PDA

View Full Version : Could not log in to Uplay.

CDR30
07-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Hey guys,

I randomly couldn't log in into my account for some reason. It keeps saying that my password is wrong. I logged into this website to see if i was typing it right, and it worked, otherwise I wouldn't be making this post right here.

I typed it in again in my Uplay launcher, this time VERY VERY slowly, and it says I typed in the wrong password. I clicked on "recover password", then changed my password, then typed it in again, really slowly... It still wouldn't launch.

I have no idea what happened there... Maybe somethings wrong with the launcher? Please help....

-CDR30

burningmunkey
07-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Hey guys,

I randomly couldn't log in into my account for some reason. It keeps saying that my password is wrong. I logged into this website to see if i was typing it right, and it worked, otherwise I wouldn't be making this post right here.

I typed it in again in my Uplay launcher, this time VERY VERY slowly, and it says I typed in the wrong password. I clicked on "recover password", then changed my password, then typed it in again, really slowly... It still wouldn't launch.

I have no idea what happened there... Maybe somethings wrong with the launcher? Please help....

-CDR30

Having the same problem here - reset my password 3 times now. Still cant get in. For the record I'm trying to play Heroes of Might & Magic VI.

Grinder2006
07-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Same here, I tried to reset for about 5 times. It's just not working at uPlay Launcher, it works here for the forum.

And I do not have a Password that it more than 16 Characters long, so the "Website just understands the first 16 Characters" (I mean....Security? hello?) issue doesnt solve the problem.

And Ubisoft.....get the launcher back to work.....I like your games....but this type of n00bness is not worth a company like yours!

Get a solution, and tell your customers!

burningmunkey
07-15-2012, 12:31 PM
same here, i tried to reset for about 5 times. It's just not working at uplay launcher, it works here for the forum.

And i do not have a password that it more than 16 characters long, so the "website just understands the first 16 characters" (i mean....security? Hello?) issue doesnt solve the problem.

And ubisoft.....get the launcher back to work.....i like your games....but this type of n00bness is not worth a company like yours!

Get a solution, and tell your customers!

like!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 12:44 PM
First of all, chill out guys, this seems to be a odd universal glitch.
May I direct you to the Ubisoft Customer Support for this: http://support.ubi.com/en-GB/

burningmunkey
07-15-2012, 01:10 PM
First of all, chill out guys, this seems to be a odd universal glitch.
May I direct you to the Ubisoft Customer Support for this: http://support.ubi.com/en-GB/

Thanks for directing us mate - but it would seem that customer support wont help much in this instance. I've been trying to get in since 08:00 this morning. Its 14:00 here now. This is def a problem on Ubisoft's side. Would be nice of them to rectify it as it is a Sunday and a lot of peeps are keen to play their games..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 01:12 PM
It is odd tho, those last few days I have been seeing alot of threads about certain uPlay problems.
Let us wait it out a minute, maybe Mr. Shade can come in and shed some light on the subject.

Meresamun
07-15-2012, 01:17 PM
It is odd tho, those last few days I have been seeing alot of threads about certain uPlay problems.
Let us wait it out a minute, maybe Mr. Shade can come in and shed some light on the subject.

your very opptomistic we have been waiting hours for even an admin reply or aknowlegement that they are at least aware of and working on the issue.... yet there is nothing, odd or not I want it fixed and as you say you have seen loads of posts over the last few days, well in that case, why don't they have people working on it to sort it even though it's the weekend? or at the least to inform people whats goign on

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 01:25 PM
I seriously have no idea, it might take a couple of hours too work, but I really dont know they did not notice it yet /:

sbutora1985
07-15-2012, 01:42 PM
I am disappointed with the attitude of Ubisoft because such information about the failure to log into the account Uplay, and other matters related to the disabling of play should be made available to the FB, the more one looks into Facebook than on the Ubisoft forum

SixKeys
07-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Just checked and I'm having the same problem. Hope they'll fix it soon.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Does this happen often?

SixKeys
07-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Does this happen often?

First time it's happened to me. It was still working last night. They're probably doing maintenance or something. Would be nice if they told us in advance, though.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Shows how much they care about PC :nonchalance:

SixKeys
07-15-2012, 02:55 PM
I don't know if it's a PC-only issue. The first posters didn't mention which platform they were on. Could be a cross-platform problem.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 02:58 PM
I logged in too uPlay just fine a couple of minutes ago, pretty sure it is a PC thing.

jaskaz2
07-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Still no luck here.. been waiting ages

jaskaz2
07-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Is there any way to bypass uplay to play the game?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Not one I know off, think they are doing maintenance..

SlaveTrader.
07-15-2012, 03:27 PM
ow gawd i thought my account was hacked lololol

Turul.
07-15-2012, 05:51 PM
you should call them

Acrimonious_Nin
07-15-2012, 06:19 PM
:( yeah what turul said. :D

Mr_Shade
07-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Shows how much they care about PC :nonchalance:
I suggest you don't put any credence to that idea..

Uplay is a global reward system and works on consoles as well as PC.

The only thing I can suggest is people report the issue to Support - or wait it out.

The server teams work 24/7 however I do not have any contact with the directly at the weekends.

I am not aware of any planed maintenance - so this outage is unplanned, and as such, I can't give you an ETA on when it will be back.

I suggest you all report the issue directly to support - though like I said - the server teams are already most likely aware of the issue.

[For PC Users] Are you not able to select 'offline' mode [in the Uplay settings] and play offline?

HerrClaus
07-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Same problem here. Played fine 'till 03u00 hours last night. Tried logging in several times, spread out through the whole day, without any succes. Did a test by trying to make a new account but got a message that the server was down. Frustrating.

AssassinGame1
07-15-2012, 08:56 PM
That used to happen to me. There is not much to do in Uplay anyway...

SixKeys
07-15-2012, 09:03 PM
[For PC Users] Are you not able to select 'offline' mode [in the Uplay settings] and play offline?

I'm able to play the SP campaign in offline mode. I was more interested in multiplayer, though. Last night it still worked fine.