PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 will feature one of the best villain's in game + Comic Con Video

catkiller97
07-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Assassin's Creed 3 will feature one of the best villain's in games says Ubisoft (http://www.gamepur.com/news/8677-assassins-creed-3-will-feature-one-best-villains-games-says-ubisoft.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgrCQJuU67s

lonewarrior30
07-26-2012, 07:56 AM
New soundtrack <3

nightcobra
07-26-2012, 09:58 AM
so it's either a villain we love to hate or a villain that is likable and relatable making us root for him/her.

would be funny if it turned out to be one of the founding fathers.

Moultonborough
07-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Nice to hear. Should be cool to find out who it is.

POP1Fan
07-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Okay, but what I want to know is if I can beat up Washington.

Locopells
07-26-2012, 11:29 AM
The villains always get the best lines.

Saar Ben Kiki
07-26-2012, 11:34 AM
is this the new main soundtrack?
it was played during the road to e3 vid too....

MT4K
07-26-2012, 12:04 PM
is this the new main soundtrack?
it was played during the road to e3 vid too....

I believe Balfe confirmed on Twitter once that it was the new Main Theme for AC3.

POP1Fan
07-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Just so this disscusion to end sooner, I will spoil who the villian is.

The Dahaka.

NeroInfernoF7
07-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Love the new soundtrack too!

Aphex_Tim
07-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Ah, so all we need to do is travel back in time and make sure we don't f*** up the timeline again?

POP1Fan
07-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Ah, so all we need to do is travel back in time and make sure we don't f*** up the timeline again?

You should put spoiler at the beggining of the post xD

FirestarLuva
07-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Fantastic! Thanks for the video! :D

TheHumanTowel
07-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Seeing as we'll see a lot of the villain the obvious contender is George Washington or maybe Charles Lee. Whoever it is I'm happy to see them excited about their character. The Templars have turned into stereotypical bad guys after AC2.

alientraveller
07-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Crossing my fingers for more than one confrontation with Daniel.

MasterSimaYi
07-26-2012, 02:15 PM
The villains always get the best lines.

Like Mr. Freeze in Batman & Robin?

AnthonyA85
07-26-2012, 02:21 PM
I saw this yesterday on youtube.

I'm thinking we're gonna have another Al Mualim type of villain, someone who we don't know is a villain until very near (or right at) the end of the story. The video also said it's someone we'll be seeing a lot of in the story.

So i'm thinking it's definitely one of the founding fathers, so i'm calling it now: Charles Lee, OR, it's one of the other founding fathers, OR, it's Connor's father.

freddie_1897
07-26-2012, 02:27 PM

I'm thinking we're gonna have another Al Mualim type of villain, someone who we don't know is a villain until very near (or right at) the end of the story. The video also said it's someone we'll be seeing a lot of in the story.

So i'm thinking it's definitely one of the founding fathers, so i'm calling it now: Charles Lee, OR, it's one of the other founding fathers, OR, it's Connor's father.
or its both

Requiscent
07-26-2012, 02:32 PM
October is so close yet so far away...

SaintPerkele
07-26-2012, 03:33 PM
or its both
Nope, it has been confirmed that Charles Lee is not Connor's father, if that's what you mean.

According to Alex Hutchinson, Connor's British surname was accidentally released to the public, as it is taken from his British father, which Alex considers as a spoiler. And considering that his surname is not Lee..

RatonhnhakeFan
07-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Well, I think it will probably be Charles Lee

Nope, it has been confirmed that Charles Lee is not Connor's father, if that's what you mean.

According to Alex Hutchinson, Connor's British surname was accidentally released to the public, as it is taken from his British father, which Alex considers as a spoiler. And considering that his surname is not Lee..source please

DarkSolitude-X
07-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Cool info on the main villain.

And why aren't there hot gamer girls like that where I live? ....****it

freddie_1897
07-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Cool info on the main villain.

And why aren't there hot gamer girls like that where I live? ....****it
maybe their are hot gamer girls where you live, but they're avoiding you?

freddie_1897, crushing the self esteem of others since 19??.

DarkSolitude-X
07-26-2012, 04:44 PM
According to Alex Hutchinson, Connor's British surname was accidentally released to the public, as it is taken from his British father, which Alex considers as a spoiler. And considering that his surname is not Lee..

The only last name I know of is Kenway. Is there another? If so, what is it? Off the top of my head there is no British soldier with the last name of Kenway...

RatonhnhakeFan
07-26-2012, 04:46 PM
maybe their are hot gamer girls where you live, but they're avoiding you?ouch xD

AnthonyA85
07-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Maybe Connor's father is just some random british soldier

Poodle_of_Doom
07-26-2012, 05:13 PM

I'm thinking it might be Washington... since he's supposed to be one of Connors allies, and actually had a POE at one time. This would fit the theory, and would explain how washington got his POE for a time.[

Wow, you are really off base with that. They were talking about who the main antagonist could be....

FirestarLuva
07-26-2012, 05:27 PM

Alex never said that it was taken after his father, he just said it was a spoiler.

tarrero
07-26-2012, 07:13 PM
The soundtrack I would really want to "own" up to this moment, is the one heard on the beginning of the frontier demo, the Native chant make it very cool to me. And about the villian, I want a guy that could actually put up a fight!!!!! Like Robert de sable or Al mualim; I got tired of those old, fat and useless bastards like Manuel Palialogos, the Barbarigos and sort of. But I guess if the plot aound him is well done, it wont matter that much.

SaintPerkele
07-26-2012, 08:10 PM
source please
Searching for it right now, can't remember where it was.. But since I'm not the only one remembering it, it's definitely somewhere ;)

To be fair, it was never specifically said that it's his father's surname. But it's said that Connor's surname has been taken from his British heritage and that its reveal is considered as a spoiler, which strongly indicates that it's taken from his father who we most likely don't know at the beginning of the game.

The only last name I know of is Kenway. Is there another? If so, what is it? Off the top of my head there is no British soldier with the last name of Kenway...
Yep, that's the one we're talking about, I just didn't write it down as it has to be considered as a spoiler, although I'm sure everyone in this forum is aware of his name anyway ;) That's the thing.. I doubt that Connor's father will be a real person anyway. Desmond's ancestors have always been invented persons in all games, I can't imagine that they would change this for ACIII.

My assumption, although I could be wrong of course, is that Connor's father is a random, maybe somewhat high ranking, British soldier called Kenway.

POP1Fan
07-26-2012, 08:15 PM
The soundtrack I would really want to "own" up to this moment, is the one heard on the beginning of the frontier demo, the Native chant make it very cool to me. And about the villian, I want a guy that could actually put up a fight!!!!! Like Robert de sable or Al mualim; I got tired of those old, fat and useless bastards like Manuel Palialogos, the Barbarigos and sort of. But I guess if the plot aound him is well done, it wont matter that much.

Leandros had potential, yet he stood there like a litte *****.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Searching for it right now, can't remember where it was.. But since I'm not the only one remembering it, it's definitely somewhere ;)I do remember what interview you're talking about though, and he never said anything like that. His response was very vague and no one can be sure what exactly was he talking about except that he said Ratonhnhaké:ton's English last name is somehow spoilerific. He never confirmed "Kenway is from his father".

FirestarLuva
07-26-2012, 09:01 PM
I do remember what interview you're talking about though, and he never said anything like that. His response was very vague and no one can be sure what exactly was he talking about except that he said Ratonhnhaké:ton's English last name is somehow spoilerific. He never confirmed "Kenway is from his father".

Yes. The reason why I hope Lee's his father is because I want Connor to be born in 1755. To be more exact, I wanna play as someone young again. It would be kind of boring if he joined the Order when h e is 30. :/ Him joining the Order at 17 is far more likely, and it's said that after his village is burnt down he joins the Order, and since we're going to start playing as Connor 'from a very early age' I can guess his village will be burnt down when he is 10-12 and finds the Order a few years later. :P

tarrero
07-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Leandros had potential, yet he stood there like a litte *****.

True!! And regarding Connor´s origins.... Sure we can talk and develop theories about it, but for now it is pontless, you see "kenway" could be a made up last name that does not have anything to do with his parents.....

SaintPerkele
07-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Yes. The reason why I hope Lee's his father is because I want Connor to be born in 1755. To be more exact, I wanna play as someone young again. It would be kind of boring if he joined the Order when h e is 30. :/ Him joining the Order at 17 is far more likely, and it's said that after his village is burnt down he joins the Order, and since we're going to start playing as Connor 'from a very early age' I can guess his village will be burnt down when he is 10-12 and finds the Order a few years later. :P
Well, we already have screenshots of him as a child.. I'm very positive that we will play as Connor from the very beginning to the very end of his life ;)

And regarding Connor´s origins.... Sure we can talk and develop theories about it, but for now it is pontless, you see "kenway" could be a made up last name that does not have anything to do with his parents.....
I'm pretty sure (not a hundred percent though) that Alex mentioned Connor adopted the name from the British part of his family.. Until someone finds the interview though (I failed), I can only guess.

MasterSimaYi
07-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Yes. The reason why I hope Lee's his father is because I want Connor to be born in 1755.

Because Lee is the only person who could have had children with a Mohawk woman in 1755.

AssassinGame1
07-26-2012, 10:44 PM
I think it's going to be George Washington.

AnthonyA85
07-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Well, i just want to know what we're going to be doing in the 2 years before connor is even BORN, since i've read in a couple of articles (can't find them atmo) that the game's story starts in 1753, and he is born in 1755, and he joins the order in 1770, at 15.

And as for all those saying that the game will end with Connor dying, it only spans 30 years, it's gonna be a pretty short life if he snuffs it in his prime. I'm thinking that at the end of the game, IF we see Connor die, then we will see it through the eyes of his child/children, since we'll stop following connor as soon as they're conceived, which is more likely to happen at the end of the story.

ShaneO7K
07-26-2012, 11:52 PM
I hope the Order actually has a bigger part to play in the story than it did in AC2, the Assassins Order was basically non-exsistent until the end of the game in AC2 and even then it wasn't really much.

Locopells
07-27-2012, 12:32 AM
I hope the Order actually has a bigger part to play in the story than it did in AC2, the Assassins Order was basically non-exsistent until the end of the game in AC2 and even then it wasn't really much.

Well, that's kinda why Ezio's so significant - he pretty much rebuilt the order in that part of Europe.

tarrero
07-27-2012, 01:02 AM

However if you read legacy project on the wiki, there are several assassins, the ones with robes, throught Italy,

SaintPerkele
07-27-2012, 12:15 PM
However if you read legacy project on the wiki, there are several assassins, the ones with robes, throught Italy,
Yep. As much as I loved AC2, it did a poor job representing the assassins as a guild. I mean, there are loads of assassins, but Ezio is the only one wearing robes and actually doing something, which I found quite odd.

Besides AC1 of course, ACR did the best job when it comes to giving the feeling that the assassins are an active guild. I loved the missions where you could see some random assassins fighting guards while you do the stuff you have to do. However, I have to be honest, I don't really need that for ACIII. Storywise, it would make a lot of sense that there is not yet a huge active guild in North America.

tarrero
08-12-2012, 03:28 AM
"One of the best villians in games"

I was wondering if that villian belongs to the XVIII century part of the story, or the modern one......

LoyalACFan
08-12-2012, 05:20 AM
"One of the best villians in games"

I was wondering if that villian belongs to the XVIII century part of the story, or the modern one......

I'm assuming it's going to be Connor's enemy, since he said the villain in question hasn't been revealed yet, and it's a little late to be introducing a new villain for Desmond. They wouldn't have much time to develop the character, considering how short Desmond's portion will be in comparison to the historical parts.

Locopells
08-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Yep. As much as I loved AC2, it did a poor job representing the assassins as a guild. I mean, there are loads of assassins, but Ezio is the only one wearing robes and actually doing something, which I found quite odd.

Well, that's why Ezio is so significant in the Assassin's history - he basically rebuilt the order (in that part of the world) back to something close to what it had been in Altair's time.

AssassinVenice
08-13-2012, 03:37 AM
Love the new soundtrack too!

I have to disagree. The game has a different feel to it than it's predecessors but the likable formula is missing here, if the soundrack near the end was the Main Theme to the game, that is. That should be more like a chase theme. I hope the Main Theme is something as emotional as ACRs Main Theme. CAN'T WAIT!

NOLA_Assassin
08-13-2012, 10:44 AM
I think it's the leader of the Mohawks at the time: Johannes Tekarihoga. It would be a huge twist, his fight against the colonists could be something the Templars exploit to get them to join there cause, and this particularly interesting quote "During this war, Johannes Tekarihoga was the leader of the Mohawks. Johannes Tekarihoga died about 1780" I at least think this would be better because if there's a main villain, I want to kill him, and none of the Founding Fathers died before 1783. Charles Lee did die in 1782 so maybe...

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohawk_people#American_Revolutionary_War

RatonhnhakeFan
08-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Maybe Lee will be like Vader (went evil but redeemed at the end blah blah) and the real enemy will be pure evil like Palpatine? :p

LoyalACFan
08-14-2012, 02:17 AM
Maybe Lee will be like Vader (went evil but redeemed at the end blah blah) and the real enemy will be pure evil like Palpatine? :p

Yeah... Lee is Cornwallis' Sith apprentice ;)