PDA

View Full Version : Liberation Extended Reveal Trailer

NeroInfernoF7
07-11-2012, 05:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tq-p6WcolY&feature=ytfce

eagleforlife1
07-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Cool, thanks.

Mackandal was a Haitian slave that rebelled against the French. I wonder if that is a hint that we will be visiting Haiti in Liberation.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Wow, she runs FAST o_O

ImPinheadDan
07-12-2012, 02:23 AM
Come to think of it. Are there going to be Naval Battles in this game like the ones in ACIII? They did say you can travel to mexico and the Caribbean or whatever.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 02:24 AM
Not sure how a black girl at that time period could really own a ship.
And before anybody says Connor, Connor is friends with Washington.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-12-2012, 02:28 AM
Not sure how a black girl at that time period could really own a ship.Many black women in Louisiana during that period acquired much wealth and power thanks to the temporary marriages with white colonists. Aveline herself is a daughter of a black woman slave (I think she's a slave) and white rich merchant so through her father, she could perhaps own a ship.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 02:30 AM
I forgot about her father...
Actually, same thing with Connor, he has a British father + connections.
I guess we may just get some portable Naval action.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-12-2012, 02:35 AM
I forgot about her father...
Actually, same thing with Connor, he has a British father + connections.
I guess we may just get some portable Naval action.Well, Ratonhnhake:ton's father could be just some poor English farmer, in such case, the ethnicity & nationality of his father wouldn't help at all in gaining an access to a ship. But we pretty much expect that it will be Charles Lee lol (a General in Continental Army) so yeah :p

Acrimonious_Nin
07-12-2012, 02:45 AM
what is the name of the song ??!?

ImPinheadDan
07-12-2012, 02:55 AM
what is the name of the song ??!?

Glass Bats for lashes.

ImPinheadDan
07-12-2012, 02:58 AM
Many black women in Louisiana during that period acquired much wealth and power thanks to the temporary marriages with white colonists. Aveline herself is a daughter of a black woman slave (I think she's a slave) and white rich merchant so through her father, she could perhaps own a ship.

Aveline's mother was an African placée bride.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 02:59 AM
I like how the team addressed those kind of things, not just like ''Yeah, black..but she still has a ship with no explanation''

imonthenet
07-12-2012, 03:02 AM
This title is looking increasingly enticing. Gonna have to start saving money if I want it alongside ACIII though. Aveline is looking to be a very capable Assassin and I really think this could be a strong game

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 03:03 AM
But no hood :nonchalance:

imonthenet
07-12-2012, 03:12 AM

Yeah kind of a bummer for me too, but I suppose if they wish to be historically accurate that's how things have to be :/ *sigh* Why does Ubisoft have to be so dedicated ;)

ImPinheadDan
07-12-2012, 03:20 AM

Why are so many people complaining about the no hood? Its more realistic because you don't stick out like a sore thumb.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 03:21 AM
It is iconic, and actually, they blend less somewhat, since you can recognize the face without the hood.

ImPinheadDan
07-12-2012, 03:31 AM
The hood has been in AC1 - pre ACIII
I think someone would of recognize that.

Acrimonious_Nin
07-12-2012, 03:35 AM
It is iconic, and actually, they blend less somewhat, since you can recognize the face without the hood.

Yeah, I agree it is iconic.. :D

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 03:42 AM
The hood has been in AC1 - pre ACIII
I think someone would of recognize that.

Not really, AC1- Monk
ACII-Flashy Renaissance costume
ACIII-Hunter

ImPinheadDan
07-12-2012, 04:12 AM
Not really, AC1- Monk
ACII-Flashy Renaissance costume
ACIII-Hunter

Wat

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 04:12 AM
Each of those time periods, the hood fit with something.
AC1- He looked like a monk.
ACII- Flashy renaissance costume
ACIII- Hunters used too put on hoods.

Serrachio
07-12-2012, 09:41 AM
If we're going to expect the Assassins to blend in with society, them going out every day and wearing a hood won't fit in most of the time.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Actually, it easily can. There would be a video that was posted a while back that demonstrates how they blend, it is like everybody is throwing passes around, and there is a black panda moon walking, most would not notice it, and that is how the Assassin's blend.

Serrachio
07-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Actually, it easily can. There would be a video that was posted a while back that demonstrates how they blend, it is like everybody is throwing passes around, and there is a black panda moon walking, most would not notice it, and that is how the Assassin's blend.

Doesn't mean that they must have a hood EVERY time.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 09:48 AM
But it is iconic of our protagonist's too have them :nonchalance:

Timeaus
07-12-2012, 09:57 AM
I like the hood, it makes them more mysterious and badass. Plus Connor needs to wear a hood because it's very cold in winter in New England and to protect him from the Sun in the summer time also the rain as well ;) :p

MasterSimaYi
07-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Aveline is the exception that makes the rule.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 10:16 AM
I dont think they will ever make a main AC game without a hood.

MT4K
07-12-2012, 10:21 AM
I dont think they will ever make a main AC game without a hood.

Well the robes are kind of like a uniform you might wear to work or something :P. Unless the Assassins have a "Casual Friday" :D.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 10:23 AM
I dont think it is a uniform, all of our Assassin's just randomly happen too use white...xD

MT4K
07-12-2012, 10:30 AM
I dont think it is a uniform, all of our Assassin's just randomly happen too use white...xD

The devs said in an interview that is one of the reasons why Connor has a more assassin look rather than a more native look. Because they sort of saw the assassin robes like a uniform ;). They was talking about why Connor's outfit stands out more than it should or something like that.

I don't often just say random things you know :D. Well sometimes... Forget it :P.

Please don't ask for a source though :( it be quite difficult to find one phrase in all the interviews released :S. Hopefully somebody else remembers hearing or reading it though lol.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
The devs said in an interview that is one of the reasons why Connor has a more assassin look rather than a more native look. Because they sort of saw the assassin robes like a uniform ;). They was talking about why Connor's outfit stands out more than it should or something like that.

I don't often just say random things you know :D. Well sometimes... Forget it :P.

Please don't ask for a source though :( it be quite difficult to find one phrase in all the interviews released :S. Hopefully somebody else remembers hearing or reading it though lol.

Obviously he will look like an Assassin, it is called Assassin's Creed .___.

Serrachio
07-12-2012, 10:32 AM

They mentioned that it would look like a dress uniform, which was often worn by soldiers in the American Revolutionary War, but he would retain some of his Native heritage by including certain things with it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Wait...what?
They wanted too dress him up as a Bluecoat?

MT4K
07-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Well i just remembered the word uniform :P.. Either way it doesn't really matter. He still looks cool.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Honestly that would have been terrible. A Assassin's Creed without our good old robes and hood does not really feel like a AC game.

MT4K
07-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Honestly that would have been terrible. A Assassin's Creed without our good old robes and hood does not really feel like a AC game.

The robes are one of the iconic things about the series. It would be a pretty drastic change to remove those :O.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Too drastic infact, change is awesome, but you need too keep the things that make your series recognizable.
Here, fro example the hidden blade, it is still the hidden blade we all know and love, but with a spin on it.

MT4K
07-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Too drastic infact, change is awesome, but you need too keep the things that make your series recognizable.
Here, fro example the hidden blade, it is still the hidden blade we all know and love, but with a spin on it.

Yeah. I couldn't believe all the people complaining when they thought the Hidden Blade had been removed *facepalm* Like seriously as if they would remove something like the weapon that defines the whole series really :-/.

Either way. short of derailing the thread too much. The Liberation trailer is still pretty cool :).

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 10:59 AM
It seems now they are going with it's advertising with full force.
Oddly, Liberation got a extended trailer but not AC III.
I wonder if there is a alternate for Aveline with the hood.....

eagleforlife1
07-12-2012, 11:37 AM
It seems now they are going with it's advertising with full force.
Oddly, Liberation got a extended trailer but not AC III.
I wonder if there is a alternate for Aveline with the hood.....

I hope not, I really like her look as it is.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
I really would not mind hood, since it is a iconic thing in the series.

NeroInfernoF7
07-12-2012, 11:45 AM
I hope not, I really like her look as it is.

Same here, Avaline looks really badass without a hood.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Same here, Avaline looks really badass without a hood.

BLASEMPHY, THIS IS MADNESS!
No seriously, why not have a cool alternate with a hood?

NeroInfernoF7
07-12-2012, 11:48 AM
BLASEMPHY, THIS IS MADNESS!
No seriously, why not have a cool alternate with a hood?

I don't know, I usually think it's badass with a hood, but I don't think Avaline would fit with one...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 11:54 AM
She does look badass, but for the people who want a hood, why not make a alternate?

Serrachio
07-12-2012, 12:46 PM
She does look badass, but for the people who want a hood, why not make a alternate?

Because Ubisoft aren't obligated to. It's just what you want, and despite how much you ask for it, they don't have to make it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Just like they are not obligated too show Blue Coats being killed yet people want too.
Many people would like a hood option *Atleast people I saw on the internet* why not add it in?

Serrachio
07-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Just like they are not obligated too show Blue Coats being killed yet people want too.
Many people would like a hood option *Atleast people I saw on the internet* why not add it in?

Ubisoft have said that there are Templars on both sides. Colonists will be killed in the final game.

Not saying they won't add a hood or something, but you just keep repeating it over and over. We get it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Just like they said the Revelations E3 demo is ''half way through the game'' while infact it is 8/10 way through? :nonchalance:
Just nevermind...

Serrachio
07-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Just like they said the Revelations E3 demo is ''half way through the game'' while infact it is 8/10 way through? :nonchalance:
Just nevermind...

And why does that matter now?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 12:59 PM
No reason, just saying in general, dont always take what the dev says for granted...