PDA

View Full Version : AC3 out October 30th on "every platform known to man"

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 10:11 AM
So in short Alex just confirmed there won't be a PC delay :D!

@2:10 here: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/725848/assassins-creed-3-gameplay-video-from-comic-con-2012-how-do-you-like-them-assassins/

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 10:12 AM
....Sorry to dis-appoint...
But I think there is...

MT4K
07-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Every platform known to man is a bold statement. I don't recall seeing it being made for the NES.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Or the PS2.
Or PS1
Or Megadrive.

Kit572
07-13-2012, 10:14 AM
"every platform known to man"?

You mean like... Its going to be on the dreamcast, gameboy advance and all those stuff? (I know its not I'm just making fun of the title).

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 10:16 AM
every platform known to man is a bold statement. I don't recall seeing it being made for the NES.

Obv he means present platforms aka PC, PS3 and X360 :)!

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 10:16 AM
"every platform known to man"?

You mean like... Its going to be on the dreamcast, gameboy advance and all those stuff? (I know its not I'm just making fun of the title).

It's a quote, make fun of Alex!

Kit572
07-13-2012, 10:22 AM
It's a quote, make fun of Alex!

Ok thanks for correcting me :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Also the PSP! And Master System!

Mr_Shade
07-13-2012, 10:26 AM
lets try and discuss the topic, rather than making mini repeat post's..

If you guys have something to add to the thread, lets try making it worth while posting ;)

Kit572
07-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Ok then I'll just shut up and go to another thread *leaves*,

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 10:28 AM
lets try and discuss the topic, rather than making mini repeat post's..

If you guys have something to add to the thread, lets try making it worth while posting ;)

Thanks! Also do I interpret this correctly or do you think Alex said something in the moment that he hadn't really thought out?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 10:36 AM
I think he was tired of continuously saying each and every system.

MT4K
07-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Whether there is a delay or not really doesn't matter though. As i've said in the past. If there isn't a delay. That's great. If there is who cares really it is expected anyway and wouldn't be a surprise.

I say just wait and see what happens :D.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 10:37 AM
I am more than sure it is delayed, now.

BBALive
07-13-2012, 10:58 AM

@2:10 here: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/725848/assassins-creed-3-gameplay-video-from-comic-con-2012-how-do-you-like-them-assassins/

The delay has already been confirmed.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 10:59 AM
There is a delay, he simply did not want to say it on the floor.

dxsxhxcx
07-13-2012, 12:21 PM
hmm... let's wait and see then, while the announcement of the PC version in the trailers says the PC version release date is TBA, now he says that the game will be released for PC at the same date as the other platforms (unless he doesn't consider PC a platform), now some people can't defend Ubisoft saying that the release date for PC is still TBA when Alex himself says it'll be released on October 30th certainly being aware about what is said about the PC version in the trailers is different...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Actually, I believe the delay is offocial.

dxsxhxcx
07-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Actually, I believe the delay is offocial.

what exactly did he say in the video? I made my post based on what people are writing in this thread, sadly the computer I'm using at work doesn't have speakers.. :p

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:26 PM
He said the game should be out ''Near Christmas'' or something like that.

dxsxhxcx
07-13-2012, 12:29 PM

well, sadly, this doesn't confirm anything then, only that the game will be released this year for all the platforms... =/

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Oh well, atleast it is not Brotherhood levels.

NeroInfernoF7
07-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Whether there is a delay or not really doesn't matter though. As i've said in the past. If there isn't a delay. That's great. If there is who cares really it is expected anyway and wouldn't be a surprise.

I say just wait and see what happens :D.

You know we PC Gamers care if there's a delay. We don't want to wait.

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 12:37 PM

Wrong!

Interviewer: "When can we play it? When is it out? What is it out on?"
Alex: "October 30th, world wide, on every platform known to man."

Those are exact quotes.

NeroInfernoF7
07-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Wrong!

Those are exact quotes.

Yeah when did he say "near christmas"? I missed that.

MT4K
07-13-2012, 12:41 PM
You know we PC Gamers care if there's a delay. We don't want to wait.

I'm a pc gamer as well and you just get used to it. yes it sucks yes it's annoying, but honestly it is and always has been expected.

Nothing can really do about it. At least enjoy the fact they have been geting better. ACR was like only 2 weeks delay. Perhaps AC3 will be the same.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I read it on Joystick.

oliacr
07-13-2012, 01:02 PM

i hope

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 01:23 PM
So...joystick lied.
Wonderful.

EscoBlades
07-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Wrong!

Those are exact quotes.

You realise he gets interviewed by more than one press outlet at any convention right? *facepalm*

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Let us just say he repeats the same thing ALOT.
So wait, is the game delayed or not?

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 03:00 PM
You realise he gets interviewed by more than one press outlet at any convention right? *facepalm*

You're such a jerk, facepalm at u!

Ok now let me explain this so you understand.

dxsxhxcx said this:

what exactly did he say in the video? I made my post based on what people are writing in this thread, sadly the computer I'm using at work doesn't have speakers.. :p

To which HaSoOoN-MHD responded:

I was pretty confident dxsxhxcx was talking about the video I posted. That means HaSoon responded about that video so I corrected it. As it turned out Hasoon was talking about an article in joystick which was pretty hard for me to know given the conversation.

Stop being a jerk and get down from your high horses!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Just a simple question:What makes you think they will not delay AC3 for PC?

They did it for every single one of them.

Bucur92
07-13-2012, 03:02 PM

Keep dreaming.

EscoBlades
07-13-2012, 03:02 PM
You're such a jerk, facepalm at u!

Ok now let me explain this so you understand.

dxsxhxcx said this:

To which HaSoOoN-MHD responded:

I was pretty confident dxsxhxcx was talking about the video I posted. That means HaSoon responded about that video so I corrected it. As it turned out Hasoon was talking about an article in joystick which was pretty hard for me to know given the conversation.

Stop being a jerk and get down from your high horses!

I'm well aware of the timeline of events, seeing as i bothered to read the entire thread before replying. Seeing as you didn't have full details of the convo dynamics before YOU posted...well...i'll leave it there. Turn that frown upside down and have a great day ;)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Keep dreaming.

I think it standard now to see a delay.

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm well aware of the timeline of events, seeing as i bothered to read the entire thread before replying. Seeing as you didn't have full details of the convo dynamics before YOU posted...well...i'll leave it there. Turn that frown upside down and have a great day ;)

There was no other article or video mentined befor Hasoon's post (I also read it carefully as it was my thread). I think my assumption was completely reasonable. Stop trying to be a smartass (because you are not).

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:08 PM
There was no other article or video mentined befor Hasoon's post (I also read it carefully as it was my thread). I think my assumption was completely reasonable. Stop trying to be a smartass (because you are not).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPCcf90y_lc

Turul.
07-13-2012, 03:10 PM
i i had a dollar each time someone on these forums took something out of context, or misinterpreted a quote...

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPCcf90y_lc

Which article or video was mentioned, be specific.

EscoBlades
07-13-2012, 03:12 PM

Hasoooon made mention of the "near christmas" quote from Joystiq, which was already being discussed on the forums well before you jumped in with your "wrong" comment.

Try again. And take your misplaced anger somewhere else, acting like a child on the forum doesn't really suit you :P

ProletariatPleb
07-13-2012, 03:13 PM
i i had a dollar each time someone on these forums took something out of context, or misinterpreted a quote...
You'd own half the world.

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 03:14 PM

If I had a dollar for every time someone in this forum defended Ubisoft when they are clearly wrong... The quote is perfectly clear. There are two options: 1) Alex misspoke 2) The PC version will be released Oct 30th. There's nothing to misinterpret.

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Hasoooon made mention of the "near christmas" quote from Joystiq, which was already being discussed on the forums well before you jumped in with your "wrong" comment.

Try again. And take your misplaced anger somewhere else, acting like a child on the forum doesn't really suit you :P

In which post (use the #number) was the joystick article first mentioned?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:16 PM
If I had a dollar for every time someone in this forum defended Ubisoft when they are clearly wrong... The quote is perfectly clear. There are two options: 1) Alex misspoke 2) The PC version will be released Oct 30th. There's nothing to misinterpret.

I am confused myself. I dont know if it is delayed, or not. Tho if Joystick is right, yep, Christmas.

EscoBlades
07-13-2012, 03:17 PM
In which post (use the #number) was the joystick article first mentioned?

Start of page 3, post 21.

For reference - http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/07/13/creative-director-confirms-assassins-creed-iii-pc-delay-of-sorts/

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Considering Ubi's history, cant see it being right *Same release date for everybody*

Turul.
07-13-2012, 03:21 PM

if i didn't know better i'd say you must be new here

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:22 PM

Lol. I agree.
''Near Christmas'' So...this is December..
That is worse than the rumored November /:

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Start of page 3, post 21.

For reference - http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/07/13/creative-director-confirms-assassins-creed-iii-pc-delay-of-sorts/

No article was mentioned as I said. It was a very fair assumption by me that Hasoon was responding to the other guy when he asked about what was said in the video. Also you started this by faceplaming me, which was completely uncalled for. Especially since I had good reasons to post what I did. I don't think Hasoon was offende at all. Then you accuse me of: "acting like a child on the forum". You should feel ashamed of yourself!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:24 PM
.....Yep, blowing out of proportions again.
Time 246970.

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 03:25 PM

So how did I missinterpret the quote? Be specific. What does it mean that the game will out "October 30th, world wide, on every platform known to man."? Please teach me!

EscoBlades
07-13-2012, 03:26 PM
No article was mentioned as I said. It was a very fair assumption by me that Hasoon was responding to the other guy when he asked about what was said in the video. Also you started this by faceplaming me, which was completely uncalled for. Especially since I had good reasons to post what I did. I don't think Hasoon was offende at all. Then you accuse me of: "acting like a child on the forum". You should feel ashamed of yourself!

Your comment was in response to Hasoooon, who was referring to the Joystiq article. You tried to prove him wrong. I corrected you by pointing out that Alex has said two different things in the space of a few hours (to different press outlets). You then got your panties in a twist because i used the word facepalm (which i use here on a regular basis with other adults)

And here we are. read back. or don't. I don't really care either way.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:26 PM
It is something doing with the forum. Here, at times, people missinterpret certain quotes or what other people say.
Esco@ We all use the facepalm.

Turul.
07-13-2012, 03:29 PM

or you could actually read things, like this article (http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/13/3156512/assassins-creed-3-pc-version-delayed-past-october-30th-release-date) and educate yourself instead of jumping to conclusions based on one quote that we all know wasn't even the truth to begin with.

also you've made yourself an enemy of a VERY resepcted member of the community.

PC isn't even a "console" anyways.....SMH

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:32 PM
or you could actually read things, like this article (http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/13/3156512/assassins-creed-3-pc-version-delayed-past-october-30th-release-date) and educate yourself instead of jumping to conclusions based on one quote that we all know wasn't even the truth to begin with.

Esco has a army, so this guy has a point.
And PC is a software or system, not a console.

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 03:36 PM

So how did I missinterpret the quote? Be specific. What does it mean that the game will out "October 30th, world wide, on every platform known to man."? Please teach me!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Alex is asked the same questions several times a day.
He was just tired, he did not feel like naming all the platforms. So he just said every platform known to man. He may have forgot about what he said.

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Alex is asked the same questions several times a day.
He was just tired, he did not feel like naming all the platforms. So he just said every platform known to man. He may have forgot about what he said.

This is a perfectly reasonable response. But a guy like Esco could never say something like this since it implies Alex made a misstake. In his fanboy brain Ubi doesn't make misstakes.

EscoBlades
07-13-2012, 03:44 PM
People are so protective of Ubisoft in this forum that they can't even say something like: "I think Alex misspoke and that he meant only on consoles". Reason being that "misspoke" would imply Alex made a misstake, and Ubi employes never make misstakes :eek:!

YOU are missing the point. The Verge article you got linked to, and the Joystiq article were all formed off quotes (direct quotes) from Alex. They were posted a lot earlier than the video which forms the basis of your thread. Regardless, Alex said one thing. Someone brought it up. You directly quoted them in an attempt to prove them wrong based on something ELSe Alex said. Then you went at me for pointing that out to you. Simples.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:45 PM
I simply think Alex is a human.
He gets tired of having too repeat everything 10 times a day, he let a minor thing slip, it is not big deal.

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 03:50 PM
YOU are missing the point. The Verge article you got linked to, and the Joystiq article were all formed off quotes (direct quotes) from Alex. They were posted a lot earlier than the video which forms the basis of your thread. Regardless, Alex said one thing. Someone brought it up. You directly quoted them in an attempt to prove them wrong based on something ELSe Alex said. Then you went at me for pointing that out to you. Simples.

Like I said it was hard for me to know that. And I still think my assumption was reasonable (like I said in my first response to u). *Facepalm* means what I did was completely stupid, which I just think is very unfair.

EscoBlades
07-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Like I said it was hard for me to know that. And I still think my assumption was reasonable (like I said in my first response to u). *Facepalm* means what I did was completely stupid, which I just think is very unfair.

Either you haven't been on these forums long, or you haven't been on the internet long. Facepalm is not nearly as bad as the multitude of things i could have said in that instance. No matter, apologies for making you feel bad with my comment, i assumed you'd take it in slight jest.

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Either you haven't been on these forums long, or you haven't been on the internet long. Facepalm is not nearly as bad as the multitude of things i could have said in that instance. No matter, apologies for making you feel bad with my comment, i assumed you'd take it in slight jest.

Ok this escolated.. a bit out of control. I'm sorry too. Having a rough time lately (know shouldn't blame stuff on that). Anyway sorry if I offended anyone. Take care and keep up the good work with ur pod casts ;)!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:57 PM
For once things end in a civil manner...

Sushiglutton
07-13-2012, 03:59 PM
For once things end in a civil manner...

Ok that's it :mad:! Now I'm coming after you!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Woah woah, I did nothing wrong...
Just generally, things escalate too much, this time they ended well.

Turul.
07-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Ok this escolated.. a bit out of control. I'm sorry too. Having a rough time lately (know shouldn't blame stuff on that). Anyway sorry if I offended anyone. Take care and keep up the good work with ur pod casts ;)!

escolated?

dont you mean ESCOBLADED? Ba dum tsshhh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI)

Black_Widow9
07-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Alright let's get back to the Topic at hand please.

notafanboy
07-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Alex is a human, he makes mistakes. there is nothing fun or relevant to discuss here

Assassin_M
07-14-2012, 12:06 AM
You guys really need to lighten up on the guy..

I mean I bet he gets asked that question on twitter, on facebook and during Interviews, he`s probably heard it thousands of times, so the his answer does show that he`s bloody tired xD

Stroonzje
07-14-2012, 05:37 PM
He says... every platform, then says most platforms..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 05:40 PM

I mean I bet he gets asked that question on twitter, on facebook and during Interviews, he`s probably heard it thousands of times, so the his answer does show that he`s bloody tired xD

They are alot of platforms, he is a human, he gets tired of saying them with a straight happy face /:

BBALive
07-14-2012, 05:56 PM
"Turns out that there was some confusion during the Assassin's Creed 3's San Diego Comic-Con panel earlier this week. Reached for comment today, a Ubisoft spokesman told us the PC version of the game is still slated for an Oct. 30 release. Reports contrary to that date, including our story linking out to Joystiq, were incorrect they said."

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/13/3156512/assassins-creed-3-pc-version-delayed-past-october-30th-release-date
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/12/assassins-creed-3-pc-delay-confirmed-to-drop-before-christmas/

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 05:57 PM
LOL.
Everybody raged for nothing.

Lass4r
07-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Good for you PC gamers! =) Will be interesting to see if it actually comes out at the same time as the console versions this time.

AssassinGame1
07-14-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm sorry but... Ubisoft were lying, there really is a delay for the PC. Same with all the other Assassin's Creed games; theres always been a delay for the PC in the AC series...
Sorry. :(

AssassinGame1
07-14-2012, 08:55 PM

That was very thoughtful...

TheFrontLine
07-14-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm sorry but... Ubisoft were lying, there really is a delay for the PC. Same with all the other Assassin's Creed games; theres always been a delay for the PC in the AC series...

Can you give me a link?
A bunch of sites link JoyStiq as a source, but JoyStiq has updated it, but they haven't.

MT4K
07-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Can you give me a link?
A bunch of sites link JoyStiq as a source, but JoyStiq has updated it, but they haven't.

To be honest nobody really knows a proper answer anymore with all this back and fourth going on. I would say just go with the idea that it hasn't actually been announced officially yet with a release date at all (which is pretty much true).

TheFrontLine
07-14-2012, 09:09 PM
To be honest nobody really knows a proper answer anymore with all this back and fourth going on. I would say just go with the idea that it hasn't actually been announced officially yet with a release date at all (which is pretty much true).

Didn't a PR say it is set to ship with the consoles? Or is a PR not, err... a credible source?

MT4K
07-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Didn't a PR say it is set to ship with the consoles? Or is a PR not, err... a credible source?

To be fair they have said stuff like that with previous titles. I'd say until a full on official date is given. I personally won't be putting a date to it at all.

BBALive
07-14-2012, 09:38 PM

There isn't a delay until they say otherwise.

Until it is officially announced, it is not delayed.

Lonesoldier2012
07-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Including PS Vita and Nintendo 3DS?