PDA

View Full Version : Is there a guide to coat colors and markings?

FaerieLantern
08-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi - I'm very new to Horse Haven (only two days) and have yet to breed my own foal or even purchase a horse beyond the starter one. I can see the breed mastery guide stickied up top, but it doesn't show every screen so I still have questions.

First, I've been looking at the splicer options which one can buy for saddle dollars in the shop, and I'm just wondering if anyone has compiled an image library of what these colors and patterns actually look like. (I mean, I'm familiar with what they look like in the real world, but I'd love to see how they look on a Horse Haven pony before I buy anything.) It would be awesome to see all the different markings and shadings available!

Also, I would imagine that our starter horse had a very limited number of options; what is the unlocking process for new markings and colors? Are they breed-specific? Does the foal have a chance to inherit markings and colors from the parents, as in Pony Island? Are the gene splicer options which cost saddle dollars the only way to get those particular attributes?

Would love any info or images that could be provided! :)

- Brock

FaerieLantern
08-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Whoops, so today I discovered the breed mastery pages in the achievements section. :p I guess that answers my questions!