PDA

View Full Version : Abstergo releasing animus to the general public?

xsatanicjokerx
07-25-2012, 07:56 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/bp9gj1/assassin-s-creed-iii-animus-cinematic--cam-

(This theory does not work if this video is aimed at us the players, but doesn't seem likely because most people are familiar with how the works)

From what i gathered from this video Abstergo is releasing the animus to the general public. Think about it doesn't it seem like an advertisement? They talk about competing with your friends and game mods. Language that you not be used if this was a private screening to Templar agents ( they are trained they don't play games) . This will make the modern day segments of the game very interesting as anyone is a potential sleeper agent. Anyone wearing a assassins logo would be attacked/captured on sight. This could be why Ubi game Desmond a tattoo, to act as a "bar code" for sleeper agents to recognize Desmond.
thoughts?

LoyalACFan
07-25-2012, 08:15 AM
Yes, they're selling them to the masses, and one of the buyers will probably be the modern-day protagonist of Liberation if you ask me.

Will_Lucky
07-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Yes, they're selling them to the masses, and one of the buyers will probably be the modern-day protagonist of Liberation if you ask me.

No Liberation is a game released by Abstergo to show a Gray area in the Assassin-Templar conflict.

GunnarGunderson
07-25-2012, 04:58 PM
I noticed when they were talking about giving loyal customers info on their company their was some red lettering that said "Erudito hack". I'm guessing the information Abstergo releases won't be what the public gets

piperdiaper13
07-25-2012, 05:20 PM
It could be a recruiting thing for the templar to recruit loyal people. So it seems that you will no longer be an agent under the themplar like ACR. It looks like you are now a person from the general public. I think they are marketing it like a new game console.

LoyalACFan
07-25-2012, 06:04 PM
No Liberation is a game released by Abstergo to show a Gray area in the Assassin-Templar conflict.

Yeah... And...? From what I'm seeing, it looks like Abstergo is treating the Animus like a video game console. It's probable that Liberation will be one of the "games" they release for the Animus. Because the cinematic released yesterday showed that people aren't just reliving their ancestor's memories, they're competing against friends in matches that obviously didn't happen historically. Liberation is probably a preprogrammed session built into the Animus, or at the very least someone's real genetic memory that they've made available to everyone.

piperdiaper13
07-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Yeah... And...? From what I'm seeing, it looks like Abstergo is treating the Animus like a video game console. It's probable that Liberation will be one of the "games" they release for the Animus. Because the cinematic released yesterday showed that people aren't just reliving their ancestor's memories, they're competing against friends in matches that obviously didn't happen historically. Liberation is probably a preprogrammed session built into the Animus, or at the very least someone's real genetic memory that they've made available to everyone.

Exactlly

RatonhnhakeFan
07-25-2012, 07:53 PM

Yup, pretty much. This Animus 'console' Abstergo releases is basically like DDS (relieving memories of people not related) + probably some virtual simulations too

Animus vs X360 fanboy wars start now! :p

POP1Fan
07-25-2012, 08:01 PM
By making Liberation, maybe the Templars are trying to make a session that will portray THEM as the good guys. I still think that Aveline is either a spy, a traitor, a templar or an evil assassin

Jexx21
10-08-2012, 04:28 AM
So.. witth the colors on the logo, does anyone else think that they're trying to make Animus a play on the Sony consoles? I mean, AC3:L is being released for the PS Vita, and the PS3 version of AC3 has extra missions.. wouldn't surprise me if the Animus is supposed to be the Playstation.

Evenesque
10-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Um, they made that video for the current status of the AC multiplayer in AC3.

i.e. it was released to the general public as an entertainment device, such is the backstory of the Multiplayer this time around.

Jexx21
10-10-2012, 02:55 AM
...We know...

xXRyzonXx
10-10-2012, 04:26 AM
That would be pretty dangerous thinking of how people can die, of prolonged exposure.

Evenesque
10-10-2012, 05:07 AM
Then what is this thread about.....