PDA

View Full Version : AC3 novel disappointment

FirestarLuva
07-12-2012, 05:36 PM
So I was browsing around AC wiki and was happy to find out that the cover for the AC3 novel was released and other important info. But I was really disappointed when I read it would be only 368 pages. 368 PAGES!? Is that how much Connor's story is long? I mean the ACB and ACR novels in which 80% was side missions got an over 500 pages book, while Connor's story which will be longer than AC2 gets 368? I gotta say what a waste..got me actually surprised since from what we've heard of Connor so far seemed like it's gonna be a really interesting story...:'( I was hoping for an over 500 pages book where we'd get to see a lot of the story and Connor's character development, 368 pages seems rushed. Or maybe even AC3 won't even be that long.

Here's the link :

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Forsaken

freddie_1897
07-12-2012, 06:20 PM
i don't really care, all of the books were horribly bad imo

FirestarLuva
07-12-2012, 06:21 PM

Well, The Secret Crusade was well-written. The only one, sadly.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Maybe they didn't bother with novelizing the side-quests this time?

freddie_1897
07-12-2012, 06:27 PM
maybe they didn't bother with the main storyline, and only did the side quests?

oh how bad it would be

WolfTemplar94
07-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Wait, how do they novelize the side missions? That sounds extremely boring in all honesty.

MasterSimaYi
07-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Wait, how do they novelize the side missions? That sounds extremely boring in all honesty.

Nope, they didn't.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-12-2012, 08:00 PM
maybe this a hint that Desmond will have more play time than his ancestor in this upcoming game :D

Layytez
07-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Quality over quantity.

Assassin_M
07-12-2012, 08:09 PM
This means nothing, really..

A few implications could be that Desmond gets more play time as said above and that there may be no unrecorded events like in past novels( Embers` events, Cristina story, and Cesare`s chase)

Im sure that this has absolutely no negative side regarding the game, Devs said its biggest game ? then I`d rather believe the devs..

RatonhnhakeFan
07-12-2012, 08:10 PM
maybe they didn't bother with the main storyline, and only did the side quests?

oh how bad it would be
Who wouldn't be excited excited for 10-pages descriptions of collecting flags? :p

LoyalACFan
07-12-2012, 08:53 PM
A lot of game's content will probably be random, unscripted events (like hunting, free-roaming, sailing, participating in clubs, etc.) that wouldn't be written into the novelization. I mean, a full third of my game time with my first play-through of Red Dead Redemption was taken up by bounty hunting, horse wrangling, and shooting animals, but if they made a book about the game, all that stuff wouldn't be in there, would it? I expect the same will hold true here with AC3.

FirestarLuva
07-12-2012, 09:03 PM
maybe this a hint that Desmond will have more play time than his ancestor in this upcoming game :D

I'm not sure the devs would take such a risk, I mean, in a few short months, Connor already has a really huge fanbase and not many actually care about Desmond. Don't get me wrong I'm alright with Desmond, but the majority of fans will probably boycott the game if that happens. I know I will, lol, jk. But seruously, I can see that happening.

MasterSimaYi
07-12-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure the devs would take such a risk, I mean, in a few short months, Connor already has a really huge fanbase and not many actually care about Desmond. Don't get me wrong I'm alright with Desmond, but the majority of fans will probably boycott the game if that happens. I know I will, lol, jk. But seruously, I can see that happening.

Are we finally get more screentime and development with the game series' protagonist? Boycott it!

FirestarLuva
07-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Are we finally get more screentime and development with the game series' protagonist? Boycott it!

I don't know if there was sarcasm in your comment or not, but, why spend almost three years trying to develop a new character, his looks, personality and background if he's not going to have the main spotlight in the game or is going to appear only 50% in it. I don't say Desmond isn't important, but people actually find Connor more interesting and want to get to know him and relate to him as much as they did with Ezio. Even the devs found Connor to be a bigger challenge and hope everyone loves him as much as previous protagonists. Since we already know much of Desmond's back story already and devs have spent years creating Connor, I'm leaving it to you to find out who do you think deserves more screen time. Desmond may be the series' protagonist, but Connor is too, since without him, Desmond wouldn't be able to become the 'ultimate' assassin. And don't think I'm actually inventing this right now, if you find it hard to believe, I can find you a link to everything I've just wrote here. And just to add, if I anyway 'offended' you by giving away my opinion then I'm sorry :)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 11:40 PM

Secret Crusade was badass.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-13-2012, 08:55 PM
I don't know if there was sarcasm in your comment or not, but, why spend almost three years trying to develop a new character, his looks, personality and background if he's not going to have the main spotlight in the game or is going to appear only 50% in it. I don't say Desmond isn't important, but people actually find Connor more interesting and want to get to know him and relate to him as much as they did with Ezio. Even the devs found Connor to be a bigger challenge and hope everyone loves him as much as previous protagonists. Since we already know much of Desmond's back story already and devs have spent years creating Connor, I'm leaving it to you to find out who do you think deserves more screen time. Desmond may be the series' protagonist, but Connor is too, since without him, Desmond wouldn't be able to become the 'ultimate' assassin. And don't think I'm actually inventing this right now, if you find it hard to believe, I can find you a link to everything I've just wrote here. And just to add, if I anyway 'offended' you by giving away my opinion then I'm sorry :)

It's not much about, if anyone cares about Desmond or not, I am just psyched to see how the modern day assassin world has been formulated and how they operate. Since every time period has a slightly different approach in "getting rid of" the "bad guys". I mean yeah Ratonhnhaké:ton is a bad *** looking character, but beyond just the gameplay and the personality of the main protagonists I would like to see how the modern day world will unfold and how they approached developing the actual scenery, story, levels, etc. in the modern day world. It would suck if we only get a slice of the modern day world to play in like one moment your in this cube outside the van, then your are in a cave. then your are in a facility, then game over. Are we going to finally get a full free roam level(s) as Desmond in the modern world ? That is pretty much why I want to see the modern world more than just a great looking character's personality.

FirestarLuva
07-13-2012, 09:19 PM
It's not much about, if anyone cares about Desmond or not, I am just psyched to see how the modern day assassin world has been formulated and how they operate. Since every time period has a slightly different approach in "getting rid of" the "bad guys". I mean yeah Ratonhnhaké:ton is a bad *** looking character, but beyond just the gameplay and the personality of the main protagonists I would like to see how the modern day world will unfold and how they approached developing the actual scenery, story, levels, etc. in the modern day world. It would suck if we only get a slice of the modern day world to play in like one moment your in this cube outside the van, then your are in a cave. then your are in a facility, then game over. Are we going to finally get a full free roam level(s) as Desmond in the modern world ? That is pretty much why I want to see the modern world more than just a great looking character's personality.

Yes. I'm not saying I hate Desmond, and would like to find out how the modern day story turns out. It's just that I don't want Desmond to overshadow Connor as a new character, since everyone are hyped to get something different than Ezio after three games. :)