PDA

View Full Version : Guerrilla Mode is a SHAM!!

john_chi
07-09-2012, 05:27 AM
Did the devs LIE about Guerilla mode? Or did I get the wrong idea about this game mode? When the devs said that you would have to sneak into another HQ after 10 waves, I thought that you would LITERALLY have to WALK a couple of meters to a different location on the map. Instead I find that you are actually just "stuck" in the same closed off location have to defend the same HQ. At least this is what i am seeing after having played the SHANTY TOWN map. I've seen youtube videos of the TRAMWAY map and noticed that the HQ is moved to a different building but it's still within the same closed off location in the map. I really had high hopes for this mode, I can only hope that we get bigger Guerrilla maps so that the HQ can be moved far enough that you would have to do some good old fashioned Original Ghost Recon still sneaking towards an objective.

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
07-09-2012, 06:06 AM
Did the devs LIE about Guerilla mode? Or did I get the wrong idea about this game mode? When the devs said that you would have to sneak into another HQ after 10 waves, I thought that you would LITERALLY have to WALK a couple of meters to a different location on the map. Instead I find that you are actually just "stuck" in the same closed off location have to defend the same HQ. At least this is what i am seeing after having played the SHANTY TOWN map. I've seen youtube videos of the TRAMWAY map and noticed that the HQ is moved to a different building but it's still within the same closed off location in the map. I really had high hopes for this mode, I can only hope that we get bigger Guerrilla maps so that the HQ can be moved far enough that you would have to do some good old fashioned Original Ghost Recon still sneaking towards an objective.

You have to switch and move to a different location after every 10 waves.

Raven007140
07-09-2012, 07:38 AM
I too thought the maps would be MUCH bigger. The maps are way too small, they got us good, HA HA HA, you guys are so funny ,,!,,(o.o),,!,,

john_chi
07-10-2012, 12:17 AM
You have to switch and move to a different location after every 10 waves.

Srry, but i was under the impression that the location of the next HQ would be MUCH more than 3 seconds away from the last HQ. Instead the HQ just gets switched LITERALLY NEXT DOOR from the last one. The devs gave the impression that you would actually be doing some significant WALKING before reaching the next HQ after every 10 waves. Instead it just respawns you to the EXACT same spot where you started in Wave 1 and you're stuck in the exact same layout as before. Don't get me wrong, it's fun for a while, but it's very limiting and linear like the Modern Warfare 3 survival mode. I just feel like they tricked us into thinking this might actually be different and more dynamic than your typical Gears of War horde mode.

SHAME ON UBISOFT for adding this linear arcadey game mode to a Tom Clancy title!