PDA

View Full Version : Tips for a returning player?

Darth Nibbles
07-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Hey there. So I just picked up ACR again recently after giving up on it earlier in the year (I blame Skyrim). I was a huge fan of the multiplayer in ACB, was level 50, consistently a grandmaster and all that jazz. Now in ACR, I haven't played all that much. I'm in the low-mid 20's (23 I think) and only have a few hours of play logged, and could use some tips.

Primarily, the thing that bothers me about ACR as compared to ACB is the approach meter. I just absolutely cannot get decent kills because of it, unless I approach my enemy in a large open area and have a lock the entire time. What I'm saying is I find it very difficult to get incognito kills now, and I could use some help. I used to be a bit of a roofer in ACB, but the strategy does not seem to be my cup of tea in ACR. I've been having some luck intercepting my target's route and going for hidden kills, but I'd like to expand my horizons and learn more techniques. If you could give me some protips or links to threads with protips, I would be very greatful. These prestige players I've been coming across have just been embarassing me, and I would like to prevent that in the future.

FFA tips mainly please. I mostly play Wanted, Deathmatch, Simple Deathmatch, and Assassinate.

obliviondoll
07-30-2012, 10:14 AM
Best advice is to stick with ACB.

Both games are broken, but ACB is less broken. If you're taking my advice though, it's best to turn all DLC off, because there are FAR less games with DLC turned on.

ReptileAssassin
07-30-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm purely a Deathmatch player, and I come in first or at the very least third in every game, without a single smoke bomb.

Here's one of my videos, there are many more on my channel. You can watch the kind of things I do for a better idea of how to score higher without resorting to the same cheap tricks as everyone else.

This just happens to be one of the games where I'm on the roof far more than usual, which you might like better anyway as you described your previous playstyle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21U8JPxU5vU

Just Krispy
07-30-2012, 10:46 PM
I watched that beginning section of the video and I just can't see how intercepting your own poison gives you more points. Just stay in the blend group and build up the meter and take the ingog kill. You wasted your poison IMHO.

ReptileAssassin
07-31-2012, 12:21 AM
You get the focus bonus (easily the most difficult bonus without being a smoking noob) out of the way of your variety count, and depending on where your detection meter is at the time of the poison, you can both increase it and build a focus while going into their blend group. Just keep watching, there's a reason I win practically all of my deathmatch games.

Anandasama
07-31-2012, 01:47 AM
In this case you would have the focus anyway coz he was grounded.

And focus is easy to build from aerial/acro (knives prevent them from running away)or by taking advantage of a grounded target.

Darth Nibbles
07-31-2012, 09:18 AM
I've been using disguise/poison and mute/poison over the last couple of days, and it has helped me quite a bit. It forces you to go a bit slower than what I was previously doing, so that has been pretty beneficial actually. You're gameplay did help me quite a bit. If anything, I've come to realize that poison is almost a necessity in FFA modes, which is perfectly fine by me.