PDA

View Full Version : Dark Tunnels behind waterfall in "Lava Age"

snackbar2
01-04-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm curious. Behind the waterfalls there are two lanterns that I managed to get lit (not very hard), and then I noticed on the far left of the cave where the lanterns are, there is a dark portion, which, after an hour of navigation (very hard) I managed to come out one level higher than where I had started. I traveled along the ledge to another cave that was just as dark as the one I had just left. Is there anyone that knows if it is possible to take a lantern or a torch (light of any kind) into these tunnel/caves so that navigation is easier? Thanx.

snackbar2
01-04-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm curious. Behind the waterfalls there are two lanterns that I managed to get lit (not very hard), and then I noticed on the far left of the cave where the lanterns are, there is a dark portion, which, after an hour of navigation (very hard) I managed to come out one level higher than where I had started. I traveled along the ledge to another cave that was just as dark as the one I had just left. Is there anyone that knows if it is possible to take a lantern or a torch (light of any kind) into these tunnel/caves so that navigation is easier? Thanx.

Guiun_
01-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Yes.

Go out and seek light.

Ivy_Wood
01-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Yes, there is, but not something as simple as a torch you can just pick up. And, once you fint it, try not to disturb it too much. Tempermental is an understatement...

KI#: authentifailed

"Art is the imposing of a pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern."
~A.N.Whitehead

snackbar2
01-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Thanks! I'll use my mighty brainmeats to attempt to find a solution, however if someone could perhaps be a wee bit more forthcoming on a hint, that would be cool.
Alli

lash_73
01-04-2004, 10:23 PM
Hello Snackbar2, I've moved your thread over to the 'URU: Ages Beyond Myst (Alert Spoliers) Forum as this discussion is better held over there. People will not respond with help hints (spoilers) here.

Many Thanks,

Lashnatrook

dano83860
01-04-2004, 10:41 PM
This age has a sister age check there.

Cricket5
01-05-2004, 03:05 AM
SPOILER ALERT
Remember the lightning bugs? I'm not certain "tempermental" is the word I'd use, more like disliking of water and quick movements.
MORE SPOILERS
A bit of pre-preparation before retrieving the lightening bugs is needed. In particular, preventing them from needing to cross directly over water.

Hope this is enough. I must admit that even with these spoilers, there is still some thought necessary as to what needs to be done.

dano83860
01-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Nice HINT Cricket. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Cricket5
01-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks. I was trying very hard not to cross that line of giving everything away and providing just enough to still make it fun.

snackbar2
01-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks! Actually, my boyfriend was bugging me to go back and check up on the fireflies some more...but I wasn't listening to him originally! We completed it and got all 7 cloths! thanks again!