PDA

View Full Version : E3 Boston demo with narration from Creative Director - Alex Hutchinson!

Mr_Shade
07-13-2012, 10:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92SSQBIQ07k

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 10:15 AM
FINALLY!
Took them long enough.
EDIT: Finished watching, bloody loved it.
And I like how the rope dart is not auto win.

Dejan507
07-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Any what exactly do you mean by "Rope dart is not on auto win"?

And all I hoped for was to hear music in that gameplay video in HD but this time it had commentary.. grr

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Any what exactly do you mean by "Rope dart is not on auto win"?

And all I hoped for was to hear music in that gameplay video in HD but this time it had commentary.. grr

You dont just press a button and you kill him, it seems that there is more to it than that.

Jamiedwi
07-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Yes they finally gave us commentary :) looking forward to more like this and especially liked that they "won't retread any ground" - also interesting that those disguised redcoats aren't assassins!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 10:57 AM
...They are Assassin's. He said so in the video.
Also, I loved the combat animations, and the new ''close up'' feature.

WolfTemplar94
07-13-2012, 11:41 AM

He said that "Assassins don't always work alone", not necessarily saying they were Assassins. I

OT: Alex is such a cool guy. This is the best narration I've seen of this gameplay video so far. Is this the Comic-con footage?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Yep, this is the Comic Con stuff.
He means a Brotherhood dude, what else?

Helforsite
07-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Thieves?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:08 PM
...Thieves dont do that, and did NOBODY notice the Assassin hand signal and Eagle?

GLHS
07-13-2012, 12:31 PM
This is not comic con footage. All it is is the Boston demo from E3. The only thing different is Alex's commentary. It never gets old watching it though :) Probably my favorite demo that they showed. That and the wilderness demo.

Also, he said that assassin's don't always work alone and these are his allies. He never said they were assassin's. They already confirmed that there isn't a brotherhood system, but something similar. i.e. what's show in the demo.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:32 PM
...Wait, there is no Brotherhood? o-o
Also, this is what they are showing at CC, I believe.

GLHS
07-13-2012, 12:39 PM
They may be showing it there too...but that still doesn't take away from the fact that the demo itself is the Boston E3 demo. They had said there there will be a similar feature to the brotherhood used, and also added that there are no more factions. But, again, a similar feature is being used. Basically, it's the same principles, just used differently.

MT4K
07-13-2012, 12:45 PM
I think it is called "the band" now.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Dont really know how this will work..
Still think there is a Brotherhood.

notafanboy
07-13-2012, 01:30 PM
i loved the neck break at the end of the first fight :)

imonthenet
07-13-2012, 01:59 PM
I always find it nice (nice but somewhat pointless) to watch the commentated trailers, and to be honest I would rather see a HD Boston Demo then a new one. I wouldn't be able to help my eagerness if they released a new one and end up consuming to much information about ACIII to find it's neat little additions surprising and therefore more enjoyable.

i loved the neck break at the end of the first fight :)

That was pretty awesome, I can't wait to see all the sweet killing animations Connor's got to offer.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 02:02 PM
I did feel like the guy who was playing was kinda meh, he had chance to attack but was just standing there.

WolfTemplar94
07-13-2012, 02:20 PM
I did feel like the guy who was playing was kinda meh, he had chance to attack but was just standing there.

What part?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 02:21 PM
The part with the big fight, I felt like he was kinda standing around for a while.

egriffin09
07-13-2012, 02:49 PM
It's good we actually have random side missions in AC III that were suppose to be in ACR. Should add alot of gameplay hours outside of the main story.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 02:51 PM
They are not really random. Alot of them are like the side missions we know, they are just blended in with the game, you just bump into them.

egriffin09
07-13-2012, 03:00 PM
They are not really random. Alot of them are like the side missions we know, they are just blended in with the game, you just bump into them.

Yeah I know. That side mission just looked like a really nicely blended part of the city life and it seems random because the NPC's won't have a glow around them waiting for you to press A like in previous AC games I think the side missions will feel similar to skyrim's mini side missions & they will be stackable in a menu system like skyrim's mini side missions too.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Except those feel more organic, it wont just have some guy that is magically there just run too you like a stiff monkey and ask for something. It feels more organic, more alive.
Tracking? not sure. Maybe, but what if you have a quest that is like...17 years ago in game time?

WolfTemplar94
07-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Except those feel more organic, it wont just have some guy that is magically there just run too you like a stiff monkey and ask for something. It feels more organic, more alive.
Tracking? not sure. Maybe, but what if you have a quest that is like...17 years ago in game time?

That's a good point. Maybe it only stays in your Quest tracker for the remainder of the sequence?

MT4K
07-13-2012, 04:00 PM
That's a good point. Maybe it only stays in your Quest tracker for the remainder of the sequence?

lol Sorry i'm late delivering this medicine you needed 12 years ago. Hope it's still useful to you :D.

SixKeys
07-13-2012, 04:07 PM
I always thought the mission where Connor saves the guy was part of a main mission, not a randomly generated side quest. What if the player just saw this guard standing there arguing with the woman and wanted to assassinate him for fun, then the woman immediately mistakes him for a freedom fighter. What if Connor would have just walked away after killing the guard and not accept the mission? :p "Oh, thank you, kind sir! My husband's over this way if you... Wait, where the heck are you going?!"

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 04:07 PM
I am pretty sure that guy would be dead already...

beatledude210
07-13-2012, 04:24 PM
This is not comic con footage. All it is is the Boston demo from E3. The only thing different is Alex's commentary. It never gets old watching it though :) Probably my favorite demo that they showed. That and the wilderness demo.

Also, he said that assassin's don't always work alone and these are his allies. He never said they were assassin's. They already confirmed that there isn't a brotherhood system, but something similar. i.e. what's show in the demo.

I'm positive they are Assassin's. Watch this earlier Boston demo, and at about 4:04 and onward look very closely, they have Tomahawks that are shaped like the Assassin Symbol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AgcKKjxDME&list=PL22FDA4BAF1D2853F&index= 6&feature=plpp_video

tarrero
07-13-2012, 04:28 PM
I am a ps3 user, but... Is it me, or the Wii u looks better?

imonthenet
07-13-2012, 04:32 PM
I am a ps3 user, but... Is it me, or the Wii u looks better?

Supposedly it has better specs but no one will really know if it runs better until they perform a side by side analysis, it's looking that way though isn't it

rileypoole1234
07-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Just watched it, and it was AWESOME. I'm so excited it's probably not healthy

RzaRecta357
07-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Wow! Gonna watch this on my ipad when I get home.

Haven't been around being so busy at work. What else is new since E3? I've seen the CO-OP thing. Anything else?

Aphex_Tim
07-13-2012, 05:35 PM
What the hell happened to that guy's head at 2:40? O.o

Josegtx13
07-13-2012, 05:49 PM
The only that kind of bugs me is that the Tomahawk is sharing some kill animations from the dagger.

But the new kill animations that I saw are awesome :p

DoNNiEDaRkO50
07-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Is it me or Connor runs slow?

TheFrontLine
07-13-2012, 07:10 PM
I love that your fellow Assassins actually do more than kill every enemy with a hidden blade in 2 seconds.

Climbmaster1
07-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Is this video demo shown on an Xbox, PS3 or PC? Seems like the graphics are to good for an Xbox but I'm crossing my fingers for Xbox!

Climbmaster1
07-13-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm positive they are Assassin's. Watch this earlier Boston demo, and at about 4:04 and onward look very closely, they have Tomahawks that are shaped like the Assassin Symbol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AgcKKjxDME&list=PL22FDA4BAF1D2853F&index= 6&feature=plpp_video

You are totally correct I see them! Nice Catch!

xChupa
07-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Is this video demo shown on an Xbox, PS3 or PC? Seems like the graphics are to good for an Xbox but I'm crossing my fingers for Xbox!
I believe it is on PS3.
Look at the control prompts that pop up.

And it looks great! I can't wait.

playassassins1
07-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah, its on PS3. Almost every demo shown was on PS3.

And I thiink the PC/PS3/XBOX/WII U versions won't differ that much. Wii U doesn't look like that big of an improvement from pS3. i can only notice their being different lighting. So, I'm not buying a Wii U for slightly better performance, I'll stick to my PS3 for now.

notafanboy
07-13-2012, 10:59 PM
@Beatledude

that is their pistols isnīt it ?

Subject J80
07-13-2012, 11:51 PM
I have watched this demo way too much. Oct 31st cannot come quick enough.

notafanboy is right, they are defo pistols....

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 03:01 AM
The game is probably made on the PS3 then ported to XBox.

beatledude210
07-14-2012, 06:21 AM
@Beatledude

that is their pistols isnīt it ?

I'm pretty sure they are not pistols. Look very closely at the right side of the assistant's hip that is behind Connor at his left at about 4:08 to about 4:10, you can clearly see an Assassin's Tomahawk.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 06:30 AM
It's a Tomahawk. Zoom in.

ProletariatPleb
07-14-2012, 09:41 AM
The game is probably made on the PS3 then ported to XBox.
Ported to Xbox? Lol, where do you get your facts from?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Generally, devs make the game for the 360 then port it to the PS3.
It seems the lead system for ACIII is the PS3.

MT4K
07-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Generally, devs make the game for the 360 then port it to the PS3.
It seems the lead system for ACIII is the PS3.

Just because ubisoft favour Sony when it comes to AC franchise. Doesn't mean they will change business practices and work on the PS3 version first.

The XBOX being the more dev friendly system to work with would seem logical that they would still use that as the primary console to test on ect and hence be built for first.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Just because ubisoft favour Sony when it comes to AC franchise. Doesn't mean they will change business practices and work on the PS3 version first.

The XBOX being the more dev friendly system to work with would seem logical that they would still use that as the primary console to test on ect and hence be built for first.

I know Xbox is more dev friendly, but I find it odd that it is being played on a PS3 than a XBox. Who knows.
Maybe Mister Shade can ask? :p

ProletariatPleb
07-14-2012, 09:56 AM
I know Xbox is more dev friendly, but I find it odd that it is being played on a PS3 than a XBox. Who knows.
Maybe Mister Shade can ask? :p
They've always done that, go check Brotherhood.

PS3 cannot be the lead development platform....going from DirectX(Xbox) to OpenGl(PS3) is easy, but otherway round is HELL(a game would be like 4-5discs that way).
I guess they simply mean that it's going to be better for PS3. That's what they've always said

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2010/06/18/ps3-lead-console-for-ubisofts-top-games/

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 10:02 AM
AC was supposed too be a PS3 exclusive, so take from that what you will.

MT4K
07-14-2012, 10:09 AM
AC was supposed too be a PS3 exclusive, so take from that what you will.

Yes, but at the time they was obviously only developing it for the ps3. Why now that it is multiplatform would they waste a bit of time developing for the PS3 first when they could probably get more work done faster by developing for the xbox and then porting from there? Seems like a stupid business practice to take if they was doing that.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 10:10 AM
We dont know. All I know is Ubi has epic biasment to PS3.
Cant complain much since I have a PS3...:p

ProletariatPleb
07-14-2012, 10:16 AM
We dont know. All I know is Ubi has epic biasment to PS3.
Cant complain much since I have a PS3...:p
That 'biasment'(that's not even a word) is called money...... from Sony.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Works fine for me xD
I wonder what we are getting this time...

Cornik22
07-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Wow! Top-notch npc ai this time. Check the guy to the left from 3:32 to 3:34 ;)

notafanboy
07-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Wow! Top-notch npc ai this time. Check the guy to the left from 3:32 to 3:34 ;)

stupid you ! He is obviously a wall-inspector !

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Not sure what happened there, anybody care too explain?

JCearlyyears
07-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Why is it that the crowd laughed at almost everything? I don't get what was so funny.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 04:18 PM
They are all Templars.
Only explanation, they were embarrassing Hutchinson, a Assassin.

AssassinGame1
07-14-2012, 09:05 PM
I have seen the Boston demo before but without Hutchinson narrating in it.

AssassinGame1
07-14-2012, 09:06 PM
They are all Templars.
Only explanation, they were embarrassing Hutchinson, a Assassin.

Sounds like what a geek would say.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 05:15 AM
It makes sense, they dont want us too stop their plans, so they embarrass a Assassin :nonchalance:
Tho the amount of fake hands up made me laugh..most of them asked hilariously stupid question... a Cactus can ask better.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Sounds like what a geek would say.

lol ? XD

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:13 PM
lol ? XD

I am not sure myself what he meant. But it makes sense o;

Acrimonious_Nin
07-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah this demo is really Awesome ! I really wish they would make this an SP demo that we can get a taste of :D it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 07:55 PM
But how will they limit us? us in what are the boundaries to what we can do.

De Filosoof
07-15-2012, 09:02 PM

"Animus walls", obviously...

playassassins1
07-16-2012, 11:39 AM

Give us a small area with random guards and animals, then like de filosoof said, have Animus boundaries you can't cross. Would be cool, but I doubt it'll happen...

FrankieSatt
07-16-2012, 02:00 PM
My question about the side missions is can we decline them and pick them up later? It would seem to me that if a woman wants me to follow her, and I don't, will the side quest activate anyway?

Assassin_M
07-16-2012, 02:06 PM
My question about the side missions is can we decline them and pick them up later? It would seem to me that if a woman wants me to follow her, and I don't, will the side quest activate anyway?
No, you can save quests in the log so you can return to them later..

E3 demo`s Medicine man.

FrankieSatt
07-16-2012, 08:40 PM
No, you can save quests in the log so you can return to them later..

E3 demo`s Medicine man.

I saw that one, but the one with the woman seems like it's different than the medicine man one. The one with the medicine man you have to find things and bring them back, the one with the woman is her husband is being held captive, and possibly will be killed or tortured. The she hailed you down and then started walking towards where you needed to be, hoping you would follow, makes that mission look like it's not something you can come back to.

I could be wrong but that particular mission doesn't look like one you can save for later.

notafanboy
07-17-2012, 08:49 AM
I saw that one, but the one with the woman seems like it's different than the medicine man one. The one with the medicine man you have to find things and bring them back, the one with the woman is her husband is being held captive, and possibly will be killed or tortured. The she hailed you down and then started walking towards where you needed to be, hoping you would follow, makes that mission look like it's not something you can come back to.

I could be wrong but that particular mission doesn't look like one you can save for later.

ever played red dead ?, i think it will probably be like that. It even has a familiar random event, a guy is about to get executed at the side of the road, you can save him... or just ignore him.

FrankieSatt
07-18-2012, 01:44 PM
ever played red dead ?, i think it will probably be like that. It even has a familiar random event, a guy is about to get executed at the side of the road, you can save him... or just ignore him.

I did play Red Dead and those are the kinds of missions I'm wondering about. Are there going to be side missions that we can take and save for later or will there be just side missions like Red Dead where if you don't help the mission continues and you just bypass it. A combination of both would be great.

alexgamer60
07-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Excellent gameplay :o Thanks to Ubi for then, that now they Russified videos for Russian fans.

BBALive
07-18-2012, 09:31 PM

The mission had most likely already been accepted prior to the start of the demo.

dewgel
07-21-2012, 03:19 PM

Actually, they're his "crew", members of the crew he gets with his ship. Just saying :D

beatledude210
07-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Actually, they're his "crew", members of the crew he gets with his ship. Just saying :D

Pretty sure they are Assassins. They have Tomahawks shaped like the Assassin symbol.

MrG3ntleman
07-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Looks like they fixed they overly large butt the horse had in the E3... No bad replies plz

playassassins1
07-22-2012, 02:07 PM

Where'd you get that idea from?

BBALive
07-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Where'd you get that idea from?

He heard Alex Hutchinson refer to 'the Band' as Connor's "crew", so he jumped to conclusion that the crew from his ship were also the people disguised as Redcoats.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-24-2012, 03:18 AM
I still don't get what the point of promoting this engine so much if it's only gonna be used internally. They don't suddenly plan to start selling licenses to their engines right?

piperdiaper13
07-25-2012, 05:06 PM
They want people to know how hard they have worked on it and how much better the game will look. It's a great reason to buy the game

piperdiaper13
07-25-2012, 05:12 PM
I did play Red Dead and those are the kinds of missions I'm wondering about. Are there going to be side missions that we can take and save for later or will there be just side missions like Red Dead where if you don't help the mission continues and you just bypass it. A combination of both would be great.

It's like a side side quest. In the demo i didn't understand why he wanted to go on the ship. There was no quest for it but I quess it was just showing off gameplay.

tyfon88
07-31-2012, 10:10 PM
I believe it is on PS3.
Look at the control prompts that pop up.

And it looks great! I can't wait.

Actually that specific video is the wii U footage of the gameplay, but the PS3 gameplay looks similar in comparison. Either way the game is going to be awesome no matter what.

douglaswalkers
08-17-2012, 08:41 AM
It is pretty cool, I mean this will going to take the gaming level to the next stage, all of us have waited for this for long time. I am wondering about its gaming structure and the user controls which have been selected.

Axel511XD
08-18-2012, 02:32 AM
If a white-hooded man ran thought my house i would give him a high five.

r4inm4n1991
08-21-2012, 12:26 PM
If a white-hooded man ran thought my house i would give him a high five.

He would stab you with the hidden blade in your wrist, in the speed he pass by.