PDA

View Full Version : Ubi? Do you need some input?

TheReturn-
07-09-2012, 02:21 PM
In 2001 I bought my first computer game, Ghost Recon with Desert Siege and Island Thunder packs. I played it for 6 years and I would say that it is still one of my favorite games ever. I remember the good old TaG tournament days, CLASSIC!!

Future Soldier has a bit of the same feel, but the porting from consoles obviously ****s it up. I don't get it UBI, why can't you just create a better game? you have gotten dumber since you launched the first ghost recon. There is no longer a game-list, no longer massive chats or possibilites to communicate with others. You cant even chat in-game anymore? I WANNA WHINE WHEN I DIE AND RUB IT IN WHEN I OWN PPL. Even the old buggy ubi.com launcher was 10 times better than this. A game will die out instantly if you can't communicate with other ppl easily, because thats what online gaming is all about. If not we would still play BOTS all day.

And the list goes on.... You can't play Co-op with random ppl, u can't go to options while in a lobby... etc etc...

I don't care a bout all the bugs, cuz they can get fixed. But the other points i just made, really needs to be dealt with... this game has so much potential, but the execution of it SUCKS.

Ive competed for 11 years in different shooters on top level, if u need advice on how to make THE perfect shooter for PC, give me a call. you'll get ****ing rich. We can make Ghost Recon 2 together. :)

Do you even have semi-professional/professional gamers by your side when you create computer games? Or does this game come from your own noobish imaginations of how a game should be? You guys really need some input.

No hard feelings. Im just tryin to help.

stndbfrgrn
07-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Personally I'd like to know why they decided to trash the traditional control options of AI teammates.

PauloG.v2k4
07-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Personally I'd like to know why they decided to trash the traditional control options of AI teammates.

Simple. Game designers and marketing "experts" now see that the gaming market (in the shooter genre) is dumbing down and only want to shoot, shoot, SHOOT! We are all obviously COD players. Targeting the customer that gives you the most money is the best for business.

you have gotten dumber since you launched the first ghost recon.

AFAIK it is completely different developers. Red Storm had complete control over the original series from a development standpoint.

H2H-Mawg
07-09-2012, 03:33 PM
I agree whole heartedly. My main gripe is that the Lobby system totally blows for PC. If this game had dedicated servers...well I cant even imagine how much I would play. I have been gaming for over 25yrs (back in the days of the Bards tale on the commodore 64) and I have never stuck with a game that used a lobby for very long at all. I am soo glad I didn't remove my BF3, at least I can get on and play it! Guess i will continue with BF3 and World of Tanks to pass the time until MOH realeases in Oct. On a side note I am very disappointed that is is as bad as it is because I really had high hopes for this game and there are many things I do like about it, but bottom line is if I cant play it....I won't stick with it. Unfortunately UBI already has my money so what do they care!

JT0484
07-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Yea this is the worst PC ubisoft games that I've purchased. I've expected so much more out of this game. The only good I've seen come out of this game is the story/campaign mode. It sucks not being able to play with random people in singleplayer and guerilla mode. It's hard enough convincing someone to buy a crappy game with tons of bugs that has <10% of working then getting to play with you.

My message to ubisoft: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't abandon us PC gamers, we're loyal customers and we put money into this game. The bugs, low fps and the lack of features in this game is a big step backwards from the previous ubisoft products. It sucks too because PC gamers get patches later than Xbox/PS3 and DLC packs as well (assuming that PC gamers get one). Please listen to the community because in the end we're the ones buying your products.

TheRubz
07-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Yea this is the worst PC ubisoft games that I've purchased. I've expected so much more out of this game. The only good I've seen come out of this game is the story/campaign mode. It sucks not being able to play with random people in singleplayer and guerilla mode. It's hard enough convincing someone to buy a crappy game with tons of bugs that has <10% of working then getting to play with you.

My message to ubisoft: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't abandon us PC gamers, we're loyal customers and we put money into this game. The bugs, low fps and the lack of features in this game is a big step backwards from the previous ubisoft products. It sucks too because PC gamers get patches later than Xbox/PS3 and DLC packs as well (assuming that PC gamers get one). Please listen to the community because in the end we're the ones buying your products.

yeah..im sure they listened..and gave a fark

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
07-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Hi guys, please see here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/689071-Title-Update-1-3-Information-Updated

Pegula
07-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Ok Ubi-Mush, and what should we look for at that link??

TheReturn-
07-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Hi guys, please see here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/689071-Title-Update-1-3-Information-Updated

I have seen it, so, tell me. Are you gonna make new launch client with chat, game-lists, multiplayer coop, fix 100 bugs and all the other flaws? If you are, I'll shut my mouth and play this game for all eternity:D

TheRubz
07-09-2012, 08:15 PM
I have seen it, so, tell me. Are you gonna make new launch client with chat, game-lists, multiplayer coop, fix 100 bugs and all the other flaws? If you are, I'll shut my mouth and play this game for all eternity:D

+1
Ubi replies : No No! U mad? we just gona make the game playable!

TheReturn-
07-09-2012, 09:06 PM
I just want to add with all my *****ing and whining that I think the game in itself is very good (ignoring the thousands of bugs). The menus and lobbies are whats gonna hold the game back.

Exist2Resist
07-09-2012, 09:19 PM

See the thing about PC players is without us there would be no console.
PC gamers drive innovation and gaming. PC still has the largest gaming community in the World, and it is getting bigger with the casual PC game market and technologies like AMDs APU.
So abandoning development for the PC is a shot in your foot. PC gaming will never die and it is strongest than ever.
DICE did it correctly they developed BF3 for the PC and ported to console.
You take the most powerful system and then scale it down, not vice versa.
And please put in a server browser.