PDA

View Full Version : ACIII Steelbook...a question

BoBwUzHeRe1138
07-16-2012, 01:51 AM
Could I preorder the game at Best Buy, get the steel book case, and then head on over and preorder at another store (say Target) in order to get the Colonial Assassin outfit? Or would Best Buy force me to pay in full for the game...? Like if I ever tried to pre-order another game from Best Buy...

I really want the Steelbook, but I also love alternate costumes. So any ideas? I'm not being a cheap a-hole but I want the bonus outfits too...

Although Best Buy and another place or two get bonus missions -- any ideas on the quality and length of those missions? Better than an outfit to run around the whole game or whenever with? The game as it is sounds like it'll be huge but yeah

Lost Mayan Ruins and Ghost of War are the two missions I know of
Colonial Assassin and Captain of the Aquila are the two outfits I've heard of....

Which ones sound best...?

Serrachio
07-16-2012, 02:00 AM
All digital content will be released eventually, so I'd advise going for an edition that gives you the physical content you'd like. If you really want a copy with a certain digital content though, I can't stop you from pre-ordering it.

DreadxHawk
07-16-2012, 02:21 AM
Does best buy even still have Steel books?

Sharkey1337
07-16-2012, 03:42 AM
If you preorder online it'll still be mailed to you. You have to see if your local Best Buy still has the steelbook in stock if you want to do the $5 preorder to get it. But yes, technically you'd be paying $5 to get the steelbook as you wouldn't be able to get the money back without returning the steelbook with your preorder receipt. You don't have to pick up the game from Best Buy in that case if you want to keep the Target copy. However, if you are an unlocked Gamers Club member, you get $20 in rewards for preordering and picking up Assassin's Creed 3 at Best Buy.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
07-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Does best buy even still have Steel books?.

My Best Buy still had like...15 steelbooks left..wasn't sure if it was a restock or just not many preorders in my area. I picked one up to be on the safe side because if worse comes to worst...I still have the bonus weapon and map Best Buy offers and an amazing steelbook by Alex Ross (a fantastic artist)

If you preorder online it'll still be mailed to you. You have to see if your local Best Buy still has the steelbook in stock if you want to do the $5 preorder to get it. But yes, technically you'd be paying $5 to get the steelbook as you wouldn't be able to get the money back without returning the steelbook with your preorder receipt. You don't have to pick up the game from Best Buy in that case if you want to keep the Target copy. However, if you are an unlocked Gamers Club member, you get $20 in rewards for preordering and picking up Assassin's Creed 3 at Best Buy.

So I can altogether just not pick the game up from Best Buy and pick it up at Target or something. Obviously if I wish to cancel the order I have to bring the steelbook back but if I just altogether not pick it up and instead pick up the Target version....That's fine? Or will Best Buy try and charge me for the pre order the next time I try and buy something there? Or the next time I try to preorder from there? Or will they just bar me from ever pre-ordering again? If I sound like an a$$, I'm not trying to be -- I still gave the store 5 dollars, and the order for my game WILL be sold -- its Assassins Creed -- it'll be gone by the holidays so they'll actually get an extra 5 bucks toward it since that money was supposed to be put down on it. So I just am wondering if someone has done this type of thing before with any game and what the issues were -- i don't wanna get in trouble but if it's all good I don't see why not...

xXMrGR1NCHXx
07-18-2012, 05:12 AM
Per order from Best Buy. The Steelbook looks awesome plus you'll still end up with the outfit, so Best Buy is a win win. :)