hate the Janissaries in AC:R :p

Lol, do they just look at you and run off?:p

SixKeys
08-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Lol, do they just look at you and run off?:p

On the contrary, they can break your kill streaks and will block almost every move. They're not terribly intelligent or strong, just resistant to counters, which can turn battles a little tedious.

stargate55555
08-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Nothing like AC1 I would say it has a new thing that I love is recruiting assassins.

TheFrontLine
08-12-2012, 12:09 AM
I absolutely despise Janissaries. I like a challenge, but they are just downright annoying with their pistols. If you don't attack them, they walk backwards and shoot you. The only way to stop it is to hit them before they shoot, but that will just make them block your every move.

I also dislike the recruits as they as insanely overpowered. You'll soon notice all they do are high-profile hidden blade assassinations on the enemies. If one gets blocked, the other will do it to the back of the enemy.

Free_Hidings
08-13-2012, 04:16 AM
Definately get Brotherhood first. Amazing story, fantastic setting + music + gameplay, and the multiplayer is amazing.

Relevations is also awesome and the action cutscenes are incredible but overall I think Brotherhood is the best one so far

WarriorPaint
08-21-2012, 03:09 AM
SoÖI have AC 1 and AC 2 and have no desire to play Revelations or Brotherhood at all. Iíve heard that they arenít that great and personally, I donít think Ezio is interesting enough to follow his exploits through 2 entire games of spinoff episodes, especially after his role as a prophet and subsequent relevance to the trilogy is finished. But I am a huge fan of the main stories from 1 and 2 both in and outside of the animus.

Do you guys think Ubisoft will treat Revelations and Brotherhood as true spinoffs and exclude any extra info not in AC 1 and AC 2 from appearing in any shape or form in AC 3? Will events flow from AC 2 to AC 3 just as smoothly as they did from AC 1 to AC 2? Do you think any piece of info from Revelations or Brotherhood is significant enough to warrant addressing in AC 3?

For those that think an event from Revelations or Brotherhood does require some mention is AC 3, are their stories good enough to be worth playing through the entire game(s)? Please note that Iíve seen a part of a cut scene from one of them (though I donít know which one) and Iím not very fond of it. I particularly donít like how subject 16 is demystified or that the conception of Ezioís child as he/she relates to Desmond wonít be in AC 3 since itís apparently been covered in the spinoffs. Knowing that, do you think my view of the main stories will be further tarnished (however little) by playing them?

Assassin_M
08-21-2012, 03:40 AM
So…I have AC 1 and AC 2 and have no desire to play Revelations or Brotherhood at all. I’ve heard that they aren’t that great and personally, I don’t think Ezio is interesting enough to follow his exploits through 2 entire games of spinoff episodes, especially after his role as a prophet and subsequent relevance to the trilogy is finished. But I am a huge fan of the main stories from 1 and 2 both in and outside of the animus.

Do you guys think Ubisoft will treat Revelations and Brotherhood as true spinoffs and exclude any extra info not in AC 1 and AC 2 from appearing in any shape or form in AC 3? Will events flow from AC 2 to AC 3 just as smoothly as they did from AC 1 to AC 2? Do you think any piece of info from Revelations or Brotherhood is significant enough to warrant addressing in AC 3?

For those that think an event from Revelations or Brotherhood does require some mention is AC 3, are their stories good enough to be worth playing through the entire game(s)? Please note that I’ve seen a part of a cut scene from one of them (though I don’t know which one) and I’m not very fond of it. I particularly don’t like how subject 16 is demystified or that the conception of Ezio’s child as he/she relates to Desmond won’t be in AC 3 since it’s apparently been covered in the spinoffs. Knowing that, do you think my view of the main stories will be further tarnished (however little) by playing them?
Answer to your every question.. No.

Every Question:)

Calvarok
08-21-2012, 05:09 AM
IMO: Brotherhood at least is crucial to understanding the history of the assassins and abstergo (so much stuff in the glyphs) and where Desmond is in the present storyline. Revelations is basically colour with a few interesting things and fanservice. S16 is demystified nicely, expecially if you play AC:R's DLC.

BeCk41
08-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Yes Soulid you should definately give Brotherhood and Revelations a good try-out. The only thing on your list I don't remember are boat races, its been a while since I played AC2 so I can't even recall if those were in the game. xD