PDA

View Full Version : So can anyone fill me in on this?

DudeTD388
07-20-2012, 03:12 AM
So blowing of the long wait for AC3, I was searching around for info I hadn't seen. I heard some information here and there (some more exciting than others) the most unfortunate was the news of no Beta this year.

While easy to move past, I happened across some info that was a tad confusing. It was...well I'll let you see:

http://www.dualshocknexus.com/2012/07/assassins-creed-iii-multiplayer-closed.html?m=1

I know that that has zero credibility as far as "officical" goes...perhaps one of you fine well informed people could fill in a less informed Dude?

Thanks in advance

rileypoole1234
07-20-2012, 03:17 AM
You're right about the zero credibility. The picture looks real enough to me though, and I'm assuming that Ubisoft would be testing the multiplayer somehow, I'm just not sure it would be that way. It's certainly possible though.

DudeTD388
07-20-2012, 03:21 AM
You're right about the zero credibility. The picture looks real enough to me though, and I'm assuming that Ubisoft would be testing the multiplayer somehow, I'm just not sure it would be that way. It's certainly possible though.

Thats what I thought, thanks for the quick reply.

I was wondering one thing though...I thought the testing would be done "in house" as the Devs had said. If it was the case, wouldn't we be unable to see that on our network? I'd assume they would stay on their own, to avoid just such a situation

Thats what leads me to believe that this is photoshopped

P.S.Would a passing mod be so kind as to move this to the multiplayer thread?

Thanks

rileypoole1234
07-20-2012, 05:00 AM
I would think that Ubi would do their tests in house as well. It's would be really weird if there was a closed beta without an open one. If it is real I would think we'll get a multiplayer beta.

Also, why do you want this in the multiplayer section?:confused: I think it's good for here. If it's real it's certainly news.

LordWolv
07-20-2012, 06:11 AM
Doesn't look legit to me, and I'm concentrating on the images rather than text, though that's suspicious too.

Closed beta is just pre-gaming testing - it happens with every game before release so they can debug bits that they may miss, but a player doesn't. While I'm sure a form of selective 'Closed Beta' will be going on, personally I don't believe they'd sponsor it with a company (DualShock Nexus?) and it would happen behind closed doors.

Look at the site - it's a basic blog. Not a trustworthy source. Might want to pass it through EscoBlades, see what he has to say, but I don't think it'd be worth it.

Again, that's just my experience.

jzsnyder
07-20-2012, 09:24 AM
A simple picture and "my friend" story isn't enough to be considered a newsworthy source, but I'll keep my eye on this one.

DudeTD388
07-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Also, why do you want this in the multiplayer section?:confused: I think it's good for here. If it's real it's certainly news.

Well it IS technically a multiplayer related topic only...however that being said, if the mods are OK with it here then fine by me.

Slayer_WTF
07-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Hutchinson says "No Beta relased".

DudeTD388
07-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Hutchinson says "No Beta relased".

Exactly, hence my need for clarification on this little info. Seems to contradict what he said.

Much like how we were told outright "no coop what so ever" then BAM! Wolf pack mode was shown.

jzsnyder
07-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Exactly, hence my need for clarification on this little info. Seems to contradict what he said.

Much like how we were told outright "no coop what so ever" then BAM! Wolf pack mode was shown.

Wait, what? What is this about Wolf pack mode?

rileypoole1234
07-20-2012, 07:32 PM

Here's a decent article on it. http://zoknowsgaming.com/2012/07/16/coop-multiplayer-mode-wolf-pack-announced-assassins-creed-iii/

jzsnyder
07-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Huh, that looks pretty cool. Is it confirmed, then? And has Ubi said anything about it?

DudeTD388
07-20-2012, 10:15 PM

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/726105/ubisoft-interviewed-for-assassins-creed-3-wolf-pack-mode-at-comic-con-2012-arrrrrooooooooo/

And yes it's pretty much fully confirmed (videos and all)

That exactly why I am questioning the "no beta" remark. They did the exact same thing with "no co-op".

jzsnyder
07-20-2012, 10:28 PM
That's cool and all, but I'll remain skeptical until I hear from a trustworthy source.

DudeTD388
07-20-2012, 10:36 PM
That's cool and all, but I'll remain skeptical until I hear from a trustworthy source.

Oh no I completely understand! In fact I'm skeptical too, it's just hard to take what a Dev or Mod would say at this point considering they have said one thing...while completely meaning another.

WolfTemplar94
07-20-2012, 11:41 PM
The thing I don't get, is why would they make it so obvious people are playing the closed beta? Another thing too, is that you can clearly see that the background behind the game name is darker than the rest.

Gregolian
07-21-2012, 12:06 AM
That looks about as real and trustworthy as Tera Patrick's chest.

stargate55555
07-21-2012, 12:13 AM
The pic definitely looks real enough. Would have fooled me.

DudeTD388
07-21-2012, 12:13 PM
The thing I don't get, is why would they make it so obvious people are playing the closed beta? Another thing too, is that you can clearly see that the background behind the game name is darker than the rest.

That could just be how that person has their display settings set...although on the other hand you make a valid point. There isn't much way of knowing for sure...it just a lot of coincidences at this point.

Black_Widow9
07-21-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure if it is a Beta or not and I wouldn't read to much into it.

I would imagine they are testing multiplayer. It has to be tested somehow. ;)

DudeTD388
07-21-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm not sure if it is a Beta or not and I wouldn't read to much into it.

I would imagine they are testing multiplayer. It has to be tested somehow. ;)

Well that's an answer I guess I can accept...for now ;)

You must admit though Widow, it's hard to ignore it...espically when we've been told "no" to one thing when it was really "yes" all along (again I'm referring to the Wolf Pack mode)

That being said, I guess we can wait and see what happens. Thanks again

Krayus Korianis
07-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Picture looks shopped.