PDA

View Full Version : East Coast power outage causes Ritalin shortage...

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 01:39 AM
...prompting over-amped kids to flood Il-2 FB forums with trash talking posts.
Seriously, I know it's the kiddies first week back at school, and a lot of them are hyped on their first weekend off, but what's with all the juvenile posts? Some of them can be attributed to the usual suspect Trolls, looking to stir the pot, but at least some of these are actually kiddies with the patience of Robert Downey at a coke rave.
A note to the kiddies. A lot of us on the forums are 30+ years old, and learned to type on a typewriter, not a computer. We had old ladies/nuns ready to whack us on the knuckles if we typed incorrectly. As a result we are incapable of easily translating "ME109 1S DUH B0M!!! 1T RULZ!!!" into understandable English. The native tongue of this board is English (American or the King's variety), not net-speak. Please have pity on us old folks and try to use English, especially if you are looking for help.
If you don't like how you're favorite ride flies after the patch, don't use the pre-patch performance as proof that the flight model is wrong. FB is not trying to simulate a simulator; it's trying to simulate actual aircraft. In most cases the previous FM was incorrect, and the new version is more accurate. If you disagree, post something more productive than "OLEEG SUX!!!", like flight data, or sound reasoning. I'll warn you, this may require picking up a book with few pictures, and reading for comprehension.
Let the kiddy flames commence! Note: I may require the services of a translator to understand just how I am about to be insulted.

Blotto

"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter craft, no matter how technically advanced." - A. Galland

"Look, do you want the jets, or would you rather I slap the props back on?" - W. Messerschmitt

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 01:39 AM
...prompting over-amped kids to flood Il-2 FB forums with trash talking posts.
Seriously, I know it's the kiddies first week back at school, and a lot of them are hyped on their first weekend off, but what's with all the juvenile posts? Some of them can be attributed to the usual suspect Trolls, looking to stir the pot, but at least some of these are actually kiddies with the patience of Robert Downey at a coke rave.
A note to the kiddies. A lot of us on the forums are 30+ years old, and learned to type on a typewriter, not a computer. We had old ladies/nuns ready to whack us on the knuckles if we typed incorrectly. As a result we are incapable of easily translating "ME109 1S DUH B0M!!! 1T RULZ!!!" into understandable English. The native tongue of this board is English (American or the King's variety), not net-speak. Please have pity on us old folks and try to use English, especially if you are looking for help.
If you don't like how you're favorite ride flies after the patch, don't use the pre-patch performance as proof that the flight model is wrong. FB is not trying to simulate a simulator; it's trying to simulate actual aircraft. In most cases the previous FM was incorrect, and the new version is more accurate. If you disagree, post something more productive than "OLEEG SUX!!!", like flight data, or sound reasoning. I'll warn you, this may require picking up a book with few pictures, and reading for comprehension.
Let the kiddy flames commence! Note: I may require the services of a translator to understand just how I am about to be insulted.

Blotto

"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter craft, no matter how technically advanced." - A. Galland

"Look, do you want the jets, or would you rather I slap the props back on?" - W. Messerschmitt

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 01:45 AM
u sux hax0r d00d!!!!! i am l33t!..

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 01:47 AM
As OT as the rest - Locking

<p align="center">
<A HREF="http://mudmovers.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ.htm" TARGET=_blank>
Unofficial IL-2 Community FAQ</font></A>

<fontsize=2>Hunter82's Tech Pages (http://mudmovers.com/tech/tech_pages.htm)
Forgotten Battles Reality Check (http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_065a.html)
</font></p>