PDA

View Full Version : So, what's "Assassin's Creed 3 Rise" going to be?

RatonhnhakeFan
07-24-2012, 04:06 AM
Ubisoft registered a bunch of websites all revolving around the name "Assassin's Creed 3 Rise": http://fusible.com/2012/06/ubisoft-registers-over-two-dozen-game-domains-hinting-at-sequels-and-more/

What do you think it's gonna be? Live-action mini-movie/mini-series? After all, 'Rise' was the title of the live-action trailer they've released on July 4.

But it's also possible that it may be a sequel to AC3, considering that all other websites they've registered were for games, not movies/shows.

One thing for sure, it's gonna be a major project. They wouldn't register a website just for a trailer

jzsnyder
07-24-2012, 04:35 AM
Could be for some of the possible large DLC Ubi's been planning?

GunnarGunderson
07-24-2012, 05:09 AM
Didn't Ubisoft say they were still working on a 3DS game after Lost Legacy was morphed into Revelations?

stargate55555
07-24-2012, 05:17 AM
I am still waiting for the big screen movie. After Lineage I was sooooo hyped up I couldn't wait for any info related to AC.

EscoBlades
07-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Simple IP protection in most cases. Cheaper to register pre-emptively rather than pay more to get it back off some opportunist.

Slayer_WTF
07-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Simple IP protection in most cases.

Exactly.

Mr_Shade
07-24-2012, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't read too much into it - they often do this kind of thing.. just in case they decide to go ahead with it...

Rise - could link into anything really..

A competition..

Advertising.... [like the recent trailer showing normal people rising up... ;) ]

soft drink....

MT4K
07-24-2012, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't read too much into it - they often do this kind of thing.. just in case they decide to go ahead with it...

Rise - could link into anything really..

A competition..

Advertising.... [like the recent trailer showing normal people rising up... ;) ]

soft drink....

I'd love an assassin's creed drink... The awesome drink of the assassins!

After a hard day of killing Templars. Relax. With assassin-cola!!

EscoBlades
07-24-2012, 11:31 AM
I'd love an assassin's creed drink... The awesome drink of the assassins!

After a hard day of killing Templars. Relax. With assassin-cola!!

The Shirley Templar (http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/54/36/b4cc96c7bd00beed372177811f787577.jpg)

reddragonhrcro
07-24-2012, 11:46 AM
That would b cool.
Wish i could try this,Biohazard/Resident Evil 3 herb cocktail
http://gameswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/threeherbcocktail.jpg

LoyalACFan
07-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Assuming they actually use it, it sounds like it could be some sort of film tie-in. Every AC so far has gotten one, excluding AC1. Here's hoping it's live action, though, since having an all-new crop of characters will give them the freedom to do that. Lineage was much better than Embers, and 1000000x better than Ascendance... :nonchalance:

FirestarLuva
07-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Assuming they actually use it, it sounds like it could be some sort of film tie-in. Every AC so far has gotten one, excluding AC1. Here's hoping it's live action, though, since having an all-new crop of characters will give them the freedom to do that. Lineage was much better than Embers, and 1000000x better than Ascendance... :nonchalance:

Yeah, I hope it's live action! Wonder who'll play Connor and the other characters? Will it be set after AC3? So many feels right now! XD

WolfTemplar94
07-24-2012, 09:25 PM
I think it will mostly be to stop anyone from using those sites, rather than making those sites to use each one individually. They'll likely redirect to one site.

LoyalACFan
07-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I hope it's live action! Wonder who'll play Connor and the other characters? Will it be set after AC3? So many feels right now! XD

If they do make a movie, I imagine it will be set before AC3 starts, or shortly after it. Maybe show Connor's Assassin training after his village burned.

FirestarLuva
07-25-2012, 12:12 AM
If they do make a movie, I imagine it will be set before AC3 starts, or shortly after it. Maybe show Connor's Assassin training after his village burned.

Won't they show that in the game?

kudos17
07-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Watchdogs (2-5)? Wow, jumping the gun there a little... a lot... :rolleyes:

Also, I thought "RISE" was just a common theme? Like, y'know, "Rise Against the Oppressors". A tag line. A motto. Not a spin-off, or a game, or anything...

LoyalACFan
07-25-2012, 01:38 AM
Won't they show that in the game?

Maybe, maybe not. We didn't see Altair's training in AC1, nor Ezio learning to free-run in AC2. They might skip from showing him witness the village burn to being initiated into the Order, like they skipped from Ezio's birth to just before the executions.

jzsnyder
07-25-2012, 05:13 AM
Maybe, maybe not. We didn't see Altair's training in AC1, nor Ezio learning to free-run in AC2. They might skip from showing him witness the village burn to being initiated into the Order, like they skipped from Ezio's birth to just before the executions.

I'm quite sure that they will. Not necessarily Connor's training, but at least his initiation. Remember when Ezio uncovered the Assassin Robes in AC2? Yeah, I suspect it will be something like that.

FirestarLuva
07-25-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm quite sure that they will. Not necessarily Connor's training, but at least his initiation. Remember when Ezio uncovered the Assassin Robes in AC2? Yeah, I suspect it will be something like that.

I'm sure we will play as Connor while he still lives in the village. Alex said that they even hired native american voice actors for the language, culture and other stuff. I'm pretty sure Sequence 1 will be Connor in his village as a child, showing the new, basic things, you know, climbing trees, hunting and will end when Connor's village is burnt down. Similar to Ezio when we play with him as a Florentine noble until his father and brothers got executed.