PDA

View Full Version : When to play The Lost Archives?

kla1991
07-11-2012, 01:47 AM
I've just bought AC:R: The Ottoman Edition, which comes with the The Lost Archives DLC, and I'm wondering when would it be the best idea to play it for maximum impact? During the main story of Revelations, or only after I have finished it? Will the story only make sense after finishing the main story, is it somehow a continuation of the Desmond part of the main story, or is it completely separate from that?

I'm asking becasue I'm triyng to save the ending of the main storyline AC:R, which is probably gonna be epic as always, for the last. I played the Da Vinci Disappearance during my playthrough of AC:B, not AC:R, and it was pretty fine that way. But if The Lost Archives makes more sense after finishing the game, then I'll save it for later.

Also, could someone tell me what mission is the point of no return for this game? (after which missions just keep coming all the way to the end, and you don't have the opportunity to do any side-stuff until you have finished the game) In AC games, that can be pretty unexpected.

imonthenet
07-13-2012, 04:53 AM
The Lost Archive is probably best left until afterwards, but it doesn't contain any spoilers for the main storyline (just like the Da Vinci Disappearance). The reason I say this is because it contains some pretty heavy stuff, and it actually contains what was originally intended to be the major revelation in Revelations (but was cut from the game due to it not fitting with creative director Alex Amancio's vision for the game). Also might I suggest you listen to the podcast with the writer of TLA after you finish, it really helps clear up a lot of what's happening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUtjtZPNxw)

I believe the point of no return is the beginning of sequence 7, but I may be wrong.

kla1991
07-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks, this podcast seems very interesting.

stargate55555
07-19-2012, 10:14 PM
I recommend playing it after finishing the game as it is not really connected to the main story.