PDA

View Full Version : New Rig too fast for Splash Screen?

fknox
07-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Here's a good one for you guys to figure out. Well I got my new CyberPower game rig, i7 3770 3.8ghz, 16gb Ram, GTX 680, 2TB HDD, Win7 Home 64 bit, and I've been busy loading all of my IL-2 stuff onto it. 1946, 4.08, 4.09, 4.10 and 4.101. I'm pretty sure they've all loaded fine because it launched after each install, but the rig is so fast that I never see the splash screen to confirm the version I'm on. It goes from double click the exe to dark screen to Main Menu. I'm guessing once I dump huge Mod Packs on top of my 2 extra copies it may take a little longer to load and I'll see it but has anyone else experienced this? Is there any other way to confirm what version I'm on besides the splash screen.? Any help would be appreciated. F.

Tully__
07-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Check the plane list in QMB will tell what planes are available. Also the map list in FMB. That should give you an idea what version you're on when you compare with the readme files for each patch.
A quicker way might be to compare the dates and sizes on the .sfs files in the game folder, but I don't know what they should be for each version. It's even possible that the dates will vary depending on where you got your patches.
I've seen a couple of people using Solid State Drives (SSD's) report the same issue.