PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to improve AA

thekarlone
07-07-2012, 02:14 AM
Perhaps it's too late for this, but I have a suggestion to improve Artifact Assault, and to avoid Domination becomes too similar in comparison to it. Two changes should be done about the area of the artifact:

- Defenders can't enter the artifact area (as if there's an invisible or semi transparent wall).
- Abilities can't be used inside or through artifact area (from outside to inside, or from outside to outside, crossing the circle).

So, this would change a bit the defensive strategy. Defenders must patrol the map without remaining in the area or placing traps inside. Thieves can't use teleport or smoke bombs or others abilities quickly, just when they catch the artifact, they should at least, leave the area. If they spend much time inside the area, defenders can identify him, but not kill him: then it starts a new tricky game of how to mislead the pursuers and find a way out, the worst defended point around the area. Teammates can help him to escape.

FilipinoNinja67
07-07-2012, 02:29 AM
I don't like these suggestions at all what with there being some artifact areas being really close to chase breakers and being able to camp inside artifact area while teamates come to save you.I would like to see more maps that encourage different playstyles (maps where running on the roof isn't the most direct route,, indoor areas that encourage a stealthy approach and a fast getaway not like souk which was too small)

punkachump
07-07-2012, 03:01 AM
I don't like these suggestions at all what with there being some artifact areas being really close to chase breakers and being able to camp inside artifact area while teamates come to save you.I would like to see more maps that encourage different playstyles (maps where running on the roof isn't the most direct route,, indoor areas that encourage a stealthy approach and a fast getaway not like souk which was too small)

I think this would favour offense more than defense, so I would have to agree with filipino. Teleport into the base and run inside the artifact circle and wait for your abilities to cooldown (whilst having boost cooldowns). Run outside the circle, smoke bomb, teleport out, score. It would be abused way too much.

Even if you did have the artifact carrier locked on, the only way you would be able to stop the teleport would be knives, since if you're on 1 side of the circle the enemy would just run to the other side, which would mean you would have to run all the way around the circle to get to him/her.

Even if you did camp at the half way line, it would still be too easier for him/her to get past you with teleport + boost cooldowns. In this case, the offense will be holding all the cards, whilst the defense just waits for them to do somehting.

Particularly agree with filipino and a stealthy approach to the artifact, more moving blend groups! God sometimes it can feel like I wait 5 mins for a blend group that walks through the artifact!

Pillsy74
07-07-2012, 03:08 AM
The biggest problems with AA have to do with two things: the unbalanced artifact placements, and border huggers.

The second is almost non-existent on maps like Galata and Knights Hospital,where there are SO MANY places to cross that it's impossible for people to cover them all. That being said, the artifact placement in KH that's not in the DM area is one of the easiest to get to and avoid campers on. The problem with them is on maps like Rome and Venice where the game revolves around people on top of the market stalls or in the area under the building, respectively.

Of the old maps, Castel Gandolfo is both the most fair and worst for the border huggers. Rome is easily the worst map for this mode.

FilipinoNinja67
07-07-2012, 07:43 PM
I've had some epic matches on Rome... I disagree with it being the worst for arti assault. I would say MSM and Sienna both maps are just terrible and bland. MSM would be better if they opened up the middle church and sienna needs to be bigger.I would also like the ability to stun those with the artifact if I have the artifact but not be able to kill.I can't wait to see how the Anvil Next engine will effect the multiplayer. Moar crowds! :D

stingray10
07-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Sorry, i don't like these ideas. I think you are focusing on things which are not as important as other issues such as the gun in AA which is appauling.

Black_Widow9
07-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Please make sure you post this here-
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662385-ACIII-Multiplayer-Suggestions

FilipinoNinja67
07-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Sorry, i don't like these ideas. I think you are focusing on things which are not as important as other issues such as the gun in AA which is appauling.Make the gun have it's own first person wrist aim that locks you in place while you aim down sights that pop out of the gun? Or make it so that gun can hit civillians.

W-E-S-P
07-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Sorry, i don't like these ideas. I think you are focusing on things which are not as important as other issues such as the gun in AA which is appauling.

Nah, don't remove gun. How will I troll those constant, no skill OSB/Teleport users.

Serrachio
07-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Nah, don't remove gun. How will I troll those constant, no skill OSB/Teleport users.

Gun only needs to be taken back to the aiming speed/accuracy of Brotherhood. As of now, ACR's Gun charges faster, which means that players can hardly dodge it in time, and trying to do so will only give away an Execution. Either that, or random shots have an increased likelihood to hit, leading players to aim for a while so that the chances favour them more.

I have mentioned this many times before, but I would also like to see the Hook Slide from ACR's single player in AC3's multiplayer. It will make maneuvering into Grab Kill position more fluid and easy, and if it would allow a player to duck into cover from a gunshot quicker, it could offer a decent chance of protection.

As of now, I'd say AC3's MP only needs the Hookblade for corner mounted lanterns/flowerpots and to perform the Hook Slide, since ACB's climbing mechanic allowed the player to eject at any time.

ObsidianMango
07-08-2012, 09:32 PM
border huggers are dealt with in AC3, they have added a cooldown period when switching from pursuer to target and visa versa.

ObsidianMango
07-08-2012, 09:41 PM
AA is another mode that is completely broken really, It's a timed match and the best way is to just run because it's hard to catch someone who's running. I thought a nice idea might be to say the artifact carrier can only walk unless they are in a chase?

This would not only encourage people to exit the area all the way back to base stealthily but also enter it in a stealthy manner. There's not much that can be done to sort out AA really, that I can think of.

Serrachio
07-08-2012, 09:50 PM
AA is another mode that is completely broken really, It's a timed match and the best way is to just run because it's hard to catch someone who's running. I thought a nice idea might be to say the artifact carrier can only walk unless they are in a chase?

This would not only encourage people to exit the area all the way back to base stealthily but also enter it in a stealthy manner. There's not much that can be done to sort out AA really, that I can think of.

One thing I would prefer is if Hidden Gun only took effect in the protector's section or the stealer's section. This way, you'd be better off resorting to slowing them down in their section with Knives or killing them rapidly in your own with the Gun.

Another thing that could be considered is reworking the mode to have one artifact, no borders and two teams racing to get to it first. From there, the stealer's team would have to protect their teammate while they attempt to score, and that the other team would have to kill the carrier to reset it back to the artifact's base, with the Gun dropping the artifact for both teams to take. This would stop border campers and give Hidden Gun a tactical use, since the gunner could then take the artifact for themselves (or their closest teammate) instead of simply killing to reset the artifact.

Or, there's the more simple option of removing Teleport and replacing it with Sprint Boost, which would make a lot of sense considering they took it out and then introduced 2 predominantly running based modes (3 if you consider Corruption as a running mode more than hiding).