PDA

View Full Version : Ambush bonus linked to Connors new hiding moves?

Assassinsyk
07-26-2012, 10:53 AM
I just realized, after a lot of speculation on what might be the criterias of getting this new bonus, that it might (should?) be directly linked to either one of the new moves of Connor, which we hopefully will get in the MP. Meaning either the one where he goes back to wall to wait for an unsuspecting victim to come walking by, or maybe the crouching (please god, include the crouch!) behind a low wall or something. I just really like a more controlled bonus (like acrobatic) over the vagueness of timing (like when leaving a blend), and this would make sense. No?

So, a question: can anyone confirm or deny that these new moves are included in the MP? Has anyone seen the ambush bonus in any of the gameplay we've seen so far?

HeJurm
07-26-2012, 11:10 AM
You get the ambush bonus if you kill your target in like 2 seconds after he comes in to your line of sight.

So no, theres no hiding moves like connor haves in the multiplayer

DarkDreamer95
07-26-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm pretty sure Damien Kieken confirmed that the character won't lean against the wall in loomer's first interview( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcSVklluIzQ&feature=youtu.be ) That was mostly because the head would be partially visible to your pursuers. The Ambush bonus is awarded if you've avoided staying out of your target's line of sight.

Assassinsyk
07-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Oh yeah, I remember it now that you mention it. Sounds silly though, one wouldn't need to lean out like in SP, but yeah. Still hoping for crouching though, it's ridiculous that a stealthy dude has to stand upright.

Again, has anyone seen or gotten the mechanics of Ambush confirmed, or is it just the consensus theory?

DarkDreamer95
07-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Even if you don't lean out, standing like that would make you REALLY conspicuous... You'd get killed really fast ;)
I wouldn't use that move much... so yeah. I'm happy with my swiveling camera. :P
I don't know the specifics of the Ambush bonus...

Assassinsyk
07-26-2012, 02:28 PM
True, but so does every Acrobatic position. You'd spot your target, get in position for the kill and could get it done within seconds if you time it right.