PDA

View Full Version : "Ubisoft has a solution : If you're left wanting more Assassin's Creed 3..."

FirestarLuva
07-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I know there's a thread already about this, but still wanted to point this out.

"If you're left wanting more Assassin's Creed 3 after finishing the game, Ubisoft has a solution: read the book. The company announced a novelization of the game entitled Assassin's Creed: Forsaken.

Forsaken tells the story of AC3 hero Connor. This half-Native American and half-English young man becomes wrapped up in the American Revolution. He also joins a centuries-old brotherhood of Assassins in their war against the Templars."

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Assassin-Creed-Forsaken-Coming-December-4th-44774.html

Captain Tomatoz
07-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Cool. I like the books, even though a lot of people don't. I think Oliver Bowden's writing seemed to improve as the books go on.. The Secret Crusade was really good. Haven't read revelations yet though. Looking forward to this :D

Serrachio
07-18-2012, 10:44 PM
"Lololol gamers. Why don't you go read a book?"

I know this isn't how it's supposed to sound, but I couldn't help but get this line from it. :p

im3jia
07-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Over here in the US, everyone not on the forums is barely finding out about Forsaken.

itsamea-mario
07-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Over here in the US, everyone not on the forums is barely finding out about Forsaken.

They know what books are? besides the bible of course, wow..

SixKeys
07-19-2012, 12:23 AM
Oliver Bowden is a historian? Interesting that he got such major things wrong in the AC2 novel, like Rodrigo Borgia being killed in the wrong year.

Serrachio
07-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Oliver Bowden is a historian? Interesting that he got such major things wrong in the AC2 novel, like Rodrigo Borgia being killed in the wrong year.

I'm not the greatest fan of how he structures his writing either.

Most of the time when I've read his books (Secret Crusade and Revelations so far), the sentences are so long-winded that it breaks me out of the immersion and then I have to read the sentence from the middle to make sense of what it's trying to convey.

SixKeys
07-19-2012, 12:46 AM
I'm not the greatest fan of how he structures his writing either.

Most of the time when I've read his books (Secret Crusade and Revelations so far), the sentences are so long-winded that it breaks me out of the immersion and then I have to read the sentence from the middle to make sense of what it's trying to convey.

Part of me wants to pick up one of the books every time I'm in a book store, then I read a couple of paragraphs and remind myself why it would be a bad idea. His writing is very basic, it reads like a fan fic by someone who just likes to describe what they see happening on the screen when playing a video game.