PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand how ubi keeps sucking

ph4n745y_707
07-09-2012, 03:05 AM
How??? You would think they would learn with multiple catastrophic launches dating back for years. How can they look at the current state of the game and think its ok to release? It's like they tease us with promise and say, hey, as long as we can make a profit, it's ok to get bashed on by the other 70 percent who r unhappy with the product. It's like they enjoy spitting in the faces of people who don't have the exact same rig specs as the game was tested on. And not just hardware, but the same Internet connection. **** everybody who approved this launch.

Pegula
07-09-2012, 09:24 AM
+1!

PauloG.v2k4
07-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Your surprised by this? This release reminds me of Rainbow Six Raven Shield and Rainbow Six Vegas, both caused massive complaints on the forums. They wont learn from their mistakes when the customers still buy the game.

This game should have been delayed at least two months for PC. As far as I know they gave the game as is from the console version to the developers in a different country, too many things can go wrong.

d4c1981
07-09-2012, 11:25 AM
I blame the consoles not the game developers. Since the release of consoles the PC has taken a huge hit and thus it is easier to create a console game than a PC game. A console has set hardware, whereas a PC could have a million different combinations ranging from hardware to software installed. The console is easier to make for and the PC is seen as a pain in the backside... thus the apparent lack of help when a PC game is ported, its laziness on the developers part.

grog415
07-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Typical attitude, UBI doesn't suck, they are misunderstood.

grog415
07-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Somewhat true, but a limited number of drivers are available and used for a myriad of video cards. Also the shell structure of Windows allows a program to use this control mechanism already in place.

d4c1981
07-09-2012, 01:33 PM
I did not mention Ubisoft, I mentioned developers. I don't have any issues with the game and I do not defend any developers decision to not properly port a console game to PC without adequate support. Ubisoft have made a bad mistake to release the game in this condition, however they have not flat out refused to do anything about the bugs. We just need to be patient and give them a bit more time.

xBalzakx
07-09-2012, 02:04 PM
A console has set hardware, whereas a PC could have a million different combinations ranging from hardware to software installed. The console is easier to make for and the PC is seen as a pain in the backside... thus the apparent lack of help when a PC game is ported, its laziness on the developers part.

You know what? That's complete BS, who ever gave that excuse doesn't know didly-squat about making games. PCs have been around so much longer than consoles, PC's have always had millions of different hardware combinations and If you play PC games that were made well before these "next-gen" consoles, you'll see that they are ALL stable.
Current console games are all made on a PC then loaded to the consoles and tested and tweaked. Don't forget, xbox has ATi/AMD grafic cards and the PS3 has nvidia cards. Sure they are running on a different code / OS or whatever, but they are still PC hardware. Also don't forget that the devs had to learn basicly everything from scratch when the PS3 was released because the coding language was very different, yet they still made some solid games.

Not to mention Ubisoft has 10+ years of experience in making games, so they should know what the hell they are doing by now and not making them worse every year

d4c1981
07-09-2012, 02:11 PM
You know what? That's complete BS, who ever gave that excuse doesn't know didly-squat about making games. PCs have been around so much longer than consoles, PC's have always had millions of different hardware combinations and If you play PC games that were made well before these "next-gen" consoles, you'll see that they are ALL stable.
Current console games are all made on a PC then loaded to the consoles and tested and tweaked. Don't forget, xbox has ATi/AMD grafic cards and the PS3 has nvidia cards. Sure they are running on a different code / OS or whatever, but they are still PC hardware. Also don't forget that the devs had to learn basicly everything from scratch when the PS3 was released because the coding language was very different, yet they still made some solid games.

Not to mention Ubisoft has 10+ years of experience in making games, so they should know what the hell they are doing by now and not making them worse every year

Agreed, games back in the day did work better. However technology today changes so fast developers have to keep in mind for past hardware, current and also future tech. Take a look at Crysis, it was well ahead of its time when it came out, it barely ran on a current rig and you had to wait for a future bit of tech to be released to run it in your home at max settings...