PDA

View Full Version : AC2 game save problems

UPLAYsPointless
07-16-2012, 12:42 AM
I keep losing progress when I play AC2. This seems to happen every time I load the game fresh from Steam with uPlay closed.

I can work around this by keeping uPlay open and re-loading the game, at which point the game will load to the correct part. This work around has worked twice so far, but at this point I don't really know whether I'll just lose any future game progress entirely.

Based on the other comments I'm seeing, my guess is that this has something to do with the cloud syncing business. You need to have local game save capability as a fallback, preferably with some transparency about where games are saved and the ability to back up and revert to local copies if the cloud messes things up. You're a game company, your first order of business should be making sure that things are fun.

xGryfter
07-16-2012, 03:29 AM
I'd just like to give a big ol' **** you to Ubisoft and the dumb asses who designed the save system for AC2. I just lost about 5 hours worth of game play because of the p.o.s uplay I'm forced to use (even though I'm playing through Steam) lost connection to it's servers. I can't find any local save data on my system and the cloud save system doesn't seem to be smart enough to determine if you've played ****her in the game than the save it has on file.

Being as that I value my time too much to constantly put up with this **** I'd ask for my money back for the entire collection (AC 1 through Revelations) I just purchased but I doubt that will happen.

Thanks again Ubi for ruining another game with your draconian DRM and idiotic save system... I was hoping **** like this would have been fixed years after release, I guess I should have known better.

JustusH
07-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Same thing happened to me. I had even checked to see if it saved in DNA, then continued to reload the game to double check after quitting. The game had saved, but once I tried a couple hours later, hours of work were gone. I am tired of this. It's not even worth my time or impatience anymore. So much for relying on companies to ensure the satisfaction of their customers. Saving is a basic fundamental in any game, but thanks to this online ****, all has fallen through. I even have to reboot the whole Uplay and game launchers twice to have any data past the 3rd memory (Sibling Rivalry). The game is fun, but unreliable. **** it.

Anykeyer
07-16-2012, 08:13 AM
There is a bug in new Uplay 2.0 (and all its patches up to current 2.0.3)
For some reason there are 2 save clouds now. One of them is bugged. Uplay uses this if you run game right after launching Uplay.
To get correct saves wait around 3 minutes between launching Uplay and game itself. Or just disable cloud save sync.

JustusH
07-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Still no luck. Any time you quit the game a small save point is created in the savedata folder. I have the files that are linked to my previous progress of a few hours ago, but they are independent of the server's files. I tried deleting the new save points, but they are just recreated upon the launching of the game. I guess I'm just screwed unless technical support decides to help, if possible, in the retrieving of previous files and the deletion of the new ones.

Ries91
07-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Wright, so because it was weekend, i left my computer (and the game) running and now lost over 15 hours of gaming!! what i can't read anywhere is the question.. will it be fixed??? if not...i'm done playing..if the basic element of a save game doesn't work, why do they release the game anyway or haven't fixed it by now???
I guess a refund is out of the question because they need the money to still fix this problem!!

Mr_Shade
07-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Please contact Ubisoft support - they maybe able to to provide a solution.

Links are in my signature.

JustusH
07-16-2012, 06:26 PM
I submitted a request for a solution with technical support with proof of the files from the previous save. I will post if they provide a solution.

Anykeyer
07-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Wright, so because it was weekend, i left my computer (and the game) running and now lost over 15 hours of gaming!! what i can't read anywhere is the question.. will it be fixed??? if not...i'm done playing..if the basic element of a save game doesn't work, why do they release the game anyway or haven't fixed it by now???
I guess a refund is out of the question because they need the money to still fix this problem!!

You probably lost your progress by now. Because if you run game immediately after launching Uplay it downloads wrong/old saves first and then launches game. And when you close there is a strong chance it will overwrite saves in what was correct cloud. Because save file is updated when you just load it, so it gets more recent date and is considered newer by Uplay.
There is only 2 solutions to avoid this in future. First is to disable cloud save sync. Second is to always wait 3 or even 4 minutes before pressing "play" button.

xGryfter
07-16-2012, 08:07 PM
So after yesterdays ******** I disabled cloud saving, being as that ubi can't seem to pull their heads out of their asses long enough to actually fix anything this seemed to be my only choice. Unfortunately instead of the game saving locally with cloud saves off the worthless ****ing thing doesn't save at all. How the **** do they let this **** get by?

DeadNutria
07-17-2012, 02:47 AM
Thanks... I did similarly. My only comment is that I realize developers are under pressure from their program managers to release features and content, but for future reference; when a company releases content that is not ready or has a bug that is so severe that it renders the software non-usable, customers tend to move on to other companies providing a similar service.

J0hnrg
07-17-2012, 09:22 PM
I have ben playing AC2 on and off for about 2 years now and am at Sequence 09. Up to a few days ago the game saved with no problems. It will not now save at all. Has anything changed recently to cause this?