PDA

View Full Version : Desmond

pablo2977
08-03-2012, 12:53 PM
I was wondering if I am the only person who doesn't hate Desmond.I think he is quite good and will be sad to see him go

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 12:54 PM
You stumbled into the Desmond horde.
Everybody here down right loves him, it seems .___.
I dont hate him, personally, I just like the ancestors more, tho.

Aphex_Tim
08-03-2012, 12:58 PM
The only thing i don't like about Desmond is how he always seems to have no idea what's going on.
I like his story and gameplay though and i'm looking forward to see how his story will be wrapped up in AC3.

Slayer_WTF
08-03-2012, 01:07 PM
The only thing i don't like about Desmond is how he always seems to have no idea what's going on.

This feeling to me is gone by the end of AC2. By ACB on, seems to be more confident, especially in Revelations.

itsamea-mario
08-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Desmonds story is often one of the things i'm most looking forward to with an upcoming release.

Revelations was a bit of a let down tbh.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Me, personally, Desmond story is more an after thought, IMO.
I guess they just did not involve him enough for me to care.

TheHumanTowel
08-03-2012, 01:44 PM
I like Desmond but he's always suffered from not getting enough time devoted to him. I think AC1 and ACB did a decent job of fleshing out a bit of his character with regular breaks from the animus and conversations but he's never really been a part of the action. ACB's ending was a step in the right direction to get him involved in some important events but then we got ACR where his story took a complete backseat to Ezio's. Seeing as AC3 is his last game he's obviously going to be involved in major events and I hope they devote more time to him so more people care about his character.

Assassin_M
08-03-2012, 02:59 PM
You`re not alone. I liked Desmond since discovering that I can actually have convos with Lucy. He seemed.... human after each dialogue. not like generic Protagonists; He was scared, angry and foul, but near the end he calmed down.

AC II, however; was the worst in terms of Desmond development in my opinion, I mean yeah we saw him fight, free run and kill, but we saw him a couple times.... A COUPLE OF TIMES ??

The best for me in terms of Desmond development was ACR. The Desmond Missions made me engage with desmond so much more, it also helped me sympathize with his situation.

So yeah I really like Desmond..

ProletariatPleb
08-03-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm not a very big fan of Desmond, and I would have no problems if it was just the historical part included, altho I don't mind him either, it's just...looking for stuff like capes around Monteriggioni isn't very...likeable.

SixKeys
08-03-2012, 03:51 PM
I like Desmond too. I don't get why so many people don't, but to each their own.

LoyalACFan
08-03-2012, 10:23 PM
I like Desmond as a character, but so far, I've hated playing as him. I mean, who wants to take a break from playing as a violent badass marauding through Renaissance Italy to play as a guy in a hoodie running around a warehouse? Not me. But hopefully they'll make Desmond's bits more enjoyable in AC3.

WolfTemplar94
08-04-2012, 03:38 AM
I like freerunning with Desmond more to be honest. For some reason he seems to be more responsive, faster. I also really enjoyed the little conversations outside the animus in Brotherhood.

Kit572
08-04-2012, 04:08 AM
I don't dislike Desmond. Sure frequently dropping the F-bomb frequently makes him look stupid but there is nothing I dislike about the character.

jd55513
08-04-2012, 04:18 AM
When Desmond puts up his hood and kills Daniel Cross or actually follows who he is then i will admire him as a good character but his heritage before him has grossly outweighed the character's potential now that SPOILERS.................DONT READ BELOW(just hightlight the text if so)

Lucy is dead and found to be a templar mole hopefully the character progresses to his killar persona like these before him.

SixKeys
08-04-2012, 05:10 AM
I don't dislike Desmond. Sure frequently dropping the F-bomb frequently makes him look stupid but there is nothing I dislike about the character.

Frequently? I think he's only said it maybe three or four times in total in all the games. Ezio swore way more often.

Lonesoldier2012
08-04-2012, 05:54 AM
I like Desmond. can't wait to play as him more in Ac3.

LoyalACFan
08-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Frequently? I think he's only said it maybe three or four times in total in all the games. Ezio swore way more often.

Yeah, but Desmond curses at random pointless stuff. Like the interior decor of Abstergo. Which kind of makes him sound like a doofus at times.

raytrek79
08-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Awww, they are booting Desmond from AC in 3? News to me. But as far as who would replace him, how about someone from a long line of Templars who defects? Then we could access the other side of history.
But Desmonds fine by me, I was expecting him to build his skills so he was in a possition to take on Templars in his time, so all he has learned from Altaire, Ezio and Connor seems a bit irrelevant now. (I mean as far as skills, not intel)

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-04-2012, 03:08 PM
A future AC should never happen, so let us just hope we put those skills to good use in ACIII.
Templar Creed?
Maybe.

raytrek79
08-04-2012, 03:30 PM
A future AC should never happen, so let us just hope we put those skills to good use in ACIII.
Templar Creed?
Maybe.
I would love for them never to go the way of modern or futuristic combat, because it would mean they have to prepare us players for it and so any subsequent games would be limited to more and more modern times. That would diminish the original style of the game from attacks in exposed possitions to constant stealth to avoid being shot by machine guns and would limit close quarter combat too much. How can you take on a group of guards hand to hand without one of them just machine gunning you while you attack one of the others? So, yeah I don't really like that prospect either. Maybe they could solve a lot of that by "assasin labrynth gymnastics puzzle solving" rather than taking on the swarms of machine gun weilding thugs? (eg: planting bombs in catacombs underneath Templar HQ) (also the could incorporate smoke screen eagle eye attacks on guards)

xXMrGR1NCHXx
08-04-2012, 03:33 PM
I like the ancestors more than I like Desmond, I feel their the primary of the games rather than Desmond.

Layytez
08-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Everything we do with his ancestors comes back to Desmond so yes I enjoy his role in AC.

billybUBI
08-04-2012, 05:48 PM
i bet desmond is real too just like his ancestors altair ezio and connor :):):):):):) i wonder if this means lucy is real too !!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Jack_Decepter
08-04-2012, 05:49 PM
HI BILLY! I WOVE U!!

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/naikkiz/Dancing_Troll.gif

Lonesoldier2012
08-04-2012, 05:49 PM
i bet desmond is real too just like his ancestors altair ezio and connor :):):):):):) i wonder if this means lucy is real too !!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

She's dead.

TheFrontLine
08-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Why are you spoiling things when replying to trolls?

Lonesoldier2012
08-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Why are you spoiling things when replying to trolls?

The game is 2 years old -_- And ACR spoiled it anyway.

De Filosoof
08-04-2012, 05:59 PM
I love the modern-day story but yeah, Desmond is/was a pretty naive guy.
But i think the contrast will be very satisfying when he awakens his 6th sense.

TheFrontLine
08-04-2012, 06:03 PM
The game is 2 years old -_- And ACR spoiled it anyway.

So, everyone played ACB two years ago, as well as Revelations? This is a forum for EVERYBODY, even people who haven't played ACB.

Lonesoldier2012
08-04-2012, 06:04 PM
So, everyone played ACB two years ago, as well as Revelations? This is a forum for EVERYBODY, even people who haven't played ACB.

Yeah okay that's great. Most people here have though.

TheFrontLine
08-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Yeah okay that's great. Most people here have though.

Wow, your stubborness...
Go ahead, spoil everything about Assassin's Creed, on a topic about Desmond. You don't think people who have not played ACB and onwards will go onto this thread expecting arguments/conversations about Desmond only to find out a spoiler that has nothing to do with Desmond?

Lonesoldier2012
08-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Wow, your stubborness...
Go ahead, spoil everything about Assassin's Creed, on a topic about Desmond. You don't think people who have not played ACB and onwards will go onto this thread expecting arguments/conversations about Desmond only to find out a spoiler that has nothing to do with Desmond?

Why would they go into a thread about Desmond if they haven't played all the games?

billybUBI
08-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Desmond dies in AC3. i cryed....
omg i m so sad right now desmond was the reason for assassins creed 1 assassins creed 2 assassins creed brotherhood and assassins creed revelations and assassins creed 3 why would desmond die omg i have tears coming from my eyes right now this is horrible :(:(:(

MT4K
08-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Why would they go into a thread about Desmind if they haven't played all the games?

Maybe they want to try and keep up with discussion for the upcoming AC3 game. You do realise lots of newcomers to the series are going to be joining the community because of AC3 right? having someone just flat out say stuff that is considered a big spoiler in the series without any warning is immature, childish, and unfair to the new people who may yet still play through the rest of the games.

They may come into a thread discussing Desmond because they want to see whats people are talking about. If you put a spoiler warning about a big plot element such as that. They can see that and decide to back out of the thread before reading any further.

With AC3 getting closer to release now. I would like to hope people talking about the series story and key moments in it to start using spoiler warnings again. new people are joining. It is only fair to respect that they might not want to know all the big OMG moments of the series and decide to play it themselves sometime.

billybUBI
08-04-2012, 06:33 PM
that is so inappropriate !!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg im scarred forever thanks a lot you big jerk !

Cater888
08-04-2012, 07:54 PM
I always enjoyed Desmonds story in this series:) Really hope we get to fight with him more, and see how much he has improved.

Kit572
08-05-2012, 04:34 AM
Yeah, but Desmond curses at random pointless stuff. Like the interior decor of Abstergo. Which kind of makes him sound like a doofus at times.
This.

nutriton
08-05-2012, 04:43 AM
i dont like his abnormal facial hair growth from ACB to ACR. that was literally two - three weeks. WTF

itsamea-mario
08-05-2012, 02:39 PM
This.

They're just words...

Kit572
08-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Huh? I'm just supporting that comment saying its what I meant...

Aphex_Tim
08-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Wow, your stubborness...

It has everything to do with Desmond. And in a thread discussing Desmond in AC3, it's pretty obvious to expect spoilers from previous games.
There's no point in discussing Desmond if we can't talk about him in previous games.

Calvarok
08-07-2012, 08:14 AM
I love Desmond dearly. I don't know how most reviewers and fans say things like "Obviously, the Desmond storyline has never had much depth or importance" because I've always been able to follow the story of in-animus stuff very easily, then sat up and paid attention when modern stuff came up, because it's told in a very different way. Because there's so little time that it's in the spotlight, pretty much everything in it is meaningful, which is not the case for most of the in-animus story we've seen so far.

I love it.

projectpat06
08-07-2012, 08:54 AM
omg i m so sad right now desmond was the reason for assassins creed 1 assassins creed 2 assassins creed brotherhood and assassins creed revelations and assassins creed 3 why would desmond die omg i have tears coming from my eyes right now this is horrible :(:(:(

Desmond could ultimately sacrifice himself to save the world hence the reason why he won't appear in later games.
"A small sacrifice to save many. It is necessary" -Altair

xcamthemandudex
08-08-2012, 02:18 AM
I think we will grow to love Desmond when all of this is said and done.