PDA

View Full Version : Lets take action to try and get a better CE in NA

Pages : [1] 2

DreadxHawk
07-08-2012, 12:48 AM
If you're upset with the CE in America like I am then we should try and make a difference. Everyone pre ordering the CE just makes Ubi think its ok to give us this poor excuse for a "staggeringly amazing editon". If your going to preorder anything then just preorder the game. Dont put any money towards the CE, if we get enough people to do this then Ubi will have little choice but to make our edition the way they promised they would. Worst case senario they dont change it and you can preorder the edition the week before the game is out. Anyone else going to do this with me?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Too late. The CE is pulling strong figures.

ShaneO7K
07-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Anyone else going to do this with me?

Nope.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Nope.

LOL. All of that time, hoping too do something big, Shane comes in and says ''Nope''

DreadxHawk
07-08-2012, 12:53 AM

people could cancel their orders, if you want a better edition then the only productive thing to do is this

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Not many people know what EMEA is getting, and not many will realize either.

ShaneO7K
07-08-2012, 01:01 AM
LOL. All of that time, hoping too do something big, Shane comes in and says ''Nope''

Lol... Really tired at the minute, so a long explanation was not on the cards. To be more helpful with this discussion I'll just say that it annoys me that every time the gaming community is not happy with something or something isn't good enough to blow their collective minds from their heads, a petition or boycotting is the obvious solution.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 01:02 AM
And it never actually happen.

JCearlyyears
07-08-2012, 01:02 AM
I would, I want to... but we have already made a huge fuss about it here on the forums, we told Ubigabe, he passed it up the ladder, it probably wont change. All we can do is wait. We told them to at least throw in the george journal. We'll be lucky with that, and even that is pushing it. I really want them to do it, but it isn't likely. All we can do is hope. The statue looks pretty cool, and the flag... eh, it's alright. The buckle is trash..

DreadxHawk
07-08-2012, 01:05 AM
I would, I want to... but we have already made a huge fuss about it here on the forums, we told Ubigabe, he passed it up the ladder, it probably wont change. All we can do is wait. We told them to at least throw in the george journal. We'll be lucky with that, and even that is pushing it. I really want them to do it, but it isn't likely. All we can do is hope. The statue looks pretty cool, and the flag... eh, it's alright. The buckle is trash..

theres no reason why cant do this as well

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Because it wont work. Not many people know what is the difference between the NA and EMEA version, it is futile.

DreadxHawk
07-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Because it wont work. Not many people know what is the difference between the NA and EMEA version, it is futile.

everyone on the forumn knows

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Not all of them are on those boards, not all of them check.

Assassin_M
07-08-2012, 01:30 AM
Boycotting wont really get you anywhere because no one seems to be willing to do it at this point. I suggest you take a more mature approach and try to contact a Mod to forward your complaint to Ubisoft.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 01:32 AM
They are trying too, with Tweeting too UbiGabe about it.

Lonesoldier2012
07-08-2012, 01:33 AM
I don't really care all that much about it anymore.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Many people settled down and, and instead are importing/E-bay.

Turul.
07-08-2012, 01:37 AM
everyone feels they got shafted, but i'm sure Ubisoft really thought this would be the best one, looks like they missed the mark a little bit

We can only assume nothing will change.

i wish they had just traded the belt buckle for a small art book or the diary.

more dlc would be nice

EscoBlades
07-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Eh?

People confuse the hell out of me. I LIKE the LE you guys over the pond are getting. I'm not quite sure what the issue is (personal opinion)

Besides, a lot of the time, the contents of such things are determined by regional trade restrictions, as opposed to anything else. Remember Brotherhood and Revelations?

*sits shaking head*

Assassin_M
07-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Eh?

People confuse the hell out of me. I LIKE the LE you guys over the pond are getting. I'm not quite sure what the issue is (personal opinion)

Besides, a lot of the time, the contents of such things are determined by regional trade restrictions, as opposed to anything else. Remember Brotherhood and Revelations?

*sits shaking head*
AWWWW you gonna be shakin dat head for a long time xD

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Esco, you're fanbase may have liked it, not the forums xD

EscoBlades
07-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Esco, you're fanbase may have liked it, not the forums xD

That's not the point i was getting at.
And in any case, the issue of regional trade and retail differences still stands.

DreadxHawk
07-08-2012, 01:44 AM
Eh?

*sits shaking head*

The issue is that we were promised something amazing and ours has less stuff and more cost

Turul.
07-08-2012, 01:46 AM
The issue is that we were promised something amazing and ours has less stuff and more cost

i think they were going for quality over quanity,

considering the flag is kick ***

Assassin_M
07-08-2012, 01:46 AM
"Amazing" can have varying reactions..
The CE you think sucks, others seem to be very fond of it and think its amazing..

EscoBlades
07-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Limited Edition = $119.99 (77.50)

Freedom Edition = 79.90 ($123.80)

In terms of content, the Freedom Edition probably has the Lithograph as extra. Everything else is (arguably) comparable.

DreadxHawk
07-08-2012, 02:07 AM
Limited Edition = $119.99 (77.50)

Freedom Edition = 79.90 ($123.80)

In terms of content, the Freedom Edition probably has the Lithograph as extra. Everything else is (arguably) comparable.

I would much rather have the Journal and dlc rather then the belt buckle, statues not that great either

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 02:10 AM
You cant judge the statue without seeing the quality.

JCearlyyears
07-08-2012, 02:13 AM
It's comparable but it isn't the same thing. The only two things that are the same are the game and the statue. The flag is meh, the belt buckle is just an ad for the game to put on your waist. I like it, but it just seems lacking. If the buckle just had the insignia, no 3, I'd be fine with the buckle but they turned it into an ad. The george book would make this a whole lot better for us. I like it and hate it. I feel like I have a target painted on me. A flag, a flag in a statue, and an ad on the buckle. I can understand why people like it, and I understand why people hate it. I hate it, but I also like it because that statue looks great minus the flag and the flag looks kinda cool, but it kinda connects the assassins to america, which just seems weird to me because I see the assassins as assassins. That is their side. They don't side with America. It just seems kinda jarring to me seeing their insignia on the flag. That's why I don't like it. The prices are comparable, but the contents are different items, though they do have their similarities, they are different items.

EscoBlades
07-08-2012, 02:14 AM
Newsflash, its the same statue you get in the Freedom Edition.

JCearlyyears
07-08-2012, 02:15 AM
Newsflash, its the same statue you get in the Freedom Edition.

<.<
>.> me?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 02:18 AM
...People didn't know that?

De Filosoof
07-08-2012, 02:20 AM
Just buy the game for 60 bucks.
Stop being so ****ing materialistic and enjoy the actual game.

JCearlyyears
07-08-2012, 02:20 AM
Well, I said that the only similar items are the game and the statue... so I don't think it's me, but... ?
Collectors are materialistic... I'm not exactly a collector, but the journal is story related so that's why I want it.

Norcent31
07-08-2012, 02:22 AM
The thing I don't like is, no actual in game add-ons. Also being Canadian, the flag is kinda of a turn off.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 02:22 AM
Yeah, who knows what is in there?

JCearlyyears
07-08-2012, 02:26 AM
The only in game add ons are the retailer exclusive dlcs. It's something though, and it will probably be released later.

Norcent31
07-08-2012, 02:29 AM
The only in game add ons are the retailer exclusive dlcs. It's something though, and it will probably be released later.

BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!! (or on Nov.30) , but ya, probably gonna buy them later.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 02:30 AM
...They are retailers exclusive, so they cant include DLC.

Norcent31
07-08-2012, 02:35 AM
didn't they released all the exclusives for AC B/R before?

cause I remember I didn't want to get the the last DLC for ACR, cause I already had half the stuff. (I bought it anyway)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 02:37 AM
They released it later, not all together with bundles /:

SoullessKassidy
07-08-2012, 02:59 AM
I canceled my preorder days ago and you kinda late to the party lol this has been discussed heavily in the Stickied thread announcing the ****ty CE

BATISTABUS
07-09-2012, 12:13 AM
I love our collectors edition and I can't wait for it to come in.

My only other desire was an art book, but I'll just have to buy this awesome-yet-somewhat-pricey version. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/03/assassins-creed-iii-art-book-on-the-way

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 12:15 AM
I love our collectors edition and I can't wait for it to come in.

My only other desire was an art book, but I'll just have to buy this awesome-yet-somewhat-pricey version. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/03/assassins-creed-iii-art-book-on-the-way
You are the first member to openly say that you love the edition. I dont get why the artbook was not in there tho...

JCearlyyears
07-09-2012, 12:17 AM
No, there was another patriotic guy I think. Maybe not.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 12:22 AM
I dont rememmber ANYBODY else liking it, even hardcore Patriots on Facebook and twitter hate it.

BATISTABUS
07-09-2012, 12:34 AM
I'm not sure if the Patriotic comment is a joke or something, but it has nothing to do with that.

All I'm saying is that we didn't even get a collectors edition for Revelations (aside from the Signature Edition, which was only DLC). The belt buckle and flag are exclusive to us, and both are awesome. The most important part of the CE for me was the figure, and we have that too. I don't give a rat's *** about DLC because we'll get it eventually. I pre-ordered at GameStop, and the coolest bonus mission seems to be the Mayan Ruins anyway. I can buy the art book separately.

I honestly don't see what the problem is. Be happy we got anything.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 12:36 AM
No, not directed at you, but even hardcore Patriots on FB who would be like ''FLAG! YEAH!'' were pissed off.

ShaneO7K
07-09-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm not sure if the Patriotic comment is a joke or something, but it has nothing to do with that.

All I'm saying is that we didn't even get a collectors edition for Revelations (aside from the Signature Edition, which was only DLC). The belt buckle and flag are exclusive to us, and both are awesome. The most important part of the CE for me was the figure, and we have that too. I don't give a rat's *** about DLC because we'll get it eventually. I pre-ordered at GameStop, and the coolest bonus mission seems to be the Mayan Ruins anyway. I can buy the art book separately.

I honestly don't see what the problem is. Be happy we got anything.
This.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Actually, the reason they keep pushing horrible CE's is because people buy them.
Just saying, it does not effect me, I do not live in the USA. But it is the truth.

BATISTABUS
07-09-2012, 12:47 AM
Ah, I see. I was actually reading a blog post somewhere, and some ultra-conservative dude was complaining about how the flag offended him and he wasn't going to buy the game anymore. It was kind of funny and depressing at the same time.

The thing I don't like is, no actual in game add-ons. Also being Canadian, the flag is kinda of a turn off.
Why? I live in America, but if an AC game came with an Assassin-Canadian flag, I'd be pumped!

Edit:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/canacree.png

and alternatively,

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/creednadia.png

Any flag with the Assassin's logo is cool.

deathdealer-7
07-09-2012, 02:13 AM
i agree with this thread as far as wanting more dlc and that stuff. but think about this; AC3 is about the AMERICAN REVOLUTION right? This is what Ubisoft wants... an AMERICAN REVOLUTION, about the Collectors Edition stuff! :)

JCearlyyears
07-09-2012, 02:17 AM
I think that the flag in the LE is kinda jarring. I think of the assassins as assassins, that's their side. Seeing their insignia on the flag seems to connect the assassins to America which is just kinda weird for me.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 02:18 AM
The problem is with the DLC, with the way they arranged they're deal with retailers, not possible now.

JCearlyyears
07-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Yeah, but that's not really the only problem. The george journal is the biggest problem.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Is it that hard too include? just put it in and you will silence many.

BATISTABUS
07-09-2012, 02:52 AM
The CE is pulling strong figures.
Where did you get this information?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Some of our members here asked they're local GS about the LE, apparently it is pulling strong figures.

kriegerdesgottes
07-09-2012, 03:27 AM
We have been complaining now about getting screwed out of the good version for 5 years. Why would they start listening now?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 03:29 AM
AC II had a good edition...

Hitman84
07-09-2012, 03:53 AM

And the European Master Assassin's Edition was better.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 03:55 AM
But it still was good. This one is plain bad, and all of those threads wont help at all.

kriegerdesgottes
07-09-2012, 04:36 AM

Not as good as the black edition that the Europeans got.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 04:40 AM
But as I said above, it was still good, this one is just flat out bad stand alone.

ShadownetX
07-09-2012, 05:45 AM

I like to see those figures you're talking about.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 05:52 AM
Many of our forum members checked with they're GS, and they say it is pulling strong figures.

ShadownetX
07-09-2012, 05:57 AM
dude I gotta ask. you seems to be on this forum 24/7. its like you never sleep. kinda weird that you joined in July 2012 and have more posts than most people who been here for years.

I just asked 4 GameStop near my house today. and only 7 people combined pre-ordered the LE. and I lived in the middle of a city. 15 mins away from Washington DC.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 06:00 AM
I was not the one that asked, simply got what forumers said.
And yes, I never actually sleep :p

menacefox
07-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Ubisoft won't be adding the George Washington journal.
So, give it up guys.

No one is protesting like they did for the Mass Effect 3 ending.

Anyway, what they can do is remove the belt buckle and drop the LE price down to $105 or $100. (Think the belt buckle costs like $15)
I'm fine with this. I'll save the $15-20 for the DLCs.

DreadxHawk
07-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Is it that hard too include? just put it in and you will silence many.

This is the very least the edition needs to be decent

Mr_Shade
07-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Boycotting wont really get you anywhere because no one seems to be willing to do it at this point. I suggest you take a more mature approach and try to contact a Mod to forward your complaint to Ubisoft.
The team is fully aware of the complaints.

We have passed on your feedback to the teams concerned - so they are aware.

Personal opinion here:

I do think that a lot of the issues come from the quote from Gabe, saying they wanted to "deliver something staggeringly awesome, but we couldn't include the tomahawk.." which has been taken out of context by some it would appear?

Some seem to have missed the fact he was referring to wanting a tomahawk, but had to drop that suggestion.

The current NA edition is as posted - however as always your feedback has been reported back, however at present I don't have any official comments on it.

Some are happy with this pack, since it contains exclusive content and parts of the other editions, rather than just a "signature" edition with some DLC.

Some are not.

All I can suggest is if your after certain DLC, shop around, since retails will have different content.

At present, we can't confirm if that content will be available at a later date to all.

Mr_Shade
07-09-2012, 12:52 PM

Personal opinion here:

I do think that a lot of the issues come from the quote from Gabe, saying they wanted to "deliver something staggeringly awesome, but we couldn't include the tomahawk.." which has been taken out of context by some it would appear?

Some seem to have missed the fact he was referring to wanting a tomahawk, but had to drop that suggestion.

The current NA edition is as posted - however as always your feedback has been reported back, however at present I don't have any official comments on it.

Some are VERY happy with this pack, since it contains exclusive content and parts of the other editions, rather than just a "signature" edition with some DLC.

Some are not.

All I can suggest is if your after certain DLC, shop around, since retails will have different content.

Biomedical-Fire
07-09-2012, 03:50 PM
The biggest issue that everyone has with the LE is with the belt buckle, the omission of George Washington's Journal and it coming with no additional DLC, just the pre-order DLC that you get from the outlet inwhich you pre-ordered from. I think that if they made the PC Deluxe Digital Edition available to the consoles and add the flag(or omit it), statue of Connor and a physical copy of GW's Journal, everyone in N.A. would be satisfied. Or they could've just brought both the Freedom and Join or Die Editions here, everyone would be happy as well. It's really the belt buckle, not having any additional DLC and the price is what most people are unhappy with. Heck, they didn't even name the LE, Ubi could've called it the Independence Edition or Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death Edition. ;)

Eh?

*sits shaking head*Okay Esco, let me play devil's advocate for a minute here, then why isn't so hard for other dev's and publisher's to bring the same content to all regions, but it's always so hard for Ubisoft?

kriegerdesgottes
07-09-2012, 04:09 PM
The biggest issue that everyone has with the LE is with the belt buckle, the omission of George Washington's Journal and it coming with no additional DLC, just the pre-order DLC that you get from the outlet inwhich you pre-ordered from. I think that if they made the PC Deluxe Digital Edition available to the consoles and add the flag(or omit it), statue of Connor and a physical copy of GW's Journal, everyone in N.A. would be satisfied. Or they could've just brought both the Freedom and Join or Die Editions here, everyone would be happy as well. It's really the belt buckle, not having any additional DLC and the price is what most people are unhappy with. Heck, they didn't even name the LE, Ubi could've called it the Independence Edition or Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death Edition. ;)

Okay Esco, let me play devil's advocate for a minute here, then why isn't so hard for other dev's and publisher's to bring the same content to all regions, but it's always so hard for Ubisoft?

Agreed. Those are the same issues I have with it. The statue and flag are fine. But a belt buckle? no Washington journal and the only DLC we get is one we would get anyway just for pre-ordering the game. I will not buy this piece of garbage CE. I have bought every single other one because well I love the franchise and I just have to have it even though Ubisoft is shafting me AGAIN. but not this time. I went to Gamestop the other day to look around and it didn't even cross my mind to upgrade my pre order to the CE because I just don't even want it especially for 120 dollars. It's actually more than any other CE and it comes with nothing all that special. I would say ACII had a better CE. And as far as shopping around?! HOW?! we don't even have that option since we are too American for Ubisoft. We get either this trash edition AGAIN or the regular one. We might get a different DLC for our trash edition depending on where we buy it from but we still get the trash edition or nothing. While the Europeans once again get to decide between something that is truly awesome and they have other options as well.

Biomedical-Fire
07-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Agreed. Those are the same issues I have with it. The statue and flag are fine. But a belt buckle? no Washington journal and the only DLC we get is one we would get anyway just for pre-ordering the game. I will not buy this piece of garbage CE. I have bought every single other one because well I love the franchise and I just have to have it even though Ubisoft is shafting me AGAIN. but not this time. I went to Gamestop the other day to look around and it didn't even cross my mind to upgrade my pre order to the CE because I just don't even want it especially for 120 dollars. It's actually more than any other CE and it comes with nothing all that special. I would say ACII had a better CE. And as far as shopping around?! HOW?! we don't even have that option since we are too American for Ubisoft. We get either this trash edition AGAIN or the regular one. We might get a different DLC for our trash edition depending on where we buy it from but we still get the trash edition or nothing. While the Europeans once again get to decide between something that is truly awesome and they have other options as well.In order to make Revelations better for myself, I ordered the GameStop Ultimate Edition which in Canada was the Signature Edition and the AC Encyclopedia, then I bought the Collector's Edition from HMV and sold off the game that came with it and replaced it with my Signature Edition. I am basically doing the same thing with ACIII, I pre-ordered the Join or Die Edition from HMV and I'm getting the standard game and will get the lithograph and statue off ebay to make my own Freedom Edition.

ShadowRage41
07-09-2012, 04:26 PM
No, not directed at you, but even hardcore Patriots on FB who would be like ''FLAG! YEAH!'' were pissed off.

Most( hardcore Patriots?) only let's remove the word Patriot from the negative connotation and put what you are driving at (Far Right wing nut jobs) do not like the flag, because it is tampered with. IE the AC Emblem on the flag. They see it as disrespectful.... I have heard this from more than a few people who's political affiliation will remain nameless. But I bet those of you from the U.S can guess. *Wink*

I do not dislike the edition as much as many people here. Hell the fact the flag is embroidered is a huge +. but it's not epic either. is it overpriced? of course it is. but honestly when you look at CE's across the board they generally are over priced.. and the content is of cheap quality. I am not going to pitch a fit about it. I already paid for it. So until I actually see the quality of the stuff in it? This is so subjective anyway. after we see it. then we have the smoking gun if it is CHEAP.

kriegerdesgottes
07-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Most( hardcore Patriots?) only let's remove the word Patriot from the negative connotation and put what you are driving at (Far Right wing nut jobs) do not like the flag, because it is tampered with. IE the AC Emblem on the flag. They see it as disrespectful.... I have heard this from more than a few people who's political affiliation will remain nameless. But I bet those of you from the U.S can guess. *Wink*.

I am the most right winged person I know. And I think the flag is awesome. Any other bias you'd like to throw out there and be wrong about?

Sharkey1337
07-09-2012, 04:41 PM
The flag is the only thing I want from the LE as it would go great with my Join or Die edition I'm importing. I'll just ebay the flag most likely, but I'm expecting to pay probably $30 for it...=_=

SteelCity999
07-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Ubisoft won't be adding the George Washington journal.
So, give it up guys.

No one is protesting like they did for the Mass Effect 3 ending.

Anyway, what they can do is remove the belt buckle and drop the LE price down to $105 or $100. (Think the belt buckle costs like $15)
I'm fine with this. I'll save the $15-20 for the DLCs.

The belt buckle is like $2-3 tops. The statute costs probably $10 (maybe less). The flag is where the cost is on the LE - I'd have to say $20-$25. If you mark it up 100%, which is pretty standard, you are close to the retail price for the LE. The DLC doesn't factor into the price because they will charge us for it later in order to get something else.

It is a decent LE but they definitely could have done better and made it staggeringly amazing by losing the belt buckle and adding a thing or two that matters to the game. For me, I want something collectible but I also want something that adds to the game, whether it be the GW journal or the encyclopedia as in previous EU editions. Unfortunately, not much in the LE that adds to the game or the experience.

menacefox
07-09-2012, 05:51 PM
The belt buckle is like $2-3 tops. The statute costs probably $10 (maybe less). The flag is where the cost is on the LE - I'd have to say $20-$25. If you mark it up 100%, which is pretty standard, you are close to the retail price for the LE. The DLC doesn't factor into the price because they will charge us for it later in order to get something else.

It is a decent LE but they definitely could have done better and made it staggeringly amazing by losing the belt buckle and adding a thing or two that matters to the game. For me, I want something collectible but I also want something that adds to the game, whether it be the GW journal or the encyclopedia as in previous EU editions. Unfortunately, not much in the LE that adds to the game or the experience.
You think the belt buckle is really $2 or $3?

Should have done some research then.

Look at this belt buckle below:
http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-belt-buckle-gold-edition/

It's from the Ubiworkshop and it sells for $30.

SteelCity999
07-09-2012, 07:28 PM
You think the belt buckle is really $2 or $3?

Should have done some research then.

Look at this belt buckle below:
http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-belt-buckle-gold-edition/

It's from the Ubiworkshop and it sells for $30.

It sells for $30 but it does not cost anywhere near that. Ubi would not dare order such limited quantities of things and put out alot of money not to mention it is made of pretty much leftovers (look how many metals are in that thing). If it were pure pewter or something, it would cost more yes but not that. Cost is way different than retail. Most clothing and collectibles are at least 100 % or more markup - hell, alot of stuff we buy in the stores are up to 300% (branded stuff is even higher) which is why we can buy them on sale for 50-70% off and the retailer still makes money. So the actual cost of the LE is not $120, it's more like $80-90 plus their markup (that's figuring the game being worth the entire $60). Company's like Ubi are out to make money on these CE's and not necessarily make such a high quality product that requires alot of upfront cash. That's just business.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 08:45 PM
It does not go like ''Right, X costs X, + X + X = Enter price'' they see the highest price without going over the top.

SteelCity999
07-09-2012, 09:04 PM
It does not go like ''Right, X costs X, + X + X = Enter price'' they see the highest price without going over the top.

Actually, yeah they do....its called cost-plus pricing. All companies with something unique use it because they can control the price they charge and hence the profit they desire to make. There is never any arbitrary cost measurements and equation unless a company wants to go out of business - just ask Ubi's accountants.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Which is what I said. It does not just go that they add up all the items together.

Biomedical-Fire
07-09-2012, 11:19 PM
As I posted that Ubi Workshop belt buckle in another thread, the reason why that one costs as much as it does is because it is of an better quality than the one that got included in the LE. If you compare them side by side, you'll see that the Ubi Workshops belt buckle is of an higher quality.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Obviously, and it is not a walking ad.

JumpInTheFire13
07-09-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm just mad because I already preordered from Futureshop and now the CE is only available from Gamestop.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 11:38 PM
It is not only in GS....as said above, Best Buy, Kmart have it, I think.

EscoBlades
07-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Okay Esco, let me play devil's advocate for a minute here, then why isn't so hard for other dev's and publisher's to bring the same content to all regions, but it's always so hard for Ubisoft?

Sorry i'm late to this. Ubisoft's relationship with local retailers might be different. They are a French company, so they may be bound by different agreements to publishers HQed in the US. There could be a whole host of reasons that neither you nor I could or would know. Obviously i kinda understand where some people are coming from...really i do. But as someone said in this thread previously, it could have been a whole lot worse right? You could have had yet another "Signature Edition" :P

I dunno, i just like to try and look at things from all angles. That being said, i can honestly say that if i was in the US, i'd be happy with the LE (personal opinion i know). That flag and figurine really make up the value for me.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Depending on the quality. The flag could be crap and the figurine too. But they also could be great quality.

EscoBlades
07-10-2012, 12:18 AM
I have the flag. If its the same one i have here, then trust me, its VERY good quality.

Also i have 3 AC figurines from "Editions", all good build quality.

JCearlyyears
07-10-2012, 12:19 AM
"Editions"? You mean the previous games?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 12:20 AM
.....How do you get all of this stuff....?

JCearlyyears
07-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Yeah^

EscoBlades
07-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah previous games. I have 2 AC2 Ezio's and one of the Ezio's Fury models (currently with my cousin)

I also have a Codex and lots of other bits and bobs. As for the flag, Ubi sent me it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 12:24 AM
...Can they send you the game and you give it too us....:D?

JCearlyyears
07-10-2012, 12:32 AM
...Can they send you the game and you give it too us....:D?

Not likely, unfortunately.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Blah, I thought Esco's influence has no end D:<

BATISTABUS
07-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Our collectors editions have been all over the place.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/IMG_0696.jpg

Omitted:
Tin for AC1 (I was able to buy the extra content at a local game store without buying the tin and the game. It was PS3, so I just passed. Stupid...I could've gotten it all for $20).
Box and Bonus Disc for Brotherhood (I have them, I just forgot to put it in the picture. Instead, I put both versions of the jack-in-the-box.)
Most DLC pages, except for Revelations' (lol)

Honestly, the one we're getting for AC3 seems like the best one so far.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 12:43 AM
ACII's was the closest too the EMEA.

menacefox
07-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Yes! I found a good use for the belt buckle.

Since the game comes out on the 30th of October, I'll use the belt buckle for my Assassin custome for Halloween.

Not sure how other countries do it, but people ages 21+ wear costumes (here in the USA) and they go to the clubs for Halloween.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Yes! I found a good use for the belt buckle. Since the game comes out on the 30th of October, I'll use the belt buckle for my Assassin custome for Halloween.

Too bad you will be a walking advertisement for Ubi.

menacefox
07-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Too bad you will be a walking advertisement for Ubi.
Tooo bad? Most people will be drunk to pay attention to that. LOL!

BATISTABUS
07-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Walking advertisement? It's not like the buckle says Ubisoft. Would you be against wearing an AC t-shirt?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 01:10 AM
But still, anybody who isn't will notice a big fat ''III'' with the AC logo.
EDIT: Nope, but why the ''III''? could it have not just been AC?

ShaneO7K
07-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Tooo bad? Most people will be drunk to pay attention to that. LOL!

I'd be struck with pure amazement if found someone wearing an AC outfit if I was completely wasted. My reaction would too good lol.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 01:14 AM
I had a GIF with a guy in a complete AC costume but the thread got locked o-o

BATISTABUS
07-10-2012, 01:16 AM
Well, would you be against wearing an ACIII shirt? I don't understand why this is an issue.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 01:17 AM
This is not just something for Ubisoft, but I always prefer when it just says ''Assassin's Creed'' or just the logo, compared too ''AC III''
Maybe it is just me.

JCearlyyears
07-10-2012, 01:18 AM
This is not just something for Ubisoft, but I always prefer when it just says ''Assassin's Creed'' or just the logo, compared too ''AC III''
Maybe it is just me.

Not just you. I wouldn't wear an ac3 shirt.

BATISTABUS
07-10-2012, 01:27 AM
...but you would wear an AC shirt? Would you wear an ACII shirt? Would you refuse to wear the Constantinople guild emblem cause it promotes Revelations?

JCearlyyears
07-10-2012, 01:32 AM
...but you would wear an AC shirt? Would you wear an ACII shirt? Would you refuse to wear the Constantinople guild emblem cause it promotes Revelations?

I don't think I'd wear an AC shirt. At least not in public.

BATISTABUS
07-10-2012, 01:35 AM
...are you just embarrassed?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 01:35 AM
I would wear an AC shirt if it had the AC emblem/one of the characters, and not many people will recognize what emblem the Constantine one is, unless a big fat III.

JCearlyyears
07-10-2012, 01:36 AM
I just remembered, I have 2 ac shirts.

TaleraRis
07-10-2012, 01:37 AM
I have a ring with just the symbol. I like how it's subtle and you'd have to be a fan to get it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Mind showing us a pic?
I do have some AC shirts and merchandise, just never been a big fan of the ''AC III'' or ''AC:R'' instead of just ''AC''

BATISTABUS
07-10-2012, 01:50 AM
It's the ACIII Limited Edition, so I see no reason why the buckle can't say ACIII.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 01:51 AM
... Because it makes you a walking ad?
It could easily just have the AC logo.

BATISTABUS
07-10-2012, 02:05 AM
How is the normal AC logo not an ad?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 02:08 AM
It could be for the whole series really, while the III specifically is well....III, it's basically like ''Yeah, Assassin's Creed III'' the other is more like ''Assassin's Creed''

SteelCity999
07-10-2012, 02:13 AM
... Because it makes you a walking ad?
It could easily just have the AC logo.

Not sure why it matters. Most every piece of clothing we buy has some sort of logo or insignia attached to it. Cars have emblems. I had a teacher in high school once that de-logoed everything because she didn't want to advertise for the company. Anyway, the AC logo alone is an advertisement in and of itself - it is a brand.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 02:15 AM
For the series, not just one particular game. I may be guilty of being a walking ad myself, I have alot of AC shirts, but I just dont like that practice...

Biomedical-Fire
07-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Sorry i'm late to this. Ubisoft's relationship with local retailers might be different. They are a French company, so they may be bound by different agreements to publishers HQed in the US. There could be a whole host of reasons that neither you nor I could or would know. Obviously i kinda understand where some people are coming from...really i do. But as someone said in this thread previously, it could have been a whole lot worse right? You could have had yet another "Signature Edition" :P

I dunno, i just like to try and look at things from all angles. That being said, i can honestly say that if i was in the US, i'd be happy with the LE (personal opinion i know). That flag and figurine really make up the value for me.Esco, you hit the nail on the head, it really isn't the Connor statue or the flag that really is upsetting people, because as you said they are worth the money, but where people are having issues, it's the belt buckle (only 10% of people still wear belts), the omission of the George Washington Journal and at least having 1 more additional DLC content. Other than that, I think a majority of us N.A. gamers would agree with you, including me. I have no issue with either the Connor statue or the flag and myself plus a majority of other people don't wear belts, so we see GW's Journal the better option than the belt buckle.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Even those who wear jeans dont wear belts anymore..

Biomedical-Fire
07-10-2012, 06:37 AM
I have the flag. If its the same one i have here, then trust me, its VERY good quality.Hopefully Esco, it's the same flag that is in the N.A. LE and not just a good quality flag they made for people in the media. Because I do hope that it would be the same quality of flag that I now proudly fly outside of my house.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Be careful, Templars will be after you with that Assassin sky up in the sky o;

menacefox
07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
I'd be struck with pure amazement if found someone wearing an AC outfit if I was completely wasted. My reaction would too good lol.

If you have like 150 euros, you can make it happen. Not sure if there's better ones out there - but this one has a decent price.

http://www.buycostumes.com/Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood-Altair-Adult-Costume/802381/ProductDetail.aspx

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 09:14 AM
That is Altair?
-.-

menacefox
07-10-2012, 09:19 AM
That is Altair?
-.-
That's what it says. It's a good price.

I'm sure you can buy the high detailed one for like $250+
LOL!

New Connor custome starts at $200.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 09:21 AM
I got a Tomahawk and hidden blade...may round it up with a Connor costume :p

menacefox
07-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Don't do it! You will be advertising AC3 for Ubisoft! LOL!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Well...not really, all of them wore hoods and stuff :p

GLHS
07-10-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm a little late to this discussion about the advertising, but I don't see anything wrong with it. Every franchise and bands have specific logo merchandise. I do like to keep a lot of my stuff for the franchise or band as a whole, but honestly, most things out there are specific. Take God of War shirts for example. Almost all of them are specific to a game. Whether it be the first, second, or third one. Or band shirts. How many Metallica shirts are out there that is just the Metallica logo without being a shirt from a specific album? Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, etc. And so AC does the same thing. So what? The one AC shirt that I have is just the Assassin logo, so most people wouldn't know any different. But if you look at the tag on the inside, it specifically says AC: Brotherhood. It's quite hard to find something not advertised to a specific title.

Personally, I wear belt buckles, and have no problem with the one in the LE at all. But I do take issue, as I'd say probably 95% of us do, with the overall quality of the LE. It has very little DLC, no Washington's Journal, and nothing else to spice it up or make it better than either the Freedom Edition or the Join or Die Edition. England got the better editions b/c the game is set in America, so they had to make sure they weren't stepping on anybody toes. I'd say they failed quite badly. What, with the less than stellar LE and the bad job the marketing team is doing with American favoritism and all.

SoullessKassidy
07-10-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm a little late to this discussion about the advertising, but I don't see anything wrong with it. Every franchise and bands have specific logo merchandise. I do like to keep a lot of my stuff for the franchise or band as a whole, but honestly, most things out there are specific. Take God of War shirts for example. Almost all of them are specific to a game. Whether it be the first, second, or third one. Or band shirts. How many Metallica shirts are out there that is just the Metallica logo without being a shirt from a specific album? Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, etc. And so AC does the same thing. So what? The one AC shirt that I have is just the Assassin logo, so most people wouldn't know any different. But if you look at the tag on the inside, it specifically says AC: Brotherhood. It's quite hard to find something not advertised to a specific title.

Personally, I wear belt buckles, and have no problem with the one in the LE at all. But I do take issue, as I'd say probably 95% of us do, with the overall quality of the LE. It has very little DLC, no Washington's Journal, and nothing else to spice it up or make it better than either the Freedom Edition or the Join or Die Edition. England got the better editions b/c the game is set in America, so they had to make sure they weren't stepping on anybody toes. I'd say they failed quite badly. What, with the less than stellar LE and the bad job the marketing team is doing with American favoritism and all.

Europe got the better editions to all the game, it has nothing to do with the setting of the game; and I don't buy the "because they are french company they have different restrictions or trade policy" bs. If they wanted to give us the same edition they could have, other companies who are not based in USA do it, that like all the other excuses are just cop outs plain and simple.

GLHS
07-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Yeah, it still doesn't make sense to me why NA didn't get the Freedom Edition. It's called the Freedom Edition for Christ's sake. I agree that there's no reason they couldn't have released the same edition for 2 different countries, considering that most developers do that. Idk. There's some things about the way the game industry does things that I don't think I'll ever understand.

Biomedical-Fire
07-10-2012, 08:19 PM
I might not of had an issue with the belt buckle if the LE also had the GW Journal and at least 1 more DLC content included in it. No matter what the intended meaning of "staggeringly amazing" was supposed to elude to, the LE itself failed miserably. I think that if Gabe was labeling the tomahawk as staggeringly amazing, then he should of said something along the lines of "We would've loved to included an staggeringly amazing tomahawk in an Collector's Edition for North America, but because of liability issues we can't deliver upon that promise." I think then nobody would've taken it as eluding to giving N.A. a staggeringly amazing CE.

kriegerdesgottes
07-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I might not of had an issue with the belt buckle if the LE also had the GW Journal and at least 1 more DLC content included in it. No matter what the intended meaning of "staggeringly amazing" was supposed to elude to, the LE itself failed miserably. I think that if Gabe was labeling the tomahawk as staggeringly amazing, then he should of said something along the lines of "We would've loved to included an staggeringly amazing tomahawk in an Collector's Edition for North America, but because of liability issues we can't deliver upon that promise." I think then nobody would've taken it as eluding to giving N.A. a staggeringly amazing CE.

I'd still be angry about being screwed over for a 5th time and on the final AC game (for me anyway)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-10-2012, 09:29 PM
The DLC is due too the retailer specific deals, Washington journal is all that is needed.

Biomedical-Fire
07-11-2012, 04:41 AM
I'd still be angry about being screwed over for a 5th time and on the final AC game (for me anyway)Oh believe me I am too, but the fight in me is starting to wane. Because no matter what I say, no matter what I do, Ubisoft is not going to change any time soon, all they will continue to do is hide behind the "We are an French Company!" and "There are different manufacturing realities!" excuses. So I'm just from this day forward, not buying any more Ubisoft branded Ip's thus making ACIII my last Ubisoft game and just buying other Publisher and Developer Ip's that go out of their way to please their fanbase by making universal CE's. As I always say, I support those who reward me for being a faithful fan with an staggeringly amazing CE like Sega and Gearbox, Epic and Microsoft to name a few. Talking to Ubisoft, is like trying to talk with an politician.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 04:44 AM
I think the best case scenario is the Journal.

Hitman84
07-11-2012, 05:37 AM
you'd also think they'd reply to concerns voiced on their OWN forums. Moderators can relay info all day but when the people at ubsisoft marketing and whoever is in control of limited editions can't be assed to even poke their head in and say something it shows you how much they really don't give a ****.

Edit: Clarifying my frustrations.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 05:41 AM
you'd also think they'd reply to concerns voiced on their OWN forums. Moderators can relay info all day but when they can't be assed to even poke their head in and say something it shows you how much they really don't give a ****.

That is quite honestly stupid. The mods are the reason they really ''revealed'' the edition, the mods try to give them all the feedback, and all you says is ''they cant be assed''

GLHS
07-11-2012, 05:45 AM
I agree, but really though, when 95% of your forum or fanbase is displeased with something, something should be said on the part of the devs.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 05:46 AM
They are told about it but they are ignoring it, but blaming the mods is down right ignorant.

Hitman84
07-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Im not blaming the mods. Im blaming ubisoft devs and marketing. if it came off that way I apologize.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 06:37 AM
The devs either are not really the ones that put the Collectors Edition, I think the editions come out of the marketing department.

Biomedical-Fire
07-11-2012, 06:49 AM
you'd also think they'd reply to concerns voiced on their OWN forums. Moderators can relay info all day but when the people at ubsisoft marketing and whoever is in control of limited editions can't be assed to even poke their head in and say something it shows you how much they really don't give a ****.

Edit: Clarifying my frustrations.The funny thing about that is, you go to other gaming forums and their employees other than the mods and forum managers frequent the forums. They see them as excellent sources to touch base and connect with their fanbase. They see them as a place they can go to and gain valuable feedback from their fans. A concept that Ubi doesn't seem to grasp nor wants to.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 06:51 AM
But the thing is: Do they actually implement that feedback?
What Ubi is doing is not right, but nothing is more frustrating than getting constant feedback, and then suddenly seeing none of it pay off.

Hitman84
07-11-2012, 07:17 AM
But the thing is: Do they actually implement that feedback?
What Ubi is doing is not right, but nothing is more frustrating than getting constant feedback, and then suddenly seeing none of it pay off.

I can tell you that the league of legends devs frequent their forums daily, converse and joke with players. and when things hit the fan and the community cries out, Riot takes note and usually does attempt to act and fix whatever the problem may be.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 07:21 AM
Yeah, I now the LoL devs do those sorts of things, but alot of others are just ''superficial'' if you get what I am saying.

Hitman84
07-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Yeah, I now the LoL devs do those sorts of things, but alot of others are just ''superficial'' if you get what I am saying.
maybe, but at least they show their head when their are outcries of this nature.
Hell, look at Mass Effect, which, with AC, is IMO the other top Franchise of the current console generation and look at what THEY did for their fans when things hit the fan.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Uhh..yeah..
The endings still suck.
But that is another topic and I can ignite a revolution here if I do it.
I think the reason, as I said, companies understand with payment.
But since that is not happening, this time it wont matter. Maybe next time around it would.

Hitman84
07-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Uhh..yeah..
The endings still suck.
But that is another topic and I can ignite a revolution here if I do it.
I think the reason, as I said, companies understand with payment.
But since that is not happening, this time it wont matter. Maybe next time around it would.

like em or not, Bioware still tried, still talked, still answered the questions people were asking, I KNOW, I was at pax east.
We can't say Ubi is doing the same.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 07:48 AM
The marketing division of Ubisoft is ran by idiots, which is very unfortunate /:

DreadxHawk
07-11-2012, 09:25 AM

Personal opinion here:

Some are happy with this pack, since it contains exclusive content and parts of the other editions, rather than just a "signature" edition with some DLC.

Some are not.

At present, we can't confirm if that content will be available at a later date to all.

The staggeringly amazing comment is only a small part of what upset me, the main reason is that our special edition announcement took so long and when it finally was released it was obviously not as nice as the European editions. It almost feels like they were determined to make it inferior to the Europe editions. I mean look at the editions, both of the EU editions get collectors boxes and NA doesnt. The EU edition is the only one with a multiplayer package, and the only one that comes with additional dlc. It feels like this was just slapped together and I personally feel like thats a terrible way to treat their fans. Also guys your kinda getting off topic

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Not really, it is discussing how the marketing is stupid, so they made it like that.
And the reason behind the DLC is because of the retailer specific deal, if I am correct.

DreadxHawk
07-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Not really, it is discussing how the marketing is stupid, so they made it like that.
And the reason behind the DLC is because of the retailer specific deal, if I am correct.

But that isn't the case with the Freedom edition

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 09:38 AM
...Because it is not a American edition, they are not limited by retailers.
And no, I mean missions, not characters/costumes.

DreadxHawk
07-11-2012, 09:40 AM
...Because it is not a American edition, they are not limited by retailers.
And no, I mean missions, not characters/costumes.

What I was trying to point out is that they didn't need to make the dlc exclusive to retailers, sorry for the confusion

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Oh, if that is the case, it is a weird common practice going on, retailers offer $$$ for DLC and Ubisoft gives them.

DreadxHawk
07-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Oh, if that is the case, it is a weird common practice going on, retailers offer $$$ for DLC and Ubisoft gives them.

I've noticed it recently and I understand they make a lot of money off of selling the dlc to exclusive retailers but it seems ridiculous that it would still apply when your shelling out the extra $60 for the special edition

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 09:50 AM
It's a practice that I personally hate, and all of them do it no matter what addition, which is kinda odd, but hey, we cant do much about it at this point because it is all set in stone.

DreadxHawk
07-11-2012, 09:54 AM
For the dlc I suppose theres not much we can do, but im not preording the limited edition unless they at least add GW Journal

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 09:57 AM
I dont get it...it is a NA Limited Edition yet..no George Washington Journal? how does that make sense?

DreadxHawk
07-11-2012, 09:59 AM
I dont get it...it is a NA Limited Edition yet..no George Washington Journal? how does that make sense?

Thats what I thought!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:02 AM
I mean, that is basically a American relic -____-

DreadxHawk
07-11-2012, 10:06 AM
And its obviously something that we would want, thats why it kinda feels like the LE was slapped together

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:08 AM
I think if they got rid of that really cheap belt buckle and put the journal + a Season Pass, would be much better.

DreadxHawk
07-11-2012, 10:14 AM
what do you mean by season pass

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:14 AM
It is like, basically, all DLC that comes afterwards you get for free.

DreadxHawk
07-11-2012, 10:17 AM
I doubt we will get anything like that

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Generally, games will have you pay a certain fee too give you the DLC, if you get the NA edition, you get it for free. Couple it with the Journal and it would be much better.

Biomedical-Fire
07-11-2012, 04:39 PM
I don't think that Ubi would ever give anyone anything for free, including DLC. Ubi is so cutthroat, they'd sell their own mothers if they could.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 09:50 PM
They gave us free DLC for Brotherhood....xD

Biomedical-Fire
07-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Face it, Ubi is Eurocentric, if you're not from the EMEA, you're a second class human.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-11-2012, 10:09 PM
They treat you like that because everybody keeps buying those...

Biomedical-Fire
07-12-2012, 02:20 AM
They treat you like that because everybody keeps buying those...No, they've been treating us this way with all their games in forever and a day!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 02:21 AM
Why? because people keep buying = why should they care?

SoullessKassidy
07-12-2012, 06:04 AM
lol yes before they sold their first game here they thought, people will buy treat them second rate lol, your reply to his comment doesn't even make sense. Again guys, if HasoOon is replying you should ignore him and just speak to each other; that way you won't want to bash your head into a rock.

As for me, probably done here, Ubi doesn't care, conversations are pointless with some :rolleyes: and after buying freedom off ebay Im done with all ubi games

peace

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 08:17 AM
The first 1 had a very limited Collectors edition.
I love how people dont want too look the other side on this manner aswell.

DreadxHawk
07-12-2012, 09:14 AM
If your displeased with our LE like I am then just dont buy it, they've already gotten our complaints and if they dont get enough sales they will hopefully alter our edition

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 09:25 AM
If your displeased with our LE like I am then just dont buy it, they've already gotten our complaints and if they dont get enough sales they will hopefully alter our edition

Exactly. Somebody that understands, everybody is looking at in 1 way, not the other.
When people are paying them $$$, but a few are displeased, they wont alter the entire edition.

kriegerdesgottes
07-12-2012, 01:00 PM

Normally I just wouldn't be able to but I am so sick of this always happening and this CE is such a disappointment that I have no intention of buying it this time. I'm tired of getting screwed by Ubisoft on the CE while the Europeans get something awesome so this year I'll be sticking with the regular game and it's a shame because it's the first time that I have not bought some sort of collectors edition for a AC game. oh wait except last year when we weren't even offered one!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Well...atleast it is better than the signature edition, but that is not saying much.....

DreadxHawk
07-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Normally I just wouldn't be able to but I am so sick of this always happening and this CE is such a disappointment that I have no intention of buying it this time. I'm tired of getting screwed by Ubisoft on the CE while the Europeans get something awesome so this year I'll be sticking with the regular game and it's a shame because it's the first time that I have not bought some sort of collectors edition for a AC game. oh wait except last year when we weren't even offered one!

Exactly! We need to stop throwing our money at them until they realize they cant treat us like second rate people

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 01:38 PM
This is what I said and everybody said I worked for Ubisoft -____-

Biomedical-Fire
07-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Well...atleast it is better than the signature edition, but that is not saying much.....Actually, the LE is making the Revelations Signature Edition look good. At least with the Sig. Ed. we got some decent DLC compared to the LE.

lol yes before they sold their first game here they thought, people will buy treat them second rate lol, your reply to his comment doesn't even make sense. Again guys, if HasoOon is replying you should ignore him and just speak to each other; that way you won't want to bash your head into a rock.

As for me, probably done here, Ubi doesn't care, conversations are pointless with some :rolleyes: and after buying freedom off ebay Im done with all ubi games

peaceI am getting the Join or Die Edition from HMV instead of the Freedom Edition from ebay. Is this the one that you pre-ordered from ebay? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Assassins-Creed-III-3-Freedom-Edition-Xbox-360-Connor-Pre-Order-/251104887035?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3a770480fb and what was the shipping?

Josegtx13
07-12-2012, 04:01 PM

I really wanted to buy my first AC CE from them, but that isn't going to be the case. It also seems that ACIII and its DLC are going to be the final products I'm going to buy from Ubi.

freddie_1897
07-12-2012, 04:11 PM
i propose a sit down strike!

in front of the telly

with a controller in our hands

and AC3 in the drive

Biomedical-Fire
07-12-2012, 05:49 PM
i propose a sit down strike!

in front of the telly

with a controller in our hands

and Resident Evil 6 in the driveThere, post fixed! ;)

Krayus Korianis
07-12-2012, 06:27 PM
I Pre-Ordered AC III. But I'm gonna just go with the GameStop edition since I don't have the money to blow on the Limited Edition which honestly should be called the Freedom or Die or Independence Edition tbqh.

freddie_1897
07-12-2012, 06:34 PM
There, I'm wrong, i changed your post because i have bipolar problems, i apologise for everything, here have 999 cookies, i love you, will you marry me?! ;)

no, I'm sorry but I'm not interested

SoullessKassidy
07-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Actually, the LE is making the Revelations Signature Edition look good. At least with the Sig. Ed. we got some decent DLC compared to the LE.

I am getting the Join or Die Edition from HMV instead of the Freedom Edition from ebay. Is this the one that you pre-ordered from ebay? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Assassins-Creed-III-3-Freedom-Edition-Xbox-360-Connor-Pre-Order-/251104887035?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3a770480fb and what was the shipping?

yea thats the one, spending almost 150 US total which is about the price most other good CEs sell for so I don't mind

$132.27 + GBP 7.00(approx. US $10.89) - Royal Mail Airmail

Shipping and handling
To
Service
Estimated delivery*

GBP 7.00

United States
Royal Mail Airmail (Small Packets)

Between 6-10 business days

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-12-2012, 11:49 PM
HMV is your best bet for the game, get everything else from Ebay.

DreadxHawk
07-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Getting the game off ebay would be a good idea except im pretty sure the dlc would be unusable in NA

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 12:03 AM
I believe the DLC is region locked, but not the game. Tho all the DLC will be released later.

Biomedical-Fire
07-13-2012, 03:37 AM
yea thats the one, spending almost 150 US total which is about the price most other good CEs sell for so I don't mind

$132.27 + GBP 7.00(approx. US $10.89) - Royal Mail Airmail

Shipping and handling

To

Service

Estimated delivery*

GBP 7.00

United States

Royal Mail Airmail (Small Packets)

Between 6-10 business days

That was the one that I was going to pre-order, but then when I looked at another of his pre-orders for the Freedom Edition, he said that shipping would be $40 USD because the size of the box, but if it's still $10 USD, might either get it and the Join or Die Edition together, or I might just change it over to the Freedom Edition. I can always get the Freedom Edition and then cancel the JoD Edition pre-order since they won't charge my card until they ship the package.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:39 AM
Just get the Freedom Edition, it is the best edition.

SoullessKassidy
07-13-2012, 03:54 AM
[FONT=tahoma]That was the one that I was going to pre-order, but then when I looked at another of his pre-orders for the Freedom Edition, he said that shipping would be $40 USD because the size of the box, but if it's still $10 USD, might either get it and the Join or Die Edition together, or I might just change it over to the Freedom Edition. I can always get the Freedom Edition and then cancel the JoD Edition pre-order since they won't charge my card until they ship the package.

I'll send him a message then, 180 is a little more than I would like to spend

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:58 AM
I still wonder tho, why not make one big Collectors edition?

Biomedical-Fire
07-13-2012, 05:49 AM
I'll send him a message then, 180 is a little more than I would like to spendI haven't seen that auction page in awhile, he's been listing at the $10 USD mark for awhile now so he might've changed it since then. I tried messaging him a couple of times about when he wanted payment and how long that he was going to keep offering it for pre-order, but he never replied back. If he does get back with you about the shipping charge, let me know.

EDIT: I looked at the other pre-orders, they are stating shipping costs at anywhere from $70USD for shipping to $99USD, he however is offering shipping for $10.89USD.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 05:50 AM
Wait, you guys pay extra, correct?
40$?

Biomedical-Fire
07-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Wait, you guys pay extra, correct?
40$?Awhile ago the guy that is taking pre-orders for the Freedom Edition on ebay was stating $40USD shipping, but now is offering $10USD for shipping, but we want to make sure that it's $10USD to ship to the N.A. and not $40USD to ship here.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 06:00 AM
Basically you dont want to get scammed...
Blah, I would hate too live in the US right now o-o

Mr_Shade
07-13-2012, 10:29 AM
I still wonder tho, why not make one big Collectors edition?
It's been answered many times before, it's due to regional marketing and economic differences.

I suggest you take a few minutes to read the forums, rather than constantly posting - you seem to have time to kill and it's amazing the information that is already here ;)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 10:39 AM
It's been answered many times before, it's due to regional marketing and economic differences.

I suggest you take a few minutes to read the forums, rather than constantly posting - you seem to have time to kill and it's amazing the information that is already here ;)

I know that they said, Shade.....
But companies like SEGA in Japan, are making international CE.

Mr_Shade
07-13-2012, 10:41 AM
I know that they said, Shade.....
But companies like SEGA in Japan, are making international CE.
If you know - then why ask? :confused:

Some companies operate differently and may have different contracts with retailers etc

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 10:43 AM
I asked simply because I believe there is something more too it than that.
Dunno, I just find it odd that alot of other companies can easily make international CE's.
But hey, I am not working for Ubi, so I dont really know.

Mr_Shade
07-13-2012, 11:02 AM
But hey, I am not working for Ubi, so I dont really know.Which is why I posted ;)

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Wait, you work for Ubisoft? O_o

Serrachio
07-13-2012, 11:19 AM

Yes. Shade is one of the Forum Managers.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 11:19 AM
So wait, a forum manager works for Ubisoft...
Oh, I never knew that.

Serrachio
07-13-2012, 11:27 AM
So wait, a forum manager works for Ubisoft...
Oh, I never knew that.

Are you serious? They manage the Ubisoft Forums.

Them being a Ubisoft employee should be as clear as day.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 11:28 AM

Well, they could be members that Ubisoft chose too manage the forums.
Some forums do that, so I just never bothered with that.
Now I know Shade is a employee, so all good.

Biomedical-Fire
07-13-2012, 02:14 PM
I asked simply because I believe there is something more too it than that.
Dunno, I just find it odd that alot of other companies can easily make international CE's.
But hey, I am not working for Ubi, so I dont really know.You should've learned by now that Ubisoft hides behind the "different strokes for different folks" excuse and that they don't like to be as kind to their fanbase as other companies.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 02:15 PM
I think they are pretty kind to anybody out of the US :nonchalance:

ShadownetX
07-13-2012, 02:40 PM

It's funny that the guy with over 4000 posts in less than a month, don't know that Mr.Shade works for Ubisoft.. Idiot.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 02:43 PM
It's funny that the guy with over 4000 posts in less than a month, don't know that Mr.Shade works for Ubisoft.. Idiot.

Why so offensive? did I personally hurt you?

ShadownetX
07-13-2012, 03:01 PM
If you know - then why ask? :confused:

Some companies operate differently and may have different contracts with retailers etc

So in other words, the marketing department for North America is runs by morons?
Because economically, Europe been so wealthy compared to the US and Canada that they deserve the better editions. Even if our economy is worst, you guys would have still have make a huge profit giving us just the Freedom edition alone. Not some limited edition.

Oh speaking of limited edition. They couldn't name it something like Independence Edition? A name the some poster thought of in 5 seconds that sounds great like Freedom or Join or Die Edition.
While I understand the whole retailer pre-order DLCs, doesnt mean I like it. It's just baffled me that you guys left out the Journal for some cheap belt buckle. If I wanted to wear an oversized ads, I would go down to Hot Topic and buy a Legend of Zelda logo or something that look much better.

In the end, Ubisoft just make us gamers feels like when it come to Assassin's Creeds. We'll always get the crappy edition or none actually. Because the people in the marketing department are a bunch of idiots who's not in touch with their customers. You guys could learn a thing or two from Gearbox. They actually asked us what we want and gave us just that.

I would write a feedback email but I'm sure it would automatically go in the thrash bin like all of the other susgestion emails.

ShadownetX
07-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Why so offensive? did I personally hurt you?

No your obliviousness it's just outstanding.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:05 PM
No your obliviousness it's just outstanding.

No, other forum systems have the managers really just be members, who were mods, get promoted too forum managers. Not nonessential part of the staff of the company.

ShadownetX
07-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Ubiworkshop moderators are their employees, so is Gearbox with the exception of 2 people I know out of 7 total mods on there. So yeah.. Sureeeee. No other forums.

Ps. Adding Bungie forum too I believe most if not all of their mods are working for Bungie.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:18 PM
....You are judging based on 2 forums.....
How smart. Why are you making such a big deal out of it anyway?

ShadownetX
07-13-2012, 03:23 PM
....You are judging based on 2 forums.....
How smart. Why are you making such a big deal out of it anyway?

You're the one saying "NO OTHER forum systems..."

Oh no this isn't a big deal, hurricane, wildfire, terrorists, nuclear war, recessions, and wild life preservation are a big deal. This is a small deal.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:25 PM
If you did not notice, I had a comma after the No. It was not one sentence
-____-

ShadownetX
07-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Either way, I provided you with more information about other forums mods. Now can we get back to talking about how crappy the LE is before Mr.Shades gets worry that more people will catches on that some employees at Ubiscrew is doing a horrible job at making collector edition for the US

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Not much can be done now, best hopes is too have the journal added.

ShadownetX
07-13-2012, 03:39 PM
They could cut the **** price down to $100-$105 and we would be happy if they can't include the journal. Or at least give us a Season Pass. It's not hard to make those. A card with a code on it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Trust me, Ubi would never cut down the price.
Not in a million years will it happen, they would do ANYTHING but cut down the price.

ShadownetX
07-13-2012, 03:49 PM
[offensive comment removed.]

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-13-2012, 04:11 PM
....No need too insult a entire COUNTRY that actually helped you even win the war just for a game company.

ShadownetX
07-13-2012, 05:17 PM
[swearing removed ]

Mr_Shade
07-13-2012, 05:38 PM
I suggest those of you unfamiliar with the forum's staff - read the forum rules - all is explained there.

Shocked that someone so active has not read them yet though, they are pinned in every forum for people to read.

I am also reminding everyone that bypassing the swear filter, is an offence, and it's one if repeated will result in suspension from the forum.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/663799-Forum-Rules

Now, back on topic please.

SoullessKassidy
07-13-2012, 07:39 PM

Actually in a lot of cases, forum mods don't work for the company, this is actually the first time I know a forum mod to actually be a real employee of the company. UFC forums are modded by selected members and do not officially work for THQ and don't get paid.

Mr_Shade
07-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Actually in a lot of cases, forum mods don't work for the company, this is actually the first time I know a forum mod to actually be a real employee of the company. UFC forums are modded by selected members and do not officially work for THQ and don't get paid.
Ubisoft Moderators are unpaid, however Forum Managers are not just moderators ;)

We do many far reaching things, apart from maintaining order in the discussion forums ;)

SoullessKassidy
07-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Ubisoft Moderators are unpaid, however Forum Managers are not just moderators ;)

We do many far reaching things, apart from maintaining order in the discussion forums ;)

so for this company forum manager is more like a community manager?

Mr_Shade
07-13-2012, 07:56 PM
so for this company forum manager is more like a community manager?
No, we have some of those as well..

;)

Theres a few different people you may see from time to time - they will all have titles which make them easy to identify.

For details on roles, check the forum rules ;)

SoullessKassidy
07-13-2012, 09:55 PM
I did check when i posted, seems to me like you are inbetween a forum mod and com manager and idk kinda sucks you don't get paid lol.

ironpond
07-13-2012, 10:08 PM
I for one, am very excited for the CE. I have preorderd and paid off. Instead of complaining of how you want more, be thankful that there is a CE, as there could be none. If you are unhappy with the CE, then dont buy it, don t try to persuade the gaming community to boycott because you are unhappy, That is all. Thanks.

TheFrontLine
07-13-2012, 10:13 PM
I for one, am very excited for the CE. I have preorderd and paid off. Instead of complaining of how you want more, be thankful that there is a CE, as there could be none. If you are unhappy with the CE, then dont buy it, don t try to persuade the gaming community to boycott because you are unhappy, That is all. Thanks.

Those who choose to boycott are either also angry about the CE, or have seen the issues with it because of the OP. If you are happy with your order, then why do you feel the need to say those who aren't shouldn't boycott it, and tell others why they are doing so?

Mr_Shade
07-13-2012, 11:04 PM
I did check when i posted, seems to me like you are inbetween a forum mod and com manager and idk kinda sucks you don't get paid lol.
We do get paid ;)

SoullessKassidy
07-14-2012, 12:46 AM
good, well then in my eyes you are community assistant mangers under a weird name :p

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 02:59 AM
You get paid to fend off trolls and spammers?
I want your job xD

DreadxHawk
07-14-2012, 04:22 AM

You're making it seem like I'm the only one who has a problem with the CE. I'm asking people who are also upset with it to not pre-order it in hopes that this action, along with all of our complaints will get us either a better edition, or edit the one we have now with at least the Journal, I'm hoping for a whole other edition preferably with a collectors box, but adding the Journal would be acceptable as well

Levyathyn
07-14-2012, 05:05 AM
I'm pretty upset, as well. If this is some kind of petition, I'm signing it here. I don't know about boycott, since Ubisoft has already taken my money on the rest of the series, but I won't be buying Assassin's Creed 3 at all, if I can't have the Edition I want. The European Freedom Edition has an actual box, a nice box. It has art, a better-looking statue, more content, a beautiful steelbook case, and, of course, Washington's journal. If I can't convince Ubisoft to let me pay them for this extra stuff, then there's no justice in this world.

Skorged Ice
07-14-2012, 05:43 AM
I agree OP.

The problem here is that North American players are being told that we should pay *this much* for *this little*. Right now, as someone who was going to spend close to $300 dollars, $200 of that (Canadian so the game price around here hits about $80-$90), on Assassin's Creed, I can't believe that we're getting so little for our worth. Everyone that doesn't see the illogical fallacy with what Ubisoft is doing here, has no hope of ever seeing "justice" done. How can someone sit there and say "its okay for Ubisoft to charge this much money for this little in this region... yet charge this much money for far more in this region"?

Ubisoft needs to start treating its fan-base as equal rather than two different people where on one hand they can pick as their favorite, the other, as their red-headed step-child who they force feed muck.

mukwag
07-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Doesn't really bother me. I've got no need for the physical items, just want the pre-order characters.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-14-2012, 07:12 AM
Doesn't really bother me. I've got no need for the physical items, just want the pre-order characters.

I agree here. In the end, what matters is the game itself. No need to get the LE, just get standard.

Skorged Ice
07-14-2012, 08:05 AM
I agree here. In the end, what matters is the game itself. No need to get the LE, just get standard.

I disagree sir.

The practice itself of shafting one region over another is wrong. Ubisoft cannot even claim "mistake" seeing as how this will be the fifth time NA players have gotten less (if anything, cough, Revelations) for their money.