PDA

View Full Version : Which AC did you like most in terms of combat? (Poll)

Turul.
07-31-2012, 03:36 PM
saw this question on facebook from ubisoft montreal, curious to see what the forums think

AC 3 IS NOT AN ANSWER

sasukeuchiha50
07-31-2012, 03:49 PM
saw this question on facebook from ubisoft montreal, curious to see what the forums think

AC 3 IS NOT AN ANSWER
Did you get my reply on the Signature thread?

Slayer_WTF
07-31-2012, 03:54 PM
Ac1.

TheHumanTowel
07-31-2012, 03:55 PM
AC2 has the best combat. It was a natural extension of the combat in the first game and added tons of new weapon types and animations. Not saying ACB because I hate chain killing and how it's turned Ezio into a complete superhuman terminator.

Turul.
07-31-2012, 03:58 PM
dont know why ppl like ac2 combat

it was clunky and awkward imo

Assassin_M
07-31-2012, 04:03 PM
ACB.

Some might argue that ACB and ACR are the same, but the way I see it, the added Animations in ACR made the combat much slower than ACB.

j0kay
07-31-2012, 04:23 PM
AC1. It felt relistic, but it was still very easy.

ShaneO7K
07-31-2012, 04:29 PM
AC1. I really dislike the kill chain feature.

Aphex_Tim
07-31-2012, 04:57 PM
AC1.
I like the combat in every game but AC1's combat feels the least over the top with animations.
I don't really like how Ezio keeps saying he doesn't like killing, yet destroys his enemies by slamming his
sword into their skull and twisting their heads 180 degrees before nonchalantly taking his sword back again...

connor_bg
07-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Yes Aphex i always wondered why when Ezio kill someone he is paying his victim's body respect. Respect for the crimes his target has made, but executing guards with coldblooded executions like you said slamming their heads and such, when they are actually just doing their job and risk their lives to feed their family. It is out of logic for me to.

Assassin_M
07-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Yes Aphex i always wondered why when Ezio kill someone he is paying his victim's body respect. Respect for the crimes his target has made, but executing guards with coldblooded executions like you said slamming their heads and such, when they are actually just doing their job and risk their lives to feed their family. It is out of logic for me to.
Which is just another part of showing the grey Morality of the Assassin Order.

she-assassin
07-31-2012, 05:44 PM
AC1; for reasons stated above.

LadyGahan2010
07-31-2012, 05:47 PM
No way AC1. All I need to do in AC1 is to stand there blocking, and just press the attack button at an appropriate moment. ACB gave me more options without dying all the time, as it would happen if I tried something else than what I just described in AC1. Thats why my answer was ACB.
AC2 was OK tho.

corbinmahieu
07-31-2012, 06:23 PM
AC1

I would like to say AC:B. But the combat was so dam easy... but much more ''beautiful to watch'' --> but to much hack and slash.
But I most choose AC1 cause it was a challenge to kill a templar ! I like the suspense of dying..

Mmhh.. so let's say the combat of AC1.... but the chain kill as ''special'' move ( something you can't do every time ) = ( mix between AC1 and ACB )

mattahleen
07-31-2012, 06:36 PM
Stuck between ac1 and acr. Both had major flaws and major perks.

dxsxhxcx
07-31-2012, 06:50 PM
AC1, after AC1 IMO little was made on the enemy side to make it on par with the improvements made on the player side (gadgets/skills/etc)...

freddie_1897
07-31-2012, 06:53 PM
AC1.
I like the combat in every game but AC1's combat feels the least over the top with animations.
I don't really like how Ezio keeps saying he doesn't like killing, yet destroys his enemies by slamming his
sword into their skull and twisting their heads 180 degrees before nonchalantly taking his sword back again...
because it looks friggin awesome?

but seriously i see what you're saying

SixKeys
07-31-2012, 09:39 PM
ACB. It was a tad too easy, but a lot of fun, especially in the VR Room. ACR's was the worst due to the ridiculously long kill animations and chain-kill-breaking Janissaries.

Requiscent
07-31-2012, 09:59 PM
I would have to go with ACB; combat has always been easy throughout the entire series. Since Ubi has yet to make it challenging I prefer to simply get the fights over with rather than deal with soldiers who love to gaze into your eyes like ACI and AC II.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-31-2012, 10:06 PM
AC1. As easy as it was, more challenging than the rest. At the very least I could get countered:nonchalance:

TheHumanTowel
07-31-2012, 10:32 PM
The AC2 ship is a lonely lonely place. Come on I need at least someone else to keep this thing afloat.

LoyalACFan
07-31-2012, 11:21 PM
I went with Brotherhood. The chain-kill thing made it insanely easy, BUT it was much more fun than standing around waiting for enemies to attack, not to mention much more visually exciting. I hated Revelations sometimes for the reason Aphex_Tim stated; the over-the-top kill animations. The animations in Brotherhood were brutal at times, but they were just enough to get the job done. The ones in Revelations were just overkill. He doesn't need to stab them in the throat, then push his sword up into their skull so far they're lifted off the ground. That, and the Janissary archetype. They weren't aggressive enough to be challenging, but they were tough enough to be annoying.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-31-2012, 11:35 PM
You did not really have to stand around in ACII. In my latest playthrough, I mostly just attacked, it works ALOT like BH.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-01-2012, 12:33 AM
AC1 for me ,,, It was kinda the hardest for me ,, it made the game harder than the other games :D for brotherhood it was too easy

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-01-2012, 01:03 AM
AC1 for me ,,, It was kinda the hardest for me ,, it made the game harder than the other games :D for brotherhood it was too easy

It is kinda sad that the hardest game of the series is actually easy. Lol.

YRTEP
08-01-2012, 01:16 AM
In terms of combat, Brotherhood was the best IMO.
You had more attacking options, it featured kill streaks and launched the brotherhood system.

Revelations was basically the same as Brotherhood.

Lonesoldier2012
08-01-2012, 02:35 AM
Ac1. Ac2 was clunky and it just got way to easy.

Legendz54
08-01-2012, 02:58 AM

I understand where you are coming from, but just like the templars, the Assassins will kill anyone who tries to stop their ultimate goal of freeing the people. Correct me if i am wrong but in the AC Games, aren't a majority of the guards controlled by big templar organisations? That would explain why Assassins would kill a lot of guards, because after all they do know his identity and say things like "ASSASSIN GET HIM!"

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-01-2012, 03:01 AM
Actually, that makes complete sense. He out right goes ''Assassin!''
Meaning they know who and what you are.

dxsxhxcx
08-01-2012, 03:13 AM
I believe Aphex wasn't talking about how many/who or why Ezio killed his enemies, but how Ezio killed these people, the guards were literally slaughtered in some of his games (specially ACR), (according to Aphex) Ezio used to say that he didn't enjoy killing people but when he did, the way he did most part of the time made it look like it was the other way around.

while this isn't something that bother me too much (story wise), IMO the kill animations in ACR were "a little" exaggerated and this kinda ruined the immersion sometimes......

HaSoOoN-MHD
08-01-2012, 03:20 AM
If Ezio was like...a Mortal Kombat Kharacter or something, I would be fine with it, they kill with joy..but that just goes against his character :nonchalance:
Too be fair, ACII and AC:B were brutal aswell. For example some of the two handed weapon animations, some hidden blade animations.

SixKeys
08-01-2012, 04:26 AM
Ezio has always had some over-the-top kill animations. In AC2 there's one where he brutally stabs someone, then gently pushes them over. I don't mind those though, as they're not common enough to be distracting, and also Ezio was a young, cocky assassin then. Instead of making the kill animations more and more needlessly brutal they should have made them harsh but efficient as he grew older and wiser. It's okay if he knocks some guy out by throwing him head first into a wall, but it's overkill if he stomps on his head three times.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-01-2012, 12:12 PM
It is kinda sad that the hardest game of the series is actually easy. Lol.

Well that's you opinion ,, but mine is that all the other Ac games is easy ,, but the combat in Ac1 made the game a little harder and even the stealth system was harder than the other games ,,, actually my favourite Ac game after Ac2 is Ac1 ,,, And I'm actually replaying it now :D

Lonesoldier2012
08-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Well that's you opinion ,, but mine is that all the other Ac games is easy ,, but the combat in Ac1 made the game a little harder and even the stealth system was harder than the other games ,,, actually my favourite Ac game after Ac2 is Ac1 ,,, And I'm actually replaying it now :D

I loved playing around countering with the Hidden Blade in Ac1.

MasterAssasin84
08-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Personly for me i though AC2 was the best ,

it seemed more fluid and i likes the fact you had to control your movements and time your attacks which gave it a more realistic feel rather than just going in for the counter kill then automaticaly going into execute mode.

Grazel69
08-01-2012, 06:16 PM
AC1 definitly
AC2 somehow felt more clunky and because of medicine it got way too easy
ACB added killchains which made it even more easy
ACR was just ACB combat but more gimmicky with over the top animations

to be honest I wish they'd just go back to AC1 Combat, in that game at least you wanted to sneak because you wern't freakin god almighty

Only reason I don't play AC1 anymore is because the quest were boring

Mix AC1 combat with the newer quests and I'll play that game all day everyday

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I loved playing around countering with the Hidden Blade in Ac1.
Yea I liked that In Ac1,, but starting form AC2 to Revelations you were able to fight with the hidden blade which I find Unrealistic,,, I've played every Assassin's creed game till revelations but I just can't stop replaying Ac1 and Ac2 ,,, but Brotherhood and Revelations was a little boring to me especially Brotherhood I don't like anything about brotherhood except the last 2 sequences and the Desmond sequence :D

Gil_217
08-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Assassin's Creed

By a mile. Why? Because it was the only game where combat was a little challenging. And it was fun as...

MT4K
08-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Judging by the votes i guess the perfect combat would be a mix of AC1 and ACB. Funny that's kind of what AC3 is meant to be aiming towards :D.

LoyalACFan
08-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Judging by the votes i guess the perfect combat would be a mix of AC1 and ACB. Funny that's kind of what AC3 is meant to be aiming towards :D.

True, though I do favor the kill streak system over AC1's combat. It feels slightly more realistic since it's fast-paced. Just standing around in the middle of a giant circle of guards while you fight it out with a single one of them kind of feels stupid. At least when you have the kill streaks, you can just dispose of one guy and then boom, onto the next one. In AC1, you had to focus on fighting a single guy for several seconds while twenty other guys just stood and watched rather than attack your defenseless back.