PDA

View Full Version : Hard mode option in ac iii ( for hardcore fans )

corbinmahieu
07-15-2012, 07:44 PM
I understand the game needs to have a casual ( easy for the newies ) gameplay .. but why forget the ''hardcore fans'' and gamers who like to have a challenge. SO I HAVE A VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION ! ( and almost every other game has it ! ) ->
HARD MODE . A gameplay option so the attacks of the templars do ''more'' damage and/or your health restores very very slow ! very simple....... So you will still be able to kill lots of templars/streaks BUT there is the chance you will be killed by only 2 blows! ---> this makes a good mode for a stealthy approach .....

it's a very easy option! but I don't think Ubisoft thought about it.

It's a option they can still easy put in the game before the release!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

Oke, I see some gamers find the Hard mode - idea too abstract ( cause the word ''hard'' is relative ), I have a better idea. !

what if players were able to adjust the ''damage'' taken by enemies in the OPTIONS MENU
(just like to are able to customize the light in AC games ). By doing this the dev team doesn't have to ''test'' the difficulty of different game modes. cause you will be able to customize the difficulty in detail. ( de damage or the health bar ( you can see it as ''lowering'' your health )

---> this will make the ''combat'' very personal and you will be able to reach new/casual gamers AND hardcore gamers.

--> How could I (we) get this idea to the developers team?
---> I'm trying to tweet UBIGABE about it … If I want something to change I should be able to reach to brains behind the game, right ?

-------> I just want them to ''think about it''. Maybe they just forgot about the ''die-hard'' gameplay or maybe there is a very logic explanation for not adding it. But I just wanted to hear the explanation from a creative mind behind the franchise.

( Does anyone has a better plan to reach the devs ? … cause I don't think they read every thread in this forum )

Peace out !

Aphex_Tim
07-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Your post would be a lot easier to read if it wasn't grey on grey..

I like the idea of being killed in two blows though.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:46 PM
They honestly wont implement this. And we all know it, they want everybody too have a ''full experience'' so they will never add a hard mode too a AC game.

Aphex_Tim
07-15-2012, 07:47 PM
They honestly wont implement this. And we all know it, they want everybody too have a ''full experience'' so they will never add a hard mode too a AC game.

Well, that's why it's optional isn't it?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Still, if they make some sort of trophy for it or anything really some guy that fails will come out and complain that it is ''too hard'' just like what happened in Revelations with the Janissary.

corbinmahieu
07-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Your post would be a lot easier to read if it wasn't grey on grey..

I like the idea of being killed in two blows though.

MMh.. yeah why is my post in grey? I can't figure out how to ''color'' my posts....

TheHumanTowel
07-15-2012, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't mind some sort of "hard mode". Maybe guards become alert much more quickly and are more responsive to sounds. And being killed in two blows is a good idea. It would ratchet up the tension in combat and would make pulling off long streaks pretty much a neccessity. Plus it would add even more replay value.

thekarlone
07-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Please don't. I don't want any difficulty mode in this game.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:56 PM
I think originally, in AC1, you could only take 1 hit and BAM, dead.

TheHumanTowel
07-15-2012, 07:57 PM
I think originally, in AC1, you could only take 1 hit and BAM, dead.
No you had a health bar. Late in the game as it got bigger it could take ages to be killed.

corbinmahieu
07-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Still, if they make some sort of trophy for it or anything really some guy that fails will come out and complain that it is ''too hard'' just like what happened in Revelations with the Janissary.

Easy... then he isn't a ''hardcore gamer''...--> or ''no trophy'' just... FUN.. you know, doing stuff with no reward, so every kind of gamer can enjoy the gameplay.. Just like all ''normal'' games. I like it when I can adjust the difficult of a game, sometimes it's to easy, sometimes it's to hard. Just like : god of war, devil may cry, uncharted, dead space... almost avery game has a difficulty level.

And i think adding a hard mode to a game is very easy. just adjust the health and damage points.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:58 PM
I am sorry mate, but many who play AC are not ''hard core gamers'' AC is designed too appeal to everybody, that means casuals.

corbinmahieu
07-15-2012, 07:59 PM
I even like fighting with one life bar.... sounds ''realistic'' and it's very hard to survive ! -> and you feel quite happy when you see a dead body !

thekarlone
07-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Easy... then he isn't a ''hardcore gamer''...--> or ''no trophy'' just... FUN.. you know, doing stuff with no reward, so every kind of gamer can enjoy the gameplay.. Just like all ''normal'' games. I like it when I can adjust the difficult of a game, sometimes it's to easy, sometimes it's to hard. Just like : god of war, devil may cry, uncharted, dead space... almost avery game has a difficulty level.

And i think adding a hard mode to a game is very easy. just adjust the health and damage points.

Trophies shouldn't be too hard to get.

corbinmahieu
07-15-2012, 08:04 PM
I am sorry mate, but many who play AC are not ''hard core gamers'' AC is designed too appeal to everybody, that means casuals.

But that's easy... they can play on ''normal''.. and leave it . For all those who played all the other games and mastered the fight gameplay... can find a ''challenge'' in ''hard mode'' . = WIN WIN
I really don't see the problem. they are happy, they can play the game and I am happy because I can ''finally'' be ''killed''! ( and not by falling to my death )
OR AM I REALLY THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE FIGHTING 15 EASY TARGETS IN 15TIMES buttons smashing.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 08:04 PM
I even like fighting with one life bar.... sounds ''realistic'' and it's very hard to survive ! -> and you feel quite happy when you see a dead body !

Realistic....uhh....sorry mate, it's a game. In real life, you dont jump from the top of a tower and land in a haysatck.
But it's a game, it is made possible, and it is awesome.

Aphex_Tim
07-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Please don't. I don't want any difficulty mode in this game.

Optional.

Edit: I love your sig btw.

corbinmahieu
07-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Trophies shouldn't be too hard to get.

then ''no trophy'' for hard mode. it's for fun. Why must there be a trophy? Plus even in God of War or Devil may cry. the ''impossible" modes have trophies.. and It doesn't have to be 2 blows. make it 5 and I'm happy. you really need to ''try'' dying in AC:R or AC:B. It's hard....

TheHumanTowel
07-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Realistic....uhh....sorry mate, it's a game. In real life, you dont jump from the top of a tower and land in a haysatck.
He's not arguing for total realism he just wants some challenge to put into the game. You know so there's actually some satisfaction from succeeding in this game. I don't see the problem here. A difficulty setting isn't exactly revolutionary, people who want the same difficulty experience as past AC games can just play the regular mode and this mode can be for those looking for more of a challenge. It's win-win.

dxsxhxcx
07-15-2012, 08:10 PM
what's the value of a "trophy" that is given to you with almost zero effort of your part, I fail to see where's the fun or even the pride in achieve something like this...

I would be happy with a mode where the guards do more damage and decrease your notoriety meter would take more time once it's high...

corbinmahieu
07-15-2012, 08:12 PM

It's awesome not to die when you are stab or slashed 30 times? don't see the fun in it. I just like it when a game is hard and you need to retry it.. over and over.. just to have the feeling of be able to master it! It's the only thing that is missing in Assassin's creed. And i just thought many gamers felt the same...
I just want a game with some challenge... and tensive swords play !

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 08:12 PM
what's the value of a "trophy" that is given to you with almost zero effort of your part, I fail to see where's the fun or even the pride in achieve something like this...

See that little percentage number increase?
Meh, I cant seem doing this. Probably remain the same.
They worry people will complain the hard mode will be to hard, as stupid as that sounds, it's possible.

Turul.
07-15-2012, 08:21 PM
It's awesome not to die when you are stab or slashed 30 times? don't see the fun in it. I just like it when a game is hard and you need to retry it.. over and over.. just to have the feeling of be able to master it! It's the only thing that is missing in Assassin's creed. And i just thought many gamers felt the same...
I just want a game with some challenge... and tensive swords play !

glad theyre taking away medicine, but im liking what i see so far, the idea of the difficulty being in the fludidity of your combat sounds awesome to me, because when things are often really hard you lose all the fluiditiy and just focus on what is most effective rather than just going with the flow

corbinmahieu
07-15-2012, 08:23 PM
See that little percentage number increase?
Meh, I cant seem doing this. Probably remain the same.
They worry people will complain the hard mode will be to hard, as stupid as that sounds, it's possible.

Hell!... ? I can't beat the hard mode in God of war, Dead space, devil may cry, uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, Ect ... Do I complain? But I'm happy that other people can enjoy these modes!.

thekarlone
07-15-2012, 08:27 PM
then ''no trophy'' for hard mode. it's for fun. Why must there be a trophy? Plus even in God of War or Devil may cry. the ''impossible" modes have trophies.. and It doesn't have to be 2 blows. make it 5 and I'm happy. you really need to ''try'' dying in AC:R or AC:B. It's hard....

If there's no trophies for hard mode, then I don't care if there's a hard mode. What I hate are trophies such as "Beat the game in Hard Mode".

Slayer_WTF
07-15-2012, 08:34 PM
By placing different levels of difficulty all be content, both casual and hardcore. But no, nothing less than a part of them without thinking of people like me / us want a little 'challenge. I like how Ubisoft works, but if you fail to talk about hardcore games.

AssassinGame1
07-15-2012, 08:36 PM
AC3 looks too easy by Ubisoft showing us the deaths of many British

Slayer_WTF
07-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Ubisoft should not underestimate this aspect of the game. Sooner or later it will break some of the players to see the same IA from 5-6 years and will stop buying the game.

De Filosoof
07-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Yeah, i like this idea :).

Would be really easy to implement but i doubt they will.

joniaske
07-15-2012, 09:26 PM
This guy is right on so many levels:
1) First of all, everybody should stop being such trophy-*****s. Ok so you don't get to 'platinum' a game. Who cares.... Trophies a great way to discover some challenges/stuff you wouldn't have done otherwise. But to leave out nice extras just to get that stupid platinum pixel is ridiculous!
2) Secondly Hard Mode would be OPTIONAL, if you don't want it just don't click it ;)
3) Lastly AC on normal mode is way too easy. Especially the counterattacks make fighting 25 guards feel like a breeze. Ubisoft should start calling the game 'Action Man Creed' instead....

PS: Still gonna buy 3 though.... Awesome serie hehe!

corbinmahieu
07-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Yeah, i like this idea :).

Would be really easy to implement but i doubt they will.

I was hoping the devs could catch up this thread and just think about it. If the modes are optical.. I see only benefits in it.
If it had '' easy'' my girlfriend could play it! and if it had ''hard'' i could finally have a hard time ''killing'' templars. and if i would like an easy-run game for the story I could play ''normal''

corbinmahieu
07-15-2012, 09:33 PM
This guy is right on so many levels:
1) First of all, everybody should stop being such trophy-*****s. Ok so you don't get to 'platinum' a game. Who cares.... Trophies a great way to discover some challenges/stuff you wouldn't have done otherwise. But to leave out nice extras just to get that stupid platinum pixel is ridiculous!
2) Secondly Hard Mode would be OPTIONAL, if you don't want it just don't click it ;)
3) Lastly AC on normal mode is way too easy. Especially the counterattacks make fighting 25 guards feel like a breeze. Ubisoft should start calling the game 'Action Man Creed' instead....

PS: Still gonna buy 3 though.... Awesome serie hehe!

hehe Action Man Creed ...bold statement. luckily they have the 100% gameplay.... it makes it a bit more changeling. I like the mission where you can't get seen. ... Hitman-style

Grazel69
07-16-2012, 12:23 AM
then what's the ****ing point in trophies when they're just finish the game on easy mode (cheats and invincible hax allowed) /endoverexaggeration

Grazel69
07-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Also a little side note ubisoft if you're going to put in different difficulty modes put the hardest one available at the start because I feel even that's not going to be hard enough

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 12:31 AM
I love it how people say "Hard mode can be done, its very easy"

Seriously guys, if you don't know what it takes, I suggest not claiming it to be "easy" because It really isn't..

dxsxhxcx
07-16-2012, 01:03 AM
I love it how people say "Hard mode can be done, its very easy"

Seriously guys, if you don't know what it takes, I suggest not claiming it to be "easy" because It really isn't..

it might not be easy but It's not that hard like some of you like to make it look like, unless we are dealing with amateurs developers, what I don't think is the case...

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 01:04 AM
it might not be easy but It's not that hard like some of you like to make it look like, unless we are dealing with amateurs developers, what I don't think is the case...
Have you worked in that field ? do you study game design ? No ? Well I do..

De Filosoof
07-16-2012, 01:13 AM
Have you worked in that field ? do you study game design ? No ? Well I do..

So please explain, what's so hard about making the healthbar deplete faster?
If they can make the healthbar deplete slower for an E3 demo, why can't they make it deplete faster for the actual game?

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 01:16 AM
So please explain, what's so hard about making the healthbar deplete faster?
If they can make the healthbar deplete slower for an E3 demo, why can't they make it deplete faster for the actual game?
Thats not my point..

I was referring to the claim that making a "Hard Mode" was easy, but nonetheless..

Who said they cant make it deplete faster in the actual game ?

De Filosoof
07-16-2012, 01:17 AM
Thats not my point..

I was referring to the claim that making a "Hard Mode" was easy, but nonetheless..

Who said they cant make it deplete faster in the actual game ?

That would make a great "hard mode", just that, a faster depleting healthbar.
That's why i said it would be easy to implement.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 01:19 AM
That would make a great "hard mode", just that, a faster depleting healthbar.
That's why i called it easy to implement.
I cant call it "easy" because I know what It`s like, but considering it is indeed easier than many other things, I`d call it easy..

But, again, who said they wont make it deplete faster in the game ?

De Filosoof
07-16-2012, 01:20 AM
I cant call it "easy" because I know what It`s like, but considering it is indeed easier than many other things, I`d call it easy..

But, again, who said they wont make it deplete faster in the game ?

You mean in the normal game mode?

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 01:21 AM
You mean in the normal game mode?
There is only one game mode..

De Filosoof
07-16-2012, 01:25 AM
There is only one game mode..

Most likely, yes...

Uhmm i think they won't make it that hard because they wanna appeal to the masses.
So it would be nice if they'd put a "hard mode" function in it for the "die-hard" AC fans.
It doesn't have to be very complex, like more agressive AI's or more enemies and stuff, but just the fast depleting healthbar when you get hit.
I think that's the least they can do for their longtime fans.

Put something like a die-hard mode in the configuration menu or something like that.

dxsxhxcx
07-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Thats not my point..

I never said it was that easy, I believe it isn't but I just don't think is so hard like some of you like to paint it to be, many games (if not the majority), even since before Playstation or Xbox even exist offered and still offer this kind of feature in their games, and yet, when we talk about a "harder mode" in AC, the way some people say it would be hard to implement make it sound like if it was something impossible to be done, what I don't think it is...

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 01:27 AM
I never said it was that easy, I believe it isn't but I just don't think is so hard like some of you like to paint it to be, many games, even since before Playstation or Xbox even exist offered and still offer this kind of feature in their games, and yet, when we talk about a "harder mode" in AC, the way some people say it would be hard to implement make it sound like if it was something impossible, what I don't think it is...
Again, stop being so arrogant..Its not easy as YOU make it out to be..

Be humble and ask for an explanation..

Most likely, yes...

Uhmm i think they won't make it that hard because they wanna appeal to the masses.
So it would be nice if they'd put a "hard mode" function in it for the "die-hard" AC fans.

In regards to faster depleting health ? speculation..

De Filosoof
07-16-2012, 01:37 AM

No, Alex actually confirmed it. He said something like, even
your little brother could win the fight in the game but it would be difficult to look good at it.

So it's common sense to suggest you won't die in the game after you got hit 4 times.
Here's where the hard mode would kick in nicely.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 01:40 AM
No, Alex actually confirmed it. He said something like, even
your little brother could win the fight in the game but it would be difficult to look good at it.

So it's common sense to suggest you won't die in the game after you got hit 4 times.
He did ? Ok then, my sincere apologies. I was not aware of that interview..

I stand corrected.

De Filosoof
07-16-2012, 01:48 AM
He did ? Ok then, my sincere apologies. I was not aware of that interview..

I stand corrected.

Hehe, no problem at all mate, you can't follow every interview;).
I think putting a "simple" hard mode in the game would be a nice way to show some love to longtime fans.

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 01:49 AM
Hehe, no problem at all mate, you can't follow every interview;).
I think putting a "simple" hard mode in the game would be a nice way to show some love to longtime fans.
Ask for it, yes I encourage it..

but in no way claim its easy... Just no.

dxsxhxcx
07-16-2012, 02:11 AM

lol dude, if you think I'm being arrogant you should go out more, I'm not trying to offend you and I'm sorry beforehand if you felt offended, but I believe you're reading to much in what I'm trying to say, I was trying to say is that this may not be something impossible to be done like some of you claim to be, it may be harder than many and I think it is? Yes it can, I don't deny that, but the way some people use their words to say that is something so hard to be done make it LOOK like it's something impossible, what for me is hard to believe, many games that seem to have a much more complex combat system than AC still offer that option to the players...

but if now you'll start calling someone you don't even know arrogant and be harsh instead of have patience (because like you said, you're the guy who work in that field) then I believe we should stop our discussion here, if you still want to explain why is so hard to make that happen, please do it, I know I'm interested in know how that is done and many people here would certainly like to know that as welll (ps: I'm not being sarcastic)

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 02:32 AM
lol dude, if you think I'm being arrogant you should go out more, I'm not trying to offend you and I'm sorry beforehand if you felt offended, but I believe you're reading to much in what I'm trying to say, I was trying to say is that this may not be something impossible to be done like some of you claim to be, it may be harder than many and I think it is? Yes it can, I don't deny that, but the way some people use their words to say that is something so hard to be done make it LOOK like it's something impossible, when many games that seem to have a much more complex combat system than AC still offer that option to the players...

but if now you'll start calling someone you don't even know arrogant and be harsh instead of have patience (because like you said, you're the guy who work in that field) then I believe we should stop our discussion here, if you still want to explain why is so hard to make that happen, please do it, I know I'm interested in know how that is done and many people here would certainly like to know that as welll (ps: I'm not being sarcastic)
I called some here ******s, whiners, sadistic, moronic, idiotic, stupid, and arrogant. and I don't even know anyone:p so by you`re logic, I cant apologize to you, because I dont know you.. (I apologize):rolleyes:

Anyways, Assassins Creed is an Open world game and One of the fundamental issues to tackle in the design of video games is mostly referred as creating a well-shaped difficulty curve. This means that one of the core element of a good game design is to make the game just as difficult as it has to be, so that the player feels challenged enough, but not too much. However, game creators cannot rely on strong tools to help them in this task,and there is not even a clear and accepted definition of difficulty as a measurable parameter. For now, game difficulty adjustment is a subjective and iterative process. Level / game designers create a sequence of challenges and set their parameters to match their chosen difficulty curve. Finding the right sequence and tune every challenge relies on playtesting performed by the designers, and,at some important milestones, by focus test groups. Focus tests are costly and it’s very hard for a designer to evaluate the difficulty of a challenge he created and played for many hours.

Difficulty scaling is a fundamental part of game design. However, this is not an obvious consequence of accepted definitions of video game. Jesper Juul
has listed many of them and has proposed a synthesis. We start from Juul’s definition of difficulty:
‘A game is a rule-based formal system with a variable and quantifi-able outcome, where different outcomes are assigned different values, the player exerts effort in order to influence the outcome, the player feels attached to the outcome, and the consequences of the activity are optional and negotiable.’This definition gives a clear, precise idea of how a game system behaves, and manages to take into account the most interesting parts of the previous definitions.

Consider now the type of challenges that are used in games. The choice of challenges and the succession of challenges is related to the flow principle. In many Game Design books, the progression of tension cycles is presented using the Learning/Difficulty curves. At any time of the game, the difficulty of the next challenge must be a little higher than the current level of the player apprenticeship. When he wins the challenge and the tension decreases, the player gets new skills and ability. This correlated progression of skills abilities and difficulty must be kept all along the game. The same idea is expressed by Jesper Juul using the notion of repertoire of methods. ‘At every instant within a game, a player has created for himself a collection of methods and strategic rules which he has devised and which he applies (the player’s repertoire). One strength of a good game is to constantly challenge the player, which in turn leads him to constantly find new strategies, apart of those already in the repertoire. There are two ways to control the difficulty: the progression of skills and the mix of challenges. The progression of skills relates the difficulty of a given challenge according to a set of parameters. This notion of difficulty is related to an idea of complexity: what type of problem a human ”processor” is able to face taking into account his level of practice. How far can he move buttons, memorize configuration, how precise can be his shot, how long can he stay on one foot?

As in any sport or mental exercise, the player’s practice enhances his skills, and the same challenge can be solved using parameters chosen to increase the level of difficulty.The second way to control the difficulty is to mix challenges. The solution of many game challenges relies on mastering of a set of basic techniques and then combine them.

Now comes the programming bit, as said Assassins Creed is an open world game, which in turn makes it a programming Behemoth. changing the difficulty literally blows up a whole set up of millions and millions of codes created for the Artificial Intelligence that has already been implemented. sure its there in more combat-complex games, because that's all its about. the combat and they`re not open world games.

corbinmahieu
07-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Oke, I see some gamers find the Hard mode - idea too abstract ( cause the word ''hard'' is relative ), I have a better idea. !

what if players were able to adjust the ''damage'' taken by enemies in the OPTIONS MENU ( just like to are able to customize the light in AC games ). By doing this the dev team doesn't have to ''test'' the difficulty of different game modes. cause you will be able to customize the difficulty in detail. ( de damage or the health bar ( you can see it as ''lowering'' your health )

---> this will make the ''combat'' very personal and you will be able to reach new/casual gamers AND hardcore gamers.

--> How could I (we) get this idea to the developers team?
---> I'm trying to tweet UBIGABE about it … If I want something to change I should be able to reach to brains behind the game, right ?

-------> I just want them to ''think about it''. Maybe they just forgot about the ''die-hard'' gameplay or maybe there is a very logic explanation for not adding it. But I just wanted to hear the explanation from a creative mind behind the franchise.

( Does anyone has a better plan to reach the devs ? … cause I don't think they read every thread in this forum )

corbinmahieu
07-17-2012, 05:31 PM
it doesn't matter if the ''demo'' was too easy or not. I just want to be able to adjust the difficulty in de game. ---> So everybody can play on their own level. = Everybody happy

Slayer_WTF
07-17-2012, 05:37 PM
it doesn't matter if the ''demo'' was too easy or not. I just want to be able to adjust the difficulty in de game. ---> So everybody can play on their own level. = Everybody happy

This.

medcsu
07-17-2012, 06:14 PM
As much as I would love to see a hard mode type gameplay in AC3/beyond it will never happen because the fail gamer carebears will cry too much. Especially if there is a trophy for beating it on hard mode.

Regardless, I would love to see a hard mode for more of a challenge that is optional which would satisfy both worlds.

Assassin_M
07-17-2012, 07:18 PM
I know.... but forget the hard mode ( and trophies ) ..... Just a ''adjust damage OPTION'' ( just like to are able to customize the light in AC games ). !

-----> it would be perfect ! and the devs could skip the ''testing'' ( cause I understand that every MODE , like a hard mode must be tested by gamers before the release ) BUT If players would be able to adjust the damage taken by enemies in DETAIL IN THE OPTION MENU, THEY DON'T HAVE TO ''test'' it. : D

Why am I the only one who sees a benefit in this idea? --> I just want to reach some creative minds

Can you please stop spamming ?

DavisP92
07-17-2012, 07:47 PM
No you had a health bar. Late in the game as it got bigger it could take ages to be killed.

actually AC was originally intended to be a game that challenged the players with a 3 hit maximum, from how interpreted the very fist AC demo in 2006. Jade Raymond says that this isn't a game that you can take 100 hits the the head and still be walking around, you can't even take 1.

corbinmahieu
07-18-2012, 05:37 AM
actually AC was originally intended to be a game that challenged the players with a 3 hit maximum, from how interpreted the very fist AC demo in 2006. Jade Raymond says that this isn't a game that you can take 100 hits the the head and still be walking around, you can't even take 1.

AC1 was tougher ! ( although the counter system was bad )

imonthenet
07-18-2012, 09:25 AM
I personally would enjoy a difficulty setting, but despite this I have to bring up the major problem Assassin's Creed has:

Everything must be explainable in the AC universe.

For what possible reason would the Animus 3.0 contain a difficulty setting? Why would Rebecca (assuming she designed it) put it in? In the realm of reliving memories, can you alter the memory? Sure you can place holographic markers (mission starts), and display statistics (synchronisation bar, weapon wheel etc.), but can you actually manipulate a memory?

I really hope Ubisoft might implement this feature but without a viable story reason I can't see it happening

corbinmahieu
07-18-2012, 05:18 PM
I personally would enjoy a difficulty setting, but despite this I have to bring up the major problem Assassin's Creed has:

For what possible reason would the Animus 3.0 contain a difficulty setting? Why would Rebecca (assuming she designed it) put it in? In the realm of reliving memories, can you alter the memory? Sure you can place holographic markers (mission starts), and display statistics (synchronisation bar, weapon wheel etc.), but can you actually manipulate a memory?

I really hope Ubisoft might implement this feature but without a viable story reason I can't see it happening

But whenever a person is hard or easy to be killed is ''relative''. ? ... So If connor could be easy killed or not? When you are playing the game it doesn't matter.
And I think they could/would give the story behind it a spin ( just like the training room in AC;B you can set the difficulty of the ''animus'' higher )

-> This would also mean gamers ''must'' avoid attacks! ( cause who does this? ...if you can choose to counter or step aside while in combat?!.. the choice is easy made )

-> this would make the combat more about ''surviving and killing'' not just a killing spree.

Slayer_WTF
07-18-2012, 05:38 PM
What has the difficulty with the Animus? It 'something connected to the game, not to history.

corbinmahieu
07-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Isn't it better to ''warn'' the devs about our worries or sharing ideas? ... It would suck even more if you play the game and would say '' combat is easy, ;.. saw that one coming '' .
And the developers would say '' why didn't you guys say it was to easy? We could easily ad a difficulty option '' --> That's why i'm whining about it

I just hope the developers of AC see these threads and understand that lots of their fans are having troubles with the easy combat.!
I just wanna have these topics in hopes the devs will notice them !

And.. that they would at least explain thereselfs or better put a difficulty option to the game OR make it general combat harder
( which will not be the case , or else my younger brother wouldn't be able to play it ) --> But I don't know if the threads of a fanforum could ''change'' the idea's of the studio.
( would be f*** awesome if they did listen to us )

--> Of course the game will remain awesome without the difficulty option ! But it would be PERFECT with it ! . Because I see the negative gameplay-combat experience as the last negative gameplay element. ( in my gameplay view of AC )

dxsxhxcx
07-19-2012, 06:52 PM

please tell me how the credits rolling at the end of AC2 while Desmond and the others are fighting Vidic and the templars is explained inside the AC universe, thanks.. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD7-61TlBKc

ps: I didn't try to be rude with the "thanks" at the end of my post, but this excuse is the weakest excuse someone could use to justify something not being implemented in the game and I already saw many people using it just for convenience because for some odd reason even the OPTION to have a difficulty settings seems to bother some people, I can understand they not implementing something like this because it may be hard to do it like Assassin_M insist it is and I don't doubt it is but I still think it could be done if was their desire to do it , or even because they don't want (like unfortunatelly IMO seems to be the case), but not implement something just because it can't be explained inside the game universe is bs...

corbinmahieu
07-19-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm going to ask about a difficulty option on KOTAKU LIVE to ALEX (http://kotaku.com/5927409/the-creative-director-of-assassins-creed-iii-will-answer-your-questions-live-on-kotaku-at-5pm-et) !

If some of you guys do the same our change of getting picked will be higher. ( or ask other ( non-story related ) question to Alex )