PDA

View Full Version : buttons doing different things/abilities not working

berm87
07-31-2012, 08:53 PM
since returning to revelations, i've had countless occasions where i've hit a button and it has done something completely different than what it's intended to. i'll tap the l1 button to lock onto someone and my persona will taunt. i'll tap o to stun someone and my persona will use disguise. i'll tap r1 to sprint and my persona will kill a random npc. et cetera, et cetera. it's become so common that it'll happen multiple times in each session.

in addition to that, i'll be standing on the ground--sometimes perfectly still--and when i try to use an ability it will say 'ability is not available from this position'. i have died and been stunned over and over and over because of these two catastrophic glitches, and it's reached the point where i literally cannot even rely upon the game's basic principles anymore. might anyone know if this is because of lag, or has anyone else experienced this? if so, were you able to fix it? it's to the point where i'm prepared to just give up contending with the revelations multiplayer.

and i've played my share of revelations, so i'm positive that i'm tapping the correct buttons. lol.

lynx_1985
08-01-2012, 03:37 PM
I have never encountered the problem were a button is mapped to the wrong function but I have came across the following;

i'll be standing on the ground--sometimes perfectly still--and when i try to use an ability it will say 'ability is not available from this position'. i have died and been stunned over and over and over because of these two catastrophic glitches.....

This has happened to me countless of times, but it occurs more often when I try to use an ability straight after I have already used one. This is evident in manhunt on defence, when I pop mute and go to drop smoke straight after I hear the sound an ability makes when you try and use it whilst it is cool down along with the message 'ability is not available from this position'. Maybe it was ubi's way to stop mute and smoke being used at near enough the same time? I say this because before any sort of patch was released I never got the prompt 'ability is not available from this position'. It is annoying when it happens during a stroll, I can be just walking at times and still get the propmt, without having using an ability previously.

It doesn't happen constantly, but when it does it is extremely frustrating, because like you have said, you can die from an ability not being available when it clearly is. I hope they address this in AC3.

LadyGahan2010
08-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Yes, these happen to everyone, I bet. Although I would swear that the last patch was supposed to fix the taunt not to engage instead of stun, but there's been an increase of that bug recently, so now I have doubts whether the patches did ANYTHING at all.

berm87
08-01-2012, 07:18 PM
if anything, the game has been infinitely more buggy for me since the patch was released. hmph. it's good to know i'm not the only one suffering, i guess!

MrMeowPuss
08-02-2012, 01:24 AM
My personal opinion is that ubisoft don't bother to maintain the game anymore and just focus on AC3! I play pretty much every day and I've encountered so many problems it's made me sick of playing and almost ready to stop playing altogether! I think people have been messing with the game too
And Ubisoft do nothing to stop it!!

I'm sick of being killed from way outside the kill radius or my abilities not going off even though I'm spamming the R1 button but still nothing happens! Just yesterday I was playing Manhunt and first someone muted me as I died so when I respawned I couldn't use my abilities then I couldn't even (Y) out so I was stuck in a stun lock. Personally I know people do cheat and I don't think it's just glitches, it's way more!

Demon.King.
08-02-2012, 12:43 PM
My personal opinion is that ubisoft don't bother to maintain the game anymore and just focus on AC3! I play pretty much every day and I've encountered so many problems it's made me sick of playing and almost ready to stop playing altogether! I think people have been messing with the game too
And Ubisoft do nothing to stop it!!

Same here...getting sick of the crap bugs i face in every session I play...

I'm sick of being killed from way outside the kill radius or my abilities not going off even though I'm spamming the R1 button but still nothing happens! Just yesterday I was playing Manhunt and first someone muted me as I died so when I respawned I couldn't use my abilities then I couldn't even (Y) out so I was stuck in a stun lock. Personally I know people do cheat and I don't think it's just glitches, it's way more!

Again, same here. And unfortunately, there are cheaters, but Ubisoft don't give a **** about them. they get, maybe, a 3 day ban? really? 3 days for hacking the system and ruining the game for countless players? ubisoft are just ridiculous.

HeJurm
08-02-2012, 01:06 PM
I think the prompt 'ability not available from this position' happens only when you bump into an npc and try to use the ability in fast succession of it. Also, sometimes when you push NPC's, even if you're walking, you might not be able to use an abiltiy at the same time.

Demon.King.
08-02-2012, 01:11 PM
I think the prompt 'ability not available from this position' happens only when you bump into an npc and try to use the ability in fast succession of it. Also, sometimes when you push NPC's, even if you're walking, you might not be able to use an abiltiy at the same time.

He already pointed out this is not the case...

HeJurm
08-02-2012, 03:49 PM
He already pointed out this is not the case...

When that happens to you you get mad and dont necessarily remember it clearly anymore after the game has ended.

I remeber when i started playing ACR i got this 'ability not available in this position', or w/e the prompt is, a lot of times and it just made me angry because why couldn't I use my ability if it's not on cooldown? Then I started paying more attention to what caused this message and from that point on, every time this has happened it has clearly been because of I bumped into a civilian and tried to use the ability right after it.

So I'm quite certain the OP just haven't been completely aware of when and what causes this prompt, so he being frustrated about it and other stuff too, just decided to mention it and add the '--sometimes perfectly still--' because of being unaware. In no offence I say this because this would be comletely understandable and has been seen to happen many many times before. I'd just suggest him and everyone else to start paying more attention to everytime this happens.

Other thing that could cause you to be not able to use your ability is mute, but that should be quite obvious to everyone.

So yeah im still 100% this happens only when you bump into civilians because it has happened to me countless of times before.

berm87
08-02-2012, 04:27 PM
it certainly is possible that what hejurm is saying does impact the issue, or is at least one of the reasons why it occurs. i'm not sure about anyone else, but in my experience the npc's are much more rough now than i ever remember them being. i've lost out on kills and stuns because a wayward npc brushes past me, and my persona will react as if the juggernaut just stampeded by. it's the same animation as if a player runs into you while you're walking. i know you're not able to do anything while you recover from this very strange animation, so the 'no abilities' prompt might be justified. it's definitely something to look into. perhaps i'll set up my elgato and try to record the glitch in action!

and i had a horribly humiliating moment the other day in deathmatch on venice night. i was in a blend group and my target was approaching me on one side and my pursuer on the other--presumably one was trying to kill the other. i tried to lock onto my pursuer so that i could stun the right person, and my persona taunted instead! my target ran up and stunned me and then my pursuer got a hidden incognito focus. oiewurlsrwlr! eugh! :B

wapikas
08-02-2012, 06:39 PM
i'll tap the l1 button to lock onto someone and my persona will taunt.

This random taunting is really annoying. Happens to me too sometimes. Not often, but usually when it happens it happens very critical moment :D

Demon.King.
08-02-2012, 07:41 PM
When that happens to you you get mad and dont necessarily remember it clearly anymore after the game has ended.

I remeber when i started playing ACR i got this 'ability not available in this position', or w/e the prompt is, a lot of times and it just made me angry because why couldn't I use my ability if it's not on cooldown? Then I started paying more attention to what caused this message and from that point on, every time this has happened it has clearly been because of I bumped into a civilian and tried to use the ability right after it.

So I'm quite certain the OP just haven't been completely aware of when and what causes this prompt, so he being frustrated about it and other stuff too, just decided to mention it and add the '--sometimes perfectly still--' because of being unaware. In no offence I say this because this would be comletely understandable and has been seen to happen many many times before. I'd just suggest him and everyone else to start paying more attention to everytime this happens.

Other thing that could cause you to be not able to use your ability is mute, but that should be quite obvious to everyone.

So yeah im still 100% this happens only when you bump into civilians because it has happened to me countless of times before.

It is one of the main reason it occurs, but the first post said that =
" i'll be standing on the ground--sometimes perfectly still--and when i try to use an ability it will say 'ability is not available from this position'".

That is where the bug itself is. Not being able to use abilities while standing still. the bump into npc ability stop is well known...at least for anyone who has played acr for a while.

berm87
08-02-2012, 08:30 PM
It is one of the main reason it occurs, but the first post said that =
" i'll be standing on the ground--sometimes perfectly still--and when i try to use an ability it will say 'ability is not available from this position'".

That is where the bug itself is. Not being able to use abilities while standing still. the bump into npc ability stop is well known...at least for anyone who has played acr for a while.

indeed. i just played a few matches to test out hejurm's theory and, unfortunately, the 'ability not available' issue did in fact occur at least twice when i was standing completely still with no npc interference. one time in particular i was in a blend group, locked onto a pursuer, and when i tried to mute them it gave me the 'ability not available from this position' prompt and i died shortly thereafter.

it's not a game-breaking glitch, but it does seem to happen at the worst possible times, although i guess any time you're trying to use an ability and it won't allow you to is a worst possible time. lmao.

MrMeowPuss
08-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Same here...getting sick of the crap bugs i face in every session I play...

Again, same here. And unfortunately, there are cheaters, but Ubisoft don't give a **** about them. they get, maybe, a 3 day ban? really? 3 days for hacking the system and ruining the game for countless players? ubisoft are just ridiculous.

The bugs are just the beginning! You also have to deal with the players who can't take losing and have to cheat just so that can win or if you beat them they message you to talk **** to you! I read somewhere it's actually up to Xbox to deal with them but nothing much ever comes from it. Rockstar implemented a thing in Max Payne 3 so if someone gets caught cheating they get banned from the normal mode and are only allowed to play with other cheaters which is what they need for AC3 mp!

Just because ubisoft have AC3 coming out doesn't mean they can stop maintaining ACR because despite theany bugs I used to enjoy playih
But it's getting to the point where the game is so broken I'm losing interest fast!

diamonddavep
12-06-2012, 11:05 AM
This drives me absolute batsh--! I know it happens to others as well, so what goes around comes around, but the more advanced players seem to be able to avoid it so there must be some way around it. Yes its possible bumping into an NPC may cause it and would make sense but I've also encountered while standing my ground in the open for the 'ol oblivious-player-smokebomb. Also it seems to happen to me very, very often. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with connection lag? I have lousy internet, but the general motions all seem fine. For the record this also happens on AC3, the only one I've ever played myself. While this whole thing is new to me and very, very cool, its incredibly frustrating given the complete lack of adequate tutorial (at all!!!) for new players to learn against the more advanced with all the bugginess

One more thing--when you stun someone---how in the world is it they can still poison you? I don't mean the other guy walked past and I stunned him a second later, I mean even situations where he's knifed-smoked bombed-clearly incapacitated and still somehow poisons me very clearly through the smoke clouds. The guys using the smokebombs to hover over you a few seconds to get a poison score are already annoying enough, it only encourages this sort of thing.