PDA

View Full Version : Who would win a fight between Altair and Ezio?

XxSYD3WINDERxX
07-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Who do you think would win a fight between Altair and Ezio, technological advancements aside i.e. no hidden guns/poison darts/bombs for Ezio, just a straight up sword fight.

I'm betting on Altair, he was ****ing ruthless in AC and I reckon he would tear Ezio apart. Plus, he has much more grit, he made it to the ripe old age of 92, whereas Ezio only got to a meagre 65 (still very impressive for that period).

Who do you think would win?

Slayer_WTF
07-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Mmh.. is not something you can "measure". Depends on the circumstances.

WolfTemplar94
07-21-2012, 06:05 PM
It's hard to say, because Ezio had an easier game. I think Altair is a better assassin, but Ezio is better at straight up combat.

EscoBlades
07-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Talked about this on a previous podcast actually.

Tough to make a straight comparison, but my money would be on Ezio just edging it in pure combat. As an Assassin though, Altair beats him hands down.

FirestarLuva
07-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Altair.

jzsnyder
07-21-2012, 07:52 PM
This has been discussed before, and I think the general consensus is that, when each are only given swords, Ezio would win.

Sarari
07-21-2012, 08:06 PM
I think Ezio would win in a hand to hand battle. But when it comes to sword fighting / dagger fighting, I think Altair's got it.

SleezeRocker
07-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Who would win a fight 'between' Altair and Ezio: Batman! :)

http://jennifersikora.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/batman_imax.jpg

Joking aside, Altair is the better and wiser 'Assassin' but Ezio is the better combatant I'd say

tarrero
07-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Although Altair is overall the better assassin out of the two, Ezio seems to be a better fighter.

Krayus Korianis
07-21-2012, 08:24 PM
They'd sit down and share a drink... Why fight an Assassin Brother?

nightcobra
07-21-2012, 08:43 PM
what would probably happen if they'd actually meet:p

Altair:ليس هناك ما هو صحيح ... (Nothing is true...)

Ezio: ...Tutto permesso (...Everything is permitted)

*phylosophical conversation ensues*

altair: يكون جيدا يا صديقي، اذهب الآن وتكون مع زوجتك وعائلتك. (be well my friend, now go and be with your wife and family.)

ezio: ringrazio fratello mio, stato un onore. (thank you my brother, it has been an honor.)

Slayer_WTF
07-21-2012, 08:48 PM
what would probably happen if they'd actually meet:p
Ezio: ...Tutto permesso (...Everything is permitted)

No, In the Italian version says:

Nulla reale, tutto lecito.

:D

nightcobra
07-21-2012, 08:55 PM
No, In the Italian version says:

Nulla reale, tutto lecito.

:D

my italian's a bit rusty.

what the heck i'll just say it was an animus glitch. XD

Slayer_WTF
07-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Ahaha. xD

LoyalACFan
07-22-2012, 12:12 AM
I'm betting on Altair, he was ****ing ruthless in AC and I reckon he would tear Ezio apart. Plus, he has much more grit, he made it to the ripe old age of 92, whereas Ezio only got to a meagre 65 (still very impressive for that period.)

I tend to think Altair's Apple was prolonging his life, kind of like Tolkien's One Ring. 92 was unbelievably old for the 1200s, especially for someone who had lived such a hard, battle-ridden life as Altair. And yes, while it could be argued that Ezio had an Apple as well, he really didn't have it for long (it was stolen by Savonarola a few days after he first acquired it in Venice, he didn't reclaim it until 1498, Cesare stole again in 1500, and he finally stowed it away in the Colosseum vault three years after reclaiming it in 1503) and he didn't use it as extensively as Altair, who studied it day in and day out for nearly seventy years straight. Not to mention the fact that Altair was visibly weakened after hiding his Apple away, and he died seconds later after showing no signs of frailty beforehand.

Anyway, on-topic... In the scenario of this thread, Ezio wins in a straight-out fight hands down.

Felix-Vivo
07-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Ezio seems much better and more efficient at combat. Altair is the better Assassin.

OriginalMiles
07-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Alty.

POP1Fan
07-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Who ever said that Altair would win in hand to hand or sword to sword combat is very far away.
Ezio is defintley the better fighter, both in hand to hand, and also the variety of weapons he masters makes him the better weapon wielder too.
Altair is the better stealth guy, who can kill anyone and can't be seen.And the fact that he lived to 90 is just a stupid thing to say regarding your question.He only lived so long because the Apple was keeping him alive.He spent most of his life studying the POE and as soon as he left it he died.And before you come with a "derp" statement like "Ezio had the Apple too", Ezio never kept the POE for so long.As a matter of fact it only rarely stayed in his possesion: it was left in Forli, then taken by the Orsi and Savonarola, then by Cesare and after that he locked it in the Vault.

Sarari
07-22-2012, 09:07 PM
I would like to say something about Altair's age. People in his time, or actually B.C., around the time the Jews were freed from slavery in Egypt, people lived to be around 80's and 90's. Sometimes to 100's. This is because if anybody ever wanted to go somewhere, it was always walking. Day and night walking to your destination. They also didn't have much disease in the middle east. Usually the diseases were up in Europe. So that didn't play much of a role. And another big thing is the food. They didn't have sweets. And IF they did, it would barely have anything sugary on it. Let's say they were to eat chicken. As people today, we'd fry it, bake it, etc. Back then, they just cooked it till you can eat it, and maybe add some salt if they had some with them.

My point is, is that people back then were much more fit than us now. If someone from the past came to our era, they'd probably win the 40 yard dash, or be an extremely athletic person.

And remember, just because you go through hard ships in your life, doesn't mean it breaks your body down and makes you weaker. It does the opposite. It makes you stronger.

LoyalACFan
07-22-2012, 10:20 PM
And remember, just because you go through hard ships in your life, doesn't mean it breaks your body down and makes you weaker. It does the opposite. It makes you stronger.
That's not entirely true. There's a huge difference between maintaining your body through constant exercise and wearing it down through years of strain. If you know how to exercise safely and do it religiously, you'll probably be in good shape well into your old age. However, the kind of crap Altair did will actually age you faster. Human joints can only take so much punishment. After decades of relentless hard impacts, battle injuries, jumping off rooftops, and slamming swords into enemy armor, Altair would have most likely been an arthritic mess by his 60s.

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Ezio fought in Fight Clubs, so I'll have to go with him. Look at him when he's topless too, he's pretty ripped.

Sarari
07-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Ezio and Altair were both ripped. Remember that Altair is 6 ft tall and weighs 170 lbs....I weigh 185 lbs and I'm 5'11'. That means he had to be cut as well.

freddie_1897
07-23-2012, 10:41 AM
who would win, Ezio or Agent 47?

OriginalMiles
07-23-2012, 12:31 PM
who would win, Ezio or Agent 47?
Well, 47 has a gun.