PDA

View Full Version : ACB:Multiplayer Game Unreachable...WITH THE PERSON UPSTAIRS OF ME!

ZorisX
08-04-2012, 04:35 AM
So I understand that if two alike IP's are trying to connect to each other that nothing will happen. I checked the network config and we are designated separate IP addresses. I can join my friend in ANY other game than this.

I have opened my steam ports for both of us with separate profiles and configurations for the both of us

I have opened my UBISOFT ports likewise the same settings with both TDP and UDP.

I'm not sure what else you want me to do, honestly.

obliviondoll
08-05-2012, 04:02 AM
How did you check your network settings? Your two systems will have different IP addresses on your LAN, which is the only thing you can reliably check through network settings, but you'll often still be connecting to the same IP address for the internet. You need to go to an IP checker page on both computers and see if you get the same result - if you're running through a single router, you're almost certainly both on the same IP address. And yes, a lot of games have more intelligent netcode than Assassin's Creed. We already know Ubisoft's ACMP team don't know what they're doing with online play. Proven in March last year when they ruined ACB, and ever since when they refuse to fix it OR make ACR even as good as post-patch ACB was.

pioneerprogres
08-06-2012, 12:45 PM
My wife and I had some troubles getting into the same game until I assigned our xboxes static IP's and gave them more lax security settings. I don't recall what exactly, I might have even placed them in DMZ.