PDA

View Full Version : New Assassin's Creed III Animus Video

Nader-Abudiix
07-25-2012, 02:29 AM
Hey guys i just saw Gametrailer post a new video about the animus it showed how the animus works and explains MP, i like the new MP menus :D also nice to see Warren Vidic Return

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/bp9gj1/assassin-s-creed-iii-animus-cinematic--cam-

kriegerdesgottes
07-25-2012, 02:36 AM
Is that Vidic? It doesn't sound like him. Nice video though. I was hoping there might be something SP in there but better than nothing I guess.

Nader-Abudiix
07-25-2012, 02:54 AM
sounds alot like vidic but idk maybe its not him

Kestrel_OvO
07-25-2012, 02:54 AM
Nice.

- Around 17 Multiplayer characters
- The Black Bird (reminds me of Rev's Sentinel)
- The Commander (Male Redcoat)
- New game modes (Drive the Car, Open the Can, Meet Ted)

AssassinGame1
07-25-2012, 05:04 AM
I don't think Ubisoft made that, maybe some random AC fan...

HareyMon
07-25-2012, 06:53 AM
Either this is fan-made, or prepare yourself for some intense can-opening action!!!

massmurdera_666
07-25-2012, 06:57 AM
if it was fan made, the person did a very good job. i enjoyed it.

Kestrel_OvO
07-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Is it really fan-made? Looks real to me...

Serrachio
07-25-2012, 07:18 AM
It's probably official, though I doubt some information in it is concrete (Drive the Car etc.)

I have to say, the customization options that copy the ACR MP characters is just tacky.

Moultonborough
07-25-2012, 07:32 AM
I doubt it is fan made. Pretty cool to see, I didn't expect anything MP till GamesCom. I still like SP info better though. Good find.

POP1Fan
07-25-2012, 07:52 AM
Of course it's fan made, I mean every fan can hire the voice actor for one of the main characters in the game and make him give a 5 min speech.

dex3108BL
07-25-2012, 08:45 AM
It is not fan made. It's recorded with camera why should somebody make it and record with camera, video contains plenty of materials that is not available to public (menu, Erudito part etc.), and last but not least Gametrailers posted it without crediting anybody.

WolfTemplar94
07-25-2012, 08:53 AM
It's definitely real. Why would Gametrailers post a fanmmade video?

GLHS
07-25-2012, 09:33 AM
That's not Vidic. Doesn't even sound like him. You guys gotta remember that Vidic is just a part of their team. He's really not even that high up on the food chain. The CEO (Alan Rikkin) would make much more sense. Or one of the other higher-ups.

It looks really good, too. Great design. Very...Sony like, so it definitely makes it look like a real life video. And had a decent look into the Animus interface and things like that. Good promo vid for abstergo, and good promo vid for Ubi and multiplayer.

freddie_1897
07-25-2012, 09:48 AM
it's an advert for the animus by abstergo, so i'd imagine that they would have got someone to do the voiceover themselves. could be rikkin

Slayer_WTF
07-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Of course it's fan made, I mean every fan can hire the voice actor for one of the main characters in the game and make him give a 5 min speech.

I doubt that GameTrailers publish fan made video

DarkDreamer95
07-25-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm pretty sure POP1Fan was being sarcastic -_-

The animus is looking goood :) I can't wait :D

playassassins1
07-25-2012, 10:55 AM
No. It's not fan-made. Gametrailers uploaded it, And I don't think GT will put out something fanmade. And it looks legit to me, plus. The Animus interface looks real too.... GT even used it in a preview, so it has to be real.

POP1Fan
07-25-2012, 11:56 AM
I doubt that GameTrailers publish fan made video

lol.

De Filosoof
07-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Do you guys wanna know what i think?

I think the voice you hear is actually Vidic but without the "evil" tone.
You guys remember they said they wanted to show a more grey area between the templars and assassins?
I think they changed his character a little bit in AC3 and i don't know if i like it.

Norcent31
07-25-2012, 01:28 PM
So, are we still playing as Templar agents, or the customers of this product?

There also this gameplay(cam) on gametrailers from SDCC,
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/hotsfc/assassin-s-creed-iii-sdcc-2012--domination-multiplayer-gameplay--cam-
(if you notice, no bottom radar)

dxsxhxcx
07-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Do you guys wanna know what i think?

I think the voice you hear is actually Vidic but without the "evil" tone.
You guys remember they said they wanted to make a more grey area between the templars and assassins?
I think they changed his character a little bit in AC3 and i don't know if i like it.

Vidic the Templar ≠ Vidic the Abstergo scientist, in that video Abstergo is promoting the animus to the general public, so I don't think that Vidic (if the person speaking really is Vidic) would act/speak to the general public the same way he does with Desmond and the others that are aware of the templar vs assassin war...

SaintPerkele
07-25-2012, 02:28 PM
The idea behind this trailer is really smart and I appreciate this kind of advertising.

Some things in the trailer drew my attention to them..

First of all, the customization. I don't really like the idea of making my characters look like the Revelations characters, but maybe that's just either a small feature or it's not actually in the game.
Secondly, the 'game modes'. I'm pretty sure half of them are just fake and put in the video as a minor easter egg or because the HUD interface was not finished yet so they just put in some random things. For example (besides the obvious fake ones "Drive the car", "Open the can" and the meet-someone-thing), there was Capture the Flag and Steal the Artifact - both refer to the same game mode.
Thirdly, the "Erudito Hack", whatever that means. It just implies that Erudito will play a role in ACIII (as expected). Maybe it's going to be like Project Legacy, where Abstergo tries to influence the players but Erudito occasionally hacks the Animus in order to show us the truth about the Templars?
And lastly, the big discussion about the voice actor. It could very well be Vidic, but I doubt it. What really bothers me though.. Did they use a ****ty microphone or what? The voice acting is good, but the quality is horrible.

Turul.
07-25-2012, 03:21 PM
ubisoft doesnt release trailers and then say nothing about it.

it's unofficial. but well made. except for the audio, it sounds unprofessional and the script isn't very good

dex3108BL
07-25-2012, 03:28 PM
ubisoft doesnt release trailers and then say nothing about it.

it's unofficial. but well made. except for the audio, it sounds unprofessional and the script isn't very good

That is official Animus video from MP demo that was on conventions. It is recorded with camera and because of that audio is bad. I am sure that we will get something similar around Gamescom and it will be real trailer not recorded one. And i think that strange modes are only codename for real ones but they didn't want to reveal them in puplic.

SixKeys
07-25-2012, 03:31 PM
I can't believe we're even arguing about whether or not this is real. Of course it's real. GT has released cam trailers before, like the Boston demo without commentary.

Some of the stuff in the ad is deliberately not final. They have stuff like "Accolade for being Best of the Best" and "Here at the bottom of the screen you will see a scrolling newsfeed". Plus modes like "Open Can" and "Meet Ted". :D They're just placeholders for stuff they haven't officially announced yet. The character customization that's currently in place might not be final either. It's weird, for example, how they just blatantly recycle some character design elements from ACR.

The voice definitely doesn't sound like Vidic. Something about the accent/inflection is different. Not just the fact that it's missing the "evil" tone, but he's pronouncing things differently than Vidic would. This is supposed to be an ad made for the general public, it makes sense that Abstergo would hire a real voice-over instead of a scientist like Vidic to promote the product.

Either way, it's pretty cool. I just hope the customization ends up being different in the final game.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-25-2012, 04:11 PM
So Abstergo is releasing it as a 'home console' basically? Interesting. It's not reading the users own genetic memories right? It just reads the memories Abstergo released from what I see. So it's kind of more like DDS rather than Animus actually. Liberation will probably be another big 'game' on this console Abstergo prepares to release

SaintPerkele
07-25-2012, 05:08 PM
So Abstergo is releasing it as a 'home console' basically? Interesting. It's not reading the users own genetic memories right? It just reads the memories Abstergo released from what I see. So it's kind of more like DDS rather than Animus actually. Liberation will probably be another big 'game' on this console Abstergo prepares to release
Yup, it's basically the DDS, only that it delivers the same way of "experiencing" memories the Animus does instead of just turning them into text.

playassassins1
07-25-2012, 05:47 PM
The voice acting is good, but the quality is horrible.

Go to GT's youtube channel. They have the same video with way better quality.

Assassin's Creed III - Animus Cinematic (Cam) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KZEU3bKU7M)

dex3108BL
07-25-2012, 05:52 PM
And video is marked as private after 8-10 hours :D So video could be made for Gamescom but somebody leaked it :D

loomer979
07-25-2012, 07:03 PM
I can't believe it's being debated whether or not this is real. Anyway, here's the real story: at San Diego Comic Con if you left the multiplayer demo alone at the title screen instead of hitting start it would eventually start this cinematic. This was new for Comic Con, the E3 build would just play a sizzle reel for the single player if you left it alone. The devs let me hang around and check it out after they wrapped up one day before my interview with Damien and it's the exact same video. The devs weren't sure when (if ever) they were going to release the trailer but it definitely wasn't sent to the press. However it looks like GameTrailers was already recording multiplayer gameplay at SDCC with their handheld camera (that footage is still on their channel). I bet after they finished recording the gameplay they just hung around and grabbed the trailer too, hence why the video quality is cam footage although I guess they were able to tap directly into the audio. Judging from the takedown it's probably fair to say that they didn't actually have permission to record and post the cinematic footage.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Yup, it's basically the DDS, only that it delivers the same way of "experiencing" memories the Animus does instead of just turning them into text.Or maybe the DDS was able to play the memories just like Animus (not just via text) but Ubisoft decided to scrap the name 'DDS' and just call all kinds of machines that allow to relive memories in one way or another 'Animus', regardless where the relived memories come from (either from the user's own genome or 'farmed' memories placed in the system)

Well, guess the most important part is that Erudito is now confirmed for AC3 even though we've already saw that coming

It's funny that there's a Nintendo Wii in the list of different technologies lol (but they got the date wrong haha)

SixKeys
07-25-2012, 08:17 PM
One thing that confuses me is the mention of "Erudito hack" in (what is supposed to be) an official Abstergo video. Does that mean Erudito works for Abstergo?

RatonhnhakeFan
07-25-2012, 08:26 PM
One thing that confuses me is the mention of "Erudito hack" in (what is supposed to be) an official Abstergo video. Does that mean Erudito works for Abstergo?
Nah I think he probably just hacks into Animus Network to give Animus console users something. Like PSN hack ;P

NeroInfernoF7
07-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Here's the backup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGZVWdTx_uE

SixKeys
07-26-2012, 01:07 AM
Nah I think he probably just hacks into Animus Network to give Animus console users something. Like PSN hack ;P

I know his IN-GAME purpose is probably something like that, but if we take this ad at face value, as in imagine Abstergo is a real company developing a real Animus, why would they promote Erudito in their ads unless they had some positive connection with him/her/it?

AssassinGame1
07-26-2012, 03:11 AM
Its not the official Animus video, though

Locopells
07-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Its not the official Animus video, though

You sure? Damm good job if it ain't.

ShaneO7K
07-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Sounds like Alan Rikkin from AC1.

GLHS
07-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Sounds like Alan Rikkin from AC1.

Thank you, that's what I thought too. It would only make sense for the CEO of the company to be promoting Abstergo's next big thing.

And it is official and it is leaked. I don't think it was meant to come out yet, but for whatever reason, GameTrailers released it.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-26-2012, 02:48 PM
What is strange is, when the video is speeding through the long list of technological "advancements". if you pause around 0:35 you'll see what seems to be:

1994 - HIV positive inhibitor

I found this quite strange and thought provoking. And it does not sound like Vidic. I would say Alan Rikkin(he is CEO right?), some PR that is commercializing the product, or its a business man that works for Abstergo :D

ShaneO7K
07-26-2012, 03:26 PM
What is strange is, when the video is speeding through the long list of technological "advancements". if you pause around 0:35 you'll see what seems to be:

1994 - HIV positive inhibitor

I found this quite strange and thought provoking. And it does not sound like Vidic. I would say Alan Rikkin(he is CEO right?), some PR that is commercializing the product, or its a business man that works for Abstergo :D
Yeah, he is the CEO of Abstergo. It definitely sounded more like Alan than Vidic, and I would doubt that Vidic is a public figure for Abstergo.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Yeah, he is the CEO of Abstergo. It definitely sounded more like Alan than Vidic, and I would doubt that Vidic is a public figure for Abstergo.

That is true. Why would a scientist be selling a product ?!? CEO = most likely to sell products.

FrankieSatt
07-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Nice Video, but not reallly interesting to me. I'm playing the Single Player mode only.

Steww-
07-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Nice, motivation to play the Multiplayer.
However, I also have sympathy for those who can't get on/don't want to touch the MP :/

piperdiaper13
07-26-2012, 07:03 PM
I just thought of a reason why they are selling it to the public. They could be looking for other modern-day assassins. Since they own the system they can just look through the data base and see who's ancestor's are assassins, grab the guy and stick capture him like desmond. Even connor and Aveline could be ancestors of other people. What do you guys think?

RatonhnhakeFan
07-26-2012, 07:18 PM
I just thought of a reason why they are selling it to the public. They could be looking for other modern-day assassins. Since they own the system they can just look through the data base and see who's ancestor's are assassins, grab the guy and stick capture him like desmond. Even connor and Aveline could be ancestors of other people. What do you guys think?It's possible. Selling the machine as a game console to get a huge data of genetic memories. But I think this would be done without the users' knowledge and the only memories customers would be able to 'play' would be those released by Abstergo. If the machine just allowed everyone to view whatever memories from their DNA they liked, they would have millions of people discovering all the secret stuff Abstergo wants to remain hidden.

piperdiaper13
07-26-2012, 07:41 PM
It's possible. Selling the machine as a game console to get a huge data of genetic memories. But I think this would be done without the users' knowledge and the only memories customers would be able to 'play' would be those released by Abstergo. If the machine just allowed everyone to view whatever memories from their DNA they liked, they would have millions of people discovering all the secret stuff Abstergo wants to remain hidden.

well they could let them use their ancestor's character and setting as a map and MP character to use in MP with their friends. And when they see your ancestor is a Templar/Assassin, they'll try to get as much info out of you as possible. I still think Connor and Aveline are other people's ancestor's and Desmond is still part of the story in the modern world, so he is still part of the game. At the very least the MP characters are people's ancestors.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-27-2012, 02:42 AM
well they did make the TV read people's biometric data and also hypnotize them, in order to replicate the effects of the PoE's. It is only natural they they do the same with online gaming....Kind of what the Templars in the phone records of the rifts in AC:B were talking about...not making MP too utopic !?? was that a hint ? lol I think we are seeing these things from brotherhood come into fruition in AC3....which might also hint that they will be answer a lot of questions that were raised in AC:B :D!!!!!!!!

De Filosoof
07-27-2012, 01:46 PM
It's possible. Selling the machine as a game console to get a huge data of genetic memories. But I think this would be done without the users' knowledge and the only memories customers would be able to 'play' would be those released by Abstergo. If the machine just allowed everyone to view whatever memories from their DNA they liked, they would have millions of people discovering all the secret stuff Abstergo wants to remain hidden.

Yeah, this is the only way it would make sense because if everybody could relive memories from their ancestors they would discover many uncomfortable truths for Abstergo.
It would only make sense if they already controlled the people with eye Abstergo.

piperdiaper13
07-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Yeah, this is the only way it would make sense because if everybody could relive memories from their ancestors they would discover many uncomfortable truths for Abstergo.
It would only make sense if they already controlled the people with eye Abstergo.

Thank you. It does make sens.

pacmanate
07-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Looks like this was leaked footage!

http://www.nextgenupdate.com/content.php?r=612-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Multiplayer-Story-Hinted-During-a-Pulled-Trailer

piperdiaper13
07-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Looks like this was leaked footage!

http://www.nextgenupdate.com/content.php?r=612-Assassin-s-Creed-III-Multiplayer-Story-Hinted-During-a-Pulled-Trailer

They will probably release it at gamescom.