PDA

View Full Version : AEP Catch 22? O what to do.

EldOVed
03-04-2004, 06:02 AM
I live in northern europe, I have AEP. My favorite online server is always very late with up dates and patches. Plus the fact it won't be released here for at least a week, maybe 2.

My qusetion is could I have 2 installs of FB?

Like one on C:(AEP) and one on E: (1.22)
Think the w2k registry would have a tizzy girly fit spazum about this? or think it might work?

EldOVed
03-04-2004, 06:02 AM
I live in northern europe, I have AEP. My favorite online server is always very late with up dates and patches. Plus the fact it won't be released here for at least a week, maybe 2.

My qusetion is could I have 2 installs of FB?

Like one on C:(AEP) and one on E: (1.22)
Think the w2k registry would have a tizzy girly fit spazum about this? or think it might work?

Huxley_S
03-04-2004, 06:11 AM
Where did you get AEP from then?

EldOVed
03-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Huxley_S:

Well "inspector Huxley_S:"
I pre ordered, bought it here:

Skulle nedanst√¬•ende information inte vara korrekt ber vi Dig kontakta oss omg√¬•ende.

S√¬§ndning 1 (Kommer prelimin√¬§rt att skickas p√¬• torsdag):
24172: IL2 - Forgotten Battles - Aces Expansion * - PC [2004-02-20] 1 st √ 219 kr
08790: Rainbow Six 3 - Raven Shield - Ubisoft Exclusive - PC 1 st √ 129 kr

Webhallen Sverige AB
Adolf Fredriks Kyrkogata 13
111 37 Stockholm

And of course Iv been using the internet since 1998 and gaming since the 386 was around. I have good contacts in America and even a few friends.

Do you have an idea for my delima or are just busting my balls?

JG5_Emil
03-04-2004, 06:37 AM
Just make a copy of the folder and go right a head. As you might know you can tell HL to run the game from different locations so you can have as many copies on your HD as you like. AEP seems to be best installed over version 1.0 btw.

I have done the same thing here I have 1.22 and 1.21 on Drive D and AEP on e another drive...I will probably move this lot to the D drive just to keep thingts tidy.

No problems with the registry.

Huxley_S
03-04-2004, 06:38 AM
I would guess that if you copy your original install to another drive and then install AEP over the original you would have exactly what you want.

EldOVed
03-04-2004, 07:07 AM
Good ideas guys. Copy the whole folder then patch. Insted of installing FB from the ground up. Geez, sometimes can't see the trees cause of the forest.

thx

Rajvosa
03-04-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by EldOVed:

Originally posted by Huxley_S:

Well "inspector Huxley_S:"
I pre ordered, bought it here:

Skulle nedanst√¬•ende information inte vara korrekt ber vi Dig kontakta oss omg√¬•ende.

S√¬§ndning 1 (Kommer prelimin√¬§rt att skickas p√¬• torsdag):
24172: IL2 - Forgotten Battles - Aces Expansion * - PC [2004-02-20] 1 st √ 219 kr
08790: Rainbow Six 3 - Raven Shield - Ubisoft Exclusive - PC 1 st √ 129 kr

Webhallen Sverige AB
Adolf Fredriks Kyrkogata 13
111 37 Stockholm

And of course Iv been using the internet since 1998 and gaming since the 386 was around. I have good contacts in America and even a few friends.

Do you have an idea for my delima or are just busting my balls?

I also ordered my copy from Webhallen, and they say they'll send it on 19/3. So how the hell did you get your copy?

Regards,

Jasko

http://startrek.gamer.hr/trekologija/vrste/ljudi.4.gif

Bansai Potato
03-04-2004, 09:07 AM
There is a very simple way of running two versions off of 1 hard drive.

Simply copy your 1.22 folder onto the hard drive, but rename the folder FB 1.22, then upgrade your original copy to AEP. At this point you should have your original FB installation upgraded to AEP, and another folder which contains FB 1.22. If you want to play AEP through hyperlobby just play as normal so long as you installed AEP to your original FB folder, then if you decide that you want to play 1.22 again, simply change the name of the FB AEP folder to something else and re-name the 1.22 folder to the launch path of HL.

For example my default FB directory would be D:\Games\FB so when i went from 1.11 to 1.22 i simply copied 1.11 to another folder called D:\Games\FB 1.11 then upgraded D:\Games\FB to 1.22, now whenever i decide to play 1.11 i simply call my FB folder FB 1.22 and rename FB 1.11 to FB and HL will always launch the same path D:\Games\FB, so just a simple name change is all it takes.

If you can make sense of that your doing better than i am, i just wrote it and it no longer makes sense :-)

Classic

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/Ede_EAF92/EAF/24890632.92EastIndiaSquadronpersonnel.jpg