PDA

View Full Version : AC3 is to AC2, as AC2 was to AC1

tjbyrum1
07-15-2012, 01:07 AM
If you can get that.

What I am asking is whether or not you think AC3 is the equivalent to AC2 what AC2 was to AC1. AC1 was a big project, then AC2 came out with a new setting, characters, features, etc. ACB and ACR, to me, seemed like side projects. Do you think AC3 will be the next 'AC2'?

TheFrontLine
07-15-2012, 01:15 AM
Well, it has a new setting, characters, features, etc. So, it quite possibly could be the next 'AC2', that is if the tree climbing isn't completely messed up.

MT4K
07-15-2012, 01:15 AM
In my opinion i think it will be just as big a leap if not bigger!

roostersrule2
07-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Yea I think AC3 will be a bigger jump and will show what this franchise has to offer and when AC4 comes out we will say the same thing just like we did with AC2.

BBALive
07-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Yes, Assassin's Creed 3 is to AC2 what AC2 was to AC1.

Each numbered title should represent a leap in-terms of introducing new systems, improving old systems, etc. AC3 is doing exactly that.

Just think of all the things Assassin's Creed 3 has that Assassin's Creed 2 didn't, and the things that it has improved upon.

-Free-running on trees and cliffs; natural surfaces
-Naval combat and exploration
-The Brotherhood/Band
-Hunting, and animals
-Dual-wielding
-Stalker zones
-Double counters
-Overhauled combat system
-Bow and arrow
-Wider range of guns; flintlock pistols and muskets
-Ropedart
-Traps
-Hidden blades pivots into a dagger
-Human shields
-Weather systems
-Snow deformation
-Dynamic water
-More archetypes
-Full-scale battles
-Short-sword weapon-type
-A lot more unknown tools
-Improved blending
-Improved AI
-Improved graphics
-Improved draw distance
-The ability to render thousands of NPCs
-Improved animation system; contextual animations, mo-cap
-Improved notoriety system
-Larger world, biggest to date.
-More side content than ever before
-Free-aim with long-range weapons
-Possible weapon 'upgrades', alongside the ability to purchase weapons.
-Unknown systems that haven't, and won't be told about yet

And probably more that I have forgotten about. It's truly a huge leap. Bigger than the leap between AC1 and 2, I believe.

Locopells
07-15-2012, 02:24 AM
That, I think, was always the idea. That's why it's daft when people complain about ACB and ACR being too much the same.

DinoSteve1
07-15-2012, 02:31 AM
I think people should wait and play it first, before they make and judgments

SixKeys
07-15-2012, 03:05 AM
Honestly, no. AC3 has added many new things and rebuilt some features from the ground up, but I don't think it will be as big a leap as AC2 was from AC1.

Things that AC2 added that AC1 didn't have:

-Blending with any group of NPCs
-Exotic missions (Da Vinci flying machine, carriage chase)
-Armor/clothing customization
-Skins
-Shops
-Economy system/money
-Notoriety system
-Wide variety of weapons (where AC1 only had four)
-Lots of new fighting moves
-Enemy archetypes
-Day/night cycle
-Being able to freerun and fight as Desmond
-Assassination contracts
-Assassin tombs
-Being able to swim
-Rowing boats
-Glyph puzzles
-Collectables that affect the story in some way (feathers help Maria to snap out of her PTSD, collecting stuff for the villa gradually brings Monteriggioni to life)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something. If you think about it, AC1 was a very basic game. It had a lot of innovative ideas, but AC2 was simply a massive leap forward. AC1 was basically nothing more than exploring cities and killing templars, that's it. AC2 brought the cities to life in a wholly different way, where NPCs interacted with each other and shops were more than just decoration. The player now had more things to do besides walking and killing the occasional guard. They could go looking for puzzles or underground platforming levels.

As much as AC3 is going to add to the franchise, I have a feeling the biggest changes are mostly cosmetic. The blending is improved, but still building on the same concept that was already introduced in AC2 (being able to blend with any group). Charascter customization, economy, notoriety and enemy archetypes have been confirmed to return, all concepts from AC2. We can be fairly sure Desmond will be more active than ever. Treerunning, while fun, is just freerunning in a new environment. The Band is just an improved version of the Brotherhood.

The only truly new concepts I can think of so far that aren't based on a previously introduced concept are dual-wielding, naval freeroam, dynamic weather, changing seasons, NPC battles on a massive scale and hunting. Big changes, to be sure, but not nearly as big as the changes between AC1 and AC2.

Vex_Assassin
07-15-2012, 03:15 AM
Free-aim with long-range weapons

I'm pretty sure the devs confirmed we don't have free-aim.

SixKeys
07-15-2012, 03:21 AM

They haven't confirmed it nor denied it. They said they're still tweaking it, trying to find the right balance between free-aim and lock-on.

doogsy91
07-15-2012, 03:32 AM
AC3 will be to AC2 What AC1 was to Prince of Persia.

BBALive
07-15-2012, 04:17 AM
They haven't confirmed it nor denied it. They said they're still tweaking it, trying to find the right balance between free-aim and lock-on.

Alex Hutchinson confirmed it at Comic-Con.

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/live-show/live-show-day-2/

19:35

"You can pick people off at range by just tapping the tool button, but you can switch [to free-aim] and knee-cap them if you want. You can wound people, use them as a lure to attract people from a distance."

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 04:54 AM
ACIII's Jump is like Pac Man to AC1.

im3jia
07-15-2012, 05:14 AM
Alex Hutchinson confirmed it at Comic-Con.

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/live-show/live-show-day-2/

19:35

"You can pick people off at range by just tapping the tool button, but you can switch [to free-aim] and knee-cap them if you want. You can wound people, use them as a lure to attract people from a distance."

Thanks for the video, haven't seen this yet. I'd buy the Kraken Pack.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 05:15 AM
...A Kraken Pack?...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQCP85FngzE

im3jia
07-15-2012, 05:28 AM
Yeah, Alex was asked if the Kraken would make an appearance while sailing. Alex said that Corey May is in love with the Kraken and got the guys at Singapore to sneak it into ACII. So Alex's answer was that if they find historical documents of when the Kraken was fought, he "might" sneek it in. So, that was the "Kraken pack" (DLC).

So everyone new challenge: was the Kraken in that time? (probably not)

stop the video at 30:10 for the question.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 05:31 AM
My good old friend Wikipedia, says: YES THERE IS.
A giant Squid, is what it is called: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_squid
Or even better: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_squid

im3jia
07-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Yeah, there were some documented before 1776: Sweden, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, and Denmark. So they could have traveled to North America right? Especially the one from Denmark, cited in 1770.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Just give us a Kraken D;
And have PotP music in the background :nonchalance:

roostersrule2
07-15-2012, 05:44 AM
This may sound stupid but is Kraken a squid and what's its importance?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 05:45 AM
.....You seriously dont know the Kraken?....
Just watch Pirates of the Caribbean.

TheFrontLine
07-15-2012, 05:45 AM
This may sound stupid but is Kraken a squid and what's its importance.

It is a giant octopus(based on menacefox), essentially. It was known to take down entire ships along with their crew.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 05:46 AM
And was in Pirates of the Caribbean, and we should be able to Assassinate it :nonchalance:

roostersrule2
07-15-2012, 05:49 AM
I never watched Pirates of the Caribbean but I'm all for assassinating Kraken and the Squid from AC2.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 05:50 AM
LOL. Let it be the Squid from ACII xD!
And shame on you for not watching them :nonchalance:

menacefox
07-15-2012, 05:53 AM
Kraken = Octopus, not squid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken

Shows what you guys know.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 05:54 AM
The closest REAL Kraken is a squid.
Shows what you know.

menacefox
07-15-2012, 05:57 AM
The closest REAL Kraken is a squid.
Shows what you know.
Kraken = name of a ancient/fictional octopus.
Kraken = not a name for a huge squid.
Use the right terms.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 05:59 AM
They want a historical Kraken-ish creature, the Giant Squid. Which is probably where the Kraken originates from anyways.

menacefox
07-15-2012, 06:03 AM
They want a historical Kraken-ish creature, the Giant Squid. Which is probably where the Kraken originates from anyways.
No, it does not.

It's from Norse Mythology, it was like a religion. They always associated the term Kraken with a octopus, not a squid.

They also have Kraken rum and they use a octopus for the logo, not a squid.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:05 AM
He asked for what can be called a historical Kraken, the closest thing you can find is a Giant Squid. Which was believed too actually attack ships.

menacefox
07-15-2012, 06:08 AM
You know, I now know why they put Arrogance as a synonym to American.
He asked for what can be called a historical Kraken, the closest thing you can find is a Giant Squid. Which was believed too actually attack ships.
But you can't be using the term! What don't you understand? Everyone associates Kraken with a octopus from movies, etc - also, Kraken is not a squid in the PoC movie.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:09 AM
...We can. Because that is really what they want. A historical Kraken, which is a Giant Squid. Which is very similar to a Kraken.
EDIT: Just so no American gets offended, reason I wrote synonym with American is because he first wrote: ''But you are not from the USA, I can see the ignorance'' then made a edit :nonchalance:

TheFrontLine
07-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Ah! This is swaying far from the main purpose of this thread.
I'll change it to Octopus instead of Squid in my post.

roostersrule2
07-15-2012, 06:15 AM
Haha how do we get from talking about the jump from AC1-2-3 to Octopus and Squids.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:17 AM
Because Alex wants a Kraken, just like we do xP
Honestly, after AC III, I am going back in time to AC1 too see the changes.

menacefox
07-15-2012, 06:18 AM
...We can. Because that is really what they want. A historical Kraken, which is a Giant Squid. Which is very similar to a Kraken.
Kraken is a mythology/religious term. It doesn't fit with factual history.

Norse mythology = German.

The English sailors on the AC3 setting would not have called a giant squid Kraken.

What don't you grasp there?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:20 AM
....But that is what they want. They want too find a way too put a Kraken-ish creature in the game, and the Giant Squid, or Colossal Squid is the closest thing. And the Colossal Squid is claimed to attack ships. So there.

menacefox
07-15-2012, 06:23 AM
....But that is what they want. They want too find a way too put a Kraken-ish creature in the game, and the Giant Squid, or Colossal Squid is the closest thing. And the Colossal Squid is claimed to attack ships. So there.
Don't change the subject. You used the word Kraken here.
It is a German word. Not a word that English sailors would have used.
If Ubisoft refers to it as the "giant squid" okay, that's acceptable.
Until then Kraken = octopus in the German language.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:26 AM
Because that is what they want. A bloody historical Kraken. Something close too a Kraken, and historical.
Colossal Squid is the best bet. What do you think I am saying?

menacefox
07-15-2012, 06:35 AM
Because that is what they want. A bloody historical Kraken. Something close too a Kraken, and historical.
Colossal Squid is the best bet. What do you think I am saying?
How can a Kraken be historical when the meaning is about Norse Mythology?
He is a fictional being. You know, like the Valkyries. (the angel-like beings)
If Ubisoft uses the word Kraken and it's a squid (instead of octopus) it will confuse the German fans.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:35 AM
..A historical Kraken = A Kraken like creature that is real.
That is their intention. And since it is, I am calling it a Kraken.

menacefox
07-15-2012, 06:38 AM
..A historical Kraken = A Kraken like creature that is real.
That is their intention. And since it is, I am calling it a Kraken.
Once again, the American & English sailors have nothing to do with the word "Kraken" and calling it like that makes no sense.
The first colonies were English, not German.
Ubisoft is shifting away from real historical accuracy. Both you and Ubisoft are wrong.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:39 AM
....The creature can be called Colossal Squid. But it is really just a historical Kraken. What is so hard to understand about that?

TheFrontLine
07-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Once again, the American & English sailors have nothing to do with the word "Kraken" and calling it like that makes no sense.
The first colonies were English, not German.
Ubisoft is shifting away from real historical accuracy. Both you and Ubisoft are wrong.

....The creature can be called Colossal Squid. But it is really just a historical Kraken. What is so hard to understand about that?

Why is it so hard for you two to drop it? After 2 pages, it's pretty obvious you aren't going to change the other's mind.
All this started because Hutchinson made a joke about a Kraken being in the game. If anyone should be 'corrected', it is me as I said it was a 'big squid' to rooster, and I have since corrected myself by editing the post. All you two are doing is showing how unwilling you are to be the bigger person and move on.

menacefox
07-15-2012, 06:45 AM
How many times do I have to write it out? Everyone associates Kraken as a octopus. It is a real German word.
It is 'ok' to call it a Kraken now, but from the game's story line, there is no way that the English sailors used the word 'Kraken' in the past to call a giant squid a 'Kraken'.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:48 AM
WHICH IS WHAT I SAID.
In the game it can be called a Colossal Squid, but it is really just an excuse too have a Kraken Like creature in there.

menacefox
07-15-2012, 06:52 AM
WHICH IS WHAT I SAID.
In the game it can be called a Colossal Squid, but it is really just an excuse too have a Kraken Like creature in there.
Yeah, now.

This is what you said earlier =
".....You seriously dont know the Kraken?....
Just watch Pirates of the Caribbean."

In the PoC movie, Kraken was a octopus.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:55 AM
...Yeah, and he asked what is the Kraken, so I directed him to PoC.
It may not necessarily be a actual Kraken in the game, but it really is what they were going for. The closest, real life equivalent of a Kraken.

Am I the only one who thinks ACIII is a bigger jump than ACII?

menacefox
07-15-2012, 07:04 AM
...Yeah, and he asked what is the Kraken, so I directed him to PoC.
It may not necessarily be a actual Kraken in the game, but it really is what they were going for. The closest, real life equivalent of a Kraken.

Am I the only one who thinks ACIII is a bigger jump than ACII?
I think so too.
I hope Ubisoft goes all the way to Assassin's Creed 10 (or X)
And each game is more amazing.
Wish I had a time machine right now. Next stop = AC3 release date. lol.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:06 AM
I do not want more AC's. We saw what happens when they milk the franchise, nobody wants AC too finish up with a game that was a failure.

menacefox
07-15-2012, 07:11 AM
I do not want more AC's. We saw what happens when they milk the franchise, nobody wants AC too finish up with a game that was a failure.
AC can't fail that easy. Unlike, let's say COD, each setting is way different for the AC series.
You learn factual+interesting history playing AC, the same thing can't be said about other games that are being milked.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:16 AM
But still, look at Revelations. If they do pull a ''AC III Trilogy'' on us, I am really not buying.

menacefox
07-15-2012, 07:33 AM
ft
But still, look at Revelations. If they do pull a ''AC III Trilogy'' on us, I am really not buying.
Now that you mention it, the possibility is there that they could do one about the U.S. Civil War.

North vs. South. Assassins help free the slaves.
They can't do much after that. The open wild west with Cowboys vs. Indians should not happen. No climbing environment.

After that, I hope the next setting = Central/South America. So that we can have like a jungle Assassin. Greenish camo coat.
After South America = China, Japan or India.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:36 AM
...Does nobody want Victorian England? e.e

menacefox
07-15-2012, 07:38 AM
...Does nobody want Victorian England? e.e
I don't like the idea. Jumping back and forth from the Americas to Europe seems a little boring. The Europeans had their continent represented enough.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Well, Feudal Japan, too me, would be kinda boring :nonchalance:

menacefox
07-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Well, Feudal Japan, too me, would be kinda boring :nonchalance:
How so? You don't want to see the Assassin use the awesome samurai sword, ninja sword or the nunchucks?

shanethebouncer
07-15-2012, 07:43 AM
I think late 19th century London would be cool.

menacefox
07-15-2012, 07:44 AM
I think late 19th century London would be cool.
After the India setting. :D

shanethebouncer
07-15-2012, 07:46 AM
After the India setting. :D
I'm not so sure if India is a ripe field for Assassins Creed material though but I thought the same for the Italian Renascence so maybe. Why do you like it?

menacefox
07-15-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm not so sure if India is a ripe field for Assassins Creed material though but I thought the same for the Italian Renascence so maybe. Why do you like it?
Well, India has some nice ancient cities.
Since the British were in India, Britain should be the next setting. Before India, I really like Central/South America with all the temples, we can have a real jungle camo Assassin.
I was thinking Mongolia instead of China/Japan (the Japan setting) has been overused by Ninja/Samurai games. It might be boring. It will be hard for Ubisoft to make it good.
But Mongolia did not have major populated areas, compared to like India.
Look up ancient India on google.

shanethebouncer
07-15-2012, 07:54 AM
I disagree with you on an oriental setting because games have been made but no good games have been. AC has great warriors who handle their weapons with brutality and elegance at the same time so add that with a Ninja-like setting and I think you got one kick*** game.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:57 AM
It is Assassin's Creed.
Not Ninja Creed, and oh, Ninja's have a different philosophy from Assassin's.

shanethebouncer
07-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Its not going to be Ninja Creed. All the assassins are modeled after the time their associated with and like I said it would ninja like. They already have an Asian character from Embers who is a skilled fighter and ninja like.

menacefox
07-15-2012, 08:01 AM
I disagree with you on an oriental setting because games have been made but no good games have been. AC has great warriors who handle their weapons with brutality and elegance at the same time so add that with a Ninja-like setting and I think you got one kick*** game.
I'm not sure how Ubisoft is going to historically associate European Templars with those regions when the Europeans had no 'governing' influence there.
The Chinese and Japanese did their own things with their dynasties.
India makes a lot more sense, because India was under British influence aka. European Templar influence. South America also makes sense. Maybe they can include some Japanese weapons (samurai sword and nunchucks) in the India setting.

shanethebouncer
07-15-2012, 08:03 AM
I think Ubisoft can make a great game no matter the setting as long as they keep it fresh like with AC2 and AC3.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 08:11 AM
I also find Japanese history..kinda pale, I dont know, it just does not interest me.
And Ninjas/Samurais are WAYYY overdone and over used. Honestly, as of now, in gaming, the only Ninjas that I like are Scorpion and Ryu from Ninja Gaiden.

menacefox
07-15-2012, 08:18 AM
I also find Japanese history..kinda pale, I dont know, it just does not interest me.
And Ninjas/Samurais are WAYYY overdone and over used. Honestly, as of now, in gaming, the only Ninjas that I like are Scorpion and Ryu from Ninja Gaiden.
How do you feel about my idea? India setting with samurai sword/ninja sword/or nunchucks? (just one of these.)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 08:21 AM
India is certainly a location that is not visited often, it would be interesting to see what the team does with that.
About the weapons? maybe...they could have some Asian weapons here or there.

KiShiDo
07-15-2012, 10:53 AM
What I'm seeing so far is, that it really looks like a big step as ACII was to AC

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Except this time, it is even BIGGER.
Even the basics of AC have been changed...

roostersrule2
07-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Except this time, it is even BIGGER.
Even the basics of AC have been changed...And for the better.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 11:23 AM
I dont get why everybody is complaining about buildings...
You expect towers in the Revolution?

roostersrule2
07-15-2012, 11:25 AM
I dont get why everybody is complaining about buildings...
You expect towers in the Revolution?As long as there are the mega trees and mountains that make me see the frontier from up high I don't care about the buildings.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 11:28 AM
There will be some very tall trees that act as view points, and oh:
I can see my house from here-Go to all the view points.

roostersrule2
07-15-2012, 11:30 AM
There will be some very tall trees that act as view points, and oh:
I can see my house from here-Go to all the view points.I know and they make AC2's countryside look crap.;)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 11:31 AM
The mountains?
I really, REALLY hated those. Always used fast travel.

roostersrule2
07-15-2012, 11:34 AM
The mountains?
I really, REALLY hated those. Always used fast travel.I don't know it's just what it said in the preview.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 11:35 AM
The Frontier will probably make all the maps look like crap e.e
I mean, it is gonna be GIGANTIC, with random events such as hunting and what not.

roostersrule2
07-15-2012, 11:37 AM
The Frontier will probably make all the maps look like crap e.e
I mean, it is gonna be GIGANTIC, with random events such as hunting and what not.
It also looks to be really varied as the E3 gameplay trailer showed some really interesting locations.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 11:38 AM
There are even Ice Bergs and stuff...
Hey, can anybody take the BH map, and make it 1.5 times bigger? just too get a estimate of how big the map is?

roostersrule2
07-15-2012, 11:39 AM
There are even Ice Bergs and stuff...
Hey, can anybody take the BH map, and make it 1.5 times bigger? just too get a estimate of how big the map is?Yea that and that show with the Farm and high grass were amazing.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Actually...AC III might actually take 2 disks from the 360.
Think about it. If Max Payne 3 took 2, here you got WAYYYYYYYYYY more than Max Payne.

freddie_1897
07-15-2012, 11:52 AM
I don't get why people don't want it to go back to Europe, I mean my top setting would be Burma when it was a British colony, but Europe isn't a country, it's got hugely different environments, and really we've only been to one country in Europe (Italy) I don't count turkey because although most of Constantinople was in Europe, 90% of turkey is in Asia, therefore I associate it with being Asian.

So for the record,

Europe: Italy

Asia: Syria and Israel(not counting turkey)

North America: USA, and possibly Mexico because of liberations

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Calling the Middle East, Asia is kinda wrong :nonchalance:
The Arab World/Middle East are largely associated as a different thing.
I want Victorian England...PLEASE D;

Helforsite
07-15-2012, 12:47 PM
I want to go to Germany before 1800 or atleast the area of Germany!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Not really sure what they can do in Germany, except WW and WWII, which should never, EVER happen.

freddie_1897
07-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Not really sure what they can do in Germany, except WW and WWII, which should never, EVER happen.
Wow, you are so ignorant of German history, you think that nothing of any relevance happened in Germany before WW1? Good lord, there's more history there than in the US but your not complaining about that

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Nope, not saying nothing of relevance happened pre-WW1, I just dont know what it would be.
WW and WWII would have been the most plausible setting in there, but thank god they said no to that, so yeah.

freddie_1897
07-15-2012, 01:01 PM
Nope, not saying nothing of relevance happened pre-WW1, I just dont know what it would be.
WW and WWII would have been the most plausible setting in there, but thank god they said no to that, so yeah.
And what you just said is proof of your ignorance.

Google is your friend, do some research before you post something like that

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 01:04 PM
/facepalm
I said that if they were doing Germany, the most plausible possible setting would have been WW1 or WWII
Reasons? it is the most recognizable event, so you would think they would cash in on that.
Thank god they did not tho, so all good.

I said there are relevant stuff that happened that are not WW1 or WWII, I just do not know what they could be.
What I can think of right now is the Thirty Years War, or Franco-Prussian war.

freddie_1897
07-15-2012, 01:07 PM
/facepalm
I said that if they were doing Germany, the most plausible possible setting would have been WW1 or WWII
Reasons? it is the most recognizable event, so you would think they would cash in on that.
Thank god they did not tho, so all good.

I said there are relevant stuff that happened that are not WW1 or WWII, I just do not know what they could be.
/facepalm
you don't understand ignorance, you are ignorant of the meaning of ignorant, you are ignorant of German history

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 01:08 PM
I do know of some events, like the Thirty Years War and Franco-Prussian conflict, but I just dont know what they would do.

Helforsite
07-15-2012, 01:18 PM
They could make a few settings settled in Germany(and surrounding countries):
1. pre medieval with Germanic tribes
2. French-German conflict before WW1
3. Protestant Reformation in the 15th-16th century
4. the divison of Frankia
and there are many more I dont know about. If they would search they would find something suitable and I think has some old beautiful cities as Cologne(Gamescom^^) with huge buildings as well as many forests and mountains^^

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 01:21 PM
If I had to pick a certain German setting, I go with the Prussian-Franco setting...
But if I just had to choose any setting, I would say Victorian England, then god knows what .____.
Maybe India? they hinted at that, or they can do either pre-medieval Germany or Prussian-Franco.

DinoSteve1
07-15-2012, 02:55 PM
I doubt they would do number one on that list.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Why not? Victorian England is a awesome setting.

freddie_1897
07-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Why not? Victorian England is a awesome setting.
He wasn't talking about your post, and if he was, the first on your 'list' is the Franco Prussian war, not Victorian London

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Oh...
Well why not? it seemed like a pretty important event in Germany.

DinoSteve1
07-15-2012, 05:34 PM
I was talking about the Germany post, and Germanic tribes wouldn't lend itself well to the assassins creed story.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Hmm...true, you do have a point, not sure how Germanic Tribes will fit well.
What other events can we really think off?
Not just Germany, anywhere..

Turul.
07-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Idk but Germany is cool because they have lots of beer and hotdogs!

freddie_1897
07-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Idk but Germany is cool because they have lots of beer and hotdogs!
i want a game in germany.

Turul.
07-15-2012, 05:54 PM
ya me too cuz i like to restate my opinion

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 05:56 PM
ya me too cuz i like to restate my opinion

Congrats then.
Maybe the Spanish Inquisition? something Original Miles suggested.

Turul.
07-15-2012, 06:04 PM
ya or somehwere we havent been before

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:05 PM
The settings I would hate are WW1 or WW2 or Feudal Japan.

TheFrontLine
07-15-2012, 06:06 PM
The settings I would hate are WW1 or WW2 or Feudal Japan.

Why would you hate feudal Japan?

MT4K
07-15-2012, 06:11 PM
How about Victorian England? Haven't heard that in forever!

Acrimonious_Nin
07-15-2012, 06:17 PM
I want a game set in 30 BC - 44 BC with Rome and Egypt in the mix with Cleopatra and Ceaser and Caligula getting Assassinated !!!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:17 PM
2 characters? how will that work?

Acrimonious_Nin
07-15-2012, 06:34 PM
2 characters? how will that work?

Actually 3 characters if you were paying attention to AC2 there are 6 >_>, but my point is that Cleopatra was assassinated by Amunet, Ceaser was assassinated by Brutus, and Caligula was assassinated by Leonius, and they all were around that time frame....so it would make sense to blend the game into just one....

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 06:35 PM
But why would you need 3 in one game?
And I know there are 6, but you listed 2 :nonchalance:

MasterSimaYi
07-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Actually 3 characters if you were paying attention to AC2 there are 6 >_>, but my point is that Cleopatra was assassinated by Amunet, Ceaser was assassinated by Brutus, and Caligula was assassinated by Leonius, and they all were around that time frame....so it would make sense to blend the game into just one....

Caesar's and Caligula's deaths are only about 80 years apart.

DinoSteve1
07-15-2012, 06:59 PM
alot of people won't agree but I think the next assassin creed's with a new assassin should be set in WW1

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:00 PM
alot of people won't agree but I think the next assassin creed's with a new assassin should be set in WW1

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnwbKC2j62773XFDF85LbWJRwbZWFyz JbUymHYjiUZu1ZmkaMulzSfopcF

Acrimonious_Nin
07-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Caesar's and Caligula's deaths are only about 80 years apart.

Not in the AC universe check the wiki under Assassin. They talk about there deaths and 40 BC(Cleopatra), 41BC (Caligula), and 44 BC (Ceaser).

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:45 PM
...MasterSima is the admin of the wiki -____-

MasterSimaYi
07-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Not in the AC universe check the wiki under Assassin. They talk about there deaths and 40 BC(Cleopatra), 41BC (Caligula), and 44 BC (Ceaser).

Caligula died in the year 41 CE, not 41 BCE. And as HaSoOoN said, I'm quite familiar with the Wiki... XD

Serrachio
07-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Gaius Julius Caesar (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Gaius_Julius_Caesar), by various senators in 44 BC.

Caligula (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Caligula), by Leonius (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Leonius) in 41.

44 years before the Common Era to 41 AD = 85 years.

Learn how to calculate time, kthx.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Caligula died in the year 41 CE, not 41 BCE. And as HaSoOoN said, I'm quite familiar with the Wiki... XD

D: omg gasp I did not notice you and the wiki were one...*bows for forgiveness...

@ Serrachio No need to be aggressive I did not see the CE ok buddy CHILL OUT pls

RatonhnhakeFan
07-15-2012, 08:42 PM
As for the topic in OP, I'm not sure if the particular feeling of HUUUUGE jump between AC1 -> AC2 can ever be recreated in this franchise again. Not because AC3 won't have as much new stuff and changes compared to AC2 as AC2 had compared to AC1, but because AC2 also benefited, well, from AC1 being not-so-amazing. So the jump seemed even bigger because the quality improved so much. Don't think it will happen with AC3, considering that AC2 was just **** good too

AssassinGame1
07-15-2012, 08:46 PM
From AC2 all the way to AC3 fits like a piece of a puzzle. Because in AC2 the codex revealed a map of America. which leads to America winning its independence. Get it?

TheFrontLine
07-15-2012, 08:48 PM
From AC2 all the way to AC3 fits like a piece of a puzzle. Because in AC2 the codex revealed a map of America. which leads to America winning its independence. Get it?

So because there was a map of the Americas in the Codex, that lead to the colonies winning their independence? Are you saying Altair predicted the revolution or something?

MasterSimaYi
07-15-2012, 08:50 PM

It also showed Australia and all other lands that had not yet been discovered. But we don't play in them.

SteelCity999
07-15-2012, 08:59 PM
The jump from AC1 to AC2 was not a jump, it was an overhaul and redesign of the game. AC:B and AC:R had subtle improvments made from AC2 but were only there to test gamers likes and dislikes and to make some sort of differences obvious from AC2. Despite what the devs have said about AC3, it will not be as big of a change as AC1 to AC2. Yes, you have alot of new mechanics and animations but they are not so far gone from the Ezio trilogy as to make it a big leap.

Of course, we all can't really say because we can't compare something we haven't played. A leap would be described as if the dynamic weather actually affects gameplay - I didn't see it affect the people in the streets since they were just standing around like it was bright sunshine out and Connor ran around like it was as well. The snow is a good example but that is only a part of the game. The running through buildings is nothing more than chase breakers and were identified as such by the devs - not really new then are they? See my point? So far there has been alot of evolution of systems and mechanics but nothing like AC2 changed from AC1. The sea battles are a big change yes but I am interested as to how they will play out over more than one mission. The dual wielding combat is a big change but it could make things too simple for some. Jumping through trees sounds fun and is a major change within the navigation system - how it changes the gameplay will determine how much of a jump it is.

Having said this, AC3 should be a great game and I could care less if there is a big of a jump like from AC1 to AC2. If there is a good story and the gameplay is solid, bringing what has come before into it, making improvments and some of the systems they have showcased so far will be fine with me. I know Alex said there are quite a few secrets he wants to keep from us until release, so I guess we won't know for sure until then.