PDA

View Full Version : AC 3: Desmond Gameplay?

nutriton
08-05-2012, 04:24 AM
So i'm wondering if there's gonna be any Desmond game play since he's out out of his coma. Not to mention his father is there so maybe some sort of training program? It seems like they should have Desmond game play but it would be hard to do since the last scene Desmond was in was the middle of a field by a road... Any opinions or things I dont know about?

TheFrontLine
08-05-2012, 04:27 AM
There's going to be more Desmond gameplay than in previous games.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/03/assassins-creed-3-follows-desmond-more-than-ever/

I think we'll play as Desmond at the beginning of the game to explore around the area before heading back into the Animus. Then, maybe again near the end for some parkour level in the Grand Temple. Of course, there'll probably be some stuff in between Animus sessions.

LoyalACFan
08-05-2012, 04:29 AM
He's got to get to the Grand Temple, so I expect some free-running in there, and I also expect some action infiltrating Abstergo to stop the satellite launch/solar flare.

jd55513
08-05-2012, 04:30 AM
So i'm wondering if there's gonna be any Desmond game play since he's out out of his coma. Not to mention his father is there so maybe some sort of training program? It seems like they should have Desmond game play but it would be hard to do since the last scene Desmond was in was the middle of a field by a road... Any opinions or things I dont know about?

I'm pretty sure since this is the close of the Desmond story he will finally get the "Assassin" spotlight he deserves expect more modern gameplay(exploring the Temple/Vaults and remote parts of New York?) more Steath sequences since ...well your wanted dead by Vidic. expext more fighting sequences and expect Daniel Cross and a final battle.

nutriton
08-05-2012, 04:41 AM
These are all really great answers thanks guys. To the guy who responded with something about New York, to the best of my knowledge aren't they in Europe still?

Legendz54
08-05-2012, 04:43 AM
These are all really great answers thanks guys. To the guy who responded with something about New York, to the best of my knowledge aren't they in Europe still?

Actually at the end of ACR Desmond and the crew arrive to a cave in new york. Connor must have some involvement with the cave/temple since he is high with TWCB DNA, Desmond will have to figure out a way to open the grand temple by looking at Connors memories.

nutriton
08-05-2012, 04:48 AM
Ok. One more question though. In a mental list right now i have. Altair's POE. Ezio's POE, and Washingtons POE, apparently Abstergo has one as well so thats 4 POE. am i missing any relevant to the game series?

jd55513
08-05-2012, 04:50 AM
Ok. One more question though. In a mental list right now i have. Altair's POE. Ezio's POE, and Washingtons POE, apparently Abstergo has one as well so thats 4 POE. am i missing any relevant to the game series?

Dont worry about the other like 17'ish POE they are problably just markers for the Development Team to explore other possible settings later in the future OR they all have something to do with Absergo's Eye Project
Sorry if i'm wrong

stargate55555
08-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Well the whole series was based on the idea of the Animus so I would venture a guess and say that either Desmond or another character like him would be in AC3. I might even venture a guess further and say it is subject 15, the guy you met in Desmond's sequences in Revelations.

anik_lc
08-05-2012, 07:06 AM
There's going to be more Desmond gameplay than in previous games.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/03/assassins-creed-3-follows-desmond-more-than-ever/

I think we'll play as Desmond at the beginning of the game to explore around the area before heading back into the Animus. Then, maybe again near the end for some parkour level in the Grand Temple. Of course, there'll probably be some stuff in between Animus sessions.

I think we have to control him multiple times during the game. And obviously Vidic will come after Assassins. So Assassins might be fleeing from them quite few times and we get the opportunity to control Desmond often, mostly when each sequence of Connor has synced.

nightcobra
08-05-2012, 09:58 AM
i'm hoping for more desmond gameplay, especially hoping for a motorcycle section since desmond said in AC1 that riding a motorcycle was his guilty pleasure and it was the reason why abstergo caught him in the first place, after knowing that i've been waiting for desmond to ride one since :p

projectpat06
08-05-2012, 12:56 PM
I would imagine the with new frontier gameplay (scaling trees and rock faces), having Desmond (SPOILERS) at the end of Revelations end up outside some cave out in the middle of nowhere could indicate that Desmond will be doing the same. Makes sense with the bleeding affect that will carry over from Connor in the Animus and having to use the same gameplay mechanics they've coded for Connor. Besides, It would be cool to see Desmond having to scale rock walls and natural structures to get to this ancient temple. That also has me thinking that just maybe, the pre-order dlc with the lost mayan ruins could very well be Desmond in present day. Corey May did mention there will be much more Desmond gameplay this time around than before.

nutriton
08-06-2012, 02:25 AM
Well the whole series was based on the idea of the Animus so I would venture a guess and say that either Desmond or another character like him would be in AC3. I might even venture a guess further and say it is subject 15, the guy you met in Desmond's sequences in Revelations.
i dont think there gonna replace Desmond (yet). but some of the memories subject 15 went through would be cool to play through. Was that Desmond playing through the lost archives?

Dralight
08-06-2012, 11:18 AM
I would imagine the with new frontier gameplay (scaling trees and rock faces), having Desmond (SPOILERS) at the end of Revelations end up outside some cave out in the middle of nowhere could indicate that Desmond will be doing the same. Makes sense with the bleeding affect that will carry over from Connor in the Animus and having to use the same gameplay mechanics they've coded for Connor. Besides, It would be cool to see Desmond having to scale rock walls and natural structures to get to this ancient temple. That also has me thinking that just maybe, the pre-order dlc with the lost mayan ruins could very well be Desmond in present day. Corey May did mention there will be much more Desmond gameplay this time around than before.

I like that idea, maybe Desmond has to find a way to open the door to the Grand Temple (which I assume is the door shown at the end of Revelations) so that he and the rest of the team can enter the temple. The Lost Mayan ruins is confirmed to be a Connor mission though, the Freedom edition unboxing video shows a bit of footage from it.

nutriton
08-06-2012, 07:48 PM
I like that idea, maybe Desmond has to find a way to open the door to the Grand Temple (which I assume is the door shown at the end of Revelations) so that he and the rest of the team can enter the temple. The Lost Mayan ruins is confirmed to be a Connor mission though, the Freedom edition unboxing video shows a bit of footage from it.
It is true that the mayan temple is a desmond mission but what if Connor AND desmond go to the temple. Kinda like if it were near where they are Desmond goes to see if connor left something behind

maxerx180
08-06-2012, 10:54 PM
i dont think there gonna replace Desmond (yet). but some of the memories subject 15 went through would be cool to play through. Was that Desmond playing through the lost archives?

You know Subject 15 is(was) a pregnant woman.

Krayus Korianis
08-07-2012, 07:31 AM

Who was the subject? The woman or her child? That'd be a good question to have answered.

nutriton
08-07-2012, 07:32 AM

my mistake i meant sixteen. but you could answer the question. Was desmond playing through the lost archives

Aphex_Tim
08-07-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm really curious to how Desmond's gameplay will work, at least in the beginning of the game. I have a feeling we'll be playing some Desmond before Connor but Connor has a completely new move set and controls. So far Desmond got his skills from Alta´r and Ezio through the bleeding effect so it would be kinda weird if he'd immediately have Connor's moves as well.

projectpat06
08-07-2012, 07:52 AM
You're right, I feel like there will be some kind of set back for Desmond and the gang in reaching the temple so they will have to dive back into the animus one more time to acquire those skill. Also as I said before in a another thread, in theory, they may ultimately need something from the freemasons in order to defeat the templars.

nutriton
08-07-2012, 04:47 PM
You're right, I feel like there will be some kind of set back for Desmond and the gang in reaching the temple so they will have to dive back into the animus one more time to acquire those skill. Also as I said before in a another thread, in theory, they may ultimately need something from the freemasons in order to defeat the templars.
Did you say that because George Washington was a FreeMason? please attach a link to that thread. Also the basic plot for them going int the animmus is that they need a second apple of Eden to enter the temple so they want to use the G-Mans Apple