PDA

View Full Version : AC2 Replayability Patch

rob.davies2014
07-24-2012, 09:56 PM
I realise that this thread may be inappropriate, considering that a similar one has been locked already, but I'll risk it. I think now would be a good time for Ubisoft to develop a patch to make AC2 replayable; as AC3 development draws to a close and before they start on their next big game. Many people would appreciate this, I think it's a huge shame that they developed such a brilliant game but which has to be played through once and then started again, when there are so many enjoyable memories all over the game. I think it would be especially appreciated by those who bought the DLC for the 2 missing sequences. It's tiring playing all the way through the game to reach these memories for which we payed. For Ubi, it could be advantageous in the sense that it encourages fans to revisit that part of the franchise and remind them of its brilliance .A thread like this was locked a while ago but I think it's still a popular idea amongst fans and hopefully if this thread receives enough attention, Ubi may consider it.

LoyalACFan
07-24-2012, 10:01 PM
I totally agree. The DNA interface was obviously set up to relive memories (why else give players the ability to look at and scroll through completed memories?) and why they didn't allow it was beyond me. That said, it ain't gonna happen.

AnthonyA85
07-24-2012, 10:35 PM
I also agree. Though LoyalACfan is right, it won't happen.

Besides, memory replay functionality WAS patched into the PS3 version of the game, just not the Xbox or PC versions.

SixKeys
07-24-2012, 10:40 PM
The replayability was definitely originally meant to be a feature. There's a demo video somewhere of the assassination mission where you have to kill a merchant surrounded by guards at the market and at the end of the video the "100% sync" notification pops up.

A patch is not going to happen anymore, though. Maybe years down the road when they bring out the games in an HD collection or something, but for now they've got more important projects to worry about.

Moultonborough
07-24-2012, 10:42 PM
I also agree. Though LoyalACfan is right, it won't happen.

Besides, memory replay functionality WAS patched into the PS3 version of the game, just not the Xbox or PC versions.

When? I never heard about it. The only memories in AC 2 you can replay is the Assassin Tombs, nothing else.

AnthonyA85
07-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Oh, it was just the tombs? I didn't know that, I saw someone doing a lets play of AC2 on youtube and i noticed she replayed the tombs, i thought she could do the rest too.

rob.davies2014
07-30-2012, 02:47 AM
I had no idea the tombs were replayable! When I discovered that the main memories were unplayable, I assumed the less important missions wouldn't be replayable either and didn't check. Thanks that'll keep me occupied :)
I concede that it's very unlikely of happening, but I never let that deter me. I've made a petition for the case. Please sign :)
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ubisoft-release-a-patch-for-assassin-s-creed-2-to-make-memories-replayable#

nms523
12-27-2012, 07:38 PM
How about a puppeteering patch to match AC3. I'm having a super hard time trying to do that advanced jump move in the last tomb, could they make it any harder, jeez.

Funbun777
12-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Yes we need this

Someone should seriously stArtva petetion

dazzlerazzle84
12-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Internet petition for a old game , you think ubisoft does even give a tiny itsy bit of a **** ? No they dont

TheSpong
12-28-2012, 07:17 AM
If Ubi couldn't be bothered to patch the bugs with the DLC for AC2 when it was new, I can't see them suddenly going back to the game and adding something as frivolous as a replay memory option. There's no money in it for them. Besides, why anyone would want to willingly replay the Bonfire DLC is beyond me. It's the same memory nine times over (just in different locations dotted about Florence), it's the very definition of tedious.

ACfan443
12-28-2012, 11:24 AM
I don't get why you couldn't replay memories in AC2, even AC1 let you replay memories.