PDA

View Full Version : It's finally revealed (PC DELAY)

IMRicko
07-13-2012, 07:43 AM
GameSpy: So when's the PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when's the real PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: It's October 30th.

GameSpy: Uh huh. And can you say that with a straight face?

Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

Ubisoft PR: ...

Answer : Ubi announced the delay on 13 July 2012.
Note: UBI YOU CAN'T LIE TO ME ANYMORE

More details to those who hasn't seen it: http://www.slashgear.com/assassins-creed-3-pc-hit-with-a-delay-12238404/

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1268/tumblrlvrf58vbkl1qibz0j.png

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 07:44 AM
....I had hope Ubi would not do this...
Oh well.

imonthenet
07-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Expected, I don't mind though, I'd rather they take an extra month to make it better rather then release a glitchy incomplete port

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 07:48 AM
The problem is, most of the time it is a glitchy un-complete port /:

shanethebouncer
07-13-2012, 07:49 AM
We've known about this interview for a long time. This confirms nothing.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 07:50 AM
We all know it is delayed, so meh.

shanethebouncer
07-13-2012, 07:53 AM
What an open minded inquiry hasooon helpful as always.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 07:55 AM
What an open minded inquiry hasooon helpful as always.

....Your point? .__.

kanetsb
07-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Expected, I don't mind though, I'd rather they take an extra month to make it better rather then release a glitchy incomplete port

This delay is either due to deals with MS/Sony or an attempt to sell both the console and the PC versions to impatient users. Nothing to do with bug fixing. One game leaked before "it's time" - it was the same stuff as what was released months later.

Helforsite
07-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Can confirm that ACR was ready to torrent a week before offical release on PC and I am not afraid to say that i thought about downloading it and canceling my pre-order!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Can confirm that ACR was ready to torrent a week before offical release on PC and I am not afraid to say that i thought about downloading it and canceling my pre-order!

Doing that will only encourage them too do those delays and think of PC players lower.

D.I.D.
07-13-2012, 04:10 PM

And yet if this happened again with ACIII, if it had an all-platforms release date of Oct 30th, then it'd be on torrent from the 23rd Oct.

I get your point though; the difference in treatment makes some customers consider piracy when they would never normally have done so. Some games companies seem to understand that issue, and the inevitability of piracy, and realise the best thing to do is to bite the bullet on behalf of the customers who will pay and reap the benefits of a sense of shared respect. It's a miracle anybody's buying music at all given the ease of illegal distribution of small files, and music companies had to learn to serve the paying customer and forget about the others. It's not so easy for a really big games company handling multi-million dollar projects, with investors and shareholders demanding to know what is being done to combat piracy.

LightRey
07-13-2012, 04:34 PM
The OP is incorrect. The PC release date was never announced. I can guarantee you that there has been absolutely no Ubisoft representative that has claimed that the PC release date was October 30th. In fact, even now the exact date hasn't been announced.

TheHumanTowel
07-13-2012, 04:37 PM
The OP is incorrect. The PC release date was never announced. I can guarantee you that there has been absolutely no Ubisoft representative that has claimed that the PC release date was October 30th. In fact, even now the exact date hasn't been announced.
So it isn't officially delayed?

AnthonyA85
07-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Well, i said this in the other PC Delayed thread. I saw this coming from the day they announced the Console release. Lets be honest people, who here DIDN'T see this coming from day one? Oh well, it least it's only a month delay, and not half a year.

imonthenet
07-13-2012, 04:44 PM
So it isn't officially delayed?

Nope. Now we just know it won't be released at the same time as consoles

TheHumanTowel
07-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Nope. Now we just know it won't be released at the same time as consoles
The twist: PC version releases in August 2 months before console release.

MT4K
07-13-2012, 04:48 PM
The twist: PC version releases in August 2 months before console release.

I don't think i would be able to handle all the whining from the Console players if that happened. Yet they always moan about the PC players :D

dxsxhxcx
07-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Doing that will only encourage them too do those delays and think of PC players lower.

he didn't thought about download the game because it was available, he thought about download it because Ubisoft delayed the game for some weeks (two weeks if I'm not wrong) and yet the final product became available on the internet around a week before the PC release date... which means that the game was finished by the time they released the console versions...

And yet if this happened again with ACIII, if it had an all-platforms release date of Oct 30th, then it'd be on torrent from the 23rd Oct.

if I'm not wrong the Xbox and PS3 versions also leaked one week before the release date, these leaks aren't something exclusive of PC and happen on consoles probably at the same rate as the PC version of some games...

rupok93
07-13-2012, 04:56 PM

I get your point though; the difference in treatment makes some customers consider piracy when they would never normally have done so. Some games companies seem to understand that issue, and the inevitability of piracy, and realise the best thing to do is to bite the bullet on behalf of the customers who will pay and reap the benefits of a sense of shared respect. It's a miracle anybody's buying music at all given the ease of illegal distribution of small files, and music companies had to learn to serve the paying customer and forget about the others. It's not so easy for a really big games company handling multi-million dollar projects, with investors and shareholders demanding to know what is being done to combat piracy.

your assumption is incorrect. For pc games the pirated versions are usually out on release day. Only games that are finished already get these early releases proving that ubisoft holds of the release dates and nothing more, the game did not change from the pirated version at all. Btw for consoles its worse. ACR was released almost a month before actual release date. Also I bought the game before you say anything but ya its disappointing when you see that pirates get to play the game early while you have to wait for your legitimate copy of the game.

BBALive
07-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Update: Ubisoft has told Polygon that the story derived from Hutchinson's comments is not correct, and that the PC version of Assassin's Creed 3 is still on track for October 30. Ubisoft PR has not responded to our requests for further comment.

EscoBlades
07-13-2012, 07:28 PM
All we've had from PR is "The PC release date is yet to be confirmed"

And we are back to square one.

dxsxhxcx
07-13-2012, 07:31 PM
All we've had from PR is "The PC release date is yet to be confirmed"

And we are back to square one.

a Ubisoft spokesman told us the PC version of the game is still slated for an Oct. 30 release.

source: http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/7/13/3156512/assassins-creed-3-pc-version-delayed-past-october-30th-release-date

AnthonyA85
07-13-2012, 07:59 PM
I will believe it on the 30th of October, not a minute before.

sticks165
07-13-2012, 08:38 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/13/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-3-pc-delayed

LightRey
07-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Square one it is, yes yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pdAcvAtEjw

D.I.D.
07-14-2012, 01:13 AM
your assumption is incorrect. For pc games the pirated versions are usually out on release day. Only games that are finished already get these early releases proving that ubisoft holds of the release dates and nothing more, the game did not change from the pirated version at all. Btw for consoles its worse. ACR was released almost a month before actual release date. Also I bought the game before you say anything but ya its disappointing when you see that pirates get to play the game early while you have to wait for your legitimate copy of the game.

I'm not making an assumption. I was following a hypothetical line based on the comment I quoted, which said ACR was available a week in advance, and then making a point based on the same idea.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. There's no formalised system on when an illegal copy of a game will be shared.

anik_lc
07-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Please don't do this to me UBISOFT. I'm dying to play this on PC. Don't delay. Let me save the world from perishing.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Please don't do this to me UBISOFT. I'm dying to play this on PC. Don't delay. Let me save the world from perishing.

They are confusing the hell out of everybody. One minute they say yes, one minute no delay.