PDA

View Full Version : Runtime Error Crash on Shattered Mountain Mission

DogPatch062
07-31-2012, 11:51 PM
I found this forum post on the Console side of the forums and replied to it before I realized it was in the wrong place. So I'm re-posting the source and my reply in this new thread in hopes that this will get the attention of the devs and help us out with this major problem.

Originally Posted by srosecl
I don't know if any one else have encountered this bug. I have been trying to load from save game in Shattered Mountain (sounds like the final mission in the game). I always crash to desktop with some C++ runtime error. I gave up and start from the previous mission (invisible bear or something). It was a long mission, I am not a great player. Took me a few hours just to finish it. And I thought I could save game and continue Shattered Mountain the next day or the next hour, or to reset my computer and continue game.

But no dice - the computer crash to desktop. What is the deal? Anyone encountered this problem? I am using Windows 7, with at least 80GB HD space left and 8GB RAM, and a 1GB graphics card. It was not great - I had to use 1280 graphics resolution on my 1980 monitor, and somehow the game does NOT make it full screen, but only display on a tiny rectangular area in the middle of screen (as if I am using a 7-inch monitor. And now this. I am unable to continue the game.

Please anyone know any solution? Bug-fixes?

Regards,
Sabrina

I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!! I've been trying to play this mission for two days now and it always crashes if I try to pick it up from a save. If I go back one mission (Invisible Bear) and complete that, then start Shattered Mountain, I die after two or three target take-downs and when I try to restart from last checkpoint it gives me the same runtime error and crash to the desktop!!!!!!!!!! I'm running a core i7 procc., 8 GB Ram and an NVIDIA card with 2GB DDR3, win7 64bit

Come on Ubisoft!!!! what gives?!?!?! I've been a Ghost Recon / Rainbow Six / Splinter Cell player for years, don't let this be the game that turns me away from your brand for good.

And don't even get me started on multiplayer. I always make it a point when I buy a shooter game to play the campaign first and then go into multiplayer, but in light of all the crashes, I tried multiplayer to take my mind off the frustration.......NOT!!!! I have yet to connect to any game at all!!!! and I'm not given any reason why, just error: cannot connect to game WTF!?!?!?

EvilPixieGrrr
08-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact Support about this problem, they should be able to help you. The link to them is at the bottom of my signature. Thanks!

m7ammad3atiyat
08-08-2012, 01:15 PM
I have the same problem when i load shattered mountain it's stop working and popup to me an error says

"runtime error
program:d:\ghost recon future soldier\future soldier.exe

the application has requsted the runtime to terminate it in unusual way.

please contact the application's support team for more information."

:(

Nofearxxx25
08-09-2012, 04:40 PM
even i got the same problem it happens only in the last mission which is shattered mountain
it says,
runtime error microsoft c++
program:d:\ghost recon future soldier\future soldier.exe

the application has requsted the runtime to terminate it in unusual way.

please contact the application's support team for more information."

SamYC92
08-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Me too, and a lot of friends of mine who own this game (we played co-op) had this problem too.
Hope Ubisoft fixes this problem! Cuz I really enjoyed playing it!

Raven007140
08-09-2012, 09:35 PM
wait 3 days for the patch

SamYC92
08-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Aww yeah, can't wait for the patch, I hope it fixes this problem. Btw, Ubisoft Customer Support never gives a good solution. I told them about this problem and then they reply with: blah blah blah unworking solutions blah blah blah, what are your system specs blah blah... System specs? Seriously?

Coltmp
08-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Yes dont let Kosack kill Booley President on traine estassion.
crank up pc need lats off ***** espeed for misson .
Roch all way to end.for me only ned ist coop on 3 mor good Ghost.
fixs DLC ? i will bay rest off tom clanse..Garsison
!ho my use lucid VirtuMBP
need 2 drivers VGA intel + envidia 301son no envida HD drivers all res.
imprube to 97 100+fps on Ghost ??
so no mor craches on MOSCU MONTINE warever

gracias Ubi,
El Veterano.

SamYC92
08-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact Support about this problem, they should be able to help you. The link to them is at the bottom of my signature. Thanks!
With all respect to Ubisoft, but there Contact Support really doesn't help. I need a solid solution, not just some random solutions that don't even work.

EvilPixieGrrr
08-14-2012, 12:26 AM
I understand; however, I do need you to contact them. If they can't offer immediate solution, they can at least notify the development team and put the problem on the priority list. I know that isn't what you want to hear, and I'm sorry. If I had information available to you to help, I would give it to you.

SamYC92
08-14-2012, 02:24 PM
I understand; however, I do need you to contact them. If they can't offer immediate solution, they can at least notify the development team and put the problem on the priority list. I know that isn't what you want to hear, and I'm sorry. If I had information available to you to help, I would give it to you.
I know it isn't easy to fix such a problem, but I already contacted them a while ago. But they couldn't come with a working solution. I'm contacting them for like a week or so.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Hi guys, which version number do you have in the Extra's menu?

I've alerted the developers to this issue.

Please post your DxDiag and specs.

stranger438
08-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Any solutions to this? I am facing it too!

sandeep6513
08-23-2012, 05:39 AM
Did any patch came for that error even me facing the same problem..Is the problem rectified if yes send link what to do... Reply ASAP

sandeep6513
08-23-2012, 05:44 AM
By Downloading The Patch V1.4 This Error Gets Rectified R not?Please Reply ASAP.....

stranger438
08-23-2012, 04:12 PM
I have all the patches applied and it still persists. So I guess not.

afreed5505
08-25-2012, 10:23 AM
With all respect to Ubisoft, but there Contact Support really doesn't help. I need a solid solution, not just some random solutions that don't even work.
the support is of no use
i had same problem
they told me to update with latest patch and re install etc
its of no use
problem persist

afreed5505
08-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Hi guys, which version number do you have in the Extra's menu?

I've alerted the developers to this issue.

Please post your DxDiag and specs.

i had same problem and i posted DxDIag and specs but not a single solution suggested by UBI to me helped

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi guys, this issue has been reported we are due another title update;

Yes :)

EDIT: Banicks, TU 1.4 fixed a lot of issues and we'll support the title - you can expect several other TUs. The next TU should be available in about a couple of weeks.

In the meantime please do contact Technical Support with those details.

stranger438
08-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Hi guys, this issue has been reported we are due another title update;

In the meantime please do contact Technical Support with those details.

I posted everything almost 2 weeks ago. No reply since last 5 days. All replies before them were close to useless. Is this what you call tech support?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi stranger438, you can re-open the ticket by adding more information. If you are not receiving replies please PM your ticket number to a member of support or a Forum Manager and we will investigate it for you.

chenzi1
08-30-2012, 05:20 PM
I've also got the same problem when I play the last mission Shattered Mountains. I'm very fed up with these issues not addressed for so long after the game release :mad: The error has prevented me from completing the game.

GGO-GrayGhost
09-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Problem still there,

Where the heck is the fix?? This is freaking ridiculous!!

jcc73
10-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Voilà 2 mois que je ne peux pas lancer la dernière mission ....
Malgré la mise en place des dernier patchs 1.4
et toujours pas de solution.
désinstallation
réinstallation
désinstallation
réinstallation
désinstallation
réinstallation
désinstallation
réinstallation
4 fois ne servent à RIEN....
Occupe solution Bravo, le support.
pas de réponses !!!!!
:mad:

jleung4
10-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Please can you respond to the problem? I've been waiting for months so I can finish the game off and freaking uninstall it.

stranger438
01-16-2013, 01:17 PM
No fix yet? I would seriously like a refund now!

p2013
05-01-2013, 10:02 PM
same problem facing.but it is very sad to see no solution posted yet.updates are not working also.installed up to v1.7. any help will be thankful.

werelamb
11-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Anyone know the solution to this problem yet? I have the same issue on the last mission.

I contacted tech support and opened a support ticket 6 days ago and have still recieved no reply from themhttp://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/frown.png

Tengg-Eri
11-10-2015, 02:14 PM
ppl are dealing with errors in and broken missions by downloading saves, then going through the mission via this downloaded save file, and then on their own save...

i never had such problem but i think this solution is worth a try..

gl

Muddvain
11-10-2015, 06:01 PM
This is crazy I never had any issues with the Campaign ever and I saved it on and off over the few days it took to beat the missions.

Has anybody tried going to the online version and running it solo like that where you can select the mission you wanna run and see what happens?

Might have to run me some GRFS Campaign now all this talkin about it and Shattered Mountain.

Good luck with your issues hope somebody has an answer....

Muddvain

HVT Ghost Team

werelamb
11-12-2015, 10:53 AM
I get the error both in online and offline mode. I can't play Shattered Mountain as a solo mission, because I had not completed the mission when the error started, so the mission isn't available in the select mission list.
I would have liked to complete the final mission even if just as a solo mission.

I presumed the issue it was due to some error with the campaign Auto Save file, and was hoping Tech Support would either be able to fix the issue or send me a campaign save with a previous check point. However a week after opening a ticket I've still had no reply from them

werelamb
11-14-2015, 11:21 PM
Ok so Tech Support finaly got back to me and told me to update "Microsoft Visual C++ " and make sure the game had all current patches.
As my system and game were both already up to date this didn't do anything for the problem.

However as I was already pretty sure the problem was the result of some error which occured when the game was creating its most recent AutoSave I got around the issue by deleting just the "1 AutoSave.sav" file and replacing it with a downloaded copy. I can now continue Campaign and have no issues with loading the mission.

As there only seems to be one 1AutoSave.sav file stored at any one time, it may be a good idea to save backups once in a while, maybe after every few missions. This could prevent major annoyance if any errors occur during gameplay