PDA

View Full Version : Game music spotlight: Jesper Kyd.

De Filosoof
08-04-2012, 05:34 PM
What a hero.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/08/03/game-music-spotlight-jesper-kyd.aspx

You’ve been associated with the Assassin’s Creed series over the years, why aren’t you doing the music for Assassin’s Creed III?
Well, the industry is constantly changing. Many of the big franchises have changed their composers and I think Ubisoft wanted to do the same. I’m proud of the music we created for the Assassin’s Creed series. This year I have been busy with Darksiders II, Borderlands 2 and the live action TV series Metal Hurlant Chronicles based on the Heavy Metal comics, as well as several other upcoming projects.

So he wasn't to busy with other projects after all. Ubisoft ditched him.
How could they ****ing ditch him!

SixKeys
08-04-2012, 05:50 PM
I read this yesterday. I was saddened by his answer about AC3. I was hoping the reason he wasn't returning was because he was too busy with other projects, but it sounds like it was Ubi's decision not to hire him again. :(

ACfan443
08-04-2012, 05:52 PM
"Many of the big franchises have changed their composers and I think Ubisoft wanted to do the same." So Ubisoft themselves didn't want him to do AC3, well it's their loss for getting rid of such an amazing composer.

De Filosoof
08-04-2012, 06:30 PM
For me this is pretty shocking news. I really hoped he was too busy with other projects.

billybUBI
08-04-2012, 06:31 PM
omg i hate ubisoft those meanies

rileypoole1234
08-04-2012, 06:51 PM
omg i hate ubisoft those meanies

Get out spammer.

Anyway, the music sounded awesome to me. The music from AC2 will always have a special place in my heart though. That's probably my favourite soundtrack for a video game ever.

billybUBI
08-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Get out spammer.

Anyway, the music sounded awesome to me. The music from AC2 will always have a special place in my heart though. That's probably my favourite soundtrack for a video game ever.
what r u tlking about im not spamming :'( this hurts my feelings a lot

NeroInfernoF7
08-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Jesper is amazing, but give Lorne a chance. He is a fantastic composer.

Slayer_WTF
08-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Jesper is amazing, but give Lorne a chance. He is a fantastic composer.

This. It 'a great composer. Other than Kyd, but still good.

De Filosoof
08-04-2012, 08:00 PM
This. It 'a great composer. Other than Kyd, but still good.

They should at least have worked together, like ACR.
They can't get rid of someone so important to the whole AC atmosphere.

Slayer_WTF
08-04-2012, 08:05 PM
They should at least have worked together, like ACR.
They can't get rid of someone so important to the whole AC atmosphere.

I was thinking that maybe there's something else behind, like marketing or anything like that. For now, what little was heard from the trailer convinced me. For AC3 I expect epic music given the context, like the music inside of large-scale battles have me get up from his chair and make me scream "Yeaaah!".

De Filosoof
08-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Your work is interesting in that you work with both electronic music as well as traditional choirs and orchestras…how do you find a balance between those two approaches?
It all comes down to what best fits the project. I really enjoying mixing these styles together and there is so much that can be explored there.

Doesn't this remind you guys of the whole AC storyline? It's the perfect fit, why get rid of it?

Slayer_WTF
08-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Genius.

True_Assassin92
08-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Please stop *****ing about Jesper. He was good, but we had to move on. Stop creating these threads because it won't change anything about AC3's music.

De Filosoof
08-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Please stop *****ing about Jesper. He was good, but we had to move on. Stop creating these threads because it won't change anything about AC3's music.

It's an interesting article and it has some new information in it, so shut up.