PDA

View Full Version : Assassinate on the run and shoot ?

Acrimonious_Nin
08-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Can we shoot on the run as well ?

connor_bg
08-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Buy a gun go at the city plaza and find out.

FirestarLuva
08-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Buy a gun go at the city plaza and find out.

That's kind of rude, y'know.
Acrimonious_Nin, I'm not sure but so far we've seen musket, hidden blade and tomahawk run assassination, so why not pistol? It seems possible. :)

rileypoole1234
08-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Based on previous games I would say no, but since everything is new I would like to think we will be able to. It should be way less accurate than standing still and shooting. They should make it so you only want to shoot while running if you definitely have to.

naran6142
08-02-2012, 01:37 AM
u can do a lot of other things while running now so i dont see why not

BBALive
08-02-2012, 01:40 AM
That's kind of rude, y'know.
Acrimonious_Nin, I'm not sure but so far we've seen musket, hidden blade and tomahawk run assassination, so why not pistol?)

The musket, hidden blade and tomahawk are weapons, the flintlock pistol is a tool. That's why.

That doesn't stop us being able to shoot while sprinting, we just won't be able to 'assassinate'.

Acrimonious_Nin
08-02-2012, 01:48 AM
The musket, hidden blade and tomahawk are weapons, the flintlock pistol is a tool. That's why.

That doesn't stop us being able to shoot while sprinting, we just won't be able to 'assassinate'.

the musket is a weapon, but the pistol is a tool ? I don't think that makes much sense...>_> I know the musket can be used as a spear....but ....in the end of the frontier gameplay when Connor is running after silas and is assassinating while on the run, that close range could not be that bad to just use the pistols. I really hope they allow us to run and shoot :D

LoyalACFan
08-02-2012, 03:36 AM
They're REALLY pushing the idea that Connor is constantly moving, so it's definitely likely. Imagine charging at a line of soldiers with bayonets, whipping out your pistols, shooting two guys and continuing through without breaking stride... :cool:

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 04:00 AM
Why not? Because guns have kickback, expecially old guns, and theose old guns were so innacurate that running while using them would make it impossible to reliably hit anything. At that time, if you used a gun of any type, you took the shot standing still, otherwise you might as well be doing it with a blindfold.

For shooting at range while moving, it seems as though we'll be relying on the bow, since those were accurate enough to be used while riding a horse.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 04:01 AM
It's impossible. Not only do the flintlocks have only 2 shoots, but how will he use them? it would only interrupt the pace, and when you run out of ammo, what do you do? smack him with it?

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 04:15 AM
It's impossible. Not only do the flintlocks have only 2 shoots, but how will he use them? it would only interrupt the pace, and when you run out of ammo, what do you do? smack him with it?

The situation you described is not impossible. Flintlocks are for close-range, so if it's utilized when you're near an enemy, it's fine. When you run out of ammo... it stops working until you switch weapons, not that hard to figure out.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 04:23 AM
But they had a big kickback, meaning they were shot standing still.

LoyalACFan
08-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Why not? Because guns have kickback, expecially old guns, and theose old guns were so innacurate that running while using them would make it impossible to reliably hit anything. At that time, if you used a gun of any type, you took the shot standing still, otherwise you might as well be doing it with a blindfold.

Everything in this post is true. However, we're talking about a game where you can throw a dart into a man and hoist him into a tree with it. I think they're going on the philosophy that if it looks badass, it's possible :P

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 08:00 AM
If that is the case, why are the muskets missing shots? why are they not shooting at close range?
You cant leave out things, yet keep other things :nonchalance:

LoyalACFan
08-02-2012, 08:18 AM
If that is the case, why are the muskets missing shots? why are they not shooting at close range?
You cant leave out things, yet keep other things :nonchalance:

I don't get what you're saying...? You mean why aren't the guards shooting at close range? What does that have to do with running and shooting?

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Your saying that it how historically accurate those guns are does not matter because it would be badass, yet their reason why the enemies dont just shoot you to death is ''historical accuracy''

LoyalACFan
08-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Your saying that it how historically accurate those guns are does not matter because it would be badass, yet their reason why the enemies dont just shoot you to death is ''historical accuracy''

OK...? I don't understand why this is even a factor...? Since when have the protagonist's abilities compared to those of the enemies? Ezio could use a wheellock pistol with a six-inch barrel to hit enemies dozens of meters away and reload in two seconds, whereas the arquebusiers didn't even take a shot until they were right up in your face and they still missed half the time. There's no reason to assume Connor's shooting will suck as bad as the enemies' shooting, no matter how unrealistic it is. Besides, I think you're overestimating how crappy the guns were back then. I don't think anybody in this thread is suggesting you should be able to shoot long-range while running, but rather fire your guns at enemies that are close in front of you blocking your way. If you take a shot at a guy ten feet in front of you, even with a flintlock pistol, you're gonna hit him. Maybe not at a sprint, but hey, you can't survive a jump off a bell tower into a hay bale, either. Bottom line- it's a game.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Still, it seems like a cheap excuse, specially when AC goes around boasting historical accuracy.
And trust me, they were pretty bad. That is why it is working with AC, because the guns were not really the best back then, meaning melee was still important.
And the kickback is the problem. It would just look odd if you know how those guns operated.

BBALive
08-02-2012, 12:52 PM

For shooting at range while moving, it seems as though we'll be relying on the bow, since those were accurate enough to be used while riding a horse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhw8YGRojlg

Range and accuracy while moving and shooting would be lessened, but it wouldn't be impossible to hit a target. Simple solution is to limit the range in-game, so that the gun will only fire when you're within a certain range.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Now...here is the part you missed: He is not shooting while running.
And they are obviously accurate at that range, but if, as he said, go onto longer range, useless.
Do keep in mind, he even said that that Flintlock is sort of a exception, as it is more accurate than the rest.

BBALive
08-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Now...here is the part you missed: He is not shooting while running.
Except I didn't forget about that, and I addressed it in my post.

Acrimonious_Nin
08-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Yeah MHD.....you really are taking that batman image Too far lol :D ok we get it, in your world of jokes ;p ...connor, the guy who Runs and kills with everything, can't run and shoot, but to Others who have this thing caLLed an imagination believe that it MAY BE POSSIBLE that in some way we might be able to run and shoot. :D Besides that guy was standing a good 30 ft from the target....that was not that bad of an accuracy for that distance. When connor is running after silas and he assassinates the guards on the run along the way. I would give that a good 10 ft - 15 ft max. So I think it is very possible...

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 09:05 PM
But while he is running, might aswell shoot the air. Plus, wont it look sort of silly?
I dont know why, in my head it does.
And I believe it's a tool, not a weapon.
Accuracy would be lessened, and it would be VERY odd that he can hit every single time.

LoyalACFan
08-02-2012, 09:11 PM
But while he is running, might aswell shoot the air. Plus, wont it look sort of silly?
I dont know why, in my head it does.
And I believe it's a tool, not a weapon.
Accuracy would be lessened, and it would be VERY odd that he can hit every single time.

All they would have to do is lessen the range of the auto-target. You know that white border that appears around your target? Don't make that show up until you're within 10 feet of them while sprinting.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Even then there would be a chance too mis :nonchalance:
The only way it wont miss if they are literally infront of you.

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Even then there would be a chance too mis :nonchalance:
The only way it wont miss if they are literally infront of you.

You would think a small firearm attached to the underside of your forearm would be inaccurate at that range, too.
Even if there is a chance to miss, it is very minute. A gun fires fast, obviously, so firing it at a target which is pretty close will almost guarantee a hit.

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 09:21 PM
And remember what I said about the bow being the more mobile weapon? The guns are there for situations where you've been discovered, and are likely at close range already. (Or blowing up explosive barrels.)

I really don't think it would be worth it. any forward motion would have to be slow, and it would reduce accuracy incredibly anyways. One note: I'm glad that that video shows that flintlocks were accurate enough for the kind of thing Conner's doing with them.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 09:21 PM
The hidden gun is not even real. That does not really count, considering Altair was inspired and taught by advanced technology to make it.
EDIT: In that video, the guy says that Flintlock is an exception. Meaning not all of them are that accurate...

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 09:22 PM
You would think a small firearm attached to the underside of your forearm would be inaccurate at that range, too.

Not really, the way he holds it and the fact that it's created using a TWCB artifact means it was probably as accurate as a flintlock. AND HE DOESN'T USE IT WHILE RUNNING.

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Not really, the way he holds it and the fact that it's created using a TWCB artifact means it was probably as accurate as a flintlock. AND HE DOESN'T USE IT WHILE RUNNING.

Unless the arm holding the gun is stationary, you're going to be able to aim whilst moving and shoot the close-range target.

naran6142
08-02-2012, 09:44 PM
I dont get the big deal with shooting a gun and running. plenty of things in these games have been some what unrealistic, shooting a guy while running isnt that hard to believe.

an above post said, reduce to range to the lock so youll have to be closer to get a kill. that be fine with me...

plus i think it would be very cool to be running after a target and take 2 guys out with the pistols while running, it just be another option for the player

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 09:47 PM
It just wont make sense. At really any range that is not right infront of them. It will just feel strange when you know about the guns.
Plus, would it not actually look weird? the animations.

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 09:57 PM
It just wont make sense. At really any range that is not right infront of them. It will just feel strange when you know about the guns.
Plus, would it not actually look weird? the animations.

If I'm not mistaken, the human body can tilt. Try running, then tilt only your upper body to the left/right whilst extending your left/right arm to the side you're facing. The animation wouldn't look much 'weird(er)' than your free arm and legs moving as if one were running whilst the head/rest of the upper body and extended arm are stationary.

I'm not expecting to be able to shoot whilst running (Although the E3 trailer implies it a bit), I'm just telling you how it is a possibility and why some of your reasoning on why it is impossible are a bit flawed.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:02 PM
It is possible, obviously. But try hitting anything. That flintlock itself is a ''special brand'' per say, more accurate than the rest. Having Connor never missing a shot would break the immersion more than be ''badass'

naran6142
08-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Does the rope dart not break immersion for you, i that is more unrealistic then shooting and running but i still think its cool

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 10:19 PM
I don't think I can continue my argument without using current weapons as examples. However, if I do use them, someone will say "But you're not running with them.".

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Go ahead.
The Ropedart, as crazy as this sound, it is kinda ''possible'' to do the following and hang a guy from a tree, tho it would require incredible strength and ability, considering the Assassin's are not the most realistic bunch, that makes it possible.
The problem is the game boasts historical accuracy, then you have somebody shooting flintlock pistols, duel wield, may I add and hitting every single time while running. :nonchalance:

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 10:28 PM
The throwing knives and crossbow bolts never missed; neither did the poison darts. Most of those weapons were one-hit shots, so I don't see how having another one-hit shot ranged weapon would ruin the immersion. Even if it is used while running, there isn't much more added "badass-ery" to the point where the player is "Okay, this is making me waaay too overpowered.". It is also only one shot at a time, unlike the dual pistols (or were they called muskets?).

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Muskets-the big guns.
Flintlock pistols-pistols (obviously)
Bayonet-sharp weapon at the end of the musket.
I never really used the crossbow, so it never really bothered me. Neither did I really use the throwing knives.
I doubt it will happen anyways, really.

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Muskets-the big guns.
Flintlock pistols-pistols (obviously)
Bayonet-sharp weapon at the end of the musket.
I never really used the crossbow, so it never really bothered me. Neither did I really use the throwing knives.
I doubt it will happen anyways, really.

The Flintlock Musket that is included with some pre-orders (the one from the video a page or 2 back) is not that big, considering it can be held and fired with only one hand while have an 'Okay' of recoil.

I thought it wasn't possible, but a look back at the E3 trailer makes me wary. Why would they show Connor using the bow+arrow while moving? If it's possibly possible for the bow+arrow to be used, why not the guns?

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 10:41 PM
That does not really look like a musket, more like a pistol upgrade. :nonchalance:
Or it may be a sawed off musket.
I think the reason why the guns wont be used is what we were talking about the entire last couple of pages.

LoyalACFan
08-02-2012, 11:06 PM
The Ropedart, as crazy as this sound, it is kinda ''possible'' to do the following and hang a guy from a tree, tho it would require incredible strength and ability, considering the Assassin's are not the most realistic bunch, that makes it possible.

NO. If you threw the rope dart into somebody, it wouldn't fuse into their body. Pulling on the rope even slightly would jerk the dart right back out. And even if by some miracle it did stay in, there's no way sticking another dart into the ground like a tent stake would support the guy's weight hanging from the branch. Running and shooting is FAR more realistic than the effing rope dart. But I'm not arguing that the rope dart shouldn't be in the game. You said it yourself in that post- Assassins aren't the most realistic bunch. Assuming that running and shooting won't be present for realism's sake is just irrational when the game is already loaded with other impossibilities.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Honestly the rope dart is just there because they wanted a Scorpion chain in.
And while it does seem impossible, I believe this may be a custom Ropedart or something, like the hidden gun. But what do I know.
At the very least, if you dont know much about the Dart, it seems more believable than the guns :nonchalance:

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 11:13 PM
They've said that they want conner to be a perfect marksman, to explain him never missing. but seriously, it stretches suspension of disbelief when you can hit people all the time while moving with the most innacurate and tempermental guns in the world ever.

Even in modern times, people who use pistols will stop moving if they want maximum accuracy, even at medium range.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Wait, he will never miss?!
What the hell? no matter if you are a bloody Sniper, you cant never miss with a musket or a flintlock. That is like saying if you shoot somebody with a RPG he will live.

TheFrontLine
08-02-2012, 11:17 PM
What the hell? no matter if you are a bloody Sniper, you cant never miss with a musket or a flintlock. That is like saying if you shoot somebody with a RPG he will live.

Why are you so surprised, lol? Throwing knives, crossbow bolts, etc. Those aren't all that accurate, especially the throwing knives, but they still all hit.

Calvarok
08-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Well, you can miss if you don't target or are too far away to target your dude. The flintlock pistols have a smaller range than the bow, to show that they're less accurate.

And the reasoning behind never missing is because animus.

Seriously, it's just the same as how you never slip on a puddle and break your neck, or a piece of the building your climbing doesn't fall away (unless it actually does in the mission you're in) because that didn't happen to Conner, or didn't happen often.

And as said, other AC's have had perfect aiming with all ranged weapons, even giant axes. so...

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 11:27 PM
..But if Connor actually missed, wont that mean that techincally the Animus making him not missing de-syncs itself?
I mostly did not use much projectiles, but I love Flintlocks, and this is really stretching :nonchalance:

masterfenix2009
08-02-2012, 11:37 PM
In my opinion, fun gameplay is more important then realism. So I don't care if the run and gun is realistic.

HSCOnyxAssassin
08-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Go ahead.
The problem is the game boasts historical accuracy, then you have somebody shooting flintlock pistols, duel wield, may I add and hitting every single time while running. :nonchalance:

/thread

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-02-2012, 11:42 PM
But the thing with the Flintlocks is it is not something due to the Assassin, but more so from the gun itself.
The thing is they go on and on about how accurate ACIII will be, and how they have consultants yada yada....
Then we have Running Assassination's with Fintlocks -___-

naran6142
08-02-2012, 11:59 PM
i think when they say they are being historically accurate they mean with setting, like people, places, things that happened or the way something was done. Not the accuracy of guns

I mean wouldnt it just be cool...

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 12:04 AM
..But if Connor actually missed, wont that mean that techincally the Animus making him not missing de-syncs itself?
I mostly did not use much projectiles, but I love Flintlocks, and this is really stretching :nonchalance:

If conner missed at a moment in the story where it's important that it's shown, he will be shown to miss in a cutscene.

As to the person who quoted the assassins are not the most realistic bunch, it doesn't matter if not every part of a game is totally realistic. There needs to be an accepted standard of realism within the game, and ubisoft seems to have decided that you have to stand still while shooting a gun if you want to hit something, just like in real life. Live with it.

About the rope-dart thing, undoubtedly in real life that's a maneuver that a real person would have to be skilled to pull off, and wouldn't always work. So is an air assassination. So is a counter. So is climbing a wall.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AcceptableBreaksFromReality

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Well yeah, but seriously, he did not miss a single time?
What is he, some sort of god? Well, our character have been unkillable gods
But still, there are obvious accepted boundaries, but some times things can get kinda silly.

Serrachio
08-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Who cares whether Connor doesn't miss when it comes to shooting while he's still. I'd rather hit someone all the time in a game, instead of making it "You missed, too bad, better luck next time" every now and then. Just because Ubisoft are commited to portraying history in an acceptable manner, aside from the Assassin-Templar conflict, it doesn't mean they can't bend the rules slightly to create a fun gameplay element.

So please Hasoon. Stop with the "But the guns were inaccurate, whyyyy can't Connor miiiissss?!"

Personally, run and gun with a firearm just makes me think that some people want "blat blat gangster-style" because Connor has two muskets he can use to shoot people with. Yeah, it's a little cool, but I don't suppose it is on the highest of concerns when it comes to the capabilities of the weapons in the installment. I wouldn't mind it in there, but I suppose I'll only ever use it once or twice. Or maybe a lot, if it's somewhat useful.

I suppose having the bow fire in mid-air would be a little nice, but only if there was some sort of Max Payne slow motion going on. If Connor has to lock onto a guard before he jumps in order to shoot them, he may as well shoot them just after he locks on, instead of jumping. That said, I'd expect he could only pull off one arrow shot with it.

Finally, when it comes to the Rope Dart, I can see it being able to hang someone, but only if the end was barbed in some way, and if Connor wrapped the cord around the guard's neck twice before he jumped from the tree, in order to provide the resistance to keep the dart-head inside their throat. If it was done that way, I can see the weapon being able to support the kind of gravitational force that the pulley system of Connor jumping off the tree with it would provide.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Another thing is the excuse for everybody not shooting the player to death is the way muskets worked back then.
Twisting it for the player seems inconsistent, if you ask me.
The ropedart is probably custom somehow, by the Asian inventor.

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Another thing is the excuse for everybody not shooting the player to death is the way muskets worked back then.
Twisting it for the player seems inconsistent, if you ask me.
The ropedart is probably custom somehow, by the Asian inventor.

No, conner is supposed to be an uncommonly good shot. And obviously he didn't get shot and die before he passed on his DNA, so the animus is baised towards him, yes.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 12:59 AM
But...that is just not possible.
Just nevermind.
But isn't the Flintlock pistols tools? meaning how can you Assassinate with them?

HSCOnyxAssassin
08-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Hasoon, you're really starting to toe the line of Trolling now. You said it yourself, "Assassins aren't the most realistic bunch". If a man in the 12th century OWNS and USES a hidden blade and can use "Eagle Vision" whats it matter if someone from his "Brotherhood" can shoot a flintlock while running? Yes they say they're historically accurate but thats more-so for story than game-play. As long as the flintlock isn't a sniper and the bow and arrows are an Ak 47 I'd say thats historically accurate enough for me not to question it. Why aren't you complaining that he has a rope dart or that his hidden blade can rotate out of the housing and become its own dagger. And why are you just nitpicking so annoying and incessantly?

Sorry if I'm abrasive I just can't stand to see trolls grasp at straws when their argument is in shambles.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Hasoon, you're really starting to toe the line of Trolling now. You said it yourself, "Assassins aren't the most realistic bunch". If a man in the 12th century OWNS and USES a hidden blade and can use "Eagle Vision" whats it matter if someone from his "Brotherhood" can shoot a flintlock while running? Yes they say they're historically accurate but thats more-so for story than game-play. As long as the flintlock isn't a sniper and the bow and arrows are an Ak 47 I'd say thats historically accurate enough for me not to question it. Why aren't you complaining that he has a rope dart or that his hidden blade can rotate out of the housing and become its own dagger. And why are you just nitpicking so annoying and incessantly?

Sorry if I'm abrasive I just can't stand to see trolls grasp at straws when their argument is in shambles.

The ropedart was explained by Serrachio up there, and because it just does not make sense. It has nothing to do with the actual user *Well it does* but it is just IMPOSSIBLE for somebody to not miss once. Yes apparently, the ELITE SOLDIERS miss. Like, what?
And the hidden blade is not a real device, meaning they can do whatever they want with it. There are some obvious things you cant make realistic, but those things are just...why? I mean is it really that bad if the player misses a few times?
Is it really that hard to have a risk vs reward? if the player wants pin point accuracy, use the bow, if the player wants power, but with risks, use the pistols/musket.
And...Eagle Vision is not real, so what does that have to do with this?

TheFrontLine
08-03-2012, 01:12 AM
The whole point of they're trying to get across to you is what is so wrong with exchanging some realism for gameplay?

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Maybe it would create some balance in weapons? and maybe if the soldiers who are supposed to be highly trained could not hit a single shot in you due too ''Historical weapon accuracy'' but Connor has godly aim, maybe I wont have as much problems.

Serrachio
08-03-2012, 01:18 AM
The ropedart was explained by Serrachio up there, and because it just does not make sense. It has nothing to do with the actual user *Well it does* but it is just IMPOSSIBLE for somebody to not miss once. Yes apparently, the ELITE SOLDIERS miss. Like, what?
And the hidden blade is not a real device, meaning they can do whatever they want with it. There are some obvious things you cant make realistic, but those things are just...why? I mean is it really that bad if the player misses a few times?
Is it really that hard to have a risk vs reward? if the player wants pin point accuracy, use the bow, if the player wants power, but with risks, use the pistols/musket.
And...Eagle Vision is not real, so what does that have to do with this?

The risk that comes with the flintlock pistols is that they can only be shot once per pistol, and then that Connor would need to be out of combat to reload them. As such, for this kind of restriction on them (the reloading), they make sure that they hit all the time.

Making them miss on times would tilt the balance towards them being hardly worth using, which isn't something that you'd want in a weapon. Bow and arrow require range, and they're impractical in close combat, but it can be easier to reload and use them again.

Flintlocks are quite effective in close range for a quick kill, allowing you to pick off two enemies that might otherwise overwhelm you, but they're really slow to reload.

I reckon that they won't have that long a range, but you can still use them for context specific actions, such as blowing up the black powder barrels in Silas' stronghold.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Actually, in the Machinima demo, the guy said he reloads them on the run.
Which I don't get how, but okay.
If the Flintlocks are incredibly powerful, there would be balance there. Bow and Arrow for accuracy, Flintlock for power.
That why both have their uses.
If not, at the very least the musket.

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 01:28 AM
They're not being ultra real with the reloading. They just take a long time.

LoyalACFan
08-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Actually, in the Machinima demo, the guy said he reloads them on the run.
Which I don't get how, but okay.
If the Flintlocks are incredibly powerful, there would be balance there. Bow and Arrow for accuracy, Flintlock for power.
That why both have their uses.
If not, at the very least the musket.

They're both going to be an instant kill. The difference between the bow and the pistol will be the same as the difference between the crossbow and the hidden gun. Which is to say, not much, except noise.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 01:38 AM
They're both going to be an instant kill. The difference between the bow and the pistol will be the same as the difference between the crossbow and the hidden gun. Which is to say, not much, except noise.

That would be just...so stupid.
So, the Flintlock suddenly has infinite range/same range as the bow?
If it does, they went really overboard.
Even then, why did it say ''Bow: Effective at long range''
''Duel pistols: Effective at medium range''
Should have a weaker, more accurate one, stronger, less accurate one.

LoyalACFan
08-03-2012, 01:50 AM
That would be just...so stupid.
So, the Flintlock suddenly has infinite range/same range as the bow?
If it does, they went really overboard.
Even then, why did it say ''Bow: Effective at long range''
''Duel pistols: Effective at medium range''
Should have a weaker, more accurate one, stronger, less accurate one.

There is no "weaker" projectile weapon. If you lock onto a guy and shoot him, he will die, no matter if you're using the bow or pistols. The pistols might have a slightly shorter range, but considering that we saw Connor blindfire those gunpowder barrels in the fort, I think it's safe to assume they'll have pretty **** good range.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Meaning the bow is now obsolete, since you can fire the pistols instantly, while you need to wait for a moment with the bow...
Brilliant.

Serrachio
08-03-2012, 02:12 AM
Meaning the bow is now obsolete, since you can fire the pistols instantly, while you need to wait for a moment with the bow...
Brilliant.

No. You aren't listening.

You can fire the pistols instantly, and while Connor can reload them on the run, they still take flipping ages before you can use them again.

The bow won't become obsolete.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 02:15 AM
I'll put the benefit of the doubt that they will make the reload realistic, even tho I doubt it, considering they gave us a dude that can never mid.
But if they can be reloaded on the move, does that sort of make it..less prevalent? since that means when you shoot, you can just keep running and you sort of wont feel the effects of having a long reload.

Serrachio
08-03-2012, 02:19 AM
I'll put the benefit of the doubt that they will make the reload realistic, even tho I doubt it, considering they gave us a dude that can never mid.
But if they can be reloaded on the move, does that sort of make it..less prevalent? since that means when you shoot, you can just keep running and you sort of wont feel the effects of having a long reload.

Well, even if he reloads them on the run, he still won't be able to in combat, so that evens it out a bit. It makes it so Connor uses them twice, and then he needs to leave a combat scenario and wait a while before they become active again.

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 02:20 AM

I would assume you have an animation for reloading that only works when you're staying relatively still, just like the Crossbow.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 02:23 AM
Not sure why you would stay completely still, specially in ACIII, where they want you moving at all times :nonchalance:
Wait..who would use the pistols only? I mean, if you need to reload, just whip out some other weapons and go to town :p or just keep running past everything like with Silus.
I wonder if he can reload in battle...Lol.

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 02:26 AM
Not sure why you would stay completely still, specially in ACIII, where they want you moving at all times :nonchalance:
Wait..who would use the pistols only? I mean, if you need to reload, just whip out some other weapons and go to town :p or just keep running past everything like with Silus.

I said relatively still. Like, if you're in a full sprint there's no way for your hands to also be reloading at the same time, because the animation involves using your hands for balance. But at a light jog or a walk, you can reload. Just like with the Crossbow in Brotherhood and Revelations.

Serrachio
08-03-2012, 02:38 AM

...he still won't be able to in combat [...] and then he needs to leave a combat scenario and wait a while before they become active again.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/259/943/694.png

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 02:45 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24359207.jpg
Anyways: If you can Assassinate on the run with them anyways..wont it be kinda slow?

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Anyways: If you can Assassinate on the run with them anyways..wont it be kinda slow?

As long as it's at close range I don't see why it would be. Quick click boom and down they go.

Also stop using memes, please.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 02:51 AM
I meant like, pulling them out, wont he be like..past the people he wants to shoot? making it counter productive?
And a whole slew of other reasons that we discussed to death in the last pages.

Serrachio
08-03-2012, 02:52 AM

Oh look! Hasoon has decided to pull the "Teehee, I was only trolling!" card.

Do us all a favour and stop being an idiot, or learn how to troll properly. Either will suffice.

TheFrontLine
08-03-2012, 02:54 AM
It would probably take 1 or 2 seconds for the animation of Connor pulling out the gun from wherever to complete.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 02:56 AM
Not really trolling, if I was trolling I would have used something else.
And I think my spelling does it's job well enough.
Even tho I don't know how this turned into a spelling discussion.
EDIT: But in the running Assassination mode, he is always on the move, it would seem...sort of late.

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 02:57 AM
It would probably take 1 or 2 seconds for the animation of Connor pulling out the gun from wherever to complete.
Maybe a bit more, but judging by how they sped things up like nocking a bow and arrow, they may speed that up too.

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 02:59 AM
I meant like, pulling them out, wont he be like..past the people he wants to shoot? making it counter productive?
And a whole slew of other reasons that we discussed to death in the last pages.

No, people in those days and to this day generally make sure they're reloaded BEFORE a battle. You're forgetting that he's not meant to rely on his flintlocks, just use them as a last resort, to soften enemies up, or to finish the last few off.

LoyalACFan
08-03-2012, 07:25 AM

I bet they'll implement the reload time as more of a cool-down period than anything else. You may say you want to manually reload, but when you actually get the game and you have to spend forty seconds reloading the pistols at a slow jog after every two shots, you'll probably see things differently.

Also, what is the big deal about Connor not being able to miss a shot? It's not like Altair or Ezio ever missed. If you locked a target, you hit him and killed him in AC1-ACR.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 07:28 AM
At the very least, the throwing knives were a tad bit more believable, considering they were more dependent on the users, but with the guns it is just impossible not to miss. It really stretches the suspension of disbelief. I would list another reason, but I listed 3000 times before
Hint: has to do with the enemies
And I honestly would not. Because I have the bow.

Calvarok
08-03-2012, 08:08 AM
At the very least, the throwing knives were a tad bit more believable, considering they were more dependent on the users, but with the guns it is just impossible not to miss. It really stretches the suspension of disbelief. I would list another reason, but I listed 3000 times before
Hint: has to do with the enemies
And I honestly would not. Because I have the bow.

Guns weren't THAT innaccurate. Certainly not at the distance he's usually firing from. And it's impossible to never miss with ANYTHING. Seriously.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 08:10 AM
They were very inaccurate, their use came from how everybody lined up back then, so you can hit something easier. Alot of the killing was done using the Bayonets, I believe, if not most.
Well yes, but it really, REALLY stretches it when we are talking about muskets and flintlocks.

LoyalACFan
08-03-2012, 11:00 AM
They were very inaccurate, their use came from how everybody lined up back then, so you can hit something easier. Alot of the killing was done using the Bayonets, I believe, if not most.
Well yes, but it really, REALLY stretches it when we are talking about muskets and flintlocks.

Soldiers shot in lines when they were firing across whole battlefields. Of course the guns were atrociously inaccurate at that range, but if you've got hundreds of lead balls flying at the opposing army, you're bound to hit something. But when you're shooting at guys who are within spitting distance from you, you can pretty much point and squeeze the trigger and you'll hit them. It's not like the bullet is going to fly off course within ten feet of the gun barrel. If they were as inaccurate as you're suggesting, carrying a gun as an individual without a squad of gunmen would be pointless.

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-03-2012, 11:05 AM
At spit range...
How often are you at spit range?
Anything really beyond that is shoot and pray. In the Battlefield, with 100's, it wont matter, but other than that?
Yeah.