PDA

View Full Version : Currency and 'quick cash' (pickpockets/messengers) speculation.

AnthonyA85
08-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Ok, i've been wondering about this for the past couple of days while replaying AC2.

What kind of 'quick cash' could we get in AC3?

In AC2 we had pickpockets and Borgia Messengers, yielding 500-505 and 1500-1505 florins respectively

Brotherhood, pretty much the same, except the Borgia Messengers no longer yelled at you and still were not marked on the map (something that really annoys me, fortunately, they always spawn in the same places around the HQs)

Revelations, we had Stalkers and Tax Collectors, the former showing up every 25 minutes or so, usually giving about 1000-1300 akce, the Tax collectors while finally marked on the map, gave very little reward if you killed them outright before tackling them, and they almost never spawned (and stopped spawning all together after sequence 4)

So, does anyone have any theories on what (if any) sources of 'quick cash' we might have in Ac3? Also, any ideas on what type of currency we'll be using?

TheFrontLine
08-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Selling meat/fish, or whatever else we retrieve from hunting animals.

AnthonyA85
08-04-2012, 05:26 PM
i know about the hunting, which is why i never mentioned it, i meant in regards to people we have to chase down and tackle (or kill)

TheFrontLine
08-04-2012, 05:32 PM
In that case, it'll pretty much be the same as the other games, as you listed in the OP. Probably a British 'hitman' going after you. And for the currency, (I just did a Google search 'cause I am oblivious to UK currency) shillings?

itsamea-mario
08-04-2012, 05:37 PM
We mug old ladies for money, obviously..

SixKeys
08-04-2012, 05:45 PM
I never liked the pick-pocketing from AC2 onwards, it doesn't feel right for an assassin who's supposed to be fighting for the people (and especially a rich guy like Ezio). IMO pick-pocketing should have one purpose only, to gather important documents from targets like in AC1 or to plant incriminating evidence/falsified letters on targets like in some ACB missions. The economy system in the past games was fundamentally flawed anwyay, so pick-pocketing for quick cash was entirely unnecessary.

I hope the economy system in AC3 will be completely different from the previous games and that Connor has better ways to make quick cash than rob innocent civilians.

dxsxhxcx
08-04-2012, 06:07 PM
I never liked the pick-pocketing from AC2 onwards, it doesn't feel right for an assassin who's supposed to be fighting for the people (and especially a rich guy like Ezio). IMO pick-pocketing should have one purpose only, to gather important documents from targets like in AC1 or to plant incriminating evidence/falsified letters on targets like in some ACB missions. The economy system in the past games was fundamentally flawed anwyay, so pick-pocketing for quick cash was entirely unnecessary.

I hope the economy system in AC3 will be completely different from the previous games and that Connor has better ways to make quick cash than rob innocent civilians.

to be frank while I wasn't in a mission that required me to do that I barely used this feature, but if they bring it back it should work like in AC1, just press space button (on PC, I don't know which button you press on consoles) to pickpocket someone is way too easy, it should require a little skill to do that, specially if we are on a mission...

LoyalACFan
08-04-2012, 07:18 PM

This. I hated pick-pocketing civilians. It felt disconnected from Ezio's "help the people" motive, and it was particularly stupid once you got a bank vault that generated like 80,000 florins an hour.

True_Assassin92
08-04-2012, 09:06 PM
The best way of getting quick cash in ACB was gambling at the thieves hideout. You could easily get 300,000+ florins in half an hour =)

EDIT: If you're lucky tho :p

De Filosoof
08-04-2012, 09:13 PM

THIS!!^ And the most annoying thing was that the pickpocket button was the same button as the fast walk function. It's annoying and it really puts you out of the immersion.

itsamea-mario
08-04-2012, 09:44 PM
I just didn't like the pickpocket mechanic, just walking a long holding one button whilst Ezio seems to generate a few extra arms and just instantly stealing from everyone he bumps into.

De Filosoof
08-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I just didn't like the pickpocket mechanic, just walking a long holding one button whilst Ezio seems to generate a few extra arms and just instantly stealing from everyone he bumps into.
Yeah, i really liked the AC1 mechanic. I hope something similar to that will be in AC3.

AnthonyA85
08-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Err....when i said 'pickpockets' i didn't mean the fast-walk gimmic we use to rob people, i mean the guys we chase down and killed for robbing US, and what possible comparative we will encounter in AC3, same for the templar messengers/curriours.

As for the 'gimmic', i don't think we'll see that again.

As to the the money in the game, a (very quick) bit of research suggested that there wasn't really any proper coinage back then, but i dunno, i know dollars didn't exist until after the war. The problem with the british system back then is, there were alot more different grades of currency, it wasn't just pounds and pence, there were about 3 or four different types.

SixKeys
08-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Err....when i said 'pickpockets' i didn't mean the fast-walk gimmic we use to rob people, i mean the guys we chase down and killed for robbing US, and what possible comparative we will encounter in AC3, same for the templar messengers/curriours.

I'm all for random side missions, but the pick-pockets were always pretty annoying. Especially when you were in the middle of a mission and you see that little red lock icon getting closer on the mini-map. It was easy enough to scare them away, but I'd rather not worry about them at all. The Borgia Messengers were okay since you could pretty much just ignore them entirely.