PDA

View Full Version : How much has the series changed?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 02:50 AM
We have come a very long way from the ambitious first game and Altair...how do you reflect the change we gone through?
The series has changed so much in those last few years. We have from a single player campaign with no free roam too a game with multiplayer, a long single player with side missions and free roam

We evolved from a simple Templar vs Assassin philosophical story too a much more complicated one.
The gameplay changed are too much to list.
We went from a successful game too one of the biggest franchises of this gen.
It evolved into Ubi's ''mascot'' franchise
Hell, even the CGI has changed for the better.
What are you're thoughts and how you do reflect on the evolution of this series?

RatonhnhakeFan
07-07-2012, 03:37 AM
Hell, even the CGI has changed for the better.
Except that "First Civilization city gets destroyed" CGI cutscene in ACR. I don't know why, but it just looks like something from the 90s

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Yeah, I agree that. Looked really low quality.

beatledude210
07-07-2012, 04:55 AM
I loved the change that came with Ac2. It was something significantly unique for me, and was just simply incredible.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 05:04 AM
We are going too see a even BIGGER jump with AC III, even the most basic concepts have been changed.

beatledude210
07-07-2012, 05:06 AM
We are going too see a even BIGGER jump with AC III, even the most basic concepts have been changed.

I know! I can't wait...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 05:10 AM
Imagine if on October 30th Ashton Kutcher comes up and says: ''Yeah...this game does not exist. YOU JUST GOT PUNKED!''
I am burning Ubisoft till they're building becomes ashes.

rileypoole1234
07-07-2012, 05:11 AM
Imagine if on October 30th Ashton Kutcher comes up and says: ''Yeah...this game does not exist. YOU JUST GOT PUNKED!''
I am burning Ubisoft till they're building becomes ashes.

I'd just murder Kutcher. Painfully. Slowly.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 05:12 AM
I would murder everybody involved with Ubisoft and Kutcher.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 05:51 AM
Well, this thread has taken an odd turn...

We have from a single player campaign with no free roam too a game with multiplayer, a long single player with side missions and free roam

I'm not so sure what you mean there, OP. Are you saying that AC1 didn't have free roam? Please correct me if I misunderstood, but I do remember being able to roam freely throughout all the cities in AC1...

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 05:52 AM
Post game you could not without glitching the game at sequence 6.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 06:00 AM
You could re-play all of the memories, though, no? So all you really need to do is just open up a memory from later-on in the game (so that you have most, if not all of your weapons), and after Al Mualim is done blabbering you can just run wild.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 06:01 AM
But technically they did not have in-built free roam. Which sucked, hate replaying that cutscene -___-

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 06:06 AM
But technically they did not have in-built free roam. Which sucked, hate replaying that cutscene -___-

Oh, man, I feel you there. I think I have it the worst, though, since I have AC1 on my slow-as-balls computer only, Al Mualim literally takes 15 minutes to deliver his speeches because the audio is so out of sync.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 06:20 AM
LOL. 15 minutes of Al Mualim....xD
How did Desmond not de-sync from that?

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 06:35 AM
I think after the amount of times I killed mercenaries with throwing knives the animus just gave up.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Throwing Knives were WAYYYYYYY too over powered in AC1. You got go the entire game with them if you really wanted too.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Throwing Knives were WAYYYYYYY too over powered in AC1. You got go the entire game with them if you really wanted too.

Oh my god, this. But boy, were they satisfying. One of my favorite animations in any AC game is when Altair reaches in the side of his boot, grabs a throwing knife and flings it through the air like a boss. During the loading screens, all I would do was throw knives, just so that I could get that animation every once in a while.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Unlimited Throwing knives for so fun too mess around with ;D

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Man, just talking about this makes me want to re-play AC1 again. Stop your witchcraft before I end up staying up all night playing Assassin's Creed! :p

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 06:59 AM
And also, remember that epic moment were you we did the first Leap of Faith?
One of the best moments in the series IMO.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 07:03 AM
And also, remember that epic moment were you we did the first Leap of Faith?
One of the best moments in the series IMO.

Iconic, timeless, and awesome, that moment will never get old. Never.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 07:04 AM
And also, remember how cool Altairs vambrace was?
Dont know why, everything looks cooler with it.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 07:09 AM
And also, remember how cool Altairs vambrace was?
Dont know why, everything looks cooler with it.

I think it's the way you can see the hidden blade. I loved how awesome it looked when you were "swimming" through a crowd. It's little things like this that make AC1 just plain awesome. Too bad it was held back by the repetitive mission structure and somewhat cardboard-like main character.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 07:11 AM
...Altair was badass. His voice actor is what brought him down. I hated it even more than the average person, when I finally get a main character from my country not strapped in bombs, what do you do?
AMERICAN BLOODY ACCENT.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 07:12 AM
...Altair was badass. His voice actor is what brought him down. I hated it even more than the average person, when I finally get a main character from my country not strapped in bombs, what do you do?
AMERICAN BLOODY ACCENT.

Yeah, ubisoft really slid by with that one. They have a pretty awesome excuse for it though: That altair's voice was just REALLY well translated from the Animus. To the extent that it sounded like Uncle Sam himself was talking.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 07:15 AM
The reason they slid by in my opinion was arguably because they are afraid people wont ''connect'' with Altair because he has a arab accent. More like afraid of the Patriotic idiots who will jump against the game.
My 2 cents on it.
Tho it was kinda funny how well he did not fit in.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 07:18 AM
Yeah. People would jump on the "I don't want to play as no stinkin' terrorist! I want to be a jesus-loving assassin!" bandwagon for sure.''

Tho it was kinda funny how well he did not fit in.

Listening to a conversation between Altair and Al Mualim was like listening to a Red-Neck try to dial up Comcast Customer Service.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 07:20 AM
It is sad really.
The media only looks at us as people strapped with bombs, while those only represent the minority who take it too far. Most people got the concept of Jihad wrong....fail.
But Ezio..NO! WE CANT MAKE HIM AMERICAN! ITALIAN! ITALIAN!
BTW, remember how AC1 did not have subtitles? xD

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 07:22 AM
How ironic would it be if they put english subtitles in AC3 but not for AC1?

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Actually, they should add subtitles. Some people are deft, they should not be left out of the experience.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Oh, good point. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f68VXKMZT1Q)

:p

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Stewie facepalm
/facepalm
And if that dont work, use more palm.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Apply directly to the forehead. (http://thedailygrind.robdamanii.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/StarTrekFacePalm.gif)

EzioAssassin51
07-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Oh come on guys, Altair's voice was not that bad, and that whole argument about people wanting to play as a 'Jesus-Loving Assassin' makes no sense considering we're told several times he does not believe in God -_-

Stop talking such crap against Altair and his voice and why he sounds like that, seriously.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 08:03 AM
It is terrible. Not just for him, but for any character. His case made it even worse.
No need too lie, we all know the stance of some people, Ubisoft decided too would I guess ''avoid that'' by picking a terrible american accent with a terrible voice actor. The Jesus part does not have too be in there, but just the idea of ''OMG, IT'S AN ARAB! UBISOFT IS GLORIFYING TERRORISTS!''

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Oh come on guys, Altair's voice was not that bad, and that whole argument about people wanting to play as a 'Jesus-Loving Assassin' makes no sense considering we're told several times he does not believe in God -_-

Stop talking such crap against Altair and his voice and why he sounds like that, seriously.

It was a hyperbolic joke about how some americans might get turned off by playing as someone from an area that is generally disliked amongst the population. And did you really think Altair's voice was actually good?

EDIT: "Area" as in the middle east... not Israel / The Holy Land

Black_Widow9
07-07-2012, 07:04 PM
It was a hyperbolic joke about how some americans might get turned off by playing as someone from an area that is generally disliked amongst the population. And did you really think Altair's voice was actually good?

EDIT: "Area" as in the middle east... not Israel / The Holy Land
One that is not wanted on the Forums. Insults to any Nation or Nationality is not allowed.

If you guys cannot keep On Topic I will be closing this thread.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Anybody noticed how much the facial animation has improved?

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Anybody noticed how much the facial animation has improved?

AC1 on its lowest graphical setting made the citizens look like they had no face, and two fingers per hand. It was hilarious.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Holding a sword with 2 fingers...xD

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Holding a sword with 2 fingers...xD

The ninja turtles did it :P (http://anilinkz.com/img/ser/fi/604.jpg)

But, yeah. We have come a LONG way in terms of animation and facial structures.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Remember how civilians and guards used too free run faster than you?

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Remember how civilians and guards used too free run faster than you?

The civilian thing still happens in some of the later games. I always burst out laughing when I see an ordinary civilian survive a parkour-like jump off a rooftop in brotherhood.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Guards were extremely fast tho, and would never give up on finding you until you got in that haybale, mostly because the other guards magically know who you are.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 09:18 PM
I think that the only reason the chases did go on as long as they did are the guards magically knowing who you are. That's how you gathered so many people on your tail, after all.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 09:20 PM
They fixed that tho, plus, why did anybody never search the haybales?

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 09:31 PM
I guess since Ezio/Altair never got caught hanging out in the haybales, they had no reason to search them.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 09:33 PM
I do lol at the bench tho, but it makes sense, they dont assume that somebody will just sit down a bench.

jzsnyder
07-07-2012, 09:34 PM
I do lol at the bench tho, but it makes sense, they dont assume that somebody will just sit down a bench.

Because nobody's THAT stupid, right? Right?!

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 09:34 PM
I guess so...xD

SixKeys
07-08-2012, 01:19 AM
I think that the only reason the chases did go on as long as they did are the guards magically knowing who you are. That's how you gathered so many people on your tail, after all.

It's not exactly magic. They were aware that an assassin might be on the move, so they kept a lookout for any suspicious activity. When one group of guards started chasing you, people around you would panic, so when you sprinted past another group of guards, they figured "hey, this guy must be running for a reason". Plus you had the elite guards who were always looking for you and would be quicker to recognize you. I wish the guards in later games were as smart as that.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-08-2012, 01:20 AM
No, not like that, at times I would break they're line of site and start walking, it's yellow, then BAM, those guards somehow magically know I am the Assassin.