PDA

View Full Version : some observations on AI..

JohnnyRook
03-30-2004, 03:37 AM
This weekend I took the Ki84 to fight some USA-planes offline in QMB. First two P38 aces, shot them down with no problem. Then 2 P51, no problem either, then 2 P39.. now thats were I really had to start working, had a lot of troubles downing these P39's.
This surprised me.. It's almost as if the AI has to get used to the new planes first.. as if the P39's tactics are more developed, and the AI is not shure how to fligh the P51 and P38

or is it the B&Z vs T&B-thing again..

any thoughts on this?

Johnny Rook

JohnnyRook
03-30-2004, 03:37 AM
This weekend I took the Ki84 to fight some USA-planes offline in QMB. First two P38 aces, shot them down with no problem. Then 2 P51, no problem either, then 2 P39.. now thats were I really had to start working, had a lot of troubles downing these P39's.
This surprised me.. It's almost as if the AI has to get used to the new planes first.. as if the P39's tactics are more developed, and the AI is not shure how to fligh the P51 and P38

or is it the B&Z vs T&B-thing again..

any thoughts on this?

Johnny Rook

MadMacgunner
03-30-2004, 04:16 AM
Yes,i realiced this too,but i don‚¬īt think this happen cause tactics are more developed for these planes,but cause p39 are more maneuverables than other planes and the tactics used by AI are based in maneuverability, not in speed.
Notice that one of the planes more difficult to shoot down when fighting against an ace is the I-153,a biplane

"Vista,Suerte y al toro."

Garc√¬*a Morato,spanish civil war pilot.

SeaFireLIV
03-30-2004, 04:23 AM
Well, I never fight on QMB, I only fly QMB to try out planes I`m not likely to fly or can`t fly in campaign. But the AI does make use of SPEED. Try the I16 against against the 109-F, now in Campaign if you get on his six one of his manoeuvers wil simply be to fly away knowing he`s faster than you. But it could vary.... Happens in Campaign, dunno what results you`ll get in QMB. I find QMB is not a good place to test AI activity in, but try anyway....

(Oh, and AI does use it`s abilities much better now).