PDA

View Full Version : Here's a solution

GunnarGunderson
07-08-2012, 06:58 PM
It pretty clear that Ubisoft doesn't want to show any Americans dying by Connor's hand, and that's stirring up some discontent in some people. In the next demo why not just show Connor accepting and carrying out a mission for the redcoats that has nothing to do with killing anyone, like gathering supplies or getting rid of a troublesome bear that's been harassing a settlement. I believe this will make everyone happy.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 07:00 PM
See, here lies the problem, he may have no ties too the British, he may be friends with Americans, kill British, and also kill Americans.

NeroInfernoF7
07-08-2012, 07:02 PM
See, here lies the problem, he may have no ties too the British, he may be friends with Americans, kill British, and also kill Americans.

I would lol if we got that warning if we try to kill americans, that we get with the civilians.
"WARNING: If you try to kill one more American, you will be desynchronized"

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Actually, that might happen before you finish the story: ''WARNING: Connor did not kill Americans'' xD

NeroInfernoF7
07-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Actually, that might happen before you finish the story: ''WARNING: Connor did not kill Americans'' xD

Hahahaha

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 07:06 PM
I mean, I saw a ''lock on'' on a American during the demo, I wonder what happens if you kill everybody in the camp...

GunnarGunderson
07-08-2012, 07:09 PM
I mean, I saw a ''lock on'' on a American during the demo, I wonder what happens if you kill everybody in the camp...
The guy who starts the mission keeps standing there like a spud just like in every other game

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 07:10 PM
.....xD
You know, I think that is what I am going too do in game.

LoyalACFan
07-08-2012, 09:24 PM

This. This, this, this, this. People quickly forget that, in every AC game to date, every guard faction is always against you, even if you're pals with their higher-ups. Even though you were friends with Lorenzo, you still killed Medici guards. Even though you were friends with Caterina, you still killed Forli guards. Even though you were friends with Suleiman, you still killed Ottoman guards. And even though Connor is apparently friends with Washington... he's still going to kill Patriot guards.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 09:27 PM
After the story they must become American, and if they seriously dont do that and keep the guards British, the bias will go high too a un-real degree. Really, even if you are friends with George, that does not change that you will still kill Patriot guards.

Turul.
07-08-2012, 09:41 PM
It pretty clear that Ubisoft doesn't want to show any Americans dying by Connor's hand, and that's stirring up some discontent in some people. In the next demo why not just show Connor accepting and carrying out a mission for the redcoats that has nothing to do with killing anyone, like gathering supplies or getting rid of a troublesome bear that's been harassing a settlement. I believe this will make everyone happy.

i dont think connor has that type of relationship w/ the british.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Which annoys me. It should be fair play, he should have allies on both places, as an Assassin. And what I find odd he is not even American, he is half British half Native, logically speaking, that means he should atleast some ties too the British.

shanethebouncer
07-08-2012, 09:44 PM
How do you know he doesn't?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 09:45 PM
He said ''I dont think'' which means nothing is set in stone, I hope he is wrong to be honest.

Turul.
07-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Which annoys me. It should be fair play, he should have allies on both places, as an Assassin. And what I find odd he is not even American, he is half British half Native, logically speaking, that means he should atleast some ties too the British.

considering most of the targets probably going to be british i dont think many redcoats will think too highly of the assassin.
and the british were pretty tyranical compared to the american forces, so it would be hard for Connor to want to play nice with the british.

he'lll probably will only be helping the americans, but not siding with them. and there is a difference.

he may be neutrail, but he probably won't be friends with an entire army thats looking to kill him.

LoyalACFan
07-08-2012, 09:50 PM

He was raised in the colonies as a Native American, though, and the British eventually burned down his village during the French and Indian War. I think it's safe to say that he's probably got closer ties to the Americans. However, that doesn't mean he'll be completely biased toward them.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Actually, never specified who burned his village, from what I dug up, it simply said ''White Colonists'' so it is more like the mistake both, and he was raised by his mother in her tribe, the Mohawk.
And, if he builds ties into some British who dont approve of the Templars, he could easily make some allies. None were black and white, more gray than anything.

dxsxhxcx
07-08-2012, 09:55 PM
if they'll really paint him as someone who fight injustice/etc like they say I can see them putting Connor in a situation where he sees some colonials harassing a young redcoat soldier and then Connor help this soldier and then they become friends.... this would be cool...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 09:59 PM
if they'll really paint him as someone who fight injustice/etc like they say I can see them putting Connor in a situation where he sees some colonials harassing a young redcoat soldier and then Connor help this soldier and then they become friends.... this would be cool...

I think what would be a strong emotional moment is if Connor sees the colonials torturing some of his people and taking them as slaves, could create a good emotional moment for the game.

ShaneO7K
07-08-2012, 10:05 PM
It has been said since the announcement of the game that he will have targets on both sides, so it is pretty safe to assume that he will have some sort of contacts on each faction. Whether or not the Templars within the Patriots will be targets during or after the war is a different question.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 10:08 PM
After the war it is not possible too have British targets, since it is well...after the war.....
....George Washington, maybe?

ShaneO7K
07-08-2012, 10:09 PM
After the war it is not possible too have British targets, since it is well...after the war.....
....George Washington, maybe?
The after the war part was about the Patriots.

dxsxhxcx
07-08-2012, 10:10 PM
I think what would be a strong emotional moment is if Connor sees the colonials torturing some of his people and taking them as slaves, could create a good emotional moment for the game.

if they want to explore this "gray" area they like to talk about they'll certainly put Connor in some tough situations like that, where he'll need to choose between his mission or his native friends...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 10:13 PM
if they want to explore this "gray" area they like to talk about they'll certainly put Connor in some tough situations like that, where he'll need to choose between his mission or his native friends...

Yeah, will he stand down and walk away, knowing his mission and that he must keep good ties with the Colonies, or will he just snap and attack, freeing his Native American friends?
Those kinds of situations not only enforce strong emotional moments, but really remind you that games are art at times...*Example: inFAMOUS 2 Killing Zeke, if you did not play inFAMOUS, you would not get it, if you did, you know what I am talking about*

Black_Widow9
07-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Please use the Search function and post in the already created Topic pertaining to this discussion.
Thanks