PDA

View Full Version : Mission Length/ PS3 Exclusive missions

lukaszep
08-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Ubisoft have already stated that all PS3 editions of AC3 will receive 4 exclusive missions. So I was on amazon earlier and noticed an updated boxart for the PS3 edition...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-h3ue-3eL._AA300_.jpg

The notice on the box says "Includes 60 minutes of exclusive Gameplay"

So, what do you this says about mission length? Are all missions around 15 minutes each, or is this just for the exclusive missions?
The E3 game play we've seen (Boston Demo, Frontier Demo) we know the Boston demo shows a side mission, but what about the Frontier demo? Alex Hutchinson has said that they haven't shown any game play of a main assassination target yet. Discuss :)

lothario-da-be
08-05-2012, 12:00 PM
An houer is pretty long, the copernicus missions together were maybe 25 minutes together. But yeah the e3 demo of revelations was also somewhere halfway the game...
Do you get these missions with the freedom edition?

MT4K
08-05-2012, 12:10 PM
An houer is pretty long, the copernicus missions together were maybe 25 minutes together. But yeah the e3 demo of revelations was also somewhere halfway the game...
Do you get these missions with the freedom edition?

I imagine they will be part of every edition on the ps3 since they are ps3 exclusive rather than edition exclusive.

TheHumanTowel
08-05-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm really sick of how much exclusives there are with this game. I understand the reasoning behind this, Sony is probably paying them more money and exclusives is how you win a console war, but this compounded with the countless exclusives already in the many many different editions has left a bad taste in my mouth.

De Filosoof
08-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Yeah this whole exclusive stuff is getting way outta hand.

MT4K
08-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Well these 4 exclusive ps3 missions have been known about for a while now. Let's not turn the thread into complaining about the different exclusives and editions :P.

thekarlone
08-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I believe this is not a new edition. These extra missions are included in ALL PS3 editions (already announced): the normal, special, Join or Die and Freedom., etc. I mean, every PS3 copy of the game will include this exclusive content.

Edit: Oh, I just realized it is called "PS3 Exclusive Edition". I said nothing.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Nice, 60 minutes of bonus missions for PS3 :cool:

Bigger picture:
http://thehut.pantherssl.com/productimg/0/600/600/23/10593323-1343807945-704328.png

De Filosoof
08-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Well these 4 exclusive ps3 missions have been known about for a while now. Let's not turn the thread into complaining about the different exclusives and editions :P.

So what does that change?

It's still stupid marketing crap.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-05-2012, 04:03 PM
So what does that change?

It's still stupid marketing crap.Just as stupid when DLC for Skyrim comes out a month earlier on X360 than on PS3. All this retail/platform exclusive crap needs to die, but the problem is that people only care & complain when their console gets to be the unlucky one with a particular game/DLC

playassassins1
08-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Just as stupid when DLC for Skyrim comes out a month earlier on X360 than on PS3. All this retail/platform exclusive crap needs to die, but the problem is that people only care & complain when their console gets to be the unlucky one with a particular game/DLC

Well, they have an excuse for PS3. The ps3 patch isn't done yet, because it's still full of bugs and stuff. I'd rather wait and get a full game with almost no bugs, rather than having it released early with a lot of errors.

Assassin_M
08-05-2012, 04:13 PM
The only real solution to this Problem is this..

360 users get out of here..:p

I mean why are 360 users coming to this thread ? You`ll just rage..

I feel bad for you guys, honest, but 360 does get a lot of exclusives elsewhere, you`re just unlucky that AC is one that gives exclusives to PS3.

I do agree, though that it is crap.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-05-2012, 04:17 PM
I feel bad for you guys, honest, but 360 does get a lot of exclusives elsewhere, you`re just unlucky that AC is one that gives exclusives to PS3.True. Microsoft is more aggressive with exclusive/timed DLCs. But with AC3, Sony will obviously make a big push. There's still the announcement of AC3 PS3 Super Slim bundle coming

De Filosoof
08-05-2012, 04:36 PM
It's not about the consoles. It's just that i hate these kind of marketing strategies, for whatever platform.

Serrachio
08-05-2012, 05:53 PM
It's not about the consoles. It's just that i hate these kind of marketing strategies, for whatever platform.

Even so, if they didn't exist, there'd be less news to report. :|

Gil_217
08-05-2012, 06:01 PM
This 4 exclusive missions will be present in every PS3 copy, right?

Assassin_M
08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
This 4 exclusive missions will be present in every PS3 copy, right?
Yup..

Gil_217
08-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Yup..

Thanks.

Biomedical-Fire
08-05-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm really sick of how much exclusives there are with this game. I understand the reasoning behind this, Sony is probably paying them more money and exclusives is how you win a console war, but this compounded with the countless exclusives already in the many many different editions has left a bad taste in my mouth.That's why in other forums AC earned the nickname; "Assassin's Greed" because of all the exclusivity crap that Ubi likes to do. They are Europe's version of EA Games with all of their Sony exclusive missions and breaking up of DLC amongst the many versions of their games.

DarkSolitude-X
08-06-2012, 05:24 AM
Yeah this whole exclusive stuff is getting way outta hand.

Says a Xbox user... Microsoft buys up tons of exclusive stuff.

Moultonborough
08-06-2012, 05:40 AM

Agreed. It really should be fair for everyone. But really how often have you heard of things completely fair? Sadly not very often.

Even so, if they didn't exist, there'd be less news to report. :|

True. They would have to space out their info a lot more than what already happens. People might lose interest because of it.

pacmanate
08-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Even though I have both systems, I find it stupid still.

BATISTABUS
08-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Even with these exclusive missions, AC has still sold best on the Xbox 360.

im3jia
08-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Hutchinson confirms that this exclusive content will come in the form of four additional side missions. He states that these missions are “cool,” but are not critical to the overall story of the game.

http://www.examiner.com/article/assassin-s-creed-3-gets-details-on-closing-storylines-ps3-exclusives-and-more

AdrianJacek
08-25-2012, 06:40 PM
So... it's pretty much going to be Copernicus Conspiracy 2.0 with no stupid letter delivery missions. Just the sweet beggining and end only longer.

pacmanate
08-25-2012, 07:42 PM
The missions revolve around Benedict Arnold. So basically the Copernicus Conspiracy in 4 different parts.

ElderMark
08-27-2012, 11:09 AM
The DLC bragging rights each console get is way out of hand,im a huge AC fan,but im not gonna go out and buy a PS3 ,for the sake of a few extrra missions or skins.With each new game comes more crap...if its not about your system your using its where you pre-order your game, if you want this mission go here, if you want better gear ya better pre-order with them.Just make the **** games fair for everyone and let us all enjoy the stuff,,im sure most of us would buy it on marketplace $$.

Serrachio
08-27-2012, 12:09 PM
The DLC bragging rights each console get is way out of hand,im a huge AC fan,but im not gonna go out and buy a PS3 ,for the sake of a few extrra missions or skins.With each new game comes more crap...if its not about your system your using its where you pre-order your game, if you want this mission go here, if you want better gear ya better pre-order with them.Just make the **** games fair for everyone and let us all enjoy the stuff,,im sure most of us would buy it on marketplace $$.

Well, seeing as you don't really miss out on much, considering the exclusive material won't affect the story in any great way, it'd be better to just watch the missions on Youtube and not dwell on it.

Calvarok
08-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Bonus missions are generally fairly insubstantial. I watched the copernicus thing on youtube, and I didn't really care that I missed it. It was short and simple.

TheTetraktys
08-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Meh, edition exclusive, pre-order exclusive and console exclusive missions and other crap are all usually a waste of time anyway. Seriously who the **** cares about a couple of extra minutes. I'm all for everyone being treated equal though. But, as others have already pointed out no one really cares as long as they're not on the losing side. And that alone is the sole reason why this entire world is in the condition it is.

r4inm4n1991
08-27-2012, 05:22 PM
I have a PS3.

Chocoburger
08-27-2012, 07:25 PM
I own all the games on Xbox and I don't plan on changing that, which is why I reallllllllllly hate the lack of this bonus content. Oh well. :(

im3jia
08-27-2012, 09:00 PM
The missions revolve around Benedict Arnold. So basically the Copernicus Conspiracy in 4 different parts. How do you know they will revolve around Benedict Arnold?

kriegerdesgottes
08-27-2012, 09:15 PM
How do you know they will revolve around Benedict Arnold?

there was an interview released with Alex Hutchinson talking about the hour of exclusive footage being about Benedict Arnold. I don't feel like digging it up but I've seen it.

im3jia
08-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Ah, ok then, I missed that, thanks.

Black_Widow9
08-28-2012, 03:48 AM
Here you go. ;)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/709833-Interview-On-Benedict-Arnold-amp-60-min-Gameplay?highlight=benedict+arnold

SevketErhat
08-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Here you go. ;)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/709833-Interview-On-Benedict-Arnold-amp-60-min-Gameplay?highlight=benedict+arnold

Nice one