PDA

View Full Version : Game stop after running...

irpr0kk
07-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Hello.

I have a weird problem with my game. I installed the game correctly, played a bit of the story and also played in co op with a friend, but now for NO reason my game doesn't want to launch.

I launch my game through steam as usual and when I select play it says "Game running...", then i get a quick black screen for like 1-2 second, and got the after game report "Thank you for playing splinter cell conviction" !

I tried everything, google it, re-dowload/install it again, even the uplay platform, verified the integrity of game cache... i'm really disapointed because I want to play this game so much and I find no solution for it... please help me. :[

Thanks.

Green.Hornet
07-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Hello irpr0kk... this occurs when Splinter Cell Conviction is installed and the game pre-configure's your PC Monitor's resolution and/or refresh rate "incorrectly". The quickfix is to change the default values in the ConvictionUserPC.ini file to your PC Monitor's "default/current" resolution and refresh rate. Locate the ConvictionUserPC.ini file (see Note) and highlight/right click/edit; this should open the file. Next, edit the lines of text (see Example) and change the values... lastly, save the ConvictionUserPC.ini file. Example:
Before
[DefaultVideoOptions]
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080
MaxRefreshRate=60

USER[/I]]
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080
MaxRefreshRate=60

[U]After
[DefaultVideoOptions]
FullscreenViewportX=1440
FullscreenViewportY=900
MaxRefreshRate=50

[UserVideoOptions.USER]
FullscreenViewportX=1440
FullscreenViewportY=900
MaxRefreshRate=50

Note: ProgramData folder is a hidden folder, so you will have to enable hidden folders to see it.
Windows7 file location:
C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction\ConvictionUserPC .ini
Windows XP file location:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users/Owner\Application Data\Ubisoft\Conviction\ConvictionUserPC.ini

Hope this helps... good luck.

irpr0kk
07-28-2012, 10:18 PM
It worked thanks alot. :)

I had a different resolution, because I played with a different monitor, which has a higher resolution than my usual one. Thanks again.

Green.Hornet
07-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Hello irpr0kk... no problem my friend. This particular problem/issue has been well known and documented by other forum members... I'm glad to help and hear you are up-n-runnin'... see you on the battlefield. Good luck.