PDA

View Full Version : Why ACR sucked and still does.

DovahBear
07-28-2012, 11:09 PM
List of reasons

-Stun prompts being bright as day/Spammable stuns on any civilian without punishment
-Random disconnects (you really have no idea how annoying this crap is...)
-OP smoke bomb. Its came to the point were Defensive and Offensive players use it ALL THE TIME because you guys made it so ridiculously OP..
-Game will randomly freeze very similar to the Disconnects but even more so frustrating or the game itself with just turn off and go to PSN/Xbox Live menu

-Poison still allows you to stun other pursuer's which is bullcrap.
-Pursuers running through smoke bombs
-Ability failures (Really annoying to die because you have a awful bug in your coding..)
-Getting killed through chase breaker gates (seen it happen PLENTY of times not only to me)

-Stupid lag spikes (it happens ALOT in game and then we have the lag switchers seriously its extremely frustrating to have to wait 10 seconds for you to obtain the kill you earned and to show the animation only for the contract to end up stunning you out of no were and or die because its taking for ever to the stun to happen because of LAG)
-Runners aren't getting punished like you said they would they still run around freely without anything happening.
-Wanted was turned to a intense playing field to a bore because the RDM getting endless Discreets because your target will just keep running.(note : I do like RDM in SOME ways but i think it should be a game mode or removed because i had a lot more fun without it but thats just me we all have our opinion with it.)

-Sure stun locking doesn't exist anymore but believe it or not its still around and very stupid to have your Target not BOTHER to hide but to run around the level or the closet team mate to just stun only and not hide I don't CARE if it gets me more points you can get plenty without doing it. Yes i know your tweaking the stunning in AC3 so that the stun's aren't worth as much but you really only took 20 points off it, its still way to much.

Feel free to add more to the list in the comments. Thats why your game flopped..

OnlineSettings
07-28-2012, 11:29 PM
This is just the beginning.
May God have mercy on AC3's soul.

GameRenegade
07-28-2012, 11:46 PM
So far AC3 is looking alot like Revelations but they aren't done yet, maybe there is still some hope...

DovahBear
07-29-2012, 12:20 AM
So far AC3 is looking alot like Revelations but they aren't done yet, maybe there is still some hope...

it would be the very last chance they get from me.

obliviondoll
07-29-2012, 01:31 AM
List of reasons

-Stun prompts being bright as day/Spammable stuns on any civilian without punishment
-Random disconnects (you really have no idea how annoying this crap is...)
-OP smoke bomb. Its came to the point were Defensive and Offensive players use it ALL THE TIME because you guys made it so ridiculously OP..
-Game will randomly freeze very similar to the Disconnects but even more so frustrating or the game itself with just turn off and go to PSN/Xbox Live menu

-Poison still allows you to stun other pursuer's which is bullcrap.
-Pursuers running through smoke bombs
-Ability failures (Really annoying to die because you have a awful bug in your coding..)
-Getting killed through chase breaker gates (seen it happen PLENTY of times not only to me)

-Stupid lag spikes (it happens ALOT in game and then we have the lag switchers seriously its extremely frustrating to have to wait 10 seconds for you to obtain the kill you earned and to show the animation only for the contract to end up stunning you out of no were and or die because its taking for ever to the stun to happen because of LAG)
-Runners aren't getting punished like you said they would they still run around freely without anything happening.
-Wanted was turned to a intense playing field to a bore because the RDM getting endless Discreets because your target will just keep running.(note : I do like RDM in SOME ways but i think it should be a game mode or removed because i had a lot more fun without it but thats just me we all have our opinion with it.)

-Sure stun locking doesn't exist anymore but believe it or not its still around and very stupid to have your Target not BOTHER to hide but to run around the level or the closet team mate to just stun only and not hide I don't CARE if it gets me more points you can get plenty without doing it. Yes i know your tweaking the stunning in AC3 so that the stun's aren't worth as much but you really only took 20 points off it, its still way to much.

Feel free to add more to the list in the comments. Thats why your game flopped..
Lets dissect this, shall we?

-Stun prompt. Because of the limited range, wasn't such a problem in ACB. Because of the redesigned mechanics, won't be a problem in AC3. Cool. ACR loses to both.
-Disconnects. Happened occasionally in ACB on release, happened more after the pre-3.0 patch. Happens in ACR. No confirmation for AC3, but they had it working BETTER than it does now, and it's gone DOWNHILL since. If they improve it for AC3, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
-Smoke Bomb. Here's where things get stupid. Loomer's interview at E3 shows that the devs DON'T THINK THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH SMOKE IN REVELATIONS. They think it's working PROPERLY. But it's being given a MUCH-needed increase to its cooldown, and hopefully they'll tweak things around it as well. And also hopefully the Shield ability will be as good a counter to Smoke.
- Freezing. This was a problem in the first AC. They patched it, but it never went away completely, although it was reduced. Then it was a problem in AC2, as bad as the first game on release. They patched it (again) but it didn't totally go away, but again, it was only a rare occurence. Then it was a problem in ACB, but at the reduced rate we'd seen in AC2, and mostly limited to single player. In ACR, it's worse in multiplayer than it is in ACB's single player.

-Poison. This was stupid at the time, many of us keep pointing out why, and it doesn't seem like anyone is listening. A MAJOR part of the problem is the stun prompt though, and with that fixed it MIGHT be ok now.
-People running through Smoke. This is lag. Addressing this later.
-Ability failures. Lag.
-Killed through chase-breaker. Lag.

-Lag spikes. This was a VERY rare problem in pre-patch ACB, which Ubisoft only ADDED INTO THE GAME LATER. They promised to fix it, then didn't, then released ACR with the same problems.
-Runners. The "Ambush" bonus is a big point in favour of AC3 having an improved system, but we'll need to see it in action before we can give proper feedback (I don't know, maybe a beta would help with that? But no, that would be too much of a good idea)
-Wanted/RDM. They AREN'T going to give up on the Approach Meter, because it's Ubisoft. Fortunately, as mentioned above, the Ambush bonus SHOULD help to lessen the impact of this problem (I'm expecting not as much as the oft-repeated request for the meter to start at Silent, but at least they're TRYING to look like they're trying).

-Stunlocking. This was never a real problem except in Alliance. And even in Alliance it was only a problem because of glitchy targeting mechanics preventing it from being broken. For ACR, they removed stunlocking, and removed the one mode where stunlocking was a problem, but LEFT IN THE GLITCHY MECHANICS THAT MADE IT A PROBLEM. Not only left them in, but MADE THEM WORSE.

It definitely looks like AC3 will be a LARGE step up from ACR... but still way short of when ACB was at its best.

ThaFazz
07-29-2012, 02:21 AM
Yeah this is just the tip of the iceberg. I would contribute but i could go on forever about how bad this game is.

Black_Widow9
07-29-2012, 05:04 AM
Please post constructively in one of the Feedback threads for ACR constructively. If you have any ideas that are constructive for AC3 please post them in the threads found in the Sticky.
Thanks