PDA

View Full Version : What is Connor exactly fighting for?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 09:10 AM
So, we all know of Connors backstory, his village got burned too the ground by white Colonists, but what exactly do he fight for?
Freedom? liberty? or his people?
Does he fight in the intentions of freedom, or does he rather fight for his people who are being mistreated?
Just thought I would see what people think.

Legendz54
07-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Connor fights for all three of those things "Freedom. liberty and his people" When he finds out the templars oppose those, he joins the Assassins because they fight the templars. His people are his encouragement to fight for freedom, while also trying to find a place for them in America.
So YES he does fight with intention of freedom AND the people who are being mistreated.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 09:25 AM
I dont think he is trying too find a place for his people. He actually wants too get rid of all outsiders *Europeans*. But he acknowledges he is part of the problem.
Just wondering, would you guys classify Connor's actions as ''Fighting for his country'' or ''dieing for his country''

Legendz54
07-11-2012, 09:28 AM
I dont think he is trying too find a place for his people. He actually wants too get rid of all outsiders *Europeans*. But he acknowledges he is part of the problem.
Just wondering, would you guys classify Connor's actions as ''Fighting for his country'' or ''dieing for his country''

Of course he would be trying to find a place for his people, they are getting driven out of their homes, These are the people who he grew up with and he has seen getting slaughtered,he has accepted the colonists are not leaving, but still does not like them.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Well yeah, but if his dialouge is anything too go by, he did say Repel all outsiders, so he really does not like them in the land.

brefcourte
07-11-2012, 09:33 AM
freeeeeedddooooooooooooooom!!!!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 09:37 AM
The thing that is interesting too me, some may find it trivial, is fighting for his people the same as fighting for his country?

WolfTemplar94
07-11-2012, 11:17 AM
I think part of Connor wants to fight all of the Europeans, but a bigger part of him knows that he can never win, so I guess he reluctantly tries to find middle ground. The middle ground involves ridding the colony of it's Templars that stand on both sides of the war.

In simpler terms, his heart is with his fellow natives, but he fights for everybody.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 11:18 AM
I think we can say he fights for the Assassin's, tho the reason I asked the above if he is doing something along the lines of ''fighting for his country'' fit with the Assassin ideology.

MasterSimaYi
07-11-2012, 11:18 AM
"Justice" is the term and concept that was commonly used by the devs in regards to Connor's motivations.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Justice is an interesting concept too see in that time, from a Native perspective.

LightRey
07-11-2012, 11:45 AM
He fights for justice. The devs have said that like a thousand times already.

Assassin_M
07-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Its not from a native perspective, its from the Assassin one, which has a much generalized view on justice..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Justice, but for who? what?
What perspective are we talking about here?

LightRey
07-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Justice, but for who? what?
What perspective are we talking about here?
They said really just justice in general, for the people, but focusing a little on his own people in particular.

Assassin_M
07-11-2012, 11:59 AM
They said really just justice in general, for the people, but focusing a little on his own people in particular.
The Assassin perspective view Justice as in justice for people in general, like LightRey says, but Connor is also looking for justice to his people..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Not sure how that fits into the ideology well..

Assassin_M
07-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Which Ideology ?

LightRey
07-11-2012, 12:03 PM
You mean the Assassin ideology? How doesn't it?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Their views of justice may be I dont know...a bit more universal?
Not just for Connors people, but like all across, equally. Equality?

LightRey
07-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Connor doesn't want justice more for his people than for the others. He just focuses on his people because of his ties to them. It's not like he has a preference.

TheHumanTowel
07-11-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm pretty sure Connor would see it as justice for his people if they were seen as equal with everyone. I think Connor's personal goals line up quite nicely with the Assassin's general goals.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:14 PM
I think he kinds knows by now they cant be equal, which is sad really...
I wonder how this will pan out in the game.

Assassin_M
07-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Connor doesn't want justice more for his people than for the others. He just focuses on his people because of his ties to them. It's not like he has a preference.
Exactly, Connor`s people faced injustices before, during and after the Revolution, so in his quest for Universal justice, he`s also looking for justice for his people..
evident by him helping a European Citizen in the Boston gameplay demo

Assassin_M
07-11-2012, 12:16 PM
I think he kinds knows by now they cant be equal, which is sad really...
I wonder how this will pan out in the game.
which is exactly why he joined the Assassins, to actually find a place for his people, because he knows that neither Colonists nor the Redcoats care about his people..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:18 PM
From what we can gather, he basically joined too fight tyranny and injustice that was inflicted on his people at an early age by the white Colonists.

NeroInfernoF7
07-11-2012, 12:18 PM
freeeeeedddooooooooooooooom!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfnj4ZnUr6I

Assassin_M
07-11-2012, 12:20 PM
From what we can gather, he basically joined too fight tyranny and injustice that was inflicted on his people at an early age by the white Colonists.
No, justice in general, which happens to include justice for his people.

Again, evident by him saving a Colonist Civilian from the stocks. if it was just for his people then Connor would`v minded his own business and moved along..

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Sorry, I meant joined too fight tyranny and injustice AFTER he saw that inflicted on his kin.

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 12:25 PM
He fights for free cake.

Assassin_M
07-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Sorry, I meant joined too fight tyranny and injustice AFTER he saw that inflicted on his kin.
Motivation. He doesn't want any Injustice befall anyone else after seeing what happened to his people..

LightRey
07-11-2012, 12:28 PM
That seems to be spot on. I think what happened to his village is what inspired his fight for justice.

He fights for free cake.
The cake is a lie. D:

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 12:29 PM
The cake is not a lie, I had some yesterday :nonchalance:

DinoSteve1
07-11-2012, 12:31 PM
dammit I want cake now

brefcourte
07-11-2012, 12:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfnj4ZnUr6I

yes, i was reffering to that scene :)