PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about Daniel Cross.

matheus_737
07-17-2012, 10:58 PM
I become a fan of this guy last year because of his history and importance to the struggle betwen Assassins and Templars and I've been imaginating who is the hole he will exert in the game I imagited he will be the major villain of the game and the first nemesis of Desmond I think they will fight in the beginning of the game, kill William and die in the end but i wish something more he have a lot of potencial to be a great character in AC3!

GunnarGunderson
07-17-2012, 11:04 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think Daniel Cross will pull some Darth Vader style good guyification because of something that happens in the Chain

matheus_737
07-17-2012, 11:07 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think Daniel Cross will pull some Darth Vader style good guyification because of something that happens in the Chain

I think he will stay in the templar side when he see the last memories of Nikolai.

dxsxhxcx
07-17-2012, 11:15 PM

I believe this will happen as well... :p

[SPOILERS - sneak peak pages of THE CHAIN]
If Daniel continue showing the kind of confidence he showed in that page of the Chain where he gives a speech about the Assassins, IMO he already is the best villain this franchise already had... :)

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
07-18-2012, 12:26 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120130152112/assassinscreed/images/thumb/6/64/DanielCross.png/250px-DanielCross.png

The guy just looks plain badass. And yeah I see him having a "good guyification" like BradKinn said.

LoyalACFan
07-18-2012, 01:17 AM
I think... and bear with me on this one... that Daniel Cross is Erudito.

Think about it. Erudito obviously has a lot of insider knowledge about Abstergo... stuff only a member of the Inner Sanctum should know about. And we haven't yet seen what happens to him in The Chain... Perhaps he relives some more of Nikolai's memories (or rather, I guess it would be Nikolai's son's memories at this point) and witnesses the birth of Abstergo, and realizes they aren't as noble as they claim, turning him into a sleeper agent for the second time... only this time, he's working for the Assassins.

The AC Wiki says that Abstergo was founded in 1937. I'm guessing Nikolai's son was probably born soon after 1917, after Nikolai left for America. That could mean that, in his young adulthood before he had conceived Daniel's mother, Nikolai's son had horrific experiences with Abstergo that Daniel would be able to witness through the Animus. Perhaps horrific enough to drive Daniel back to the Assassins' side. Yes, I realize that he was sent on a mission with a new Abstergo recruit to kill William Miles, but he hasn't completed it yet. Who's to say he's not going to use the opportunity to save William from the Templar recruit and win back the trust of the Assassin Order? Or at least prevent Abstergo from damaging them further?

I'm probably miles off from the truth. But if it's true... Mind. Blown.

DarkSolitude-X
07-18-2012, 02:21 PM
In the last multiplayer video in ACR, Daniel seemed extremely blood thirsty though. What gives you this idea of a "turnaround"?

dxsxhxcx
07-18-2012, 03:26 PM
In the last multiplayer video in ACR, Daniel seemed extremely blood thirsty though. What gives you this idea of a "turnaround"?

I think I see him as a victim of the templars... he never asked to be in the middle of this situation (Assassins vs Templars), he was captured by Abstergo when he was a child, brainwashed and turned into a Sleeper Agent, if now he embraced the templars as his family this is a different story but I believe at one moment of his life he'll understand what the templars did to him in the past and will decide to help the Assassins...

Felix-Vivo
07-18-2012, 04:00 PM
I think... and bear with me on this one... that Daniel Cross is Erudito.

Think about it. Erudito obviously has a lot of insider knowledge about Abstergo... stuff only a member of the Inner Sanctum should know about. And we haven't yet seen what happens to him in The Chain... Perhaps he relives some more of Nikolai's memories (or rather, I guess it would be Nikolai's son's memories at this point) and witnesses the birth of Abstergo, and realizes they aren't as noble as they claim, turning him into a sleeper agent for the second time... only this time, he's working for the Assassins.

The AC Wiki says that Abstergo was founded in 1937. I'm guessing Nikolai's son was probably born soon after 1917, after Nikolai left for America. That could mean that, in his young adulthood before he had conceived Daniel's mother, Nikolai's son had horrific experiences with Abstergo that Daniel would be able to witness through the Animus. Perhaps horrific enough to drive Daniel back to the Assassins' side. Yes, I realize that he was sent on a mission with a new Abstergo recruit to kill William Miles, but he hasn't completed it yet. Who's to say he's not going to use the opportunity to save William from the Templar recruit and win back the trust of the Assassin Order? Or at least prevent Abstergo from damaging them further?

I'm probably miles off from the truth. But if it's true... Mind. Blown.

This crossed my mind too. It would tie up nicely.

freddie_1897
07-18-2012, 04:05 PM
and then we find out Daniel is Desmonds brother.

on another note, is clays dad dead? because if not it would be interesting to see him in AC3

SteelCity999
07-18-2012, 04:51 PM
That boy was our last hope......

No. There is...another....

LoyalACFan
07-18-2012, 07:33 PM

Nothing solid, it's just that he's not aware how much the Templars have screwed him over. If he found out, which he very well might in The Chain, it might prompt a change of heart. The bloodthirsty thing could have easily been an act, just as Lucy's affection for Desmond was.

MasterSimaYi
07-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Nothing solid, it's just that he's not aware how much the Templars have screwed him over. If he found out, which he very well might in The Chain, it might prompt a change of heart. The bloodthirsty thing could have easily been an act, just as Lucy's affection for Desmond was.

The Encyclopedia confirmed that by 2012 Daniel is still a Templar. If he betrays the Templars in favor of the Assassins, which I do not find unlikely, it will have to be in AC3.

TheHumanTowel
07-18-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't think he will play a major role in AC3. He might make an appearance but you have to remember Daniel Cross hasn't appeared or been mentioned in any of the main games yet. If Ubisoft want him to have a large part they'll have to introduce him, tell his back-story and characterise him. It's all a bit much in one game especially when we only have limited playing time in 2012. If he does appear it'll be as an easter egg for those who've read the Fall.

LoyalACFan
07-18-2012, 09:45 PM
The Encyclopedia confirmed that by 2012 Daniel is still a Templar. If he betrays the Templars in favor of the Assassins, which I do not find unlikely, it will have to be in AC3.

I don't think they're going to come right out and say he switched sides in The Chain, I'm just saying he might see something that shakes his faith in Abstergo, which could lead to a potential conversion.

Aphex_Tim
07-18-2012, 10:16 PM
on another note, is clays dad dead? because if not it would be interesting to see him in AC3

I hope so. I still don't think they gave Clay's story a good closure in ACR.

cathairbhoy
07-19-2012, 02:46 AM
First post guys! Can I ask, is the AC Wiki official? Has it been written by someone from Ubisoft?
If not, how has someone gotten all that information? It is ridiculously detailed.

WolfTemplar94
07-19-2012, 02:58 AM
I hope Daniel doesn't convert to the Assassins :/ Even though it will be justified, I just think it would be kind of lame. I was thinking, it would be cool if he survived, and the next games, if they make any could be about defeating him (Not sure how it could work the ancestors in, but I'm not a writer).

LoyalACFan
07-19-2012, 03:04 AM
First post guys! Can I ask, is the AC Wiki official? Has it been written by someone from Ubisoft?
If not, how has someone gotten all that information? It is ridiculously detailed.

It's not technically "official", but you can pretty much trust everything on it to be true to the franchise and very up-to-date. It's written by a large, dedicated group of fans. One of the administrators of the wiki, Master Sima Yi, posts on these forums regularly. You could ask him more about it if you're interested.

MasterSimaYi
07-19-2012, 10:40 AM

No, none of us works for Ubisoft, but we do have contact with some Ubisoft employees from time to time and Ubisoft also uses us for information. We take all of our information from canon sources and we are really careful with that, hence why we introduced a sourcing policy to have all information sourced to the game, comic or whatever where it originally came from. Of course, we still make some mistakes when a particular bit of information is not very clear enough, but we do not permit any speculation of any kind. Everything is from the media in the series.