PDA

View Full Version : I am satisfied with the info on 1.4

Raven007140
07-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Thank you for the post. It's a little further out then I was hoping, but I'm glad that an announcement has been made. And the additional content is appreciated. Elite was too easy. Night variants also sound like fun. Fingers crossed the patch solves the majority of issues.

Kickpuncher2012
07-31-2012, 06:15 PM
I don't want to nitpick, but 13th August? That's still pretty annoying. Im happy they finally managed to get their **** together (and they hopefully fired the noob who was responsible for the release date) but its still dissapointing that it comes from nowhere and then we still have to wait that long. It would have been far less annoying if they pulled out a rough ETA first and then correcting it back if they knew more.

So now let's hope they don't **** it up again and that enough people come back to revive the community.

EDIT: Ah, right, shame on you in terms of the goodies, Ubisoft! I know you can't give away the DLC for free that easily, but is losing reputation really better than losing money?

puppeteer666
07-31-2012, 06:33 PM
I am okay with the August 13th release date as well
Find it funny all these people who want refunds or are complaining about the 1.4 patch not being prompt. These same people are the ones who would have had same complaints if it wasn't released when it was. Then it would have been I want a refund! The game was delayed again! Ubi this UBI that bunch of complainers who think developers owe them just because they have a PC.

st.nguyen09
07-31-2012, 06:47 PM
I am okay with the August 13th release date as well
Find it funny all these people who want refunds or are complaining about the 1.4 patch not being prompt. These same people are the ones who would have had same complaints if it wasn't released when it was. Then it would have been I want a refund! The game was delayed again! Ubi this UBI that bunch of complainers who think developers owe them just because they have a PC.

Well, the devs/company (I REALLY don't want to pick on the devs since devs are pretty low on the totem pole in terms of making decisions, deadlines, etc...I'm a dev for a company and I know how it is). The company itself owes us because we paid them good money expecting a polished, working product (there will always be bugs, but not at this level). The company failed to deliver so now they need to get it right.

Now that we have a tentative, realistic sounding release date I believe most people will calm down now. It's much easier to lose patience when there's no end in sight. Also, I say tentative because that's just how it is...hopefully the dev teams are feeding overestimates to the business guys, who are then feeding that info to us, in order to build in buffer time in case something goes wrong. It's always better to give yourself plenty of time beforehand than to give a date and then push it back at the last minute.

EvilPixieGrrr
07-31-2012, 11:57 PM
Hi, please post in the existing 1.4 patch thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/700444-This-is-all-we-asked-for-thanks-for-the-heads-up). Thanks!